Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m (11130 Views)

$550m Abacha Loot: Fed Govt Set To Clear Hurdles / US Blocks $550m Sani Abacha Loot / Repatriation Of $550m Abacha Loot: U.S Court Clears Legal Hurdle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Kingbuhari(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2016
Buhari and his cronies are clown.... the dullard is look for an excuse to visit space station... hahahaha Buhari is a coward
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by joinnow: 9:54am On Oct 30, 2016
NaijaMutant:
How did this man become a minister for ICT in this modern internet and Yahoo Yahoo era undecided

What's a man that's supposed to be in a village shrine doing in ICT
Exactly
When other countries ICT minister are in their thirties to fourties
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 30, 2016
divinehand2003:
All those satellites that we've shot into space, what benefits have Nigerians gained from it?
Advances in communication, space technology, GIS and Remote Sensing,..

2 Likes

Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by nemich59: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2016
this man's face and his position nor tally at all cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by verocharles(m): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2016
this is a misplaced priority. in as much I voted for the president. we don't need such in this economic recession.
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Bom4Real: 10:22am On Oct 30, 2016
Buhari and his men r seriously looking for a way to siphone our money,who is talking about another Sat with huge amount when they one that was fixed disappeared from the outer space
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by sleekyjay(m): 10:29am On Oct 30, 2016
harmbhrosz:
so for una mind now the oil producing states are part of biafra abi?

You guys should stick with your Biafra, we Niger Deltans don't want your Biafra biko

lol, we?
oga Abeg speak for urself...
when the moving train passes if u still wanna dwell with Nigeria, OYO as for we the "Other People" biafra is bae #kizzez

2 Likes

Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2016
APC is dedicating one satellite to the scanning of nairaland, the other one will focus on avengers!
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Pylony(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2016
grin “We need just about 550 million dollars to acquire two new satellites" They make's it look like a chicken change, then they will come up complaining the nation is in recession. What a funny bunch of clowns in Govermenent. Did the first Communication satellite able to bridge the gap, solving our communication needs?? This should be the question ever Nigerian is busy asking. As we keep failing to ask, we should not expect any accountability when they launch our common wealth into space.
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by centboy123456(m): 11:31am On Oct 30, 2016
harmbhrosz:

You guys should stick with your Biafra, we Niger Deltans don't want your Biafra biko

Oga am form Niger Deltans and I must tell u Niger
Deltas we are past of biafra and we are biafra like it or not we are baifra and together we will get there biaifra must stand no matter what if u like mob ban me I don't care biafra must come
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Nairastake: 11:34am On Oct 30, 2016
harmbhrosz:

Common shut up osiso... Kids of nowadays sef... Do you know the oil producing states in Nigeria? Mention the states that made up SS and SE... Better go face your book and leave issues like this for mature minds.

Isi di gi ka isi Niger Deltans
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Kyllahmc(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2016
harmbhrosz:

so what do you want?
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Kyllahmc(m): 11:49am On Oct 30, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Can you kindly mention the Biafra States ??
Leave that indomie kid... He doesnt even know that naijadelta fought very hard in the biafra war
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by yedidiah(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
Abeg, what have we achieved from the ones we have now?
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by overhypedsteve(m): 12:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
Ramon92:
Nice one coming from our amiable minister and the FG. Our own satellite flash can store data.. First of its kind in Africa...
its not meant for storing data the honourable minister was misinterpreted. The satellite will be the power of the Nigerian smart city drive. Which involves the connection of CCTV camera's in major cities the satellite would transfer the footages to a innoson operated cloud storage system which is the reason innoson signed a recent billion dollar ICT agreements with China. I hope I ve tried to enlighten you?
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by iloveafonja: 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
Senate should make this minister to explain, comprehensively, the benefit of the existing Nigerian satellites to the ordinary people of Nigeria before agreeing that we need another two at this period of recession angry angry

But again, who are those senators, they are the same set of tabula-raster embarassed embarassed
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by iloveafonja: 12:31pm On Oct 30, 2016
overhypedsteve:
its not meant for storing data the honourable minister was misinterpreted. The satellite will be the power of the Nigerian smart city drive. Which involves the connection of CCTV camera's in major cities the satellite would transfer the footages to a innoson operated cloud storage system which is the reason innoson signed a recent billion dollar ICT agreements with China. I hope I ve tried to enlighten you?
CCTV contract with China again? Is the CCTV in Abuja now working?

Somebody should please tell our learned honorable minister that we are in a recession and we can not afford to throw away $550m now!
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by sapientia(m): 12:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
Is Nigeria not yet ready for independence?

I wonder how from 1960, we have been going down the hill no climbing...

Not only can they not manage existing resources, they are also experts at wasting it...

I mean all the governments from 1960 till now.

Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by persius555(m): 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2016
This minister has goofed.

1 Like

Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by iloveafonja: 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
oluamid:

I taya oo. This minister needs to update himself. What happens to building our own satellite if truly we need it? Abi we no get the man power and know-how no? Why plunge the country into another debt just to shoot something that will soon 'get missing' in the next two years into the sky?
Imagine, always buying and to think that more than five people were sent to Surrey to study satellite technology at very huge cost to the tax-payers!! Are they now saying that those they sent to study satellite technology the other time failed or they did not learn anything? It is obvious they went to Surrey to enjoy themselves, aimless country angry sad embarassed
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
now the fg is a stupiid iidiot, money wey them suppose use subsidize exchange rate thats what they want to use to buy satellite. who satellite wan epp?
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by CosmeticChemist(m): 2:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
grin
Bujumbura:
Shittu is supposed to be the Chief Imam of Ibadan Mosque and not a minister of communications

lmao
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by simi4me(m): 3:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
so in summary, what the minister is saying is that at this time of recession, we will be throwing $550 million into outer space for safe keeping?
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Decibel: 3:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
crotonite:
lol...2 additional satelites to STORE information cheesy.
someone shld tell this boka what satelites are used for...lmoa cheesy
That's what you get when a herdsman is in power cheesy
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
Decibel:
That's what you get when a herdsman is in power cheesy
grin...grin
Ur name though, it reminds me of a scary maths formular.
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by JustMacks222: 5:01pm On Oct 30, 2016
divinehand2003:
All those satellites that we've shot into space, what benefits have Nigerians gained from it?

Maybe dam wan2 give us free browsing
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Zetra(m): 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
it's a goo d idea but in a wrong timing...
for Nigeria to grow fast and meet others in ICT as a nation, government show just sell the ICT ministry (section of nigeria) to private sector to decide.

meanwhile hope Aliens will not steal these ones again the way OBJ said that one of our Satellite disappeared
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by bantudra: 6:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
why..i thought we can build them ourselves...

our sciencetists are useless...
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by IYANGBALI: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
and they tolded us that we doesn't have money. All liar will go to hell fire cry cry
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by VeecThorr(m): 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Instead of them to find ways to lower the price of bag of rice,they're buying satellites upandan.
Re: FG To Purchase 2 Additional Satellites For Nigcomsat At $550m by Samtob90(m): 7:30pm On Oct 30, 2016
NaijaMutant:
How did this man become a minister for ICT in this modern internet and Yahoo Yahoo era undecided

What's a man that's supposed to be in a village shrine doing in ICT

I want to advise you to always pass sensible comment because based on the topic and the proposition of the minister, I don't understand your reasoning here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Taraba, Middle Belt Groups Reject Army Panel Report On Danjuma’s Allegation / Soludo Denies Threatening Workers With Pay Cut For Obeying Ipob’s Order / Who? Is Best Governor South - East Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.