Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing (48279 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Gave Birth To A Strange Looking Baby - Very Graphic Photos / Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by becomrich15: 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2009
I did not say, my grandfather was arab, he was not arab, he had no arab blood, it may be white gene. some white people then living in nigeria had black wife. Even in the 70 's you found so many molato or mix blood nigerian, it is not common now . Only northerner have arab blood in them. President Yar adua and his wife has arab blood in him. fulani people have arab blood.

But there were many nigerian with mix blood from britian. And thier offspring would now look pure black. The next generation would not know they have white gene. may be the same with my story. I do not know. in my son case, i think it was a recessive gene.

You are wrong, somalian , if what you are thinking about , somalian are mix blood from arabs, so are fulani, fulanis have mix blood with the arab. even some ethiope have arab blood, sudan and others.

my son case , did not look like lightening of skin, I just do not want to post picture, i even issue at that time, it was skin problem. you need to his picture when he was young, if i post it, you would see why. i just dont want to. it was beyoud lightening of skin. it was abnormal

What i am trying to say, is my grandfather from my mother side could have been a descendant of a molato or mix blood. Many nigerian are, when some krio moved back to nigeria, and some white were married to nigerian when britain was in nigerian. Their offspring now, would look black.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by becomrich15: 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2009
why do you people edit post on nairaland, do you work for the nigeria govt.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by becomrich15: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2009
yoruba with mix blood are mostly from white britain or portuguese. so my grand father , may have had one of the following gene.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 3:35pm On Oct 28, 2009
becomrich,:

I did not say, my grandfather was arab, he was not arab, he had no arab blood, it may be white gene. some white people then living in nigeria had black wife. Even in the 70 's you found so many molato or mix blood nigerian, it is not common now . Only northerner have arab blood in them. President Yar adua and his wife has arab blood in him. fulani people have arab blood.

But there were many nigerian with mix blood from britian. And thier offspring would now look pure black. The next generation would not know they have white gene. may be the same with my story. I do not know. in my son case, i think it was a recessive gene.

It is not uncommon that europeans injected their gene pool into Nigerians. However the rate at which they did is insignificantly small and is not  the reason for light skin in Africans. Thats the point.

If you truly wnat to know it s very easy. Take a DNA analysis test. Very cheap to do nowadays. Tell themto analyze it and then come back and make the statment you did with conviction instead of speculating.

Fulani have a 7% chance of having Berber not Arab blood in their DNA make up.

7% means out of 100 fulani only 7  of them are likely to carry North African ancestry. It is too insignificant to call these people mixed. Understand!

Fulani are much closer to an Idoma person that they are to an Arab or a North African.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2009
morpheus24:

Th article says the Boers may have African ancestry. Khoi or San at very low percentages. If that is the case with these two parents then it is possible.

Paternal or maternal lineage may play a part in this so it is possible. However the DNA samples of all three involved need to be fully analysized.

I'd rather go with the common sense assumption the woman has direct black heritage. And not some fancy schmancy story.

Produce other examples (especially from the US) of a white caucasian couple giving birth to a black negro child, and I might consider the possibility.

heck, produce an example from Brazil sef.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2009
becomrich,:

yoruba with mix blood are mostly from white britain or portuguese. so my grand father , may have had one of the following gene.

Go and take a DNA test.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by becomrich15: 3:47pm On Oct 28, 2009
It is not uncommon that europeans injected their gene pool into Nigerians.

Where did you get that nonsense. they did.   look at google earth, this portion of lagos in red, mostly was white in lagos. it is about the size of mississauga the second largest city in ontario. after toronto.

It is larger then the size of city of baltimore maryland in the USA.
99% of the resident were white.  when till todays had the largest number of white people living in nigeria.

Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2009
becomrich,:

Where did you get that nonsense. they did. look at google earth, this portion of lagos in red, mostly was white in lagos. it is about the size of mississauga the second largest city in ontario. after toronto.

It is larger then the size of city of baltimore maryland in the USA.
99% of the resident where white. when till todays had the largest number of white people living in nigeria.

I often wonder sometimes if you don't hve some mental issues. What is it with you and satellite images, Please read my comment again. It said it is not "uncommon" that europeans had intercourse with Africans during their occupation.

SSSSH!!!
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by complove: 5:35pm On Oct 28, 2009
morpheus24 so u think every oyibo are gay people
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by becomrich15: 6:17pm On Oct 28, 2009
I did a DNA test. I have not said he was white. I am saying may be in had white gene, the way the boy came out. even till today, if i post his pictures and you see mine. you would know what i am talking about. even when i came to nigeria. a lady pediatrician with LUTH was so curious to know if i had any white person in my family because of my son.

I am not saying my grandfather was white, what are talking about is Recessive gene. Some of you would be shock to discover, you are not total 100% black.

You morpheus24 may have a white gene in you. How do you know you dont.

Look at this picture, is that not a white man. His name was Dwight D. Eisenhower , he was president of the USA. but his mother was a black woman. So technically Obama is not the first black president of the USA with black gene. There have been 6 USA president with black gene.

Read the book "The Six Black Presidents Black Blood: White Masks"   Dr. Bakhufu's 1993

second is President Andrew Jackson , his father is believe to be a black man.

[img]http://darkentriesdjd.files./2009/07/andrew-jackson.jpg[/img]

look at this children,  One is black and the other is white.  But do you know they are twin from the same parent. same mother and father.

I know you people in Nigeria can understand. you can see a white person, and the mother or father is black. Come over here and see.

He is black too. one of his parent is black, but he looks white.

She is black

Look at that girl, she look white but her real mother is black.

[img]http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/view/mb/file?username=mulatto&id=559265[/img]

His father is black , but he looks white

This Girl is black but look white.

Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2009
^ technically all the people you posted pictures have less "black"/African ancestry than you and me but have black ancestry in them. If you look closer you will realize that the last 5 pics have one parent that is intermediary btw black and white and therefore are able to pass on more european genes to their offspring depending on who their spouses are.

Kappish.

Ps if you have done a DNA test. I would very much like for you to post the findings if you can.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by adconline(m): 5:40am On Oct 29, 2009
This has been turned into a movie called SKIN
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by becomrich15: 8:58am On Nov 03, 2009
morpheus24 ,  only God determine part of your gene that comes up. obama could have been white too. Look below is the picture of obama if his black gene was Recessive gene. And the first picture is of my son. compare his skin to obama mother to the right, that little child he is carying is obama. and see  how africa children look like. and compare to mine. Recessive gene can show up when they like.

first picture is my son, dress up in africa cloth. i told you i did a DNA test.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by citizenY(m): 9:05am On Nov 03, 2009
@Becommrich

God don catch you today.

We don see ya picture and your family too.

I always suspected that you were fake.

Google map don begin finish, na ya family album you go begin display grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by becomrich15: 9:20am On Nov 03, 2009
you see why i quickly remove it.

what fake, i am black and my son have Recessive white gene. what fake about that.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by citizenY(m): 9:24am On Nov 03, 2009
You , in your various colours/split personaliy/ names and aliases and everything you present .

IF YOU ARE NOT FAKE, PUT THOSE PICTURES BACK AND BE A MAN NOT SOMEBODY FROM GOOGLE MAPS
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 2:15pm On Nov 03, 2009
becomrich,:

morpheus24 , only God determine part of your gene that comes up. obama could have been white too. Look below is the picture of obama if his black gene was Recessive gene. And the first picture is of my son. compare his skin to obama mother to the right, that little child he is carying is obama. and see how africa children look like. and compare to mine. Recessive gene can show up when they like.

first picture is my son, dress up in africa cloth. i told you i did a DNA test.

Damn! I didn't see the pic

Can you post it again. Since you say you took a DNA test can I have the results. I probably have an explanation for your sons phenotype based on it

Don't be afriad of these other mofo's
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by MrCrackles(m): 2:16pm On Nov 03, 2009
Topic
Praise the Lord cool
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by Sine1: 4:07pm On Nov 03, 2009
this's some ol' bullsh*t. white + white can never = black, even add white crayon with white poster colour na white u go get
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by toshmann(m): 10:50pm On Nov 03, 2009
dude make una chill, that woman na black woman. her ''parents'' white? i hear you grin . . . .

go to her mama's grave and ask her some hard questions grin
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 10:31pm On Nov 18, 2009
toshmann:

dude make una chill, that woman na black woman. her ''parents'' white? i hear you grin . . . .

go to her mama's grave and ask her some hard questions grin

What you don't realize is that they have done tests on the girl to prove she is the offspring of both parents which only leaves the possiblitiy that both parents carry recent African black genes.

Here is a trailer of the movie of this lady about to be released shortly its called skins. They are yet to release it here in the states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnIGr1_---g&feature=related
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by Nobody: 2:11am On Nov 19, 2009
the test on the father wasnt 100% conclusive and in any case, test results can be fudged.

If they didnt use a sperm donor then someone was out to get them or teach them a lesson.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2009
tpia.:

the test on the father wasnt 100% conclusive and in any case, test results can be fudged.

If they didnt use a sperm donor then someone was out to get them or teach them a lesson.

Sperm Donor in the 1950's?

I don't know if they have done any recent DNA tests on Ms laing and compared results to her parents or living sibling.

This would probably resolve the issue once and for all. The mother is definitely hers. If the father is not then how come they had a second child who if you look carefully is only a couple of shades lighter than his sister and is not necessarily a 'White' baby but classified as such under the old Apatheid rule.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
morpheus24:

Sperm Donor in the 1950's?

I don't know if they have done any recent DNA tests on Ms laing and compared results to her parents or living sibling.

This would probably resolve the issue once and for all. The mother is definitely hers. If the father is not then how come they had a second child who if you look carefully is only a couple of shades lighter than his sister and is not necessarily a 'White' baby but classified as such under the old Apatheid rule.

they should check the people around them or at the hospital. Anyone who knows what really happened is probably dead by now.

If this is the only such instance in the entire world of a white couple producing an obviously black child then the odds are stacked against them I'm afraid.

sperm donor as in the biological father or yes, just the sperm.

The first recorded sperm donation that took place on a medical center was carried out with few of the ethical considerations that are mandated in clinics today: It was performed in 1884 at Philadelphia medical school for an infertile couple. Instead of taking the sperm from the husband, the doctor chloroformed the woman, then let his medical students vote which one of among them was "best looking", with that elected one providing the sperm for the insemination. After talking to the husband, they decided it was best not to let the woman know

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sperm_donation#cite_note-49

and artificial insemination has been around for a while. Its well known to western farmers.

http://www.life123.com/parenting/pregnancy/infertility/the-history-of-human-artificial-insemination.shtml
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by ebeledi(m): 8:24pm On Jun 27, 2010
most nigerians are very pure people. very little mix.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 26, 2011
Two whites cannot produce black children, EVER. That white woman slept with a black man and produced three children. Her dunce of a husband has some nerve being prejudiced being that dumb.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 3:11pm On Jan 26, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Two whites cannot produce black children, EVER. That white woman slept with a black man and produced three children. Her dunce of a husband has some nerve being prejudiced being that dumb.

I suppose you are a genecistis huh?
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by savanaha: 5:58pm On Jan 27, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Actually there is an instance of a black couple in England who had two white children at different times. DNA tests proved that both parents were genetically related 100% to the children. If that can happen then for sure the reverse can also be true. A blood test was done in the 70s that prove that this girl had a white father.

Here is another story:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3060907/Black-parents-give-birth-to-white-baby.html
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by Miriam50: 4:16am On Feb 13, 2011
People are ignorant like no body's business!!!!!!! DAMN! Any race that thinks they are pure are only fooling themselves. Because the true story is in the Bible. If you ever read the book "EVE". You will know the truth. We all come from mother Eve and she was (black)African. In the Bible it tells us that all of us are a mixed breed of a lot of different races.Throughout history and all over the world every known race has had mixed marriages with all other "forbidden" races. FOOLS all. There is no such thing as a pure race. Blacks are more closely related to whites than any other race. I don't know what their biggest shock is? Read your history,darlings. Read and educate yourselves. Humans are the dumbest things on this planet.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by morpheus24: 3:22pm On Feb 14, 2011
Miriam50:

People are ignorant like no body's business!!!!!!! DAMN! Any race that thinks they are pure are only fooling themselves. Because the true story is in the Bible. If you ever read the book "EVE". You will know the truth. We all come from mother Eve and she was (black)African. In the Bible it tells us that all of us are a mixed breed of a lot of different races.Throughout history and all over the world every known race has had mixed marriages with all other "forbidden" races. FOOLS all. There is no such thing as a pure race. Blacks are more closely related to whites than any other race. I don't know what their biggest shock is? Read your history,darlings. Read and educate yourselves. Humans are the dumbest things on this planet.

And the bible revealed all this to you.

And you call us ignorant.
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by leafwolf: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2011
ok make for a great story but here are the facts
No "dna" test was done. it was a blood test and that can only rule out parentage not prove. There is no way to tell a person's race from a blood typing test.
two dark skinned people can have a light skin child but 2 light skinned cannot have a dark skinned child. Just like 2 brown eyed people can have a blue eyed child but 2 blue eyed people cannot give birth to a brown eyed child it is not genetically possible. the dark eyed gene and the dark skin genes are dominant. Just like 2 brown haired people can have a blond child, two blond people cannot have a brown-haired child. (I'm talking really blond people). And I have seen the picsof the parents they were white white and the child was black. Her father genetically had to be of black descent on at least one side of the family.
While it makes for a nice story / movie it just can't be true. I think he was just a well kept secret/lie because of the huge stigma it would carry if it was found out that her momma had cheated on her daddy with a black man especially because of the time and place it occurred and I think her "claimed' father wanted to believe it more than believing or admitting that he had been cuckolded by a black man.
you guys cn continue to argue the facts if you want but you ae kicking a dead horse. genetically dark genes are dominant, curly hair is dominant. so where a brown eed person could crry a brown and blue gene you wouldn't see the blue one because it is recessive etc. etc. so don't be stupid ok?
Re: South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing by leafwolf: 10:19am On Aug 20, 2011
As I said below 2 blacks can ahve a wite or lighter skinned child but genetics does not work the other way dark genes are dominant. Even the geneticist said that  both would need to have white ancestry in their past, BOTH! so the baby got a recessive gene from each parent and there fore had no dark domnant gene to dominate it. but the "skin" movie story the little girls father was black or mixed not the man who claimed to be hr father. I'm sorry but genetics just doesn't work that way,
I'm sorry i tht this would sho up as a reply in the sun story post. this is in reference to the black parents who had a white baby.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin Boasts He Can Hit Enemies With An Unpreventable Strike(pics) / Kenneth Kaunda Dies Aged 97 / Wedding Gift Explodes In India, Groom Dies, Groom's Grandma Dies, Bride Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.