Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme (809619 Views)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Recruitment For FirstBank Graduate Trainee Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by mcpat(m): 9:44am On Jun 24, 2017
sorzy1:
Good morning guys, please I have a question for those who stay in Lagos, how many minutes will it take me to get to the venue of the AC if am coming from Apapa?

That depends on different factors but apapa is very close to the venue
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Mush: 10:07am On Jun 24, 2017
sorzy1:
Good morning guys, please I have a question for those who stay in Lagos, how many minutes will it take me to get to the venue of the AC if am coming from Apapa?
Its not far may be 30minutes max but anyhow just leave 2hours or 1hr b4 ur scheduled time.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Mush: 10:07am On Jun 24, 2017
sorzy1:
Its not far may be 30minutes max but anyhow just leave 1hr b4 ur scheduled time.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sorzy1(m): 10:14am On Jun 24, 2017
Mush:

Its not far may be 30minutes max but anyhow just leave 1hr b4 ur scheduled time.
thank you sir.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sorzy1(m): 10:15am On Jun 24, 2017
mcpat:

That depends on different factors but apapa is very close to the venue
thank you sir.
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Mush: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2017
andergirl:
Jarushub is a good platform for preparation for this accessment center,for you guys having yours next week,u could try them on Thursday prior to your date,their coaching helped me today in my assessment center.
What part of the exercise would you say gave you a little concern or headache?
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nchabuomo: 11:09am On Jun 24, 2017
And please drop the idea on leading your group, don't go and make a fool of yourself with an over sabi that would be trying to lead, at the end it begins to seem as two or three people are dragging it. Just try and contribute to the discussions and practice your slide creation for personal presentation.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 24, 2017
please, as regards the group discussion, what kind of topics are discussed and do they give materials concerning the topics before the discussion starts?
tnx in anticipation
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dyduds(m): 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2017
Just for practice. Can we solve this?

Suppose you are working for the internal Strategic Group of HSBC Holdings plc (LSE: HSBA, NYSE: HBC), a global banking and financial services company headquartered in Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom. The bank has around 7,500 offices in 87 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America and around 100 million customers. As of June 2010, it had total assets of $2.418 trillion.

Recently, HSBC Bank is facing a increasing number of problems with the quality of its customer service. Its customers are complaining about long waits on the phone, being transferred to multiple branches, separate accounts requiring multiple calls, etc. The customer service function is currently performed at each individual branch. The questions to you: How can HSBC Bank’s customer service be improved? What strategic plan would you recommend?

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dhameelolar(m): 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
dyduds:

Suppose you are working for the internal Strategic Group of HSBC Holdings plc (LSE: HSBA, NYSE: HBC), a global banking and financial services company headquartered in Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom. The bank has around 7,500 offices in 87 countries and territories across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and South America and around 100 million customers. As of June 2010, it had total assets of $2.418 trillion.

Recently, HSBC Bank is facing a increasing number of problems with the quality of its customer service. Its customers are complaining about long waits on the phone, being transferred to multiple branches, separate accounts requiring multiple calls, etc. The customer service function is currently performed at each individual branch. The questions to you: How can HSBC Bank’s customer service be improved? What strategic plan would you recommend?

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dhameelolar(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
If so many customers complain about customer service regularly, how about they set up a FAQ section on their website, that should reduce the heavy traffic experienced by the customer service, generally most customers tend to have similar issues , this should reduce the heavy traffic experienced by the customer service unit that leads to delay.
After this has been adopted, a next step would be to centralize the customer service unit, they wouldn't generally have much to do with the work load reduction , try and train them to identify what sort of issues possibly exist that are beyond the scope of FAQ.

9 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by adelawry(m): 12:51pm On Jun 24, 2017
jmanity:
I saw from Google maps that the venue is close to costain bus stop. For those that knows Lagos well please I hope am correct?
it's a walkable distance
Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by athorello(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2017
dyduds:

It is key to provide quality customer service and ensure that issues are resolved immediately for improved customer satisfaction. If not the reputation and consequently economic turn over of the organization will be at stake.

So to improve on the current situation, I will suggest the following.

Set up a Global dedicated customer service with multiple access channels/helplines (telephone, email, SMS).

Dedicated website with FAQs and DIY instructions to help resolve minor issues.

Linking individual branches such that complaints can be logged at any branch and can be easily transferred to the affected branch or easily escalated if need be.

Reevaluate and update the existing system, improving the necessary aspects, recruitment and continuous training of dedicated staff.

A survey should also be conducted to ascertain the job satisfaction level of all customer service personnel at individual branches and how to improve on that.

12 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Gaxx01(m): 2:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
dyduds:

In addition to the brilliant contributions to my colleagues above, I'll also suggest that since the customer ratio to the bank's customer care team is unbalanced, there is the need for the bank to outsource itz customer care service to a customer service agency. This will greatly reduce the burden of customer service satisfaction on the bank allowing them to develop new strategies in satisfying other needs of the customers.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Jesusdaughter1: 3:17pm On Jun 24, 2017
i don't completely agree with you on this. Customer service or satisfaction is directly linked to the products or services the bank is offering....so outsourcing it in this context cannot solve the problem
Gaxx01:

In addition to the brilliant contributions to my colleagues above, I'll also suggest that since the customer ratio to the bank's customer care team is unbalanced, there is the need for the bank to outsource itz customer care service to a customer service agency. This will greatly reduce the burden of customer service satisfaction on the bank allowing them to develop new strategies in satisfying other needs of the customers.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dyduds(m): 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2017
Gaxx01:

Jesusdaughter has some point, but while I don't agree that outsourcing will not solve the problem, I believe its not the best solution, it might deprive the bank from some insights that can only be drawn from close customer information observation. Also outsourcing might not be both cost effective and sustainable.

4 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dyduds(m): 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
Okay guys great reasoning so far. I wish there was an answer from where I got the question.

Here is another case to crack!

The client First Gulf Bank (FGB, ADX: FGB) is a large retail bank headquartered in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the Middle East. The bank provides financial services across the UAE, with a wide distribution network of branches in different business & industrial areas such as Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, and Al Ain. Within the UAE, it is also often known by its Arabic name Bank Al Khaleej Al Awal.

Even though banking and financial services industry has the fastest growing rate in the Middle East region, the client First Gulf Bank is losing market share. Its technology and service levels are just as good as any of its foreign competitors. The CEO of FGB wants to know why this is happening and what could be done to reverse the trend of his bank’s declining market share. You have been hired as a consultant to advise him. What would you do? What recommendations would you give to the CEO of FGB?

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Gaxx01(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
dyduds:

Jesusdaughter has some point, but while I don't agree that outsourcing will not solve the problem, I believe its not the best solution, it might deprive the bank from some insights that can only be drawn from close customer information observation. Also outsourcing might not be both cost effective and sustainable.

I totally agree, lol normally in AC I dare not spit this sha, cos we all know banks are service companies, there's no need operating if the bank can't satisfy the customers.

Just thought of bringing something totally outside the box, thanks for ur comments... let's work on d next

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by eagledan: 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
To improve the market share. The company should do the following
1. There should be market segmentation. The financial services should be concentrated on the category of people who wants the service.
2. Incentives should be provided to customers like promotions,after sales service etc
3. There should be mass awareness programs using the mass media

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by eagledan: 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
To improve the market share. The company should do the following
1. There should be market segmentation. The financial services should be concentrated on the category of people who wants the service.
2. Incentives should be provided to customers like promotions,after sales service etc
3. There should be mass awareness programs using the mass media

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Brymo: 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2017
I love what's happening now, let's share ideas.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Brymo: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
dyduds:
Okay guys great reasoning so far. I wish there was an answer from where I got the question.

The client First Gulf Bank (FGB, ADX: FGB) is a large retail bank headquartered in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the Middle East. The bank provides financial services across the UAE, with a wide distribution network of branches in different business & industrial areas such as Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, and Al Ain. Within the UAE, it is also often known by its Arabic name Bank Al Khaleej Al Awal.

Even though banking and financial services industry has the fastest growing rate in the Middle East region, the client First Gulf Bank is losing market share. Its technology and service levels are just as good as any of its foreign competitors. The CEO of FGB wants to know why this is happening and what could be done to reverse the trend of his bank’s declining market share. You have been hired as a consultant to advise him. What would you do? What recommendations would you give to the CEO of FGB?
Acquire a competitor.By doing so, FGB accomplishes two things. It taps into the newly acquired firm's existing customer base, and it reduces the number of firms fighting for a slice of the same pie by one.
Secondly, FGB should offer Premier Services.
Premier services are designed to attract high net worth bank clientele. High net worth clients often have different needs as well as expectations. By offering a select set of private bankers to personally handle all transactions and account reviews, client trust increases. Service is often better with private bankers able to focus on finding the best solutions to fit complete financial scenarios.
Thirdly, FGB should revamp her products and services offering, like Access Bank of Nigeria, with financial ground breaking initiatives lk the PRIMUS and their digital banking plaform, in the words of their CEO, Mr H. Wigwe; "We grew and maintained a robust balance sheet, while prudently managing asset quality. Furthermore, we created a digital bank that reinforced the bank’s leadership position and enabled market share growth in the retail space,”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dhameelolar(m): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
I don't think the scenario offers enough information with regards what areas the bank is going wrong in, rather points that would be discussed are rather generic and not necessarily peculiar to the gulf bank.
The middle east region has predominantly been dominated with the Islamic bank system which instead of the traditional profit attainment it offers an equal opportunity for both parties to gain without one party making excessive profits over the other. Gulf bank should consider reiterating this into their marketing strategy as one of the few banks that adopt this method, this should reiterate customer's loyalty with the bank and further attract new customers.
The UAE region is rather much more technologically advance than Nigeria so I wouldn't suggest new internet platforms , rather a survey should be conducted as to why their current customers aren't currently happy with the bank , word of mouth from one individual weighs much more than huge advert placements , such can be said is the case of the technology giant Apple in its early era.
Also, a merger or an acquisition could be considered but proper due diligence be conducted, as well as cultural differences be considered so as not to make them worse off than they were.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dyduds(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2017
Mehn we've got thinkers here o.

However, the question does not provide all the information.

Market share could mean %of industry revenue or %of customer. Knowing which one we are dealing with will take us to the next stage.

Then we should observe the question compared the what market share should be to service and technology being equal to " foreign competitors" this gives an hint that Foreign competitors are the major threats to FGB.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by dyduds(m): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
dyduds:
Mehn we've got thinkers here o.

However, the question does not provide all the information.

Market share could mean %of industry revenue or %of customer. Knowing which one we are dealing with will take us to the next stage.

Then we should observe the question compared the what market share should be to service and technology being equal to " foreign competitors" this gives an hint that Foreign competitors are the major threats to FGB.

It is tempting to also think FGB might not be strategically located but the case also invalidates that with "with a wide distribution network of branches in different business & industrial areas such as Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, and Al Ain."

FGB needsneeds to study her foreign competitors. A simple but comprehensive SWOT analysis will do. Then take advantage of their weakness. FGB can employ better marketing strategies from the analysis as well . An example is a "comparative advertisement" which simply indicates how they can deliver better in areas where the competitors have been found weak according to the earlier study.

one must note that market share management is not a one time activity and therefore needs to be consistent and improved upon.

FGB can also evaluate her brand's valuability with a customer or research and improve on it if found lagging.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by ChinCho: 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2017
We have a lot of brilliant minds in here, my 2 cents:

A root cause analysis will require you do a survey on the vast growing markets evolving needs and then tailor products that would cater to their desired market (s).

Secondly there will be need to agressivly market these products.

Lastly the core of a business will have to be customer focus there is need to review the level of service provided to existent customers to ensure it is of utmost quality and provided quickly.

Thereby fishing new customers and retaining old ones.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Mush: 9:32pm On Jun 24, 2017
dyduds:

Its an indigenous bank loosing market share to its international competitors.
1.The banks retail strategy needs to be evaluated, and a look into what retails strategy its leading competitors are adopting so as to get a cue from there. In other words, do what the competition is doing.
2.Since its technology and service are top notch, the banks product offerings should also be looked into,
A. What are the highest performing products
B. What are the least performing products
C. What products are the competition offering that FGB isn't.
3.A customer survey should be Carried out through all the banks channels to ascertain the level of customer satisfaction and needs and area of improvements for the customers. This should be the very 1st like of action.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sallysalsa09: 8:47am On Jun 25, 2017
Jesusdaughter1:
i don't completely agree with you on this. Customer service or satisfaction is directly linked to the products or services the bank is offering....so outsourcing it in this context cannot solve the problem
yes you read my mind outsourcing is a cost cutting strategy.fot a better customer service delivery they need to look inwards to their product design and service delivery

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by jpmoriarti(m): 8:52am On Jun 25, 2017
sallysalsa09:

yes you read my mind outsourcing is a cost cutting strategy.fot a better customer service delivery they need to look inwards to their product design and service delivery
please can you kindly explain how outsourcing is a cost cutting strategy?

1 Like

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sallysalsa09: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2017
most organisation seek outsourcing as a solution when they wanna drive up revenue and cut operating cost.its like getting the same service for less the amount.they get to save money from putsourcing and also they dont have to worry about the management of such sections whilst they focus on other business areas. when cuastomers are not satisfied the business should look at its service delivery level,its product design and most especially its staff[ training and retraining of its staff on things like better time management and on the product and service] i agree with a site dedicated to FAQS and instead of customer waiting long on queues the IVR menu should be designed in way to reflect customers frequently asked enqiuires so they can resolve even without speaking to anyone. create a way for customers to give feedback on their transactions and interactions.
jpmoriarti:
please can you kindly explain how outsourcing is a cost cutting strategy?

3 Likes

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by Successto4(m): 3:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
sallysalsa09:
most organisation seek outsourcing as a solution when they wanna drive up revenue and cut operating cost.its like getting the same service for less the amount.they get to save money from putsourcing and also they dont have to worry about the management of such sections whilst they focus on other business areas. when cuastomers are not satisfied the business should look at its service delivery level,its product design and most especially its staff[ training and retraining of its staff on things like better time management and on the product and service] i agree with a site dedicated to FAQS and instead of customer waiting long on queues the IVR menu should be designed in way to reflect customers frequently asked enqiuires so they can resolve even without speaking to anyone. create a way for customers to give feedback on their transactions and interactions.

In my experience, when companies outsource, it is usually because it is cheaper and gets the job done, and not necessarily more efficient. Take for instance, American companies outsourcing their software projects to companies in India. The FAQ thing is a good suggestion. Their staff could also do one or more customer training course in order to improve in their customer service delivery. The customer is critical to the survival of businesses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme by sharplikenail: 12:38am On Jun 26, 2017
cloud9usher:

You are far too kind, thanks a lot. But please pardon my being a little bit confused here, is "Ezenwata" a park in Lagos or a transport company? And please give me a description of your route from the park you dropped at Lagos to how you arrived at Rex hotel at Orile, that would help a lot. I would be coming from Uyo. Thanks a lot.

Directions from Maza Maza bus stop to Rex Hote (43, Coker Road, Ojokoro)

http://lara.ng/?getdirections=54083

Walk To Maza Maza Bus stop

Take a Danfo
Heading Toward: MILE 2 Motor Park
Get Off at: MILE 2 Motor Park
Price: ₦50

Take a Danfo
Heading Toward: Ikeja Underbridge
Get Off at: Ikeja Underbridge
Price: ₦200 - 250

Take a Danfo
Heading Toward: Iju-Ishaga Bus stop
Get Off at: Lolo Bus stop
Price: ₦100 - 150

Walk To Your Destination

Total Estimate: ₦350 - 450

Estimated Travel Time: 1 hr 14 mins

Get all the public transport direction you need on Lara.ng

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (224) (Reply)

Recruitment Into Nigerian Prisons Service 2018 / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Federal Civil Service 2016 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.