Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam (19401 Views)

Photos Of Undertakings Signed By Naijagistlive Sisters, Remanded In Prison / Otedola Vs Naijagistlive: Kiran & Jyoti Matharoo Pictured At The Court Today / Babatunde Oyebode, Naijagistlive's Owner Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by mezynaija(m): 9:50pm On Oct 24, 2016
Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (Naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Attempts To Scam Femi Otedola

Operatives of the Special Fraud Unit (SFU) in Lagos have arrested a suspected fraudster, Babatunde Oyedepo, popularly known as Baudex on IG, for allegedly attempting to swindle businessman Femi Otedola.‎

The Nation reports that Oyedepo, 23, was alleged to have sent threat and blackmail messages to the complainants and other high profile Nigerians through a website, naijagistlive.com, demanding huge sums of money.

Oyedepo, a resident of Sixth Avenue in Festac Town, was alleged to have posted a superimposed nude pictures of a lawyer on his website, alleging that she had been sleeping with her boss and other clients. According to the police, the suspect demanded N3.5million from the lawyer to remove the inappropriate picture from the site, which the victim could not afford.

A police officer who spoke on condition of anonymity said “The victim had allegedly told the suspect that she has no such money in her account and that the picture posted on the website had cost her, her job, her marriage and her social life. The lawyer is among the three different persons who petitioned the suspect.” Spokesman for SFU, Lawal Audu said the suspect has three different cases pending before the unit, adding that the first two involved fraud and threat to life.

According to Audu, on October 19th, one Dapo Balogun reported a case of extortion, black mail and threat to life against the suspect.

“The complainant claimed that the suspect had posted on naijagistlife a story alleging that he had worked with former Petroleum Minister, Deziani Allison-Maduekwe and that throughout the period he had fraudulently acquired huge sum of money. The complainant also claimed to have received a mail from the suspect, informing him that he should pay an undisclosed amount running into millions to enable him remove the provocative story from the site.

He alleged that since then he had been receiving threat messages from unknown callers demanding huge sum or risk being being kidnapped. The second complainant is Femi Otedola. He claimed that the suspect posted an annoying story on the same website accusing him of sleeping with different girls in his office. The suspect has another fraud case pending at the Federal High court.”

The suspect however denied being responsible for the actions, insisting that he was framed by the owners of the website which he only designed. The school dropout who claimed to be a website designer, said that he was contacted through email to design the website.

He said: “I design websites for people and after designing the site I will include my contacts in the website to attract other customers. I was arrested through my contact on naijagistlive.com.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/10/blogger-babatunde-oyedepo-naijagistlive.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by mezynaija(m): 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by 9niceguy(m): 9:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
Maybe he go enter one of the other rooms for this o
Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by HtwoOw: 9:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
It's them

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by sammyrutherford(m): 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
na my estate dis guy dey stay o

3 Likes

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Sharon6(f): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2016
Ghen Ghen
Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:17am On Oct 25, 2016
Complete fool grin grin grin grin

Never try to scam or try to tarnish the Image of Otedola grin grin

You should have asked Faruk Lawan first

17 Likes

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 25, 2016
Are you telling me that with all the bear bear, this guy is juts 23. undecided

Bloogers should have this at the back of their minds.

Because you are allowed to say/do anything doesn't mean you are above the law. Once you get caught you will be sentenced to the "other room"

No, not that other room you are thinking. I mean the other room with iron bars and mosquitoes undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by May19th: 10:18am On Oct 25, 2016
HMMMMM
Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2016
fake blogger beware... this is a lesson to other

1 Like

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Yeyegist(f): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2016
I knew this will happen sooner or later. I follow this anonymous blogger on all his social media pages most especially twitter. He is fond of calling people out for either prostitution or scam of which he also have no proof. He even called out Hushpapi and requested a huge sum of money to sop blogging about him. So in all the face behind that anonymous blog is a 23 year old boy. Some people have spoilt the ethics and professionalism of blogging. I wish u well bro

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by infogenius(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2016
It is only God that will help him pull through if he is actually innocent.
Nigerians and money sha !
Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by obc: 10:21am On Oct 25, 2016
That means you have something to tell the SFU....You will be contacted. Thank you.
sammyrutherford:
na my estate dis guy dey stay o

9 Likes

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by ifyalways(f): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2016
Linda ikeji wannabes. cheesy

Kirikiri Island mansion beckons.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2016
Nigeria is now full of terrible people who have no ethics nor discipline hiding under the guise of being bloggers. They run others down on the internet with the sole aim of tarnishing their image or blackmailing them. From my investigations, the old and established bloggers are not exempted here too, they are still doing it or have done it in the past. I learnt a particular bloggers, one Stella Dimoko is in the habit of doing this with the sole aim of exhorting money from innocent guys and defrauding them. From Lanre Nzeribe to AY Makun, JJ omojuwa to Folawiyo jnr, etc have all fallen her victim. I read recently on one site how she was totally exposed on the internet too, see it here:

https://blogreportersng.

Whether this is true or not, I do not know, all I know is that we have bad people now pretending as bloggers. From my many interaction with people, Stella Dimoko is quite a pretender who live a double life, May God save us from evil people, Amen
For this guy above, I pray if he is not involved in this allegations, may God help him to be free, Amen

4 Likes

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by sirOrubebe: 10:22am On Oct 25, 2016
ifyalways:
Linda ikeji wannabes. cheesy
Kirikiri Island mansion beckons.
Lol. Took the words outta my fingers.

Every blogger must buy mansion in Cucumber Island. Either by hook or crook.

3 Likes

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:22am On Oct 25, 2016
His monkey may not return from the market forever...so sad
Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by SAMBARRY: 10:24am On Oct 25, 2016
grin grin grin

Everyone Sha dey find means to gather Xmas money to flex grin

No wonder I was passing By one of the most popular and notorious electronic market in Lagos and the traders placed security dogs in each station grin

I just laughed in my mind because this days as people one make money By hook or by crook ,desperate times call for desperate measures grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by edimahgurl(f): 10:25am On Oct 25, 2016
Hahahaha u wee alwas knw a thief wen u see 'em...see his face like rotten papaya undecided undecided wink

DON'T QUOTE ME tonguetongue

1 Like

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by chyk1(m): 10:26am On Oct 25, 2016
[s][/s] ;DFestac boys again....dem n scam be lyk 5 n 6 ;DFestac boys again....dem n scam be lyk 5 n 6

1 Like

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 25, 2016
Oyedepo and Otedola sef shocked
The school dropout shocked

1 Like

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by bumi10(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2016
Is this what blogging have degenerated to ?

pathetic

1 Like

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 25, 2016
I no tell una, na them again...Jagede Shokoya people.

See him big head like an Igbo/Niger Delta man...weird and rare since yorubaa men don't have big heads due to low testosterone. I'm sure if he wasn't nabbed with his IDs, he would have claimed his name was Ugochukwu Chukwumerije. and people will believe him because he resemble Igbo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Evergreen4(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2016
The guy wants to move from Festac to Banana island. But right now he will move to kirikiri island

3 Likes

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 25, 2016
I would be lying if I say that blog(NGL) hasnt influenced my view somewhat about women. I knew something would be fishy when they went balls deep on the Otedola family and then suddenly deleted the post.

1 Like

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by godwinkessi: 10:29am On Oct 25, 2016
I thought it's only igbos tht have flat head. This one I'm seeing now has a very flat head. So Yorubas how come? I've seen many flat headed Yorubas too in ogun state.

3 Likes

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by Dandsome: 10:32am On Oct 25, 2016
Okay chill. Yorubas don't engage in such activities. According to the afonjas

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by wildchild1: 10:35am On Oct 25, 2016
Scammer

Check my signature
Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by ezechueze(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2016
Cup don full

1 Like

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by solid3(m): 10:36am On Oct 25, 2016
The guy may be innocent if what he said is true. He would only be left off the hook it he's able to give correct info about those he designed the websites for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blogger Babatunde Oyedepo (naijagistlive) Arrested By Lagos Police Over Scam by GoodSide: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2016
o boy.
your head don get xmas price.
now you gonna make your family pay the fee.

bail.....3m

na kirikiri for life.

see wetin recession don cause.
you get mind sha..
dey threaten femi otedola.

for your mind now you be legit.
apako.

dis guy go be like 27years.
bybd time dss,sss,sars,and efcc drill you.
na dia u go no say men linda ikeji no be blogger.

men fhuck off.
you disgust me

fake ass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Attacked By Fulani Herdsmen In Bilachi, Adamawa (Graphic Photos) / Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. / 16-Year-Old Houseboy Arrested For Killing His Boss In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.