Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media (2667 Views)

Reno Omokri: "Men, Big Bosoms And Backsides Shouldn't Be Your Target" / Relationship Shouldn't Be All About Sex / Relationship Shouldn't Be A Playground (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by saphhire: 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
There was a time when relationships were sacred and private. Both parties were driven by the commitment to love, honor and respect each other. Whatever they faced, they faced alone. The relationship was private. Now we live in a society where social media is important to us. We all want to be accepted on social media and we put everything about us up on social media including our relationships.
Social media has the power to destroy relationships, Whether they were solid or not. People have lost the art of privacy, they don’t know the difference between privacy and secrecy. People used to protect their relationship from the influence of the outside world. The couple didn't want society to have an opinion about their relationship, but now times have changed.

I overheard an argument some time ago between a couple. The man wanted to keep the relationship private, the woman felt he was hiding something, embarrassed of her or didn't love her enough. She felt he had to post his significant other on social media like it was a written requirement. There is also this idea that if your partner doesn't flaunt you om social media, then he is cheating. The thing is the best cheater actually does what is necessary to make his/her partner feel as if they are fully invested in the relationship. There are numerous stories of partners who cheat but post pictures of their significant other every time.

Social media should be used in moderation. When abused, social media can be a stage for humiliation, exploitation, and shame. One bad social media encounter can show you that not everything needs to be shared online. You should not keep your partner a secret, but your relationship should be private. It shouldn't be between two of you and your 5000 Twitter and Instagram followers. The idea that what goes on inside of your home stays inside of your home is one rule that should still reign true, especially as it pertains to your love life.
Love is a beautiful thing and to fully experience that with your partner, here are some other reasons your love life should not be flaunted on social media.

1. You open yourself up to the opinions of others.

How quickly we forget the idiom we were told while growing up, "Don't wash your dirty laundry in public". This means we should not talk to other people about personal things that should be kept private. Our parents knew the consequences of speaking loosely about family matters, it also applies to your relationship. If you decide to tell everyone about the situation of things with your partner, you are only opening yourself to the opinion of others, opinions you do not need.

2. Everyone won't be happy for you

There is a Yoruba adage that says " it's all lizards that lie on their tummy, but we do not know the one that is suffering from a stomach ache". Not everyone will be happy for you, they may seem happy but you really don't know what they are really thinking.

3. It can create a false idea of validation

Posting a picture on social media doesn't mean your partner really loves you, it's just an act that's done. You may post a picture of a meal because it's not personal but your partner is. You don't have to post a picture of your partner to prove your love to him/her. A girl may post the picture of her man just to tell other girls out there that she has found a man. On the another hand, a guy may just post the picture of his babe, just to show other people the hot chick he is currently going out with. your partner can show you off for the wrong reasons. It also can just be validation to feed insecurities.

4. Unhealthy attention

The world is dehydrated and being a spectator of your love affair temporarily quenches their thirst. This something you can easily get addicted to and it is bad for your relationship. A couple can be more in love with the glamour of having a social media relationship than an actual bond. Your intentions and motivations stay pure when your relationship is private. You should be in a relationship with someone not because the social media world loves seeing you guys together but because you can't imagine a life without the person.

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON: www.thatbluebook.com.ng (NIGERIA'S COOLEST WEBZINE)

COMPLETE POST: http://www.thatbluebook.com.ng/single-post/2016/10/24/Heres-Why-Your-Relationship-Shouldnt-Be-On-Social-Media

MORE LOVE AND SEX POSTS: http://www.thatbluebook.com.ng/love-sex
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by ClassCaptain(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
U can't flaunt what u dont have embarassed
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Laveda(f): 3:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nice points.

I prefer an exclusive one anytime jare. sad

2 Likes

Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by MackBrooklyn: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2016
[size=25pt]Airforce1 and JudeEfcc needs to read this cheesy cheesy [/size]

OP, Nice Point Though cool

1 Like

Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by MackBrooklyn: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
Laveda:
Nice points.

I prefer an exclusive one anytime jare. sad

Exclusive one like the one that will be on BBC or TMZ, shey?? wink
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
MackBrooklyn:
[size=25pt]Airforce1 and JudeEfcc needs to read this cheesy cheesy [/size]

Especially Airforce1

Seems the dude is spending more time in the studio these days though cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by MackBrooklyn: 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
KissChris:

Especially Airforce1

Seems the dude is spending more time in the studio these days though cheesy

Yeah, heard he is been busy lately with his debut album cheesy cheesy
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Yeah, heard he is been busy lately with his debut album cheesy cheesy

Debut Album wey He don drop since

With Him mouth cheesy
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
I prefer my next relationship is private... At least if it won't work, juz only between me and the guy knows abt it & juz to avoid unnecessary toxic ppol that can cause further complication... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Laveda(f): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Exclusive one like the one that will be on BBC or TMZ, shey?? wink

Nope, CNN.
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by MackBrooklyn: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
KissChris:

Debut Album wey He don drop since

With Him mouth cheesy
No dey underrate that guy OoO undecided

He is gonna shock y'all soon cheesy wink
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by MackBrooklyn: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
Laveda:

Nope, CNN.
Lol, and why not Al-Jazeera tongue wink cheesy
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Laveda(f): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Lol, and why not Al-Jazeera tongue wink cheesy

Help me out then.
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by MackBrooklyn: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2016
Laveda:

Help me out then.

Lol, your boyfriend should be able to do at least that for you now, don't you think?? wink tongue
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Laveda(f): 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Lol, your boyfriend should be able to do at least that for you now, don't you think?? wink tongue

smiley Go check how an exclusive relationship runs.
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by schumastic(m): 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
I GO WITH OP ON THIS ONE, SWEETHEART COME AND SEE O, MISSPICY grin grin grin
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Theophinio(m): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
Say it loud
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by misspicy(f): 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2016
schumastic:
I GO WITH OP ON THIS ONE, SWEETHEART COME AND SEE O, MISSPICY grin grin grin
Honey see me here o

Lemme check it out wink
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by misspicy(f): 9:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
ClassCaptain:
U can't flaunt what u dont have embarassed
Pele you will soon have grin

Did you convocate?
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2016
Exactly!!!

Nice points op smiley
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by ClassCaptain(m): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
misspicy:

Did you convocate?

Asiko o ti to fun mi lati convocate ??

O DE DA wi pe o ni awon Omo odo binrin naira landi Yi lowo, fun mi ikan ninu awon aponbepore won Yi ki fi se aya ati amu otutu lo..
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
MackBrooklyn:
[size=25pt] and J needs to read this cheesy cheesy [/size]

The latter needs a complete brain transplant to reason well. grin
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2016
misspicy:

Did you convocate?
Heyyyyyooo smiley, you didn't call again
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Aderola15:

Heyyyyyooo smiley, you didn't call again
Twinnie!, so you're online today?. grin
How did the project go?.
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 24, 2016
MzMayD:
You handled him very well.
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by MackBrooklyn: 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2016
MzMayD:

Babe, and can you help him with that?? kiss
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by misspicy(f): 10:16pm On Oct 24, 2016
ClassCaptain:

Asiko o ti to fun mi lati convocate ??

O DE DA wi pe o ni awon Omo odo binrin naira landi Yi lowo, fun mi ikan ninu awon aponbepore won Yi ki fi se aya ati amu otutu lo..
mo kan beere ni,boya 5 years course lo se?
Emi gan se ri direct entry ni,Mon wa le si Tanke.

Awon ti won ko e je ni lit section nko? lolz
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Babe, and can you help him with that?? kiss
Sadly I can't....

Only God can grin
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by MackBrooklyn: 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
MzMayD:
Sadly I can't....

Only God can grin

Lol, dude just need to calm down and purchase an original brain ASAP cheesy cheesy
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
MackBrooklyn:

Lol, dude just need to calm down and purchase an original brain ASAP cheesy cheesy
if not new, fairly used it manageablegrin grin
Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 24, 2016
Benita27:
You handled him very well.
I think his brain I now in default settings. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's Why Your Relationship Shouldn't Be On Social Media by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 24, 2016
MzMayD:
I think his brain I now in default settings. grin
Of course...that one is a lost soul on nairaland.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Groom Can't Wait For The Wedding Night To Come / 5 Strange Reasons Some Men Want A Full House Wife - Bamisepeter's Blog / Stop Dating Mentally Broke Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.