Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. (1932 Views)

Nse Ekpenyong Arraigned For Certificate ‘Forgery’ (Photo) / Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member / Why APC Panel Nullified Akeredolu’s Victory In Ondo Governorship Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by lawlahbammy(f): 5:20am On Oct 28, 2016
Saharareporters, New York An Ondo State election petition tribunal sitting in Akure canceled the election of a member of the federal house of representatives, Alfred Agboola Ajayi for reasons related to certificate forgery. Hon. Agboola is a member of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) who represents the Ilaje/ Ese-Odo federal constituency in the Nigeria house of representatives.

An Ondo State election petition tribunal sitting in Akure canceled the election of a member of the federal house of representatives, Alfred Agboola Ajayi for reasons related to certificate forgery. Hon. Agboola is a member of the ruling People's Democratic Party (PDP) who represents the Ilaje/ Ese-Odo federal constituency in the Nigeria house of representatives.
Since winning the controversial April elections, the rep member who heads the house committee on the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has been dogged with allegations of certificate forgery involving hiring mercenaries to write his school certificate examination on his behalf. Certificates presented at the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) shows that his age, given as 38 years did not tally with that of the individual named in West African examination Council records submitted with INEC which gave a 1980 date of birth.
Justice Okungbuwa at the state tribunal gave the ruling annulling the election. The ruling effectively annulled the election on all the three grounds of the petition filed by the candidate of the Democratic Peoples Alliance (DPA) , Olubukola Ebietomiye.
Ebietomiye, through his counsel, Barrister Sola Ebiseni, had prayed the tribunal to nullify the election of Mr.Ajayi on the grounds that he was not academically qualified to contest the polls as prescribed by Section 66 of the 1999 Constitution by proving before the tribunal that Ajayi presented a forged certificate to INEC, also that the election was not conducted in tune with the Electoral Act 2006 due to widespread irregularities and massive disenfranchisement.
Apart from annulling the elections, the tribunal also disqualified Mr. Ajayi from participating in future elections that may be conducted as a result of the ruling, the tribunal also awarded N10,000 cost against Ajayi in its ruling.

http://saharareporters.com/2008/05/04/certificate-forgery-rep-member-election-nullified-ondo-state-tribunal

Internet doesn't forget cheesy
This said man is the running mate of Aketi.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by modath(f): 5:25am On Oct 28, 2016

Apart from annulling the elections, the tribunal also disqualified Mr. Ajayi from participating in future elections that may be conducted as a result of the ruling, 

Good one, very good!! However, I still view it as a slap on the wrist cos he gets to keep all he amassed fraudulently..

The thing wey for sweet my belle finish & do me tinini tanana for be in addition to barring him from future polls, he should be made to refund all the salary and allowances paid to him & if he is unable to pay up, everything he possesses , including the shirt off his back be confiscated in lieu...

Only hard & bitter lessons will deter electoral frauds...

3 Likes

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by babyfaceafrica: 5:28am On Oct 28, 2016
Good
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:34am On Oct 28, 2016
We should send people with forged cerificates to jail....
Can we now look into Buhari's certificate issue? grin
Well APC members are saints

#Senator Samuel Anyanwu 2019

3 Likes

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by adioolayi(m): 5:39am On Oct 28, 2016
What of all entitlements he has received since April Abeg collect every kobo!
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by seunlayi(m): 5:39am On Oct 28, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
We should send people with forged cerificates to jail....
Can we now look into Buhari's certificate issue? grin
Well APC members are saints
#Senator Samuel Anyanwu 2019

It seems he is above the law

3 Likes

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by avril9(f): 5:54am On Oct 28, 2016
He got busted,few weeks form now the news would be swept under the carpet and our guy still involved the government.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by jeffizy(m): 6:07am On Oct 28, 2016
The Rep right now...

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by mrvitalis(m): 6:23am On Oct 28, 2016
This is what i have been saying yesterday.. If Buhari certificate issue was of any weight a party would have gone to court tp disqualify Buhari... But any sensible lawyer will know is a waste of time

2 Likes

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by tuniski: 6:32am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

Good one, very good!! However, I still view it as a slap on the wrist cos he gets to keep all he amassed fraudulently..

The thing wey for sweet my belle finish & do me tinini tanana for be in addition to barring him from future polls, he should be made to refund all the salary and allowances paid to him & if he is unable to pay up, everything he possesses , including the shirt off his back be confiscated in lieu...

Only hard & bitter lessons will deter electoral frauds...
It will only be Sweet if Buhari is put to the same standard. For now, it is sour!

3 Likes

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by meezynetwork(m): 6:34am On Oct 28, 2016
Don't bring obsolete news here pls. This a very old news since 2008. No tribunal is still sitting now apart from Edo state tribunal cos the election is recent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by Bujumbura(m): 7:12am On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

Good one, [s]very good!! However, I still view it as a slap on the wrist cos he gets to keep all he amassed fraudulently..

Only hard & bitter lessons will deter e[/s]lectoral frauds...
You run around looking for PDP thread but hid yourself from public view when Buhari certificate was debated yesterday.

Plz why should buhari hire 15 SAN just to produce his certificate

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by Bujumbura(m): 7:15am On Oct 28, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3431426/judges-should-resign-buhari-should

Modath this is the thread so please don't avoid it again

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 28, 2016
Sai gobe
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by basingstoke: 8:13am On Oct 28, 2016
And the dullard still continues as the President.

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 28, 2016
Mynd44 - day don break for Akure

1 Like

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by lalasticlala(m): 8:40am On Oct 28, 2016
This is May, 2008 news. So so outdated.

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by Funlordjnr: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2016
angry
lalasticlala:

Nwokem? How far with my money na?

Biko nyem ego osisor.........
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by Decodedp: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2016
lalasticlala:

Shows How many of us are carried by primordial sentiments. Just copy and paste. most people just swallow hook, line and sinker. Now you can understand why the word 'zombie' is apt.

Imagine, even our own modath fell for this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by oyemmyx72(m): 9:07am On Oct 28, 2016
Agboola is also Akeredolu debuty.....
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by modath(f): 9:29am On Oct 28, 2016
lalasticlala:

Pls send it to the dungeon.. thx. smiley
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by modath(f): 9:31am On Oct 28, 2016
Decodedp:

Shows How many of us are carried by primordial sentiments. Just copy and paste. most people just swallow hook, line and sinker. Now you can understand why the word 'zombie' is apt.

Imagine, even our own modath fell for this.

I checked that the source wasn't faked like i usually do, but totally missed the date... I'm human.. wink
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by bolinxman: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2016
Agboola Ajayi is Aketi's running mate,his highest qualification is the controversial WAEC result.Check INEC list.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by gebest: 10:11am On Oct 28, 2016
Our court is coming up this days.
Re: Certificate Forgery: Rep. Member Election Nullified By Ondo State Tribunal. by Decodedp: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2016
modath:

I checked that the source wasn't faked like i usually do, but totally missed the date... I'm human.. wink

Lol, sure we're all human.

More reason why we must avoid stereotyping..

(1) (Reply)

White House Vs Aso Villa / I'm Richer Than Dangote -Garba Marafa / Sw/yorubas Should Not Accept New Posts Of Security Chief By Buhari - It's A Ploy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.