Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,117 members, 7,957,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:31 AM

It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole (10476 Views)

IPOB Members Storm UN Office To Protest Against Buhari. Photos/video / Jonathan In Gbamaturu For Presentation Of Staff Of Office To HRM Oboro-Gbaraun / 5 Things Oshiomhole Did Before Handing Over To Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by ajoskele(m): 10:02am On Oct 26, 2016
kedeojo:
don't mind those children of hate, its relevance will receive another high after his tenure cos he will be the new minister of petroleum which Baba itself his holding now and because that is the organ of the economy he put be put to a no nonsense person who will preside that important ministry for uplift of the citizen by not the careless looting of one of our sister who was in the saddle recently.
lol..

But I do not think Oshiomole would take such position. He is more loyal to Tinubu than Buhari.
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by Ubenedictus(m): 10:26am On Oct 26, 2016
themosthigh:
It is a pity the sword of Othman Dan fodio did not touch and conquer the Benin kingdom but I am very sure that it would soon be a fief of sokoto because only through this meanss will the barbaric customs of the southerners be subjugated and peace spread across the federation.

oga are u ok?
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by Ubenedictus(m): 10:27am On Oct 26, 2016
martineinstein:
impotent govnor shud just shut up...he s trying by all means to get favour from oba
D governor already has the oba favour, he was friend to erediawa and now to ewuare.
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by Ubenedictus(m): 10:29am On Oct 26, 2016
ajoskele:
lol..

But I do not think Oshiomole would take such position. He is more loyal to Tinubu than Buhari.
No permanent friends in politics only permanent interest. i have heard d rumour b4, if it is true, i have no doubt that osho wil take it.
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by Ubenedictus(m): 10:32am On Oct 26, 2016
Lescalier:
You are an Edo man, but not a Bini Man.
DID HE SAY HE IS A BENIN MAN?
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by ajoskele(m): 10:32am On Oct 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
No permanent friends in politics only permanent interest. i have heard d rumour b4, if it is true, i have no doubt that osho wil take it.
We are observing.
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by Lescalier: 10:37am On Oct 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
DID HE SAY HE IS A BENIN MAN?

Did I tell you he said he's a Bini Man?

What is your business asking me a question only slow pokes will ask?
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by gebest: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2016
shey obaseki wan help am carry the stick of office ni?
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by AreaFada2: 10:53am On Oct 26, 2016
Lescalier:
You are an Edo man, but not a Bini Man.

Maybe not Benin but if you trace the origins of his people, you will find very close links with Benin. In fact many people from his area regard Oba Ozolua n'Ibaromi (Ozolua the Conqueror) who reigned 1483-514 as their father. Ozolua is even a common surname for that reason in his area.
His people made enormous contribution to fighting off Idah people/Jihadists from Edo North. Ozolua even temporarily moved his court to that area for a long time. Although a large number of them adopted Islam later but at least not on the pain of death or by force as Jihadists wanted.

Ozolua was so impressed that he proclaimed all freeborn Etsako people princes & princesses of the empire. An enormous privilege at the time, like eligibility for positions in the military command, chietaincy titles and so on. That proclamation was never repealed.

Chief Barrister Mike Ozekhome (SAN) from Etsako is a chief of Benin Kingdom. Maybe if you know a bit of history, you will know that Oba of Benin does not give chieftaincy titles to people without links to Benin Empire.
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by macof(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2016
thesicilian:

That Sultan of Sokoto is one of my most respected traditional rulers in this country, in short, the most respected after the Oba of Benin. Always easy going, hardly tribalistic and peace loving. I wish all Nigerian leaders were like him.

after the late oba Erediauwa you mean.
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by thesicilian: 11:51am On Oct 26, 2016
macof:

after the late oba Erediauwa you mean.
I guess so
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by thesicilian: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2016
Ubenedictus:
oga are u ok?
He obviously isn't OK. He also sounds like an attention seeking buffoon so maybe you should just ignore him next time...
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by macof(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
themosthigh:
It is a pity the sword of Othman Dan fodio did not touch and conquer the Benin kingdom but I am very sure that it would soon be a fief of sokoto because only through this meanss will the barbaric customs of the southerners be subjugated and peace spread across the federation.

grin grin grin grin grin sokoto that will soon fall to boko haram abi is it ISWA
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by jeff1607(m): 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2016
babdap:
Pastor Ize Iyamu is still crying over his election loss.

LET HIS GOD FIGHT FOR HIM,IF HE'S TRULY A PASTOR. INSTEAD OF FIGHTING ALL BY HIMSELF
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by neocortex: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
kidman96:

The last Military Governor of Edo State placed the former Oba of Benin on house Arrest for some weeks. He lost his mother, his wife and two children in one week.he died some years later in mysterious circumstances.
Do you know anything about coincidence ?
Re: It Was Great Honour Handing Staff Of Office To Oba — Oshiomhole by gregyboy(m): 6:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
funny how pple dont know history your usman danfo dio came to benin kingdom spreading islam through war before getting to benin he apporoach auchi north of edo e fought them and won installed islam as a religion offunately d ishans have not migrated then so thats y dey not muslim also so he rode wit is warriors to benin becus benin was a rain forest he couldnt use is horse frequently b4 e reached benin the benin armies in d forest saw dem wit horses and sword wit koran in his hand so dwy sent a message to the palace dat war has come to benin the iyasee took thousand of soilders to the place before getting dose armies were already and entered benin were the iyasee nd his soldiers fought him and dey surrendered and left nd i also heard some state wic are both muslim and Christian fought him and won also so dey later accept throgh bargain and trade wit other islamic state i pitty on dose who dnt knw benin history but yet criticized it we knw the Portuguese were missionaries but dey also spread Christianity through war also but wen dey came to benin dey saw a modernized city for the first time in west africa becus of the way kingdom was developed dey were afraid to engage a war wit dem instead dey beg nd bargain for the kingdom to accept Christianity wic dey refuse at first but later accepted nd came out d holy arousa in benin if the war might have occured and dey defeated benin then automatically b our coloniser cus we know dat the oba was in controll of almost all the state in nigeria den dey tried to also scare the British but their effort failed and it came iut to be a war

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wike Inaugurates International Tanker Park (Photos) / Southern Nigeria Is Far More Populated Than The North! / 2023: Buhari Didn’t Ask Emefiele To Resign — Presidency Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.