Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines (46851 Views)

Rate This Glo 3G Speed (photo) / How To Activate Glo Netpro / How To Activate 2go Gateway And Chat With Facebook Friends On 2go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by honsule(m): 12:58pm On Nov 16, 2009
Mavor:

omo dat glomms apn no work for me o!!! Walahi, Glo mess up with their 3g wahala

maybe ur mms is not activated.did u get error like,packet data not available,etc?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by Mavor: 1:38pm On Nov 16, 2009
I'm using a HSDPA modem. I can't connect at all
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by N9528GB: 1:54pm On Nov 16, 2009
Drop ur glo numbers for 3G activation for free just for the first 5 numbers, peace.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by Mavor: 2:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
@infoseye, I sent you an IM with my number on ur yahoo im mobile
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by N9528GB: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2009
Type ur number here, I could not write down am using my n95 to browse.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by Mavor: 7:12pm On Nov 16, 2009
omo I no fit post that number for public so Glo go notice am or ban am o for one flimsy reason or the other !!! You no know say we get informants when be nairalanders? maybe you should put up an email addy or something where someone can send it. Cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by vta2008: 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2009
Does anybody know how to check how many GB left when browsing on Glo 3G Plus? MTN's own is quite easy but I can't figure out Glo's and I'm using an unlocked usb modem.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by vta2008: 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2009
Less I forget to all those looking to activate GPRS/3G on their sims, just subscribe to one of the plans and your sim will be activated in 1-2hours. That's ahow I got mine activated.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by chidyke77(m): 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2009
how is the speed of the glo 3g?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by honsule(m): 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2009
chidyke77:

how is the speed of the glo 3g?

i get 300kb then with IDM
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by N9528GB: 3:27pm On Dec 06, 2009
grin glo ko glo ni
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by honsule(m): 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2009
N95-2 8GB:

grin glo ko glo ni

gloflat wink wink wink
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by malone5923(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2009
how does gloflat affect. when I was still using glo my download peak was 400KBps and downtime 200Kbps and sometimes in btw, I miss baby gloria
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by malone5923(m): 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2009
how does gloflat affect. when I was still using glo my download peak was 400KBps and downtime 200Kbps and sometimes in btw, I miss baby gloria
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by N9528GB: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2009
honsule:

gloflat wink wink wink

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope our glo lines get activated fro Gloflat by tomorrow.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2009
Hey bro! Is dere anyway i can hv 3g on zain
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by N9528GB: 4:20pm On Dec 07, 2009
Luckly for me I bought a Zain 3G line, am stil trying to find a way to activate Zain lines to 3G without purchasing there modem just to use 3G on there network
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by adebayo201: 4:21pm On Dec 07, 2009
i think honorable will be able to answer your question
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by burnin: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2009
Help doesnt work for iphone
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by N9528GB: 10:44am On Dec 30, 2009
burnin:

Help doesnt work for iphone

That's the problem with iPhone everything is complicated but do it manually.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by Estimable(m): 9:39am On Dec 31, 2009
Pls is Glo 3G every where cos iam in Anambra State
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by vickoy23: 3:50am On Mar 09, 2010
To use zain 3g service, the APN is internet.ng.zain.com, Username is internet and password is internet. you however need to buy their 3g enabled data card from dia office. it delivers beta speed than regular sim u buy on the road and u dont need proxy server for it. For glo, u will need to get to dia office to buy data sim too for N100.00 then go through the activation process. collect the procedure instruction from them there. you would need to wait for minimum of 1hr after you start the procedure to be on the 3g service. once this is done, the apn is gloflat, username flat and password is flat too and you are good to go. the down side of glo is that when you subscribe to a bundle plan, do not use the data sim on a none 3g device. you would be billed 15k per kilo even though u have an active bundle but dia one day plan for N500 gives you 150mb unlike mtn and zain that gives 50mb.

@honsule what mtn modem did u use? I could not get my E170 to browse on glo 3g but it worked on this huawei modem sold by ssm and worked too using my N72 (a 2g phone) as a modem for pc through nokia pc suite. I was able to use it through anoda nokia 3g phone I have forgotten the name.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by 9ja2to: 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2010
Can you pls send the setting via email for glo 3g usage on PC?
Thank you

coniconmail [at] yahoo [dot] com
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by okgerald(m): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2010
Please i am having a little problem with my huwaei usb modem. I have a mtn usb modem that is already unlocked. I am trying to use it with a glo sim but it wont just connect. I just bought the prepaid sim and have subscribed to one of the glo data plan by sending a particular code. My 6000 was deducted immediately. Any solution to this?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2010
ok.gerald:

Please i am having a little problem with my huwaei usb modem. I have a mtn usb modem that is already unlocked. I am trying to use it with a glo sim but it wont just connect. I just bought the prepaid sim and have subscribed to one of the glo data plan by sending a particular code. My 6000 was deducted immediately. Any solution to this?
usually u have to wait a few hrs to 24hrs b4 its fully activated. . . if not den ur best bet is to call d glo3g help desk: 444
cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by Suntemi(m): 6:03pm On Sep 02, 2010
vta2008:

Does anybody know how to check how many GB left when browsing on Glo 3G Plus? MTN's own is quite easy but I can't figure out Glo's and I'm using an unlocked usb modem.

Text Info to 127
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tomcat: 11:05am On Sep 06, 2010
vickoy23:

For glo, u will need to get to dia office to buy data sim too for N100.00 then go through the activation process. collect the procedure instruction from them there. you would need to wait for minimum of 1hr after you start the procedure to be on the 3g service. once this is done, the apn is gloflat, username flat and password is flat too and you are good to go. the down side of glo is that when you subscribe to a bundle plan, do not use the data sim on a none 3g device. you would be billed 15k per kilo even though u have an active bundle but dia one day plan for N500 gives you 150mb unlike mtn and zain that gives 50mb.

I went to a glo office and they give me a normal sim card and 500N recharge card. I wanted to try the glo 3g with their 1 day package for 150MB. However i got no instructions on how to activate, so i used the sim card on a mobile phone to activate it.

The thing is that is not finding the glo 3g network on my usb stick (unlocked ZTE MF626) and i think i haven't activated the card for 3g.

1. Does glo have special data sim cards that they should have given me? (like etisalat)

2. how do you activate that sim card for 3g for the specific package please?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2010
@ flyuche, N95
i subscribed for glo's 1month -150mb data plan (always micro).
But, each time I browse, I'm charged from by normal cal-credit instead of d 150mb.
Whenever I send 'info' to 127, I see the 150mb untouched.
Any solution pls.
I browse on phone (nokia 3120c).
Thanks.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 1:36pm On Sep 06, 2010
xreal:

@ flyuche, N95
i subscribed for glo's 1month -150mb data plan (always micro).
But, each time I browse, I'm charged from by normal cal-credit instead of d 150mb.
Whenever I send 'info' to 127, I see the 150mb untouched.
Any solution pls.
I browse on phone (nokia 3120c).
Thanks.
you are not using the "gloflat" settings to browse
call 444 and request for the settings or u can manually do it and set it as default:
apn: gloflat
username: gloflat
password: gloflat

cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2010
tomcat:

I went to a glo office and they give me a normal sim card and 500N recharge card. I wanted to try the glo 3g with their 1 day package for 150MB. However i got no instructions on how to activate, so i used the sim card on a mobile phone to activate it.

The thing is that is not finding the glo 3g network on my usb stick (unlocked ZTE MF626) and i think i haven't activated the card for 3g.

1. Does glo have special data sim cards that they should have given me? (like etisalat)

2. how do you activate that sim card for 3g for the specific package please?

If u were given a sim in dia office wit the purpose of browsing den its already activated; and it can do both voice and data calls unlike etisalat's data sim dats only data(tho now normal sims can do both undecided)
So most likely u r not in a 3G area or
u need to activate the sim by sending ACTIVATE to 444 or call 444 and request for the sim to be provisioned for 3G services
Another thing, maybe u r not using the right apn i.e gloflat. . .
Anyway, hope dis little helps
cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? / Tethering From Android To Java Phones Via Bluetooth / Airtel Releases Cheap Opera Mini, Whatsapp, Bbm Data Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.