Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines (46849 Views)

Rate This Glo 3G Speed (photo) / How To Activate Glo Netpro / How To Activate 2go Gateway And Chat With Facebook Friends On 2go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 2:27pm On Sep 06, 2010
@ lynxnoon
thanks 4d info, I'ld try dat.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 3:24pm On Sep 06, 2010
@ lynxnoon
thanks a lot, I got it done manualy. Just as U instructed.
Could you believe I had bn battling with dis dificulty for almost a week now; spent the whole of d wkend caling glo c.c - they tell me diff. stories, some of them havn't even heard about the package, d last c.c guy with whome I laid my complain told me it could never b corrected & my 150mb was a waste.
Thanks to lynxnoon, N95 -for d thread & nairaland.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 5:03pm On Sep 06, 2010
always glad to be of help @xreal
cheers wink
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by olanie(m): 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2010
Now this a story those working for mtn, zain shld take a cue frm. I ws abt to suscribe to funlink bundle tonite mainly cos of internet bt paused for a moment to chck online for what ppl r saying abt it cos i ws sumwat sceptic since i dint like wat d funlink basic ws gvn me,and gbam! There it ws, lots of dissatisfied users who were ripped-off,me feet got cold.
But frm d blues came d unblivable story abt 150mb for 1k on glo and i tot it must b a joke until i followed d procedure and nw njoying it within 30min.
To just tink i ws goin to get 60mb and sum miserable 50min tlk dat frndz and family cn tak cr of,,
Thanks to glo!
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by debedebe(m): 1:56pm On Sep 18, 2010
pls house help, my glo modem hangs after about 1hr when am on my office pc, what should i do
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 2:27pm On Sep 18, 2010
How would i activate 'always micro'
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2010
good work in here. I need your help. How would i activate 'always micro' on phone and use it to connect to the internet on pc with the aid of my unlocked mtn modem?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2010
tunnex190:

How would i activate 'always micro'

send '13' to '127'
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2010
Thanks but can i use it on my pc with unlocked modem?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2010
yes you can.
if its been unlocked.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
Thanks, but what is the settings for apn?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 10:20pm On Sep 18, 2010
tunnex190:

Thanks, but what is the settings for apn?

gloflat
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2010
^^^
apn:gloflat
username:gloflat
password:gloflat
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by werlay(m): 2:10pm On Sep 19, 2010
Talking abt the gloflat apn. Do I need to add proxy add and ip address to the whole setting, Am using a nokia 5230. Would realy appreciate It if someone gives me a detailed info on how to go abt the whole stuff. And I have suscribed for the always micro and still I can't browse wit ma fone,
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 2:34pm On Sep 19, 2010
werlay:

Talking abt the gloflat apn. Do I need to add proxy add and ip address to the whole setting, Am using a nokia 5230. Would realy appreciate It if someone gives me a detailed info on how to go abt the whole stuff. And I have suscribed for the always micro and still I can't browse wit ma fone,

no you don't need the proxy nd ip stuff.
What mobile browser you using?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 3:02pm On Sep 19, 2010
Thanks everyone! How would i activate my glo line for 3G Network?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2010
tunnex190:

Thanks everyone! How would i activate my glo line for 3G Network?
it would be activated once you subscribe for any of the data plan.
I advise you take sometime -go thru previous posts on this thread, would help.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by werlay(m): 4:27pm On Sep 19, 2010
@xreal, Thanks alot. Just spoke to glo CC now and the settins had been sent. Was also made to knw that before i can brows i need to have credit on my fone. Then how do i check my remaing mg, and i use the normal fone browser and opera 10. Y do u ask?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2010
werlay:

@xreal, Thanks alot. Just spoke to glo CC now and the settins had been sent. Was also made to knw that before i can brows i need to have credit on my fone. Then how do i check my remaing mg, and i use the normal fone browser and opera 10. Y do u ask?

you welcome,
you need to have a balance of #1 -at least, on your cal credit a/c, else ur line wldn't connect.
Check for ur remaining mb by sending 'info' to '127'.

For the browser, its better to use opera wit glo.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2010
Xreal u r now a guru on this stuff oh grin grin
cool cool smiley
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 12:47am On Sep 20, 2010
That glo no connect xreal. This is s.s

Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 3:19am On Sep 20, 2010
tunnex190:

That glo no connect xreal. This is s.s
for now most Hauwei modems apart from those those from glo wont connect with glo sims. . . . . dunno know why but might likely be a bug or an error with the hardware or something undecided
So most times i advice people to buy the glo hauwie modem n unlock it for other sims.
I heard theres a solution to this on Hauwei site but have not really looked into into.
Cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by xreal: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2010
lynxnoon:

Xreal u r now a guru on this stuff oh grin grin
cool cool smiley

grin thanks to YOU -my CHAIRMAN
I'm loyal.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 8:43am On Sep 20, 2010
That's to say - i can't use my modem to get connected with my glo network?
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2010
tunnex190:

That's to say - i can't use my modem to get connected with my glo network?
U can try using "Mobile Partner" software to run d modem instead of mtn fastlink and see if it will connect.
Some guys on this section said they tried it n it worked; though u may have to get an "ATI COMMAND" or sometin undecided from hauwei site for it to work well.
Dunno but jst try dat n see how it goes
cheers
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by jaysay(m): 3:15am On Sep 21, 2010
I have been with Mtn for 6 years, the best they've done
is give me quality coverage and reliable service plus call clarity.

Internet-wise, i'll give it to globacom. If you want an internet option that
will serve you the best, don't settle for less go for globacom. Forget about trying to buy the
mtn modem and unlocking it. I'll give you a universal modem that works with all
networks for N8,500 ONLY.
call me on +2348023119038 or send me a mail/text.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 11:11am On Sep 21, 2010
lynxnoon:

U can try using "Mobile Partner" software to run d modem instead of mtn fastlink and see if it will connect.
Some guys on this section said they tried it n it worked; though u may have to get an "ATI COMMAND" or sometin undecided from hauwei site for it to work well.
Dunno but jst try dat n see how it goes
cheers

can someone help with mobile partner software? I prefer glo to etisalat connection.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by debedebe(m): 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2010
for now most Hauwei modems apart from those those from glo wont connect with glo sims. . . . . dunno know why but might likely be a bug or an error with the hardware or something
So most times i advice people to buy the glo hauwie modem n unlock it for other sims.
I heard theres a solution to this on Hauwei site but have not really looked into into.
Cheers

U are very correct it happens to me also, glo sim dont work with other modem that have been jailbreak or crack
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by debedebe(m): 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2010
Internet-wise, i'll give it to globacom. If you want an internet option that
will serve you the best, don't settle for less go for globacom. Forget about trying to buy the
mtn modem and unlocking it. I'll give you a universal modem that works with all
networks for N8,500 ONLY.
call me on +2348023119038 or send me a mail/text.[quote][/quote]

Thats right,
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by lynxnoon(m): 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
debedebe:

U are very correct it happens to me also, glo sim dont work with other modem that have been jailbreak or crack
no. . . .only unlocked hauwei modems dat r not from glo undecided
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2010
please @ lyxooon,

i just subscribed to go gwork with 6000k and it has been activated but when i tried to connect via the ZTE universa modem, it refused to connect, i also tried configuring the modem with glofat stuff yet it refused connection, i didn't know glow doesn't connect on other modem that is either unocked or universal except on their modem.

is there anything i cn do since i can't afford glo modem for now and my subscription is running.
Re: How To Activate Glo For Glo 3g Plus For Prepaid Lines by tunnex190: 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
tunnex190:

can someone help with mobile partner software? I prefer glo to etisalat connection.

somebody help!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whatsapp Deadline For Blackberry: What's The Way Forward? / Tethering From Android To Java Phones Via Bluetooth / Airtel Releases Cheap Opera Mini, Whatsapp, Bbm Data Subscription

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.