Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977294 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 9:32pm On Mar 29, 2017
Derinoye:
Hello shawbabe thanks for d response but let me clarify sometins to you i applied last year early november planning to travel by early december with hubby to visit and have a nice time for jst 2 weeks and come bck i didnt even realize i was pregnant then but we couldnt secure appointment in nov\december till january 3rd we had to write to dem to postpone our travel date to january but by den i was aware of my pregnancy and i had resolved that if asked i wl tell dem d truth jst dat i wasnt, so how is DAT my fault and I declared the budget to be a little above $15000 for v.delivery and $17000 for c.s mayb u dnt understand d 15k and 17 k resp I jst had to shorten my words so as not to prolong d post. Thanks

You asked what we think you did wrong. That's what I think.....credibility.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by njidekachi: 10:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
What's that all about madam shawbabe. Here is not an english class, pls take it some where else. U could have passed ur comment without insulting words as seen on the highlighted

[quote author=Shawbabe post=55079087]I had a hard time understanding your text. [Like you have a problem with using the word "did"? Really bad English] But that's not why we are here...

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by jesufifunmi: 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
njidekachi:
What's that all about madam shawbabe. Here is not an english class, pls take it some where else. U could have passed ur comment without insulting words as seen on the highlighted

*Sips tea* cool

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2017
@Shawbabe is it the pregnancy or you're naturally just like this? How is it doing you sef? Rude much.

31 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 1:07am On Mar 30, 2017
damsell:
@Shawbabe is it the pregnancy or you're naturally just like this? How is it doing you sef? Rude much.

While I'm not condoning Shawbabe's language, you and Njideka are both doing what you're accusing her of!

Please let's try to be civil to one another and not take everything personally. Someone asked for help on a public forum and it was given. If there are other remedies you can suggest, by all means go ahead and offer it. One love!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dxbconnection(f): 2:18am On Mar 30, 2017
[quote author=Shawbabe post=55079087]I had a hard time understanding your text. Like you have a problem with using the word "did"? Really bad English. But that's not why we are here...

.....to be honest your wrong doing was not declaring in January your purpose for applying. Yes you were not asked but here you are again in March now declaring child birth? Nne even if I was the VO I would say in my mind you think we are stupid.
Secondly, your answer for budget is not YOUR budget. You quoted what you've heard. Saying "above 15K" could mean $1 million. Your answers to these questions comes across "guymanish" to me oh. So my guess is you were not credible enough for the VO. Coupled with all the errors you and Oga keep making in your applications, the thing appears like a joke to you people or desperate to them.

Since you know her English is not why you are here why even bring it up. And for the records, her words were very clear and I, and I'm sure everyone else understood clearly. Keyboard warriors.

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 6:16am On Mar 30, 2017
To be honest poorly written posts are confusing to read and can be a major pet peeve but Madam Shaw, sofry sofry. Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 6:53am On Mar 30, 2017
anonymousmum:
To be honest poorly written posts are confusing to read and can be a major pet peeve but Madam Shaw, sofry sofry. Lol

Lol are you minding the voltrons. This is why Nigeria is stagnant. We no dey take correction when it comes to education.
I had a really hard time deciphering what she wrote. With all the abbreviations....it was killing to the eyes. I had to read it out to understand it. That's seriously bad English. Still I provided my thoughts on her transcript.

Anybody who has a problem with what I think about her English should come and beat me grin. Na to jump out and attack Shawbabe, una no fit provide insight to her plea oh. Yall totally ignored that one.
Talking about "everyone else understood her post"....my ass! So you understood it and didn't respond to her? Eziokwu!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by julzz(f): 7:02am On Mar 30, 2017
Enyinne:
Pls Biko ,before talking get ur facts right and read up before u comment . I bought my ticket with my miles thru Qatar office vi and not thru agent . But d agent keep saying this thing about Qatar not flying to USA as they hv been banned from entry with few other airlines . I hv enquired from Qatar they denied of such rumor going around ..hence my decision to find out from real people if what d agent is saying is true or not .

I think what I read about Qatar and some other airlines (etihad,turkish,Emirates,Egypt,royal air maroc) is "tablets, laptop and co being banned from the cabin for there flights going to US"

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 7:36am On Mar 30, 2017
Iflyhigh:

Thank you very much. But do you think i also need to notify the consulate of my intentions?

I don't think it's absolutely necessary,but you can if you have a leading to do so.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutieb(f): 8:35am On Mar 30, 2017
hello dear,
i had my interview yesterday and am 6months gone....i actually applied for B2 visa..will share my experience soon..watch out for it...am using Houston Northwest hospitaland hosp bill is $2000 and Doctor's fee is also $2000
TashaStPatrik:

Woo am serious here jor.. Are u not aware that POWER is out of season for now?? Mbok reading the whole thread from part 1 is like preparing for IELTS. Those that have passed this stage, help a lil sister out na.. Name of hospital and Doctor's name if possible. Anywhere around Houston... i read Houston is quite affordable).. The question is the requirements to get a visa coz am like 4 months gone at the moment and already have a swollen stomach ( obvious that i am pregnant).. PLs naaaa am sure one person can just answer these questions..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 8:40am On Mar 30, 2017
Shawbabe:
Una no go hear. Quit going to agents like wakanow to buy your tickets. YOU CAN CONTACT THE AIRLINE DIRECTLY. It is at least 10K cheaper.
These agents put their own fees in top the ticket then give you hassle when you try to change dates or amend your reservation. I don't understand how an intelligent person that can use phone and internet will be going totravel agent to book ticket?? Anyway una get money to be dashing them

Its amazing how some pple just turn themselves to keyboard warriors. How can a grown adult come to a faceless forum and say 'I don't understand how an intelligent person that can use phone and internet will be going to travel agent to book ticket??'. That is rather insulting. And as you said, una get money to be dashing them, next time pls just jump and pass.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ladylco: 8:48am On Mar 30, 2017
favouredmum:

Its amazing how some pple just turn themselves to keyboard warriors. How can a grown adult come to a faceless forum and say 'I don't understand how an intelligent person that can use phone and internet will be going to travel agent to book ticket??'. That is rather insulting. And as you said, una get money to be dashing them, next time pls just jump and pass.

Also note that often times, these so called travel agent's quote are a lot more cheaper when you book through them than when you book directly from the airlines.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by cutieb(f): 9:34am On Mar 30, 2017
Long post alert...please relax and enjoy!

In 2014 I had an interview with hubby and my first son, then i was 3 months pregnant with my second son...I always had the mind set that you mustn't declare you are pregnant so when the VO asked i said no but that if I become pregnant i would definitely love to give birth in the US.
We were refused and the VO asked us to reapply after 90 days which we didn't.
fast-forward to last year hubby and I decided to reapply with both kids before we could i fell terribly sick and discovered i was pregnant with my 3rd child...i almost got discouraged because of my mind set that dem no dey give preggy pple except the pregnancy isnt showing yet...after the 1st trimester i discovered one could actually declare child birth at the Embassy! i did my research and got a couple of contacts of childbirth agents..but the processing fee was quite high so i decided to try on my own...through my research on google last month i discovered this thread and tradada! i read from chapter 1 till date...i realised information is truly power..things that could have been an oversight...i never knew of budget sheets, correspondence, etc...then i applied with my hubby without the kids just to be on the safe side...infact I was fully loaded with information and prepared hubby as well.

my interview was yesterday 29th March 7:30 am and here goes my experience:
VO: Good Morning can i have your passports please
DH: handed the passports to her
VO: why do u wanna go to the US
DH: for vacation and me Childbirth
VO: what do you do (facing my DH)
DH: I am an accountant and i work at.....as the....
VO: what about you (me)
Me: I am a Lawyer and i work at the ........as the.....
VO: Where in US are u going
DH and I: Texas
VO: where would you be staying in Texas
Me: Houston with a friend
VO: Have you contacted any doctor?
me: yes
VO: Do u have the correspondence
me: yes and handed it over to her
VO: how did u get to know about the doctor
me: through my friend and also i did my research
VO: do you have enough funds for this trip
DH: yes
VO: whats your budget for this trip
DH and I: between $12k and $15k
VO: how do you intend paying for this trip
DH: I have saved up enough and we intend paying cash
VO: kept typing o for about 3mins and asked do u have a statement here
DH: yes and handed the bank statement to her
VO: went through the statement page by page and said okay
VO: whats your breakdown of your delivery cost (facing me)
Me: hospital is $2,000, Doctor $2,000 Paediatrician....i then stopped and asked if she would like to see my budget sheet which i had with me and she said oh yes that will be good...so i handed my budget sheet to her which had about a total of $12,400...she went through it and kept it aside with the other document we had previously given her
VO: kept on typing o and then asked if it was my first pregnancy..
Me: no, we've got 2 boys at home (at this point i thought she was gonna ask why we didn't apply with them but she didn't and kept on typing) in my mind i knew there was no further question and i just started praying for favour....lol
VO: Am gonna return your documents to you now.(she handed over the documents without the passport then i just knew we were gonna be give cos if not she for don join our passports put)lol...she typed oooooo...
VO: you can both pick up your passports in 3 working days and handed me the white paper...while she was handing over she said to me ensure you go with your doctor's correspondence cos it would be needed at the POE so u don't have issues there...i
Me: okay thank you very much
VO: have a safe delivery
Me: i was overwhelmed with joy o....America here i come o
I dash the security guys money when i got outside o...DH and I were just too excited and favoured...I bless God and I appreciate you all my NL people who have shared experiences for newbies to learn...
I already promised myself to share my testimony here after my interview....God bless you all!

I am Houston bound and July mum..would be leaving in June cos of the restriction...
Thank you all....

40 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TashaStPatrik: 10:39am On Mar 30, 2017
Shawbabe:

Lol are you minding the voltrons. This is why Nigeria is stagnant. We no dey take correction when it comes to education.
I had a really hard time deciphering what she wrote. With all the abbreviations....it was killing to the eyes. I had to read it out to understand it. That's seriously bad English. Still I provided my thoughts on her transcript.

Anybody who has a problem with what I think about her English should come and beat me grin. Na to jump out and attack Shawbabe, una no fit provide insight to her plea oh. Yall totally ignored that one.
Talking about "everyone else understood her post"....my ass! So you understood it and didn't respond to her? Eziokwu!

you need to be polite.. no b only u carry belle here oh ( that's if its the preggy hormones disturbing you) if this is just ur personality, change before ur husband go marry his secretary due to ur bad mouth ooh.. CHANGE MY SISTER CHANGE!!!!!!

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TashaStPatrik: 10:40am On Mar 30, 2017
cutieb:
hello dear,
i had my interview yesterday and am 6months gone....i actually applied for B2 visa..will share my experience soon..watch out for it...am using Houston Northwest hospitaland hosp bill is $2000 and Doctor's fee is also $2000

Thank u jare.. It will be well with you

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TashaStPatrik: 10:41am On Mar 30, 2017
ojceskills:
Lool i have just been laughing at you cox i knew in the end you will still do some work that you are avoiding.The best way to prepare your self is to do the search your self...That is what i did o..I even read from thread 1 till now and made notes and all but you can start from thread four...have you even determined the place you wish to use in Texas??---- Dallas?? Elpaso?? Houston?? Arlington?? Austin?? San Antonio?? Waco?? etc well the popular hospitals in Houston are oakbend, Houston north west medical centre, Methodist, west Houston medical centre etc..you could type in some of this hospitals in the thread and read up everything that comes up on the conversations were they are mentioned and while doing that note abbreviations of names of doctors (sometimes they are mentioned in full) then check the hospital website for their full names and contacts.for Elpaso i think most people use doctores( their advert is on the top page of this thread). Before your visa interview you need to get hospital quote and doctors correspondence and also prepare a budget sheet(type it in the thread and see some suggestions come up) and ensure you have enough money in your account that will be sufficient for childbirth..still on still you have to read..read..read... to be best prepared

Keep laughing Nne, it is good for body and soul
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2017
TashaStPatrik:

you need to be polite.. no b only u carry belle here oh ( that's if its the preggy hormones disturbing you) if this is just ur personality, change before ur husband go marry his secretary due to ur bad mouth ooh.. CHANGE MY SISTER CHANGE!!!!!!

Mschewww. Typical Nigerian woman that carries husband on her head. I bet the day you became Mrs, them no hear for you again for your street.

Focus on finding your bearing first and getting visa before wanting camera, lights, action.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Shawbabe: 11:02am On Mar 30, 2017
favouredmum:

Yea a grown adult said it, now what? And also I refused to jump and pass, again I ask, now what?
Speaking of keyyboard warriors, who died and told you you are in a good position to address my post? Aren't you a keyboard warrior too? Shawbabe makes a post and reminants come outta lurking mode. But when someone else is "rude" (since yall are a buncha sensitive folks), una no fit talk to the person. In fact I'm even making your "grown adult" self important by responding.
Nahhh I won't again.

In the meantime NONE OF YOU HAVE RESPONDED TO THE PEOPLE THAT POSTED ASKING FOR INSIGHT.
Na Shawbabe carry una destiny. Una must think if you come in numbers to quote my posts, then that has some sort of effect on me , last I checked NO ONE HERE KNOWS ME OR FEEDS ME. But some of you really need NL folks validation. Lol well not me. Sorry.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MrsM: 11:12am On Mar 30, 2017
Thank you!
FADEO:

Documents required
1. Two form of Identification ( Passport and Drivers licence)
2. Proof of residence in the state like bills with your name on it (Easy way out- get a US number and get the printout of your payment with your accomodation address or go to the bank with your host) I went to the bank with my host
3. Minimum balance for checking account is 1500 at every point in time but if you go below 1500 you pay 12$ fee. This is not necessarily the opening balance. (check www.bankofamerica.com)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by morenitemi: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2017
Enyinne:
Anyone selling market will not use his mouth to bad mouth it . .this customer service people can be funny as the guy on seat wasn't helpful as to even help cancel a ticket was an issue for the guy .so when he said there's nothing of such as the agent was insinuating,I Cldnt believe him .

quote author=ekoboy post=55077729]
You don't need to worry about your flight with Qatar airways, they still fly to the US. regard my info as first hand.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by morenitemi: 1:33pm On Mar 30, 2017
Shout out to all the 2015 mums that are now getting ready for another missionary journey and those that are back already. I was at the embassy yesterday to renew my visa since I was not qualified for drop box, because my last visa was not issued in Nig.
Vo:good morning
Me: morning. Handed him my passport upon request.
Vo: why are you going to the US
Me: to have my baby.
Vo:did you change your last name?
Me:yes I did.
Vo: I can see you've been to the US before and you also had a child there.
Me: yes I did.
Vo: can I have your receipt
Me: handed over my receipts
Vo:ok this is want I wanted, your zero balance
Me: OK
Vo: how much did you pay
Me:i paid about 7000usd
Vo:that was cheap
Me:That was the package I got from the hospital
Vo:ok you mean 7000 for medical OK, but you paid for hotel accommodation n others
Me: no I stayed with a family friend
Vo: what were you doing in country XY.....
Me:i was working with ******as******
Vo:do you plan o go back to your job later
Me: yes after having my baby
Vo:and what about your husband
Me: he is here in Nig
Vo:what does he do
Me: he is a *****
Vo:everything is alright you can pick up your passport and receipts after 2working days because, I need to keep the copies of your receipt for record purpose. And that ended it.
My previous visa was b1/b2 tourism/business, but I applied for b2 medical this time. Good luck to everyone planning to get their visa.

20 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by pointednose: 3:56pm On Mar 30, 2017
Good day everyone

Kudos for the good work being done .

My visa appointment is this coming week. I have all my documents ready but the funds in my account Is not up to that In the budget sheet. Has anyone been in that kind of situation? What can I do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 4:20pm On Mar 30, 2017
Derinoye:
Hello shawbabe thanks for d response but let me clarify sometins to you i applied last year early november planning to travel by early december with hubby to visit and have a nice time for jst 2 weeks and come bck i didnt even realize i was pregnant then but we couldnt secure appointment in nov\december till january 3rd we had to write to dem to postpone our travel date to january but by den i was aware of my pregnancy and i had resolved that if asked i wl tell dem d truth jst dat i wasnt, so how is DAT my fault and I declared the budget to be a little above $15000 for v.delivery and $17000 for c.s mayb u dnt understand d 15k and 17 k resp I jst had to shorten my words so as not to prolong d pos

The problem is not that they didnt ask u if u are pregnant during your interview in January,But the problem is that u should have told them then that u a going to the USA to give birth,since u knew u were pregnant then,instead of saying visit.,.and now when confronted with the same question again,U answered that u are going for childbirth,.thats why the VO asked u how many months pregnant are u and if u were pregnant then in Jan. So the mistake has been done, U have to try one more time if u are still buoyant enough for the visa fee or u give birth in Nig,and then try next time when u aren't pregnant. Goodluck either way u chose.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by 0b10010011: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Derinoye:
I went for my visa interview today but I was denied dis is my transcript
Vo: Gud morning
Me: Gud morning( smiling)
Vo: av u travelled outside d country before?
Me: no
Vo: y are u going to America?
Me: for my child birth
Vo: are u married?
Me: yes I am
Vo: Any kids
Me: Not yet
Vo: So wat do you do?
Me: Am a home maker I stop working 2 months ago cos of my pregnancy
Vo: wat do you do before
Me: I am into culinary services, I bla bla bla
Vo: how much is ur budget?
Me: above 15k for v.delivery and 17k for c.s
Vo: How much do u av in ur account now?
Me: its my husband dat is sponsoring me, about so so so million naira in his account I have d statement of account here wit me ( mind u its a lot of money)he didn't even bother collecting
Vo: you av applied before
Me: yes
Vo: wen was dat?
Me: January dis year
Vo: you said u were going for a visit
Me:yes
Vo: how long is ur pregnancy?
Me: 6 month
Vo: were u pragnant then/ do u kno u were pregnant den?
Me: yes I was and I kno but I wasn't asked at d interveiw

Vo: what do you do before ur last job?
Me: I work with an NGO group
Vo: what is ur qualification and wat do u study
Me: I have a bsc in microbiology
Vo: have u travelled anywhere outside Nigeria before
Me:No( thinking but av already told him before Na)
All dis while he was typing and noding seriously
Vo: am sorry I wl stl av to refuse you again. Gave me d blue paper. Didn't check any document I had.

But dis wl b my third time of going, d second time I was sent back due to error on my application only my hubby went in but he was denied, today my hubby was sent back due to anoda error on his application only me went in.All dis 3 times I applied wit my hubby.my hubby wl stil need to go back for his interview but he can't go alone since he is going because of me so I wl have to re applied so we can go togeda, pls my question is wat do u tink I did wrong so we don't make any mistake in our nxth interview? My edd is in June and I plan to travel first week in may, help me out pls and sorry for d LNG post. Thanks

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dtush(f): 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2017
morenitemi:
Shout out to all the 2015 mums that are now getting ready for another missionary journey and those that are back already. I was at the embassy yesterday to renew my visa since I was not qualified for drop box, because my last visa was not issued in Nig.

M

My in-law, congrats. Abeg how did the total bill amount to 7000. i remember we paid 1800 for doc, 2300 for hospital, 800 for epidural, i paid extra 500 for my false alarm stay in hospital, 500 for NICU and about 500 for pediatric visits a and tests. 80 dollars fro brown n associates, making it all about 6480. my visa will expire soon and i dont want to be saying anythg from other pple dat we used the same hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by tossyn147: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
Above all!.............

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.