Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) (42726 Views)

Nigerian Navy To Use 'made In Aba' Shoes, Uniforms / Ikpeazu Delivers 'Made-In-Aba' Shoes To Obasanjo (Photos) / Obasanjo Makes Heavy Prediction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
Bujumbura:
shut up. Stop all this nonsense.

What is wrong with what he said?
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by kinibigdeal(m): 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2016
If the shoes are not made in Daura or design with cow's skin or controlled by Miyetti Allah group, PMB wont wear it
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by kinibigdeal(m): 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2016
I dont even know what Afonja are doing now.
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by anyicash(m): 9:33pm On Oct 29, 2016
mean while no road to enter that Aba market o.
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by naptu2: 9:38pm On Oct 29, 2016
This panel was very entertaining. Did you see the clash between Obasanjo and Folorunsho Alakija? Wow! I bet that she'll never ever try to take him on in public again!

"I don't know you from Adam, so how can you say I did it for no reason?"

"You can twist your face if you want to. I'm very when I see Nigerians become billionaires. I set a target that I would create 50 billionaires when I was in office. Unfortunately I failed. I created 25 billionaires and madam, I'm sure you are one of them".

And the hall gave him a standing ovation and the kids were chanting "OBJ! OBJ! OBJ!"
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Ahmadgani(m): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
order mine too Mr. president I use size 45
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Ahmadgani(m): 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2016
order mine too Mr. president I use size 44
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by omenka(m): 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
This Ikpiazu head sha- looks like one of my uncle's. grin
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by krissconnect(m): 10:01pm On Oct 29, 2016
richidinho:
Take away your bulletproof doors and replace them with made in Nigeria doors then i will take you guys serious

Nansense!
Nigerians! Even if he replaces his bullet proof doors with aba made,u wnt still be satisfied, den u'll demand he replaces his brain with aba brain. Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:08pm On Oct 29, 2016
ThumbzTNA:
If a president can wear made in Aba. who are you to think you are too big for the products

Poor quality products don't encourage patronage and that's why Nigerians cease to patronize made in Nigeria products. I can't buy something because of where it was manufactured but because of how well it was manufactured irrespective of its price because I don't want to come back soon to pay the same amount for the same product

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2016
proeast:
That's a welcome development. If China & Japan can make it, then Aba & Nnewi will make it as well.
You igbos won't learn. China and Japan are different countries. Is Aba or Nnewi a country? Nobody will ever trust Nigeria in the hands of an average igbo man mentality.
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

Poor quality products don't encourage patronage and that's why Nigerians cease to patronize made in Nigeria products. I can't buy something because of where it was manufactured but because of how well it was manufactured irrespective of its price because I don't want to come back soon to pay the same amount for the same product

The 'poor quality' tag people like you attach to made in Nigeria goods is what is killing our efforts. Not all Made in Aba goods are of poor quality.

Naturally, the cheaper the product, the lesser the quality. That goes for foreign products too. Use the same amount you used to buy a foreign shoe or even half the amount to buy a made in Aba shoe and I guarantee you the made in Aba will outlive the foreign shoe
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:17pm On Oct 29, 2016
ThumbzTNA:

The 'poor quality' tag people like you attach to made in Nigeria goods is what is killing our efforts. Not all Made in Aba goods are of poor quality.

Naturally, the cheaper the product, the lesser the quality. That goes for foreign products too. Use the same amount you used to buy a foreign shoe or even half the amount to buy a made in Aba shoe and I guarantee you the made in Aba will outlive the foreign shoe

I really wanna believe you

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2016
naptu2:
This panel was very entertaining. Did you see the clash between Obasanjo and Folorunsho Alakija? Wow! I bet that she'll never ever try to take him on in public again!

"You can twist your face if you want to. I'm very when I see Nigerians become billionaires. I set a target that I would create 50 billionaires when I was in office. Unfortunately I failed. I created 25 billionaires and madam, I'm sure you are one of them".

And the hall gave him a standing ovation and the kids were chanting "OBJ! OBJ! OBJ!"
Can we get more about what transpired?
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

I really wanna believe you

I think you should.
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by nonhuman(m): 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
BankeSmalls:
And he had to stay in Lagos, in front of the media to make the eye service order? If he wake go Aba, wetin go happen?
u that buys Italian shoes do u go to Italy to buy them
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by hothead(m): 10:29pm On Oct 29, 2016
It is soo sad that a man of this status is just buying into this....I expect him and his agemates to sell us the future of Nigeria with a semi started roadmap with consolidated wisdom of the ages. Instead, they are doing hanky panky mediocre politics. Wasting, time, energy and resources on matters than add minimal value to our general growth. Shame on them! Shame on us all too.

In the world now(the 1st World), telephone operators, bank tellers, even doctors, stockbrokers, and other skilled professionals, employed in the service sector are being rapidly displaced by technology. Because it is an evolution, other booming service sectors are being created to take up the slack and keep people proudly serving and earning decently enough. Life is such that they can concern yourselves with abstracts and discover new things. Such that they value animal life like it's human and still build orderly, functional and beautiful skyline cities even after World Wars. Did we fight any World War in Nigeria? Why is our society still such a mess?

Nigeria hasn't successfully displaced farm labor with tractors and ploughs in 2016. Do we even have sufficent factories to absorb workers, talk less of sufficient automated production factories in our manufacturing sector? It is sad that workers get displaced by shut downs and not by automation looms, whereas the automation loom ought to be the follow up. Once a program/technology is introduced into a society, what ought to follow is the inevitable development of that technology. Right? ASK YOUR SELF WHY? WHY?? AND WHY ARE WE WHERE WE ARE!!
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by jumobi1(m): 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2016
naptu2:

So presidents create billionaires? I thought they just create an environment for businesses to thrive rather than set a number of billionaires.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by naptu2: 10:52pm On Oct 29, 2016
Tosinayoko:

Can we get more about what transpired?

I didn't see much of Mrs Alakija's speech, but she basically accused Obasanjo's government of revoking her oil prospecting license.

She was giving the young entrepreneurs an example of challenges that they might face and she said that she and her family invested everything they had into that oil block and it took them 15 years to discover oil and just as they made the discovery, the government revoked their license. She had to go to court and it took several years to get it back. People who watched that part told me that she threw shades at Obasanjo.

I watched Obasanjo's speech and it was very entertaining. Obasanjo was very direct, but he softened his blows with humour.

He said that he doesn't know her from Adam, so why would he want to victimise her? He said that she probably didn't understand what happened and why she lost her license. He then went on to explain why she lost her license. She was making faces at him while he was explaining. He said that he is satisfied with what he did, but she is free to keep it in her heart if she wants and God bless her as she does so.

He concluded by saying, "I am very happy when Nigerians become billionaires. It makes me happy when Nigerians succeed. My mission when I was in office was to create 50 billionaires. Unfortunately I failed. I created 25 billionaires and you madam, I'm sure, are one of them". Then he dropped the mic as the hall gave him a standing ovation and the young entrepreneurs chanted "OBJ! OBJ! OBJ!"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by naptu2: 10:54pm On Oct 29, 2016
jumobi1:

So presidents create billionaires? I thought they just create an environment for businesses to thrive rather than set a number of billionaires.

Yes, that's what he meant, that he created an environment for Nigerian businessmen to thrive, so he couldn't have set out to frustrate Mrs Alakija.

It's the same way that governments do not necessarily go out to employ all the unemployed, but the set targets regarding the number of new jobs they want to create.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by davidif: 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

Dude, you deserve a twenty thousand gun salute for that comment.
It's so hard at times to read logical comments at times but when you come across one then it is worth it
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by davidif: 11:07pm On Oct 29, 2016
naptu2:

Yes, that's what he meant, that he created an environment for Nigerian businessmen to thrive, so he couldn't have set out to frustrate Mrs Alakija.

It's the same way that governments do not necessarily go out to employ all the unemployed, but the set targets regarding the number of new jobs they want to create.

Gbam! Gbam! Gbam!
Wow! I am surprised to see two logical economic arguments back to back on nairaland. What a day. Bros abeg chop knuckle jare, I wish I could give you a thousand likes.
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by ahamonyeka(m): 11:36pm On Oct 29, 2016
Proudly abia.

Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by chris81964(m): 5:53am On Oct 30, 2016
There should be a TV show that picks a few of these men and women and showcase their talents and products. Bloggers take note.
The media plays a role in creating awareness
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by chris81964(m): 6:01am On Oct 30, 2016
Tajbol4splend:

So you prefer to buy Chinese made junk? A lot of Nigerian manufacturers make very good quality products. We have customers who insist on Nigerian made cables when we install for them. They must know something you don't. When you let price be the primary driver you will suffer the consequence of that decision by getting inferior quality offerings.
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by jbcul4ril(m): 6:58am On Oct 30, 2016
Very happy that our Army are now patronizing made in Nigeria. If we all join hands patronise local designers, dollar will fall.
There is hope for Nigeria and it lies in our hands as a people.
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by OreMI22: 7:11am On Oct 30, 2016
Only God can save this country from propaganda.

So OBJ must announce on TV that he is buying a made in Nigeria shoe ?
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by kayalcomp: 7:51am On Oct 30, 2016
Pls, dont forget to also buy and eat made in Nigeria foodstuffs like rice, beans etc!
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Alexander22: 10:52am On Oct 30, 2016
GenBuhari:
Wonders shall never end! So Thief Obasanjo is now ambassaor of #Buy Naija ? The same criminal who tried to "sell" Nigeria ?.

He sold Oil Rich Bakassi land to Cameroon and left us nothing to show for it.

He sold any national assets and oil blocks he can lay his criminal hands on , again he left nothing to show for all these sales.

Incidentally whilst well meaning patriotic Nigerians are buying made in Nigeria Innoson SUVs vehicles , Thief Obasanjo is being praised for asking someone to send him one pair of shoes with no clarification if he intends to pay for it.
how can you say he sold bakassi All he did was honour a deal the country made years back!!!
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2016
richidinho:
Take away your bulletproof doors and replace them with made in Nigeria doors then i will take you guys serious

Nansense!

Relax,it's like saying delete your comment,throw away your phone and join nairaland with a Nigerian made phone

Kolewerk!
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 30, 2016
If they really want to help, then they should put a very high tax on foreign shoes. That way more people will start wearing local shoes
Re: Obasanjo Makes Order For Made-In-Aba Shoes (Photos) by seenter84: 11:54am On Oct 30, 2016
Dat shoe way no day comfortable.

Africa barely gives you comfort

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni / Osinbajo Walks On Kpako Bridge Due To Flood (Pictured) / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.