Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law (3957 Views)

Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit / Woman Shocked As Her Mother Dresses Her Daughter In Shoes She Wore 35years Ago / Man Sues In-laws For Giving Him Already Pregnant Daughter In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Mimzyy(f): 9:38am On Oct 27, 2016
For this our Naija abi the western world? grin grin grin

Pandorabox:
His siblings are meant to call me "Aunty" especially if he is the first born.

lalasticlala please. thank you.

2 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Mimzyy(f): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2016
Dyt:
Rotflmbfao

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mimzzy
Your sarcasm is awesome
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dayuum

Sisto, no be me oo grin grin grin grin
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 27, 2016
Mimzyy:
6. If you have any sense, go and do your mother-in-law’s laundry every weekend.

Let her know washing is your hobby.
like her slave or what? marriage is a union of love not a slavery agreement. Any mother in law that won't like you will definitely not like you no matter what.

3 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 27, 2016
Mimzyy:

Lol. Something came up that i had to quickly attend to before posting.

Morning Bae.

We understand grin ...no worries, take ur time...
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Ishilove: 9:51am On Oct 27, 2016
Pandorabox:
like her slave or what? marriage is a union of love not a slavery agreement. Any mother in law that won't like you will definitely not like you no matter what.
It seems sarcasm is lost on you.

The theme of the thread is the unrealistic expectations which some mother-in-laws, and indeed parts of the African society have for women engaged to their sons.

This is why 'perfect' in the title is in quotation marks; it underlines the theme.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by carammel(f): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2016
Let us stop painting mother in-laws bad,there are very good mother in-laws,easy going and will never interfere with your marriage.

2 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Mimzyy(f): 9:56am On Oct 27, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin Even after emboldening it in the first post.

Ishilove:

The theme of the thread is the unrealistic expectations which some mother-in-laws, and indeed parts of the African society have for women engaged to their sons.
This is why 'perfect' in the title is in quotation marks; it underlines the theme.

2 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 27, 2016
Ishilove:

I'm also being sarcastic cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Dyt(f): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2016
Ishilove:

I didn't know you got irritated too
cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by thorpido(m): 10:22am On Oct 27, 2016
Mimzyy:

Morning Uncle T.
I noticed you went off nairaland but u're back now.Welcome.
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Mimzyy(f): 10:24am On Oct 27, 2016
thorpido:
I noticed you went off nairaland but u're back now.Welcome.

Yeah. Thank you sir. How's work going?
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by thorpido(m): 10:26am On Oct 27, 2016
Mimzyy:

Yeah. Thank you sir. How's work going?
Fine thank God.Hope your side is fine too.

1 Like

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Acidosis(m): 10:28am On Oct 27, 2016
When my mother comes to stay for a 1 month holiday, everybody lives in peace
but
When my mother-in-law comes to stay for a 2 week holiday, it becomes a problem.

Women, check yourselves. You are your greatest problem!

3 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Mimzyy(f): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2016
thorpido:
Fine thank God.Hope your side is fine too.

Yeah. Glory be to God. Have a stress free day. smiley
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Mimzyy(f): 10:42am On Oct 27, 2016
Acidosis:
When my mother comes to stay for a 1 month holiday, everybody lives in peace
but
When my mother-in-law comes to stay for a 2 week holiday, it becomes a problem.
Women, check yourselves. You are your greatest problem!

You think wives do not want to be at peace with their MILs?

3 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Acidosis(m): 11:06am On Oct 27, 2016
Mimzyy:

You think wives do not want to be at peace with their MILs?

I think wives should stop reading negative meanings to everything MIL does.

Why call for peace when you're not at war? If there isn't any war in spite the frequent calls, gists, etc. between wives and their mothers, there shouldn't be any war between wives and their MILs.

Many of you women talk to your mothers on the phone on a daily basis, but when MIL decides to speak with you or his son (on the same daily basis) it becomes a problem: it is either she's a witch trying to figure out everything in the home, or she finds it difficult to let go of her son.

Women should learn a lot from men, we don't read terrible meanings to every situations and events.

I know a woman who nurtured a terrible hatred towards her MIL just because the woman suggested they spend less on birthday (she suggested drinks with chin-chin, as against the family's plan - jollof rice, meats, etc.).

I'm 100% sure there wouldn't be issues if the suggestion came from the mother, a friend, or brother. However, because of the devilish stance against MIL, the wife has been projected and formatted to assume the MIL is against her success.

For fck sake, what is wrong in telling someone to spend less on birthdays, especially now that we are in recession?

May God deliver you all (Amen).

5 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by freecocoa(f): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2016
There are good MILS out there, people going about with an already established opinion/mindset about a MIL they never even met, is a huge part of the problem.

4 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by OLUWAcypris1(f): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2016
Don bobes whr are u oh, come and c oh, nairaland and false thread are like this shocked
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Ishilove: 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2016
Pandorabox:
I'm also being sarcastic cheesy
Yeah right

2 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Dyt(f): 1:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
Ishilove:

Yeah right

Wickedness
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by crackhaus: 2:12pm On Oct 27, 2016
The earlier some of you girls understand that your man's mother is a woman just like you, the better for you.
You will fight men because you say we don't respect you, and still fight a woman like you too - what a way to live.

I shake my pot belly for una. grin

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 27, 2016
The girl has suffered grin
Mimzyy:
18. And if her son cheats on you because you’re not wife enough, you used your own hand to cause it.

Again, run to her for forgiveness.
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Fkforyou(m): 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2016
Acidosis:

Why call for peace when you're not at war? If there isn't any war in spite the frequent calls, gists, etc. between wives and their mothers, there shouldn't be any war between wives and their MILs.

Many of you women talk to your mothers on the phone on a daily basis, but when MIL decides to speak with you or his son (on the same daily basis) it becomes a problem: it is either she's a witch trying to figure out everything in the home, or she finds it difficult to let go of her son.

Women should learn a lot from men, we don't read terrible meanings to every situations and events.

I know a woman who nurtured a terrible hatred towards her MIL just because the woman suggested they spend less on birthday (she suggested drinks with chin-chin, as against the family's plan - jollof rice, meats, etc.).

I'm 100% sure there wouldn't be issues if the suggestion came from the mother, a friend, or brother. However, because of the devilish stance against MIL, the wife has been projected and formatted to assume the MIL is against her success.

For fck sake, what is wrong in telling someone to spend less on birthdays, especially now that we are in recession?

Chill bro and enjoy the thread. Why so serious? smiley

5 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Fkforyou(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2016
Ishilove:

Yeah right

That's so mean... grin
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Creamish(f): 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2016
Acidosis:

Kindly recheck the emboldened and increase the number of women U know of with ur stated example so ur generalized statement would be justified..

What some men need to understand is that whenever their wives have genuine issues with their MIL, they need to step in..as against joining forces with their mothers against their wives like they were never weaned.

I respect the MILs who genuinely luv their DILs..and the men who can stand for the right thing in every situation. cool

Mimzyy.. nice thread BTW. Funny stuff. It's humour lost on some sadly.

5 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Acidosis(m): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2016
Fkforyou:

Chill bro and enjoy the thread. Why so serious? smiley
What's there to enjoy?
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Acidosis(m): 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2016
Creamish:

Kindly recheck the emboldened and increase the number of women U know of with ur stated example so ur generalized statement would be justified..

What some men need to understand is that whenever their wives have genuine issues with their MIL, they need to step in..as against joining forces with their mothers against their wives like they were never weaned.

I respect the MILs who genuinely luv their DILs..and the men who can stand for the right thing in every situation. cool

Mimzyy.. nice thread BTW. Funny stuff. It's humour lost on some sadly.

genuine issues like?

No Mother in law will genuinely love a wife with preconceived negative idea about MILs.

How can one find genuine love in something you hate?

If you claim you don't hate MILs, then what's the essence of this thread?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Creamish(f): 3:38pm On Oct 27, 2016
Acidosis:

genuine issues like?

If I told U, would U believe?

1 Like

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Acidosis(m): 3:41pm On Oct 27, 2016
Creamish:

If I told U, would U believe?
Yes ..

However, make sure such issues are peculiar to MILs only, not Wives' mothers.
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by raumdeuter: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
In several years to come, the same wives complaining about their mother in laws will become witches to their own daughter in laws
Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Creamish(f): 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
Acidosis:

Yes ..

However, make sure such issues are peculiar to MILs only, not Wives' mothers.

I wont bother cos it's obvious U don't have an open mind where MIL/DIL war is concerned. U may have had a genuine experience but so have many other wives. Until U fit in their shoes, don't generalize on this issue. Some wives are the cause of their problems, true...but on some other occasions, the MIL is the cause.

I wont drag this further with u. I'm done.

3 Likes

Re: The Step By Step Guide To Being The ‘Perfect’ Daughter-In-Law by Mimzyy(f): 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2016
Creamish:

Mimzy.y.. nice thread BTW. Funny stuff. It's humour lost on some sadly.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Thanchu sisto kiss

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Something Unusually Common, But I Find.....strange. / Beware Of Jobless Men With Strong Diçk! / Today, I Did What I Have Never Done Before....i Think I Am Matured Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.