Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics (68111 Views)

Pictures Of Beautiful African Cities / Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / African City Skyline Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2009
Across the motorway was another Township, I can't recall the name but it began with a B and sounded Afrikaans. Now this Township was not as glamorous as the 'white townships' but there were no shacks and the houses looked decent however this was a Coloured township. Why weren't the Black townships like that at least??
You should take a thorough investigation of what Apartheid did, it made the whites supreme, coloureds/asians in the middle, blacks down below at the pit. This was racism, and was applied everywhere housing, infrastructure, education etc. It will take years if not decades to recover from. That's why South Africa is the most unequal society in the world.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by EloSela(f): 9:10am On Oct 28, 2009
I understand what apartheid is. Whatever gave you the impression that I didn't? The majority of black people live in shacks, the majority of  coloureds live in somewhat decent housing and the majority whites live in swanky apartments facing the atlantic or mansions on beautiful landscapes. This is the fallout from apartheid. From my understanding the government continues to build suitable housing for those in shacks but because some are not used to having the responsibly of living in a house i.e. paying bills they move out and build another shack which has minimum responsibility.

Whether we care to admit it or not South Africa with all its wondrous infrastructure and fabolousity' is not the creation of the Black African man. White people developed the country for themselves and to their standard. Don't get it twisted, while I admire the country and will definitely visit again it is certainly not a country that I would use as an example of how an African country can operate as good as its western counterparts.

2 Likes

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by EloSela(f): 9:12am On Oct 28, 2009
yoruba:

You should take a thorough investigation of what Apartheid did, it made the whites supreme, coloureds/asians in the middle, blacks down below at the pit. This was racism, and was applied everywhere housing, infrastructure, education etc. It will take years if not decades to recover from. That's why South Africa is the most unequal society in the world.

Agreed it will take years. However that doesn't mean that it should be overlooked and posting pictures of the mostly white inhabited parts of Cape Town or South Africa where less only a minimum can afford to live won't help tell the truth. Tell the truth and shame the devil by posting pics where the majority of South Africans who happen to be black have no choice but to live.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 9:30am On Oct 28, 2009
Whether we care to admit it or not South Africa with all its wondrous infrastructure and fabolousity' is not the creation of the Black African man. White people developed the country for themselves and to their standard. Don't get it twisted, while I admire the country and will definitely visit again it is certainly not a country that I would use as an example of how an African country can operate as good as its western counterparts.
It is true, definately true. But South Africa cannot judge with other african countries because its true wealth can never be known. South Africa couldve been the Switzerland of africa if it was not Apartheid or it couldve separate states with African names not like one that is named after a geographical position of a map like 'South Africa". Lets just say, its true potential can never be known.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2009
EloSela:

Agreed it will take years. However that doesn't mean that it should be overlooked and posting pictures of the mostly white inhabited parts of Cape Town or South Africa where less only a minimum can afford to live won't help tell the truth. Tell the truth and shame the devil by posting pics where the majority of South Africans who happen to be black have no choice but to live.
I here your point, but if the city is beautiful it is beautiful regardless. I just want to share its beauty.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
EloSela:

I understand what apartheid is. Whatever gave you the impression that I didn't? The majority of black people live in shacks, the majority of  coloureds live in somewhat decent housing and the majority whites live in swanky apartments facing the atlantic or mansions on beautiful landscapes. This is the fallout from apartheid. From my understanding the government continues to build suitable housing for those in shacks but because some are not used to having the responsibly of living in a house i.e. paying bills they move out and build another shack which has minimum responsibility.

I hear your statement. like any other country on the AFrican continent that was colonised, most infrastucture in  african countries were built by the colonisers. The fact that they have left the countries does no mean the infrastrure of the particular country automatically claimed to be built by the locals or black African. From west africa to east Africa to Southern Africa, the majority of infrastructure were built by the colonisers. You can argue till jesus comes back, but thats the truth, like it or not. The fact is , there is no African country that has been independent for more than 70 years, except Ethiopia.

The different between RSA and the rest of the continent is that, white people are still living in South Africa. But that does not mean they are the ones who are building the infrastructure. You might have seen when you visited this country. There is construction all over the place, free ways, Airports, Stadiums, Buildings, Subways, Power plants, Dams, just to name a few. and who is building these projects? The government. its not a white man who is building this infrastructure. that is why they were opposing the construction of a Gautrain, Green Point Stadium and opposing the hosting of the World Cup. They wanted their old infrustructure to remain, so to show their superiority. White people have accepted that black people are running things now. They are just like any other citizen, no favours no nothing.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2009
EloSela:

Its not as bad as you say. When we talk about township, people think its a place where there are shacks all over the place. Generally, most of Townships have decent houses. Shacks are just there and there. There are some townships that do not have even a single shack. You can even consider them as Surbab if you put them in some african countries. 90% of Township houses are nicely build with bricks.

When you visit again EloSela, try to go to other cities like Pretoria, soweto, east rand, west rand, Durban townships, PE townships and the Vaal, you will be blown away. Dont make your judgement based on Cape Town. Cape Town was so segregated than any other place in RSA. If you make your final assesment based on the situation in Cape Town, then you will be wrong. Blacks are doing very well in SA and are running businesses just like any other poeple. Cape Town is Cape Town, it will be left behind.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by SeanT21(f): 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nice. Love to visit.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 8:34pm On Oct 29, 2009
SeanT21:

Nice. Love to visit.

Hurry up man, you just come for a week. Move around, then you will enjoy this place, very dynamic place and different from other places in the world.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by SeanT21(f): 9:25pm On Oct 29, 2009
1,2:

Hurry up man, you just come for a week. Move around, then you will enjoy this place, very dynamic place and different from other places in the world.

ohhh, someday I will pay it a visit. I am a female oo. wink
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by RSA(m): 10:01am On Oct 30, 2009
EloSela:

let me first say,the posters is showing the beautiful side of capetown,and correct me if I'm wrong every city has it's good and bad sides,and to be honest Cape town have more good than bad,that is why it's been rated the best city in Africa.Just for the record majority of capetown are coloured/mixed race/cape malays,blacks come second and whites third interm
Coloured people 48.13%
Black Africans 31%
Whites 18.75%
Asians 1.43%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Town
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by ProAnti: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2009
Beautiful pics. Nice view. Breathtaking scenery.
I think a good camera and a perfect shooting angle wld give Ikoyi a similar look.
grin
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 2:24am On Nov 01, 2009
RSA:

let me first say,the posters is showing the beautiful side of capetown,and correct me if I'm wrong every city has it's good and bad sides,and to be honest Cape town have more good than bad,that is why it's been rated the best city in Africa.Just for the record majority of capetown are coloured/mixed race/cape malays,blacks come second and whites third interm
Coloured people 48.13%
Black Africans 31%
Whites 18.75%
Asians 1.43%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Town

True that RSA, most people dont understand cape Town. The coloureds represent more number of people. There is no majority of people in cape town. Thats is why even the elections are unpredictable. Thats the only place in SA where you would not find majority of people not blacks.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by jupita: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2009
@yoruba, 1,2 : am coming over to study at ct next yr.but the cost of accomodatn is really scary.i've look thru ṣome of the hostels/dorms but the prices are too much R3000 per month.even the so called backparkers(who claim2be cheap) quote R100 per night.i reli need ur advice
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2009
jupita:

@yoruba, 1,2 : am coming over to study at ct next yr.but the cost of accomodatn is really scary.i've look thru ṣome of the hostels/dorms but the prices are too much R3000 per month.even the so called backparkers(who claim2be cheap) quote R100 per night.i reli need your advice

Jupita, those prices that you talking about are the cheapest. Cape Town is expensive. Where are you gonna be studying? If you are going to study at UCT, you should consider staying in the UCT hostels. UCT is also expensive, you need to have a sponsor. If you are going to Western Cape University or Cape Peninsula University, stay out of town, then you would travel to varsity. The CBD and its surrounding surbubs are not places for an average person. You should be loaded with cash if you wanna stay in those areas. Camps bay is beautiful, if you had money i would suggest you stay there. its nice, you won't miss home.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by jupita: 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2009
My sch is in an area called observatory.where can i get very affordable accomodatn even if it far?the person i knw stays in beauvallon village westbeach,i dont knw the distance.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 8:42pm On Nov 01, 2009
jupita:

My sch is in an area called observatory.where can i get very affordable accomodatn even if it far?the person i knw stays in beauvallon village westbeach,i dont knw the distance.

Unfortunatly i dont know the place, you need some on who really knows the place very well.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by jupita: 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2009
thanks man, but i'd love if anyone in the house could help with information.
if i could get a place i wouldnt reli mind even if its far from where my school is located.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 12:13am On Nov 02, 2009
jupita:

thanks man, but i'd love if anyone in the house could help with information.
if i could get a place i wouldnt reli mind even if its far from where my school is located.

You will get some one who really knows the place very well. If you live in that city you also need to be loaded, its not a place where you can make money, but you will loose money.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by jupita: 7:00am On Nov 02, 2009
U stay in ct.how av u survived?apart from its beauty,wots the mainstay of ct.your poṣts re really scary-am a student,apart from my tuition i wouldnt say av got loads of money at my disposal.i understand food is cheap.its the housing that gives me concern.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2009
Best stadium in the world?, I definitely think so grin grin grin grin.(Greenpoint Stadium Cape Town)

1 Like

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 11:08pm On Nov 02, 2009
jupita:

U stay in ct.how av u survived?apart from its beauty,wots the mainstay of ct.your poṣts re really scary-am a student,apart from my tuition i wouldnt say av got loads of money at my disposal.i understand food is cheap.its the housing that gives me concern.

You are damn right, the housing is a concern. The funny thing is, if you are buying a decent house in Cape Town, is cheaper than in JoBurg. Decent house in Joburg or Gauteng are expensive. I work with some one from Cape Town, The guy has 3 decent houses in Cape Flats. Each house( 3 bed room) cost him R170 000. You wont find a 3 bed room house in Gauteng for that price, no ways. A 2 bed room Houses in Gauteng start from R400 000. A 3 bed room Houses start from R500 000. The different with Cape Town is that, their suburbs houses are too expensive, they go for millions and millions. And their suburbs are closer to the CBD. If you want a decent house, you will find it away from the CBD, roughly 30 - 40 Km awa.

The Houses in the suburbs in Gauteng are not that expensive like in cape town.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by 14(m): 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2009
yoruba:

Best stadium in the world?, I definitely think so grin grin grin grin.(Greenpoint Stadium Cape Town)

Its debatebly Yoruba. I dont know about that one, maybe in the TOP 5. I am loving the one in Durban and this one. I dont have particularly favorate.
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2009
Roof at night:

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by RSA(m): 1:25pm On Nov 03, 2009
God! I lov my country cry

1 Like

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 1:14pm On Nov 04, 2009
Night views

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 1:16pm On Nov 04, 2009
Another beautiful night:

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2009
Cape flowers:

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2009
I think nobody can disagree about Cape Town being the best city in Africa. A naturally beautiful and an ultra modern City.
Truly one of a kind.

1 Like

Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by Quentin69: 10:38am On Nov 07, 2009
Wow, fantastic pictures, I love with this thread, Thanks a lot,
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 07, 2009
men!!!!!!!! see yankee for africa!

Father Lord

I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To make Nigeria a better place
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
Jesu Oluwawa!!!!!!
Amin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naija need to do something fast!
Re: Cape Town, Most Beautiful African City Pics by yoruba: 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2009
"Great things are done when men and mountains meet" - William Blake, a Capetonian at heart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yangsigang Yangtze River Bridge In China, Looking Like 'A Ladder To Heaven' / ‘Alien Like’ Fish Washes Up On Australian Beach (Pix) / What Downtown Looks Like In São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.