Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me (38426 Views)

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? / 29-Year-Old Mother Of 4 Dies After Abortion, Impregnated By 25-Year-Old Boyfrien / My 27yrs Old Fiancee Finally Left Me For Her Lesbian Lover. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by talk2aikay(m): 7:59pm On Oct 26, 2016
youngest85:
Person go deh worry hmsef coz of kpekus weh full everywhr.......

seriously

obviously this is not the matured advice our dear friend was looking for, just so you know; he is talking bout a soul mate not a fuckmate

4 Likes

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 26, 2016
EastGold:

You are not ready to get married.

I did my wedding 9 months after losing my job, I had nothing, I mean nothing, we had no honey moon, on Monday, I went outside to hustle, today we are fine
so you mean everyone should follow your lifestyle righ? Marrying poor and later hoping to get more? You are confused IS ONLY A FOOL THAT WILL GET MARRIED WHEN HE HAS NOTHING BECAUSE MARRIAGE IS NOT AN ACHIEVEMENT IT IS JUST A NECESSITY THAT IS NOT COMPULSORY..PLZ NEXT TIME STOP ADVISING PEOPLE TO MARRY WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE NOTHING BECAUSE MONEY WILL NOT FALL FROM HEAVEN BECAUSE YOU ARE MARRIED, AND MARRIAGE, DON'T GIVE ANYBODY MONEY.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Adebowale89(m): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
correct that, he wanted to change ur marital status

a guy/man that truly won't dump you for whatever reasons coz love is unconditional

you better let him do his worse, who know if his intention would bring a positive and special treatment to ur passionate trait
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by olushowunm(m): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
blackboot:
Please I Need Advice From Real Men And Sensible Ladies On This Issue

My girlfriend of 2 years is about to leave me. the signs are everywhere. i am not financially stable for now but i love her so much. my income is small(30k) a month and i am planning seriously to get a better job before settling down.

She is 29 and already worried because she has a very good paying job and a lot of pressure is coming for her to settle down. family and friends are worried why she is still single and alot of other guys have been coming for her. a read a chat with her and her friend on her phone one time and the friend was telling her to leave me for another rich dude.

She has been very patient with me but its like her patience is running out since she is getting close to 30. she said she is ready to marry me the way i am that we will manage our income together till i get a better job since her income is better. she also said some families dont even earn half of what she earns and they are fine, she said she cant wait for me anymore that she wants to settle down but am scared because i feel a man should have enough before settling down and i want to be a real man. should i go ahead and marry as she suggest since she has a good job or i should beg her to be patient till i find another job so i can be a better husband. i dont want to loose her, i believe she is my wife and i told her from the first day i met her. pls how can i handle the situation. matured advice please.
NB. we met during nysc and she was lucky to get a very good job before me
Oga, go marry and leave this cyberspace for us. One 30k salary will put food on the table. Do "Egbadura fun wa" kind of wedding and registry. You are good to go. To feed a family of 3... U just need about 25k per month. If Ur wife can come forth with half of that for now till u stabilize, then u r good to go.

3 Likes

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
Thanks. smiley

yusufogrin:

I just love you.....bitter truth
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 26, 2016
Yieldings:
You say you're not financially-stable and thus, not ready for marriage. That's your intuition speaking. Never ignore your intuition. She might be saying you will manage your income together when you get married, but that might change when you do get married and more financial responsibilities or obligations arise. Finances are always a huge cause of marital issues.

As a man, you should get married when you know you're ready, not when your girlfriend or anyone is pressuring you to marry her.

She says she can't wait for you anymore, then let her go.

I will advice the op to stick to this advice it is a very intelligent one..guy God bless you for this sound advice

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Youngzedd(m): 8:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
AZeD1:
I believe you should let her go. She's more interested in having "Mrs" attached to her name than truly being married.

If you're in her shoes, you for don fly Tey tey. She's heading to 30 years of age for pate's sake.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by freecocoa(f): 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Why wouldn't she dump you when you act and think like a 5 year old kid ??

If she wants to dump you, that's fine, did you two sign a contract that you must marry her ?? Married couple who were married for 40 years do get divorced and move on with their lives and you're here crying about a girl you don't even know her her parents

What are you gonna do about it ?? Go to your room, cry about it, eat some ice cream and watch cartoons

You are the reason why some women do this nonsense shiit to some men because you're soft and emotional

Why would a man be financially stable before he can marry ??

Why can women be financially stable and marry those financially unstable guys ??

Let me tell you the naked truth, she doesn't love you and this is how God wanted it to happen, you will remember about this incident in the next 20 years from now and just laugh

Stop crying like a little girl and man up

I pity any girl that would dump me or think that she broke my heart because i don't give a flying and running fucck

There are millions of good girls out there you can marry and avoid unnecessary trouble

Men can get any girl in the world

Beyonce married Jay Z
Nicki Minaj is dating Meek Mill
Nick Canon married Mariah Carey

You can marry any girl you want
@ Emboldened. Yet OP is the one behaving like a child. grin
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by lollmaolol(m): 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
. Later they will say love is not money.

Abey money is love..let's face the deal - reality
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by africanusvu(m): 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Ok.u need advice frm sensibke men eeh?find a way and sack her frm her job.she wil nw put more atention in lookng for job and les in mariag.simple.thank me 2mrw
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by galantjoe(m): 8:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
daewoorazer:
If you dare marry her and she starts feeding you.. While it must last for a while, it means

1. You are a pu. Ssy
2. She must use am abuse you someday
3. She can only do it for d tym being... She will get tired soon and perhaps start...... Fill. In. D. Gap

This is a voice from d street... #streetAdvice

hmmm. u have never jam nagging and troublesome wife. even if u re dangote. then why rich men also divorce their wife. is it money. the issue is not money per se but understanding and perseverance.

Op as for me i will get married to her asap. with 30k of yours and her pay you can save to start a business. but i will fail to tell to disregard some of her utterance, take it as challanges
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2016
olushowunm:
Oga, go marry and leave this cyberspace. One 30k salary will cater put food on the table. Do "Egbadura" fun wa kind of wedding and registry. You are good to go. To feed a family of 3... U just need about 25k per month. If Ur wife can come forth with half of that for now till u stabilized, then u r good to go.
you are talking as if marriage is by force or compulsory.I most tell u bro your advice is the most stupid advice I have read concerning this issue so far only a fool will take it.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Sanchez01: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Stop complaining...na you hol yourself. You don't need to make millions to get married.
kiss kiss kiss kiss

OP, beyond age, you should understand that the kind of lady you have is quite rare. Even with your income she's still insisting you work it out and add resources together but you're insisting because you want to get a better job. WHAT IF the job takes another two years to arrive He whines faithful in little deeds is faithful in all. I'm sure you didn't map out a 30k Job for yourself and didn't envision marrying with such income. However, it has happened, she's willing to support you in sustaining the family you'd put together and you have to consider in that direction. I'm sure she must have thought it through before proposing that.

We've at some point heard of a wealthy man who lost all after getting married, and we have also heard that of a man who had nothing but started seeing everything fall in place after he got married (TUNDE AND WUNMI OBE). Let her be your Wunmi Obe while you take a bold walk of faith.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2016
OP I think you should listen to her IF she is willing to adapt to you.

BTW Lots of people married when broke but things changed during marriage. My BIL was on a 25k monthly pay when he married my sister but today he earns almost 300k.

Please, she is a good woman for saying that. Stop allowing your ego and fears blind you.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by leveljames(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
Bro, my cousin sister got married to her man wen d guy has nothing, not even a gud job n both of dem are graduates. dey have one kid now n pregnant for d second child. so just think of it very well weda to leave her to marry a rich dude or better still, stick wit her forever since she admits she loves u and she wil manage wit u.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by waice6571: 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
You may end up more confused than you were before seeking advice from the multitude.

Kindly evaluate yourself, your environment and other possibilities then advice yourself.

Your problem is FEAR and nothing but FEAR.

Conquer your fear and move on with your life.

2 Likes

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by adeyak83(m): 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
Op better married now and look towards God to bless ur litte salary, just remain focused, determined and never loose hope, with urs & her prayer u wil get a better job that wil fit ur responsibility, NOTE: some men wil never be financially OK until they av spouse "call it superstition" i dnt care. mind u, what if u've married her and work in a bank with gud salary but get sacked, would u divorce her? CAPITAL NO (it wil nt happen to u) for instance Some left home for shop in d morning swept d floor sitting there without having appointment with anybody with hope of making sales for d day and they will. Do d needful BEFORE IS TOO LATE in Obasanjo's voice. God is ur strenght & power.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
brotherly , the best I can say is
Marriage is a two way thing
Marriage comes with blessings or curse
u might marry that lady now nd u will experience unmerited favour n breakthrough

or you marry nd get wrecked

it's left for ur faith nd communion with ur God to decide ur path

what I believe is ..... Man shall not have millions b4 u consider marriage
am a living witness

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by cococandy(f): 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
Na you hol yourself

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
blackboot:

My girlfriend of 2 years is about to leave me. the signs are everywhere. i am not financially stable for now but i love her so much. my income is small(30k) a month and i am planning seriously to get a better job before settling down.

She is 29 and already worried because she has a very good paying job and a lot of pressure is coming for her to settle down. family and friends are worried why she is still single and alot of other guys have been coming for her. a read a chat with her and her friend on her phone one time and the friend was telling her to leave me for another rich dude.

She has been very patient with me but its like her patience is running out since she is getting close to 30. she said she is ready to marry me the way i am that we will manage our income together till i get a better job since her income is better. she also said some families dont even earn half of what she earns and they are fine, she said she cant wait for me anymore that she wants to settle down but am scared because i feel a man should have enough before settling down and i want to be a real man. should i go ahead and marry as she suggest since she has a good job or i should beg her to be patient till i find another job so i can be a better husband. i dont want to loose her, i believe she is my wife and i told her from the first day i met her. pls how can i handle the situation. matured advice please.
Plz becareful bro there are alot of stupid advice pouring in right now use your intelligence and choose the right one to avoid regret. Don't allow anybody to force you into marriage when you are not ready.

2 Likes

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Olufunmi0806(m): 8:13pm On Oct 26, 2016
Egbon, if your income is not enough I'll advise you allow her go and wait for your own woman. My take home b4 wedding was just 10k per month, my wife to be then, was doing well in her trade. She promised to forget about my own 10k, that she was ready to take care of the home pending the time a better offer comes. She pressured me till I had my hand in marriage, though a week to my wedding I got another job for 45k. I must confess, even with that 45k I almost regret getting married. The truth is this, they are ready to endure any situation to achieve their aims, once they secure it, they are different creatures entirely. Dis is a true and even recent testimony. Take your stand bro and allow her to leave if she wishes. To be a responsible husband is not a mere play.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2016
olagbemi118:
It depends on hw much understanding is btw u two. From ur post up there, the lady seems to be so much in love with you but from wot I heard, love is blind & marriage is the eye opener. Don't be afraid to let her go if she can't wait...½ word is enough for the wise
This is shallow bro. Every woman wants to be a wife to her man. Nothing amiss in what the girl is asking.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by blackboot: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
maxwell60:
you are talking as if marriage is by force or compulsory.I most tell u bro your advice is the most stupid advice I have read concerning this issue so far only a fool will take it.

na wa oo
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by awakeuche(m): 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
blackboot:

. Guy use speed marry that bae, you dey fuckup o, these days ladies are beginning to earn more than their men, since most high paying jobs in Nigeria 4 men are almost always on contract..... The salary does not make the man bro, attitude does. If you always make a conscious effort to better your lot (hustle), treat her like a queen, treat her fuckups with maturity, always upping your bedroom skillz, she will treat you like her king.... Dont be surprised when she seeks your opinion on how to manage her own salary...

Majority of the men here dont even know their wives earn more than they do, especially engineers who are always at the mercy of contracts.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by max1234: 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2016
lofty900:
Truth is bitter bro but how long do you expect a 29 year old woman to wait. Forget about love, ur not ready to settle down. The lady is not getting any younger so allow her to move on while you get a new, younger girl that can wait until Jesus comes
... until Jesus come my brother.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by olureignforever: 8:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
omooba969:

RUGGED! grin

Na Man be that. Hope Op will learn from REAL MAN.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Blessedward: 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
MichaelSokoto:

I jez taya 4 d mofo!

male wheelbarrow pushers & pure water hawkers are gettin married, him dey wait to reach dangote status b4 tyin knot... smh 4 op
abeg bro help me reason am

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by moshould(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
Toto full everywhere, but wife scarce...
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by AZeD1(m): 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
Youngzedd:

If you're in her shoes, you for don fly Tey tey. She's heading to 30 years of age for pate's sake.

Is there a price for getting married before 30?
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by jabojafa(m): 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
blackboot:

if u are vry sure she is for u den go ahead n marry her. Remember God cnt lie "he who finds a wife has found goodtin n obtaineth favor of d Lord. Marriage dt is founded on God brings favor. U dnt need to b a billionare to be a good/real man, it is nt determines by d size of ur pocket but d largeness of ur hrt. You cn be a millionare and be a bad husband. So far ur 30k is steady and comes monthly plus she is ready to manage d home with ur resources u dnt hv a problem. There are few ladies dt wud want a man with dt amount of salary a month. Finally my church office secretary just got married and i cnt bet u his salary isnt more dan 30k a month plus his wife is yet to get a job. Wen u see dem in church u wud tink dt dey are both earning over 300k as salary per month. So op u got no excuse not to marry her. Remember to plan ur wedding according to wot u hv at hand. Dnt go borrowing to impress any1. Congrat in advance.
Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by Rosarie(f): 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
when got married I did it even see 30k u re talking off but today, story and tori has really changed.I and my hubby share every penny together,I keep track of finances and we have never had issues over finances.my bro do u want it grand kids not to know u?there are doors that are opened when u get married.plsssss. if u trust her go ahead.knives are everywhere but wives are rare.

1 Like

Re: My 29-Year-Old Fiancee Wants To Dump Me by missjane: 8:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=Yieldings post=50528867]You say you're not financially-stable and thus, not ready for marriage. That's your intuition speaking. Never ignore your intuition. She might be saying you will manage your income together when you get married, but that might change when you do get married and more financial responsibilities or obligations arise. Finances are always a huge cause of marital issues.

As a man, you should get married when you know you're ready, not when your girlfriend or anyone is pressuring you to marry her.

She says she can't wait for you anymore, then let her go.

Nice advise! we should understand that pple seldom feel the same way they felt about each other before marriage.. that one na 'falling' in love.. after marriage u make conscious effort to water ur marriage n walk in love whether the situation is conducive or not. As a man u r right about shouldering responsibilities. And if u think or believe you are not ready, then u truly ain't. Don't allow anyone push or pressurize u into anything.. marrying becos age is not on one's side is one of the worst reasons anyone can marry for. If u doubt it, allow ur girl go ahead and marry someone else and listen to what she has to say in d next 2-4 years. Not that I'm wishing her bad but pple that rush into a union usually find that all wasn't like they expected. She knew ur salary was 30k before she started dating u. Let's not be sentimental about this..i won't even advise her o to wait for u, Incase u get a better job tomorrow n decide to go for someone much more younger.. it happens. If she wants to wait and take the risk then it has to be solely her decision..if you want to go ahead n get married, while sourcing for somth better to do..it also has to be solely ur decision..meanwhile rather than working at a 30k job why can't u combine resources with ur fiancee and start up any business? It's more prestigious and has d potential to expand beyond your wildest dreams.. wishing you guys every good success..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help My Tribal Brother Has 8 Kids And The Wife Is Heavily Pregnant. / The Woman I Hate To Have As Wife / Doctor Batters Wife Over Refusal To Circumcise Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.