Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (981702 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MamaOO: 9:19am On Mar 18, 2017
YETI28:
That's why am asking na.. What if you are going for a vacation and the infant u are carrying has d American passport. I min what possible questions can come up. Since u know d hospital bill of that infant,u covered some and chip did the rest....
I understand you a bit. But your posts as still sketchy a bit in the sense that I don't know what transpired that made you take CHIP. Okay, answer these question so I can really understand your situation..
1. When did you have the baby and was that when you collected the CHIP?
2. Have you been to the US since then?
3. Have you tried renewung the visa you used to have the baby then?
4. Did you get your visa for Childbirth or just visiting. If it was just visiting.. did you send the change of intent letter thingy? Did you declare at the POE that you are coming to have a baby when you came?
5. How much was indicated on your zero balance thing and also your receipt as the total amount you paid with cash?

No vex for all my questions abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YETI28: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2017
MamaOO:

I understand you a bit. But your posts as still sketchy a bit in the sense that I don't know what transpired that made you take CHIP. Okay, answer these question so I can really understand your situation..
1. When did you have the baby and was that when you collected the CHIP?
2. Have you been to the US since then?
3. Have you tried renewung the visa you used to have the baby then?
4. Did you get your visa for Childbirth or just visiting. If it was just visiting.. did you send the change of intent letter thingy? Did you declare at the POE that you are coming to have a baby when you came?
5. How much was indicated on your zero balance thing and also your receipt as the total amount you paid with cash?

No vex for all my questions abeg.

I had my baby last year and had d chip, yes I declared going to have my baby, no after then I haven't gone to the states, and my visa is still valid
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omosubo: 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
Hello, please i sent you a message. Could you help send the message you sent to the embassy as change of intent
bepop:
Thank you very much. I didnt i got confirmed i was pregnant the month i got the visa. i was never asked also at the interview if i was pregnant. I wrote a letter of change of intent as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omosubo: 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
Hello, Please could you send the format for the change of intent letter,
opegirl:
Hello All, have been a silent member of this forum but I know it was God and the information I learnt from this wonderful group that made me prepare well.

To my P.O.E experience:
I travelled on the 29th of January via turkish airline at 33weeks 5days to IAD Washington. The trip was a long one with my 2+ son acting all spoilt saying Mummy carry through out the flight duration but was okay.
Got to Washington around 7pm and the airport was scanty. I was able to jump the line because of my condition.

CBP: What are you here for
Me: Child birth
CBP: Do you have a Hospital and a doctor
Me: Yes and I showed him my doctors correspondence and my hospital receipt since I already made payment while in naija
CBP: How did you make your payment
Me: Online
CBP: Where do I work
Me: blah blah
CBP: When was the last time you visited the U.S
Me: 2015
CBP: Do I have a relative here
Me: Yes, my sis
CBP: pls put your fingers on the scanner

And when I was through he told me to go.
I didnt bother checking my passport not until I took my son to the convenience and I realised we both weren't stamped in, didn't want to go back to him before I hear stories that touch the heart I eventually pickled out luggages from the carousel And as we were about exiting I met another set of CBP, who directed Na to a room. At first I thought I was goin to Agric. I Was there more than an hour until my name was called.

2nd CBP : You're here for child birth
Me: Yes
CBP: Do you have a doctor and hospital
Me: Told him what I told the 1st CBP
Basically all the questions were apart from when he said I can see you notify the embassy about your change of intent, that's a good one. Can I see the emails. I showed him the hardcopy of the email I sent and the response from the embassy. And he said just make sure you pay your other bills and you have your zero balance receipts before you leave. Have a safe delivery and welcome to America.

So please and please whether the change of intent has been bastardize or not try and have a copy. It's better to have it when asked than to regret not having it.

Thank you nairaland and God bless every contributor.Even though am in the usa now I Still dont miss reading the forum.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
desoul:

so all of una balance for background since dey pip..hmmmmmmm OK oooooo quntinu..longest time chloe7
Lool , na really long time o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dazzle86(f): 3:45pm On Mar 18, 2017
Hello everybody. Please i am a jjc here. Please i have a question to ask. How much should one have in their domiciliary account to be granted a US visa for delivery.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Flawless1988: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2017
Omosubo:
Hello, Please could you send the format for the change of intent letter,
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dtush(f): 5:55pm On Mar 18, 2017
Dazzle86:
Hello everybody. Please i am a jjc here. Please i have a question to ask. How much should one have in their domiciliary account to be granted a US visa for delivery.

Thanks

Its not compulsory you av money in a dom account. It shld be you regular bank account (savings or current) or even in an investment dat will mature by the time you are embarking on your trip. Just make sure you av enuf to cover ur expenses as shown in your budget sheet with a little more after that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DrPrincess: 7:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
Pls have u also paid to Oakbend? And if yes, was it through form A as well?
Iyabeji12:

Dr D aka Dr D Z. I'm not sure we're allowed to quote their full names here. Google obgyns affiliated to Oakbend. That's how I was able to deduce his full name from his initials used on this forum. I'm a June mum. I paid him via form A last week. He will only release acceptance letter and his bank details after you've paid a non refundable deposit of $200. He will however deduct that from your full bill. I had to get someone in the US to make that deposit for me then i made the balance payment via form A. You can pm me if you need more details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iyabeji12(f): 7:23pm On Mar 18, 2017
DrPrincess:
Pls have u also paid to Oakbend? And if yes, was it through form A as well?

I've paid Oakbend but not with Form A. Sent cash to someone in the US to make the payment for me. To the best of my knowledge Oakbend doesn't accept transfers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blue355: 7:53pm On Mar 18, 2017
@Iyabeji12

Hi,
I'm also a June mom.
Pls have you sorted out Accomodation arrangements?

Any info I can benefit from?

I have just contacted 2 places but I don't have reviews on them yet

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by DrPrincess: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
Alright. Thanks for the reply.
Iyabeji12:

I've paid Oakbend but not with Form A. Sent cash to someone in the US to make the payment for me. To the best of my knowledge Oakbend doesn't accept transfers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by iphy222: 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2017
M[quote author=bomly post=54494052]

Hello Good evening,PLS have u sent ur notification of Intent to d embassy and received reply?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Iyabeji12(f): 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
blue355:
@Iyabeji12

Hi,
I'm also a June mom.
Pls have you sorted out Accomodation arrangements?

Any info I can benefit from?

I have just contacted 2 places but I don't have reviews on them yet

Sorry.. no info on accommodation. I'll be staying with a family member
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bubelahot: 10:05pm On Mar 18, 2017
Una welldone oo.
Me I just Dey resting mode since.
Abeg for people way do Dropbox, how long does it take the embassy to reply . I am planning to renew my visa be4 time go pass oo.
Thanks
To all the mamas way Dey plan travel....
May God see you all thru. Wish you a pleasant POE experience smiley and safe delivery(s)...

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 11:10pm On Mar 18, 2017
bubelahot:
Una welldone oo.
Abeg for people way do Dropbox, how long does it take the embassy to reply . I am planning to renew my visa be4 time go pass oo.
Thanks
May God see you all thru. Wish you a pleasant POE experience smiley and safe delivery(s)...

Most cases drop box takes averagely 1wk,but in some extreme cases it extends more than that but rare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drfdee: 11:34pm On Mar 18, 2017
I tink it's better to use form A for hospital or Dr den PTA for cash u can hold

PrinceAdeAde:

Congrats. Please at what weeks was your wife during travel? Emirates seems to be the cheapest fligth available however the restriction of 33 weeks ko le work

Hello Everyone,

Please who has successfully used PTA to pay for either doc or hospital here o. Someone mentioned Dr D but dont know who that is. Wont mind some more details
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by domrita: 5:18am On Mar 19, 2017
iphiechuks:
wat's d issue dat you are having? Sorry dear I don't know how d pm thing works. Meanwhile I don't think you have any trouble renewing, Trump era I think is not stopping them from doing their job. Mine was renewed for another 2 yrs. good luck dear.
Ok thanks can u kindly email me drchiomaigwe@gmail.com Pls I need to ask some questions and I don't know how I can reach you. Thanks@iphiechuks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dazzle86(f): 6:30am On Mar 19, 2017
dtush:

Its not compulsory you av money in a dom account. It shld be you regular bank account (savings or current) or even in an investment dat will mature by the time you are embarking on your trip. Just make sure you av enuf to cover ur expenses as shown in your budget sheet with a little more after that

Thank you very much. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bubelahot: 6:39am On Mar 19, 2017
Babatwi:

Most cases drop box takes averagely 1wk,but in some extreme cases it extends more than that but rare.
Thanks dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by modath(f): 6:49am On Mar 19, 2017
bubelahot:
Una welldone oo.
Thanks

5-10 days... Mine was ready in 5days or so..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dazzle86(f): 6:54am On Mar 19, 2017
desoul:
missionary journey concluded...I shared DW POE experience,I notified my E family when our LO arrived..now the breakdown of everything.
virginal delivery.
hospital.. Medical Center of McKinney Texas
hospital fee..2500$
doctors fee...2000$
test and others..1000$
did not use epidural as the baby came within an Hour.
did US passport in two days 165$
successfully used the visa on arrival, got approval from immigration HQ abuja,scanned it to DW and she printed..infant ticket on emirate 74$...the journey was long but we give God the glory for safe trip..Emirate did not come to abuja,so she landed at MMIA lagos..paid the visa on arrival fee of 200$..booked air peace to abuja.Thank you guys for always being there...I really appreciate her host,. you are such an amazing father.God bless you, to my darling wife,even when I was not there you made the right decision at the right times.my love for you just increased *kisses...am going to take legal action against Emirates for dropping her at Lagos and not providing connecting flight to abuja..second missionary journey preparation loading..nairalanders you guys rock!!!!

HELLo sir, please i have some questions to ask you.

1. What steps did you take to secure a hospital in texas.
2, Did your dw stay with a relative or Did you rent an accomodation.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bubelahot: 8:32am On Mar 19, 2017
modath:

5-10 days... Mine was ready in 5days or so..
Dalu ...
Thank you....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 11:09am On Mar 19, 2017
baeboss:

I'm due in May. Pls can we connect. Thank u

Hey Mama..how are you? Hit me up via email. Let's chat . Hope you got in okay?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debbyomi(f): 11:38am On Mar 19, 2017
desoul:
missionary journey concluded...I shared DW POE experience,I notified my E family when our LO arrived..now the breakdown of everything.
virginal delivery.
hospital.. Medical Center of McKinney Texas
hospital fee..2500$
doctors fee...2000$
test and others..1000$
did not use epidural as the baby came within an hour

Hi...Please did you have to pay for pediatrician or did the hospital fee cover that? Also can you share the name of the doctor your wife used. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.