Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara (3950 Views)

WHILE IGBOS AND YORUBA BICKER: The Losses Mount / Ondo: APC Crisis Worsens As S’west, S’south Chairmen Bicker / Presidential Aides Bicker Over Buhari, Tinubu Feud - Daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by cuvox(m): 6:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
By some strange law I do not know much of, I understand that a particular percentage of VAT (value added tax, a tax that is inside everything you buy including pure water) has been set aside for the North East. Okay.

I also understand that the rich KANU that cannot be said to have suffered any major loss from Boko Haram is included in the states benefiting from this VAT that should belong to all states, but now reserved for these Boko Haram states. Okay!

Note that Lagos is the number one contributor to VAT. Note also that alcohol sales is one of the number one contributor to VAT purse. Note that Kano former governor Kwankwaso destroyed beer bottles and that alcohol consumption is a crime in these states that today have a chunk of moneys (VAT) collected from Emeka buying "nkwobi and bia" at Mama Ngozi's store. He might as well be handing Usman Mohammed in Bauchi money everytime he says "give me one more bottle dia". Ogunseye is no different. Sitting in Mama Bayo's shop in Akure, every timehe says "funmi ni one bottle", he is placing naira in Bello Mustapha's hand in Yobe. Of course same goes for Shirsa in Benue, Mfom in Akwa Ibom, Bekederemo in Patani etc.

WE CONSUME BEER TO FEED THE NORTH.

But do we as southerners see this? NO. Nnamdi is hellbent on avenging what he believes Awolowo did to Ojukwu. Tolu is ready to drive every Igbo from his lands if they will not stop calling them traitors. While these set of perhaps the brightest Nigerians keep their head in the past, the North smiles to the bank and Bureau de change.

If they would only raise their head up, they would find that Lagos in asking to be elevated to SPECIAL STATUS wherein for the amount of people that its roads and infrastructure carry it deserves to be treated differently. They would see also the fact that Nigeria's most popular city should have pipeborne water and get priority in electricity distribution etc and more importantly realize that A DEVELOPED AND WORKING LAGOS BENEFITS NOT JUST YORUBAS, BUT EVERY RESIDENT OR VISITOR.

But the bill to have Lagos, a place many Nigerians have called HOME, even if for a month when they went to visit their uncle, is shot down like it was Dr Oyenusi at bar beach. The bullets that shot it down coming from every region with Aboki shouting the READY, SET, FIRE!!!And even if we all say "Lagos is for Yorubas. They have huge IGR (Internally generated revenue) etc, at least Igbos, Yorubas, and the South South as oil producers can surely agree that passing the petroleum bill that gives the village whose soil produce the oil ten percent OF PROFIT is a good idea. Ondo, now Lagos, Abia, Anambra etc stand to benefit. But still we cannot find the unity to put votes that will benefit us all in the south.

Meanwhile, pipes are being laid to take the oil straight to the North.

Even the North...while evidence shows Igbo land and Yoruba land are far more likely to have oil....even if it is seepage from the rich Niger Delta soils, LOANS AND REVENUE BELONGING TO US ALL ARE BEING DEPLOYED TO LOOK FOR OIL IN THAT SAME BLOOD-SUCKING NORTH EAST. But we all say nothing.

IT IS AWOLOWO AND OJUKWU THAT IS STILL OUR PROBLEM. Northern Contractors will become billionaires with those funds.

PLUS 2.1 billion DOLLARS loan has been collected on all our heads to develop the North East. The rest of Nigeria will pay it while only the North East AND RICH KANO benefit. The fact that Boko Haram are still killing Nigerians and that many of those people in that North East support Boko Haram as surely as many of us from the Niger Delta, deep in our hearts, support Niger Delta Avengers and pray they are never caught etc, as truly as NORTHERNERS BROUGHT DEATH AND BACKWARDNESS TO THEIR OWN REGION, we must all bear their killings and pay them to build their land they destroyed themselves.

But why talk about this when the next Igbo man to comment here will insult the whole Yoruba nation and a Yoruba will reply and Biafra will be mentioned and Biafra will be insulted and more insults and on and on and on and on.......And Fulani herdsmen will kill another Yoruba in and around Kwara and an Igbo in Enugu and ravage the farmers of the middle belt and slaughter them...And grass will be imported for them and lands shared to them

And we in the south will argue about AWOLOWO AND OJUKWU.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by sarrki(m): 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
We are omoluabis

That's how we roll
Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 28, 2016
sarrki:
We are omoluabis

That's how we roll

consolation of afonjazzy undecided undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by ThumbzTNA(m): 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2016
Which kind of disrespectful write up is this. Yorubaaa op is this the best way you could pass your message across to the Igbo nation? This is belittling and I implore all Igbo to ignore this thread till this Yorubaaa op learns to address his us with respect

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by beycity(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2016
There is always a sense in every nonsense, but only few can see it.

1 Like

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by devilson(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
don't mind the two tribe let them be forming sophisticated nd beating chest.the day both tribe unite it would be the beginning of a better Nigeria but they would be forming stewpid pride

7 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by cuvox(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2016
ThumbzTNA:
Which kind of disrespectful right up is this. Yorubaaa op is this the best way you could pass your message across to the Igbo nation? This is belittling and I implore all Igbo to ignore this thread till this Yorubaaa op learns to address his us with respect

is that the best you can come up with? For the record I am from Niger Delta

2 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by beycity(m): 6:41pm On Oct 28, 2016
ThumbzTNA:
Which kind of disrespectful right up is this. Yorubaaa op is this the best way you could pass your message across to the Igbo nation? This is belittling and I implore all Igbo to ignore this thread till this Yorubaaa op learns to address his us with respect
I doubt if you actually read the write up and if you did, you might need to read it over and over again.

7 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by playboy99(m): 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2016
nice write up but my fellow yoruba and igbo brothers wont wait to start attacking each other.tribalism we create now would surely affect the next generation change begins with me,and by d way afonja is just a name n dosent change anything about my character or personality. #SAYNOTOTRIBALISM

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by cuvox(m): 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
beycity:

I doubt if you actually read the write up and if you did, you might need to read it over and over again.
thanks for that. While all the Governors up north Have the Northern Governors Forum, where they all plan together irrespective of political party, we down south prefer to be torn apart by tribal and political sentiments. How many northerners have you seen fighting themselves over APC and PDP?

8 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by afanide: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2016
I dont even get the topic.....
Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by cuvox(m): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
afanide:
I dont even get the topic.....
while we call ourselves af0njas and 1pods , divide ourselves into southwest, southeast and south south, the north is strongly united and using us

11 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by EazyMoh(m): 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2016
Must you guys down south demonize the north before you make your point?
Can't we have a united Nigeria irrespective of one's region?
Don't you all know to the politicians they don't care about this dichotomy? They only bring regionalism, tribalism or religion only when it suits them.
You guys need to wake up. btw your southern corporation will never work if its basis is only meant to spite the north, but good luck with that.

3 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Onenaira1: 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2016
F2k out of here with that south unity nonsense.

All of a sudden, yoloba dey look for South unity. Rubbish. Deal with the crap the yoloba put the whole south into. If not for them, would Buhari be there to siphon money to NE? Would he be there to use FG account to look for non existent oil up north.
Rubbish. South unity ko, South unity ni.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Bujumbura(m): 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2016
ThumbzTNA:
go back and read again
Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Bujumbura(m): 7:40pm On Oct 28, 2016
EazyMoh:
Don't you all know to the politicians they don't care about this dichotomy? They only bring regionalism, tribalism or religion only when it suits them.
You guys need to wake up. btw your southern corporation will never work if its basis is only meant to spite the north, but good luck with that.
Are you scared of Southern Unity?

3 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Bujumbura(m): 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2016
cuvox:

thanks for that. While all the Governors up north Have the Northern Governors Forum, where they all plan together irrespective of political party, we down south prefer to be torn apart by tribal and political sentiments. How many northerners have you seen fighting themselves over APC and PDP?
The funny thing is that they ve started attacking one another right now. I'm igbo but most of my friends are yoruba and we throw banters and talk about tje good and bad side of our ethnic group

1 Like

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2016
With all this benefits, how is their lives? No course for alarm, it is business as usual_ even if they like let them allocate all the yearly budget to the north_in the long run, the south will mop every penny in circulation.

It is this "feeding bottle" demeanour of northern leaders that continue to keep the region in perpetual laziness and pauperism_it is to the disadvantage of the north.

Justice always prevail over injustice. Look at things by yourselves_progress and prosperity belongs to the south. The south had already won the best_mass education!

1 Like

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by devilson(m): 7:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
Onenaira1:

All of a sudden, yoloba dey look for South unity. Rubbish. Deal with the crap the yoloba put the whole south into. If not for them, would Buhari be there to siphon money to NE? Would he be there to use FG account to look for non existent oil up north.
the op is from n/delta.ur hatred for yoruba would lead u to somewhere u don't like.

the n/delta Are willing to unite with sw nd middle belt nd ur igbotic sorry ass would be dumped as usual nd u would cry marginalization

6 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by EasternPride: 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
These are Yorubas convulsing when the issue of South East Development Council was requested by Ohaneze Youths.
https://www.nairaland.com/2960343/ohaneze-demands-creation-south-east

And these are the same Yorubas that the Ena Ofugara said we are bickering with.....Hate filled Afonjas.

Read below
superstar1:
Ohaneze is notorious for 2 things:

1. Issuing lame ultimatum

2. Demanding

bettercreature:
Ipod people should direct their angers towards their governors,they are collecting multiply by 5 of money allocated to other regions

LionInZion:
We should also have South west commision, North east commision, etc? At times I wonder why we keep prescribing wrong solutions to all our problems. Tell me any tangible thing NDDC has achieved so far, apart from looting and making some people billionaires overnight while the people they claim to be fighting for keep languishing in abject poverty with no drinkable water, lack of basic infrastructures. How can we progress with this type of backward mentality of some elders?

superstar1:

They have issued ultimatums so teyyyyyy, paper don finish self.

They have started with demands again. From demand for payment for the civil war they started, to demand for payment for deportation of their destitutes and here comes this demand again.

Mark my word, the next demand will be for Nigeria to give them Presidency without having to work it. Even salvation of our souls came at a price and not by sitting our lazy butts down and demanding.

They should learn how to build bridges.

PentiumPro:
Why were these demands not made during Jonathan regime ?

mulattoclaro:
Ohaneze Ndigbo are a bunch of red cap wearing fools. No be only South East Development Commission na Biafra Development Commission. Goats. If they like they can protest from now till forever, you guys cannot decide for PMB. What does the South east contribute to the Nigerian economy in the first place?

mulattoclaro:
as in eh. I swear I've never met any tribe as self centered as them. They want everything to be about them.

Eshinwaju:
More meaningless requests....a bunch of jobless miscreants who should be out there entertaining us with their protests... grin...sore losers... angry

danot1030:
Igbo is pathetic always playing the victim. What makes Igbo as a nation different from the various militant groups will have across the country that engages in vandalism on demand for a particular interest with this demand for SEDC as a condition to stop the Biafra agitation. Let them hear this, no SEDC will be given to them, if they like they can take their agitation to a higher level they will all rot in jail for treason. Kanu should not be released, the government should go through with his trial and if found guilty should be hanged.

OPCNAIRALAND:
From the main article, Im wondering to myself how they hope to succeed in this new proposal.

Before Ohanaeze would demand the creation of a South East Developnent Commission have they taken time to study the different Regional Development Commissions in practice today and assess the value proposition against their milestone achievements to pick a Best Practice that the SEDC should be modeled after?

Let me say that top three Development Commissiins are:

1. Development Agenda for Western Nigeria Commission.
2. Niger Delta Development Commission
3. North East Development Commission.

1 is the only regional development commission that is self-sustained. It is a self-help organization with membership of all Western States but their targeted coverage is all Yorubaland. They do not get any funding from Federal Government. The commission is structured and run with corporate style management and accounting and with grassroot successes unfolding into its imperative for a 20yr vision.

2 is an expansion of the initiative to address agitation of indigenous oil lands for cleaner environment and economic amnesty as substitute for criminal sabotage. They receive 100% funding from FG. The commission is mired in mismanagement and has failed to accomplish its mandate, resulting in redundancy and waste.

3. is a response to recovery and rehabilitation efforts in the aftermath of bokoharam in North East. This will not fully take off until the military victory is complete, but some limited involvement is recorded already in the IDP camps. All their funding come from Federal Government.

If Ohanaeze is sincere about a true and buoyant future for Iboland, they should shun a amnesty programme or a refugee package as a model for developing Iboland and champion instead the formulation of a self-help and self-sustaining programme modelled after the Yoruba DAWN.

Even where logic and commonsense is pointing to DAWN as a best practice, the Ibo's falsely claim a right to reparation and wonder why what is done for Delta and North Eadt could not be done for them and are therefore demanding a 100% funding for their own version of regional development.

Qualifying for the funding will need recognition and needs based. The counter argument will be that Yorubas are developing their land independent of FG and NW is developing, even if its at snail pace, but independent of FG. So what stops SE from using self resource to develop SE? There is no recognized disaster in Iboland or refugee problem that will pass a "needs" test and qualify you for special treatment and funding.

There is a chorus in Iboland, the people claim advantage above others in economic and enterprising skills. Who then, if not Ibos, should be pioneers and at forefront of establishing an impressive and performing regional development commission, why the wait or demand for classification as a disadvantaged region?

A people laying claim to economic advantage amongst class must be careful not to exhibit its homeland as a economically disadvantaged land with a need for economic rescue.

10 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by EazyMoh(m): 7:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
Bujumbura:
Are you scared of Southern Unity?
Nope!
Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by steppin: 8:06pm On Oct 28, 2016
Onenaira1:

No mind them.
They're using backyard tactics to reject their slave masters.
These are the same people that threatened Igbos in their various states in the last elections, just because they wanted to vote for a fellow Southerner.
There would have been a civil war in Nigeria last year, if not for GEJ.
They now want our unity cos the northerners betrayed their god, Tinubu.
Kitikpa rachaa ha anya.

9 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Onenaira1: 8:08pm On Oct 28, 2016
devilson:
the op is from n/delta.ur hatred for yoruba would lead u to somewhere u don't like.

the n/delta Are willing to unite with sw nd middle belt nd ur igbotic sorry ass would be dumped as usual nd u would cry marginalization

Useless buffoon. Who the f2k told you I didn't know the OP is from delta. Dumbass, I'm from delta state.

While I'm at it, Stay there they decieve you monkey ass. Ask yourself how many ND government have ever included you Southwest in any southern leaders gathering to discuss how to build up the southern region. Just dey there dey decieve yourself.
I rather SS, SE and MB unite than you SW. Stick to your North masters

11 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Bujumbura(m): 8:11pm On Oct 28, 2016
EazyMoh:

Nope!
Then take a back seat. The North has been up to no good and their activities are anathema to everybody

2 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by afanide: 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2016
cuvox:

while we call ourselves af0njas and 1pods , divide ourselves into southwest, southeast and south south, the north is strongly united and using us

Oh i see.....

U re absolutely correct.....

It's time Yoruba, South South, and East come 2geda and leave all these hatred that may hunt us.
Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by EazyMoh(m): 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
Bujumbura:
Then take a back seat. The North has been up to no good and their activities are anathema to everybody
OK Suit yourself.
Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Onenaira1: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
steppin:

No mind them.
They're using backyard tactics to reject their slave masters.
These are the same people that threatened Igbos in their various states in the last elections, just because they wanted to vote for a fellow Southerner.
There would have been a civil war in Nigeria last year, if not for GEJ.
They now want our unity cos the northerners betrayed their god, Tinubu.
Kitikpa rachaa ha anya.

Imagine.

It was the same lots that applauded when Buhari sent soliders to SS to kill people.
The same lot that applauded when SE were killed.
The same lots that tried to get the past AK governor arrested simply for doing better than them.
The same lots that siphoned oil companies HQ to their lands and deprived SS of income that could develop the land.
The same lots that hated GEJ simply for being southern minority and having the audacity to not include them in his administration.
The same lot that almost lynched GEJ for accrediting SE as pillars of his administration.
The same lots that deported other southerners from their land.
The same lot that constantly try to divide others using devilish tactics.
Mschewwwwwwwwwwwwwww I rather the south remain disunited than United with SW. They are snakes and should be avoided as such

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by EasternPride: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2016
devilson:

F*ckin go ahead with ur f*ckin unity, as if it has yielded anything if not poverty and more militancy in the creeks.

6 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by cuvox(m): 8:23pm On Oct 28, 2016
EazyMoh:

it's basis is to stop being used
Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by cuvox(m): 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2016
Daniel1990:
With all this benefits, how is their lives? No course for alarm, it is business as usual_ even if they like let them allocate all the yearly budget to the north_in the long run, the south will mop every penny in circulation.

It is this "feeding bottle" demeanour of northern leaders that continue to keep the region in perpetual laziness and pauperism_it is to the disadvantage of the north.

Justice always prevail over injustice. Look at things by yourselves_progress and prosperity belongs to the south. The south had already won the best_mass education!

but the north have the power. what's education without power?
Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by devilson(m): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2016
Onenaira1:

Useless buffoon. Who the f2k told you I didn't know the OP is from delta. Dumbass, I'm from delta state.

While I'm at it, Stay there they decieve you monkey ass. Ask yourself how many ND government have ever included you Southwest in any southern leaders gathering to discuss how to build up the southern region. Just dey there dey decieve yourself.
I rather SS, SE and MB unite than you SW. Stick to your North masters
Igbo claiming n/delta.
attachee by force

3 Likes

Re: While Igbos And Yoruba Bicker: The Losses Mount. - Ena Ofugara by Onenaira1: 8:32pm On Oct 28, 2016
devilson:
Igbo claiming n/delta.
attachee by force

Your stupidity is legendary. Wtf do I except from A yoloba illiterate that's never step foot out of his Oshgbo village.

First of all buffoon, there are igbo indigienous in SS you slowpoke. Second of all, I'm from ASABA. Google where the f3k that is slowpoke.

Last but not least, I repeat my question...Name ONE time any ND government have called a meeting goes regarding southern improvement and have included you lots in it. After doing so name ONE time SE governmemt have also included una anytime they call a meeting fpr southern imprpvement. The only time we ever read you lots are included us when your own leaders were the ones who called for the meeting.
Stick to your North masters like you've always done and stop looking for Southern unity you lots claimed you never needed.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Buhari Dead? / Destination Of Seized Pump Action Rifles / Buhari: Stop Campaign For My Re-election, 4 Days Later He Does This (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.