Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,992 members, 7,859,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:35 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (987399 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:01am On Mar 17, 2017
Na wa. O di egwu oh. We thank God for His mercies and grace. grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:20am On Mar 17, 2017
ladee1:

If I have my mind made up I won't be here asking questions, we are seeking clarification where there are grey areas, it's confusing cos the WIC office in texas requested for details of the family member am staying with and how much she earns etc. I remember how change of intent letter was the only saving grace for the Nigerian I boarded flight with, matters like this should be discussed so others can learn and do what is right #notmakingconclusionorcastingblames# Thanks

My dear calm down. Congrats on the little ones.

To be honest, stay away from WIC and any financial aid provided by the government. You have no permanent residence in the U.S. Even if your host agrees to sign for you, it'll come back to bite you in the ass.
Like someone already suggested, go negotiate bill down and set up payment plan. Arguing with folks on here is not going to be productive to you at all because you clearly did fire brigade moves. No due diligence at all.
So accept your mistake and focus on the RIGHT LEGAL way to sort it out.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by customised87: 10:35am On Mar 17, 2017
ladee1:

If I have my mind made up I won't be here asking questions, we are seeking clarification where there are grey areas, it's confusing cos the WIC office in texas requested for details of the family member am staying with and how much she earns etc. I remember how change of intent letter was the only saving grace for the Nigerian I boarded flight with, matters like this should be discussed so others can learn and do what is right #notmakingconclusionorcastingblames# Thanks

Most of us that gave birth in US also had to deal with this very issue of WIC. Thats because those at the hospital in US find it hard to believe that it will affect you in any way,so they keep pushing and cajoling you to get it thinking they are helping you. Sister, pls pick race cos you are the one that will suffer it in the end.

On the contrary though, its possible we here are just being insecure...if you try it and it does not affect you negatively in future, pls do well to share on this thread to keep the ministry moving.

Congrats!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 10:37am On Mar 17, 2017
sunshine5050:
I have been a silent reader and was able to get most of the info I needed for my missionary journey from here. Thanks to all. My current challenge is that I had my baby girl at Ben Taub Hospital in Houston on 27 of Dec 2016 and the bills I'm getting are quite on the high side compared to what I heard about the hospital and compared to other hospitals. Please please please anyone that has successfully used this hospital kindly help me on how to go about the bills. Thanks.
@Ladee 1, maybe you can look up d mama i quoted her post, maybe she can be of help.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2017
customised87:

Most of us that gave birth in US also had to deal with this very issue of WIC. Thats because those at the hospital in US find it hard to believe that it will affect you in any way,so they keep pushing and cajoling you to get it thinking they are helping you. Sister, pls pick race cos you are the one that will suffer it in the end.

On the contrary though, its possible we here are just being insecure...if you try it and it does not affect you negatively in future, pls do well to share on this thread to keep the ministry moving.

Congrats!

People hardly i mean hardly do that because of shame and for the fat that they don't want to suffer alone. They will get another ID to continue posting here.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 11:06am On Mar 17, 2017
On Mrs. Ladee1's issue, i just searched for this Ben Taub and i cant find a concrete info to hold on to on billings from past users, even their experiences sef get kleg, which boils down to our level of preparedness for dis capital project, its expensive and nt for the faint at heart. If u want to go down dis lane, u better tie ur wrapper very well (as my people will say) and wen peeps advise that u read instead of asking emergency questions, save urself d stress and read thoroughly.

Ladee1, i'll advise that u allow ur hubby do all d calling and visits to d finance dept for you to negotiate the bills, for WIC and medicaid, follow ur conscience, and pls note that wat worked for A may not always work for B.

Wish you the best and waiting for ur story at d end.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by SanMinato: 11:14am On Mar 17, 2017
mulberry:

If you have account in Union bank, then u can get from any of their branches in Lagos now

And having an account with Union Bank is a easy as ABC. You don't need to go to any office... Just download the Union Bank mobile app on your device and peruse.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aprilborn: 11:33am On Mar 17, 2017
goodmorning everyone, please I have a question mbok, my sis had a visiting visa in 2012 used it twice and renewed and used for vacation again in 2015 and in 2016 wtd to use it for delivery (chai we didn't know abt notification of intent then) so she just travelled early and used Chicago poe, well she was stamped in but sent to sec insp(because her return ticket was for a week; a mistake we also took for granted) and read her chat on her phone with a friend abt hosp details and all and found out oh she was preg and sent her back, visa cancelled. my aunt who she was to stay with got a lawyer for her and the matter was resolved tho and the lawyer asked her to apply for another visa. my qst now is should she apply alone or with hubby and her 2 kids? she is really scared she may not be granted visa again.. thankyou fam
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2017
Lool i dont think its a discount or insurance thing o because i asked and they said its for self pay and they call it miracle moment for birthing.. so i think its a special name for their maternity package

Oloye12345:
My people!

Abeg oo...which one is 'Miracle Moments' again? I got an e-mail from HNWC and they stated that we will be registered for the 'Miracle Moment' program to pay $2K for hospital bill in full. I hope is not one of those insurance wahala? I don't need USA financial aids oo..

Thanks so share more info.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 11:44am On Mar 17, 2017
Aprilborn:
goodmorning everyone, please I have a question mbok, my sis had a visiting visa in 2012 used it twice and renewed and used for vacation again in 2015 and in 2016 wtd to use it for delivery (chai we didn't know abt notification of intent then) so she just travelled early and used Chicago poe, well she was stamped in but sent to sec insp(because her return ticket was for a week; a mistake we also took for granted) and read her chat on her phone with a friend abt hosp details and all and found out oh she was preg and sent her back, visa cancelled. my aunt who she was to stay with got a lawyer for her and the matter was resolved tho and the lawyer asked her to apply for another visa. my qst now is should she apply alone or with hubby and her 2 kids? she is really scared she may not be granted visa again.. thankyou fam

Resolved how?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 11:49am On Mar 17, 2017
go to google map, type oakbend hospital and the address and zoom in to see things around the area.You will find hotels and inns which you could take down and look up.Alternatively use Airbnb

bomly:
Finding a short stay accommodation is an issue for me

please anyone whom have stayed closed to richmond houston

any recommendation?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:50am On Mar 17, 2017
Aprilborn:

How did the lawyer resolve the matter?

She clearly didn't state her true intentions at POE. Americans frown at misrepresentation.

If you ask me, I'd say have the baby in Nigeria and reapply alone to clear herself at the embassy. Or reapply for a medical visa using all necessary documents

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:55am On Mar 17, 2017
anonymousmum:

Resolved how?

Me sef de wonder.

This chicago people held person because of 1 week ticket. Still collected phone! Haba! You stay 1 month quarrel. U stay 1 week still quarrel. It is just to jejeje avoid them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ojceskills(m): 11:55am On Mar 17, 2017
Dont know if this the the email of the financial counselor but this person sent me my quote from the hospital so you can try

shelly.braham@coniferhealth.com

boldbabe:
Good day mamas, please i am asking on behalf of my friend as i am still ttc baby nos 2. Please i need the email address of the financial counselor for Houston North West hospital. Have called Dr Nicholas's office and got their quote but i have been calling the hospital since this week and when they transfer the call to the financial department, it tells me the email address to send a mail too. But i cant seem to get the correct spelling of the email address and i dont want to make mistakes, hence my plea. Thanks mamas.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aprilborn: 11:56am On Mar 17, 2017
ok. the lawyer wrote an appeal so her visa cancellation can be revoked stating reasons on how she was treated becos she was with a 1yr old on 14hr flight and sent back immediately wasn't fair becos she pleaded with them to let her go in and atleast stay for the one week and leave becos of her preg and baby but the refused, so they replied and said it wasn't possible but she can reapply(that's how it was resolved) thanku
anonymousmum:

Resolved how?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:57am On Mar 17, 2017
debby516:
On Mrs. Ladee1's issue, i just searched for this Ben Taub and i cant find a concrete info to hold on to on billings from past users, even their experiences sef get kleg, which boils down to our level of preparedness for dis capital project, its expensive and nt for the faint at heart. If u want to go down dis lane, u better tie ur wrapper very well (as my people will say) and wen peeps advise that u read instead of asking emergency questions, save urself d stress and read thoroughly.

Ladee1, i'll advise that u allow ur hubby do all d calling and visits to d finance dept for you to negotiate the bills, for WIC and medicaid, follow ur conscience, and pls note that wat worked for A may not always work for B.

Wish you the best and waiting for ur story at d end.

Justwise ruptured the posts. People have posted their bills
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 12:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
Aprilborn:
ok. the lawyer wrote an appeal so her visa cancellation can be revoked stating reasons on how she was treated becos she was with a 1yr old on 14hr flight and sent back immediately wasn't fair becos she pleaded with them to let her go in and atleast stay for the one week and leave becos of her preg and baby but the refused, so they replied and said it wasn't possible but she can reapply(that's how it was resolved) thanku

So how did he win the appeal if they refused? If he did, there would have been a letter sent to her adnitting thag she was wrongfully treated which she would take to the embassy. Of which there isn't...

With or without a lawyer, she could still reapply and state her case to the visa officer.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aprilborn: 12:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
I never said she won the appeal sis, I said it was resolved because the sent her a mail to reapply for a visa. im only asking if she should apply with her kids or with her hubby and kids.
nefertitiram:

So how did he win the appeal if they refused? If he did, there would have been a letter sent to her adnitting thag she was wrongfully treated which she would take to the embassy. Of which there isn't...

With or without a lawyer, she could still reapply and state her case to the visa officer.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2017
Aprilborn:

You said it was resolved, and we are saying that that is not a resolution.

To answer your question, I would advise she applies alone. The matter already has k leg no need involving her hubby and kids.

Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aprilborn: 12:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
ok. thankyou.
anonymousmum:

You said it was resolved, and we are saying that that is not a resolution.

To answer your question, I would advise she applies alone. The matter already has k leg no need involving her hubby and kids.

Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hahahaha mehn Nerf and Anonymousmum yall ain't playing today. No time for nonsense cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Aprilborn: 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
my dear she has born tey tey, na last year matter, d didn't ask her qsts per say, she was with my other sister and she was d one they qst asper why d were there o, the main reason they sent them for isnp was becos d both had $20k on them, so it was for the money to be confirmed and the oversabi person now went further to qst why they were there for a week and had soo much cash on them. it is well.
nefertitiram:

How did the lawyer resolve the matter?

She clearly didn't state her true intentions at POE. Americans frown at misrepresentation.

If you ask me, I'd say have the baby in Nigeria and reapply alone to clear herself at the embassy. Or reapply for a medical visa using all necessary documents
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladee1: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2017
sunshine5050:
I have been a silent reader and was able to get most of the info I needed for my missionary journey from here. Thanks to all. My current challenge is that I had my baby girl at Ben Taub Hospital in Houston on 27 of Dec 2016 and the bills I'm getting are quite on the high side compared to what I heard about the hospital and compared to other hospitals. Please please please anyone that has successfully used this hospital kindly help me on how to go about the bills. Thanks.

Hi mum
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldbabe: 2:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
ojceskills:

Dont know if this the the email of the financial counselor but this person sent me my quote from the hospital so you can try

shelly.braham@coniferhealth.com

Thank you very much dear mama. This is the email i am looking for because I keep hearing that i am on leave but send a mail to Shelly@........ over the phone but cannot pick the other words. I sincerely appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 3:39pm On Mar 17, 2017
Aprilborn:
my dear she has born tey tey, na last year matter, d didn't ask her qsts per say, she was with my other sister and she was d one they qst asper why d were there o, the main reason they sent them for isnp was becos d both had $20k on them, so it was for the money to be confirmed and the oversabi person now went further to qst why they were there for a week and had soo much cash on them. it is well.

Lol. The cbp officer is not oversabi. Your sisters are the ones who didn't get their stories right. They planned to do wuru wuru to enter. How can you book 1 week ticket with 20k cash? Haba! Anyway hopefully she's learnt her lesson to be truthful next time and not try to "guy" a guyman. Also getting a lawyer was actually a waste of time becoz I learnt one can't appeal a decision made by an immigration officer. That having a visa doesn't guarantee one entry to the U.S. Entry is solely at the discretion of the cbp officer that meets you at the border.
Any how, she can reapply ALONE (before they think she wan abscond with her family grin ) and be ready to give good reason for lying the 1st time and what has changed, and how she has learnt her lesson. Hopefully them go give am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vamum: 3:52pm On Mar 17, 2017
ladee1:

The bolded is validation that WIC is NOT for visitors. they will be recording the person hosting you as the head of the household most likely and will be including you in the count of number in the family. These are all tactics to cheat/beat the system. Please listen to the advice of all the other mums. Anything you need to fill a form for that is not free on a table that you just pick and go is funded by some sort of agency (government or otherwise) and is most likely for legal aliens, USC and other immigrants that are not fortunate to be able to afford it.
Take time off to rest, God is your strength. Congratulations on the babies!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2017
A 5 year ban 'could' have been revoked...

nefertitiram:

So how did he win the appeal if they refused? If he did, there would have been a letter sent to her admitting that she was wrongfully treated which she would take to the embassy. Of which there isn't...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
boldinc:
A 5 year ban 'could' have been revoked...

I considered that too but from my understanding these guys will tell you you can apply, but they know they are not going to give you due to the ban.

Methinks they got a standard response.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 4:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
Shawbabe:
Hahahaha mehn Nerf and Anonymousmum yall ain't playing today. No time for nonsense cheesy

Lol. No time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (416)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.