Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (980594 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 7:50am On Jul 11, 2017
freshdad:
From what I understand, birthing centre are very cheap and from my little understanding, no VO would grant you a visa for using one as they expect you to come spend good money in their country and a birth centre is the opposite of that.

Lets now assume you got the visa and you use the birthing center, should there be any complications you would be taken to the affiliate hospital where you would treated as an emergency patient and you'd have to pay from your nose as that wont come cheap.

And during dropbox-a process of renewing your visa when it expires, you may be lucky not to be asked for the receipt of payment at your child's' birthing. When you present a birthing center receipt, they'd just refuse you.

My explanation may not be clear enough as i hope veterans here would have cleared it out for you.

Well written and succinctly put

For once, I agree with you tongue

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 7:56am On Jul 11, 2017
inizo:

that answer holds they kkey to understanding why,but DH is meant to file for you

Gbam
I guess if she had started the IV process and requested for this NIV, it may have worked in her favour.

Filing can take a long time though, and the hubby has to meet a certain income threshold to be able to file for her. The process is long and capital intensive
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 7:57am On Jul 11, 2017
Babatwi:

Gbam! You have said it all,nothing to add.
To further test the waters,those interested in using birthing centers can apply for medical visa and tell VO during interview that they plans to use birthing centre,lets see if they will get the visa.

We learn everyday. We can learn from their experiences grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Greatguy139: 8:32am On Jul 11, 2017
Please someone help me with debby516 email address pls.i have pmd her but I Dnt knw if it's working. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mamanjai: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2017
In Giving back to the Forum..

Soo..After 2 Denials in Abuja(I refused to listen to the advice of reapplying through Lagos after my drop box interview), i went through the lagos Route.

2nd Denial in abuja.. i didn't feel i had a fair chance because the VO kept standing up (like 3 times) few questions asked : my husbands Job, my past childbirth bill,if i have any risk with this pregnancy,why i am not going back to Phoenix and the new docs Bill ETC. In all she was so distracted.

Lagos Interview:
Here Goes:
Greetings exchanged.

VO: What are you going to do in the Us
ME :Am going to have my baby- Childbirth
VO: Where:
ME: Chicago,illinois
VO: Have you traveled out before
ME: yes
VO: where
ME: I named the different countries and told her my work takes me round- Training and Excursions for clients
VO: what do you do
ME: Travel Logistics Consultant at ***** for some Major NGO's and Individuals (Naming Them) and explained Job duties
VO: How Long have yu been working in this company
ME: I actually own the Company
VO: I know
ME: 3 Years Now
VO: How many staff do you Have
ME: 3 and other training consultants we contact where the need be
VO: so do you have your docs correspondence
ME: yes and brought it out;she read through it well
VO: can i see your budget sheet;gave her, read through it properly too
ME: I would be approving your visa please hold all these documents when your leaving for the United states,its very important
Thank you! I sure will!

Thank You All who took their time to write a word of Advice.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 9:10am On Jul 11, 2017
saw it and i replied but mail bounced back. NL pm has been like that for me for sometime now, cant reply. How may i help you?

Same also for those who sent me pm recently, i do reply but the mail bounces back.

Greatguy139:
Please someone help me with debby516 email address pls.i have pmd her but I Dnt knw if it's working. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2017
Do you mind sharing your experience with the house?
jordie:
I used a birth center for my first delivery. It did not affect my 2 renewals at all. You don't do it for free, you've only pay a cheaper bill. Using there health care for free is the problem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 9:12am On Jul 11, 2017
I cant agree more.

And for those hunting for roommates on a faceless forum, pls be careful. My FBI mind wont even allow me, i guess i have watched TV too much. Which kind boredom, when there is tv series and game to play? lollll
TripleKMama:
Peeps jus dey run helter skelter in d name of birthing abroad. Some wan copy other pipo's experience verbatim.
Dis race is very personal o. Grab all d advice,tips n experiences and tailor dem to suit u. Peeps be asking funny kweshions sha!
Some pipo stil dey find shared accommodation for Chicago till thy kingdom come. It is well.
#JulyMusings

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2017
debby516:
I cant agree more.

And for those hunting for roommates on a faceless forum, pls be careful. My FBI mind wont even allow me, i guess i have watched TV too much. Which kind boredom, when there is tv series and game to play? lollll

My dear! you can say that again!!! + plenty malls to visit oo... I honestly wonder wat pple think... embarking on a million naira project yet zero security consciousness and laziness to make research !!!!!!!!! undecided undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2017
thank you aunty...smiling with a big grin
nefertitiram:

Well written and succinctly put

For once, I agree with you tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Greatguy139: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2017
debby516:
saw it and i replied but mail bounced back. NL pm has been like that for me for sometime now, cant reply. How may i help you?

Same also for those who sent me pm recently, i do reply but the mail bounces back.

Thank u dear please I want to do Nigerian passport in Atlanta but I'm currently in Houston can u help me wt d contact details please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Greatguy139: 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2017
debby516:

Please this is my email add. Guygreat391@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 2:01pm On Jul 11, 2017
I have sent an email to you. Your baby need to physically appear at the Nigerian consulate in Atlanta to get Nig. Passport, cant be done thru an agent/proxy.
Greatguy139:

Thank u dear please I want to do Nigerian passport in Atlanta but I'm currently in Houston can u help me wt d contact details please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2017
sugah:

Qatar and Emirates provide accommodation for layover in excess of 8hours
Thank you very much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Greatguy139: 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2017
debby516:
I have sent an email to you. Your baby need to physically appear at the Nigerian consulate in Atlanta to get Nig. Passport, cant be done thru an agent/proxy.
Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vamum: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2017
Gorgeousmum:
A transcript on how my interview went
VO: good morning
Me:good morning and hands in passport
VO:what are you going to do in the US?
Me: Am pregnant and I want to go and give birth in the US
VO:what do you do
Me: I work as a sales representative for **** company
Vo:what does your husband do
Me: He's a medical practitioner at***
Vo: where's your husband
Me:He resides in the US

Agree with what most have said, your ties in the US are much stronger than Nigeria and not sure the amount of armour you will arm yourself with that will convince a VO that you will go give birth, see your husband and still want to go back to Nigeria to a Sales Rep Job.
If you have any real "Medical" issues that warrant you going outside of the country, try that route. Arm yourself with Doctor (Nigeria) to Doctor (US) correspondence on the referral.
If no medical issues, I wouldn't sweat it, your child will get citizenship by acquisition if your husband is a USC. If he is a green card holder, same rule applies when he naturalizes. Maybe have your husband come witness the birth in Nigeria, may even be cheaper for you using HMO's.

Birth Abroad to One Citizen and One Alien Parent in Wedlock

A child born abroad to one U.S. citizen parent and one alien parent acquires U.S. citizenship at birth under Section 301(g) of the INA provided the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for the time period required by the law applicable at the time of the child's birth. (For birth on or after November 14, 1986, a period of five years physical presence, two after the age of fourteen, is required. For birth between December 24, 1952 and November 13, 1986, a period of ten years, five after the age of fourteen, is required for physical presence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions to transmit U.S. citizenship to the child.) The U.S. citizen parent must be the genetic or the gestational parent and the legal parent of the child under local law at the time and place of the child’s birth to transmit U.S. citizenship.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/citizenship-child-born-abroad.html

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blueblood1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2017
Evening FAM.

I and my was wife need help. I hope someone can give us d advise we need.

We have decided to give birth to our next child In d US. My wife's last delivery had a lot of complications we don't want to risk it again. We have been advised to start a correspondence with a US hospital before applying for a B2 visa. But how do we search out an affordable hospital?

The only relative we have in d US stays in Michigan. I learnt its expensive giving birth there.

I'll appreciate if I can get someone experienced to help us out. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:12pm On Jul 11, 2017
blueblood1:
Evening FAM.

I and my was wife need help. I hope someone can give us d advise we need.

We have decided to give birth to our next child In d US. My wife's last delivery had a lot of complications we don't want to risk it again. We have been advised to start a correspondence with a US hospital before applying for a B2 visa. But how do we search out an affordable hospital?

The only relative we have in d US stays in Michigan. I learnt its expensive giving birth there.

I'll appreciate if I can get someone experienced to help us out. Thanks

Try and read up you'll get all the info you need and it will also do you a lot of good
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Gorgeousmum: 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2017
Yes he'll definitely file for me but he has to be a citizen first to do that
inizo:

that answer holds they kkey to understanding why,but DH is meant to file for you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bomly(f): 11:06pm On Jul 11, 2017
please anyone recently use epidural in oakbend medical? what's the cost of epidural for vaginal delivery?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2017
Gorgeousmum:
Yes he'll definitely file for me but he has to be a citizen first to do that

He can as well file for you even as a green card holder. He doesn't have to wait until he beomes a citizen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by JMarines: 1:36am On Jul 12, 2017
Hello House,
Please I need your help.
My mom was successful at her visa interview in Abuja today.
I thank God and you all for your assistance.
How can I find affordable flights online to book for her?
It seems difficult booking a flight from the US.
It is urgent please.
Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 1:53am On Jul 12, 2017
By searching online until you find one that agrees with your budget. Check the options from various airlines.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Greatguy139: 1:59am On Jul 12, 2017
Any Houston bound mama this July?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by anonymousmum: 7:20am On Jul 12, 2017
bomly:
please anyone recently use epidural in oakbend medical? what's the cost of epidural for vaginal delivery?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bomly(f): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2017
anonymousmum:

Okay thanks, two other mothers said they paid $850. I would have to call the hospital to find out exactly what they charge for self pay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ajobi21: 11:39am On Jul 12, 2017
Good morning house, please for those of us that have gone on 2nd missionary journey, what zero balance receipts do you present when asked at poe. Is it individual ones from each practitioner, like doctor, paediatrician, hospital etc. Cus I just realised there isn't just one receipt but several. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 12:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
ajobi21:
Good morning house, please for those of us that have gone on 2nd missionary journey, what zero balance receipts do you present when asked at poe. Is it individual ones from each practitioner, like doctor, paediatrician, hospital etc. Cus I just realised there isn't just one receipt but several. Thanks

Have all the receipts stapled together
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
Costs have increased over time. Self pay is now $1500.

bomly:

Okay thanks, two other mothers said they paid $850. I would have to call the hospital to find out exactly what they charge for self pay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by NaijaAI: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mymy2015: 4:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hello House, the cost of tickets to travel mid august is not smiling at all. The cheapest I am getting is Qatar, and I currently have one booking on hold but need to decide asap. Now my question is how is the travel experience with Qatar Airlines? How true is it that immigration in Doha is harsh esp to preggas? plan is to travel at 34 wks 6 days, is this ok? considering it doesn't fall into 36 weeks as described on their website? Considering the current controversies facing them, anyone that has recently used Qatar airlines can you please help me out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.