Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (279) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (976234 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MumTee: 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hello Dupsy,
how are u and the baby doing? Please my friend is coming to San Antonio and her Point of Entry is Chicago; how friendly is Chicago as POE for pregnant women.
My friend's sister and hubby just got turned back about 2 weeks ago. The entry officer claimed the hospital & Doc's fees is over-discounted and screamed FRAUD despite they had paid $10,000 in advance. This is already giving me the jitters for my friend coming in by September.

dupe007:
Please anyone coming to Chicago on the 17th? DH needs to send the notarized form to me. Please help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mymy2015: 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
iphiechuks:
Sup, I am seeing tickets of N522k from ABJ - Dallas/Houston from icarrygo website for mid Aug (United Airline and Luftansa)

Thanks but flying from Lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abujaniv: 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hello Ijesco. As far as the United States is concerned, you do not need a letter of consent to depart with your child. You do, however, need the father's consent (notarized) on the DS-3053 in order to apply for your child's passport. I do not know whether or not Nigeria may require a letter of consent to enter the country.

Ijesco:
Hello House, when returning to Nigeria after giving birth in USA, is letter of consent required if the child's father is absent?Or is the child's birth certificate and passport all that is required? Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
mymy2015:

Honestly no ticket (with manageable travel time) is below 500k for mid august
I got Turkish for next week yesterday at 461k to NY I'm sure it's going to be sold out now , I got for August 8 for the same price o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BechAutos: 9:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hello house, planning to have my second baby in the US, have booked for visa interview but my worry is that DH got a contact with a birth center and they have send their letter to us.since i joined this forum haven't seen anyone that used birth center. pls mummy's in the house i need your advice. wish to know whether using a birth center will be problematic with the Vo's.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by BechAutos: 10:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
Vanekj:
Hello Shawshank,

Thanks for the breakdown. Quite helpful. Please can you email me the Doctor's name and contact, accommodation you used while in Virginia/costing and also noticed you didn't mention pediatrician or is that what well baby represents. (email : vanekj03@yahoo.com)
Thanks.

your cost breakdown is okay, guess you used henrico hosp.in virginia. pls can you email your Dr's name and contact to me.( icome_2005@yahoo.co.uk) thanks and Godbless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Cuteaidomo: 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hello...from my experience and others that were around that period, complications are handle on a case by case basis and the resulting bills are negotiable with the hospital. My baby's passport came out about 2 wks after delivery. My ticket didn't have a flexible date but I was able to move the date at a cost of about 50usd....I flew Emirates. U can pm me for more info

boadi:
Hi, I'm going to El Paso in mid-August and wanted to ask if anyone who used Doctores Para ti ended up having complications and paying the exorbitant daily fees for mom or baby? Of course every case is different, but my concern is frequency of complications which make the fixed pricing less relevant. Also curious about how long it took to get the passport. Did you book a ticket leaving el Paso that had a flexible date to allow for delays? Any insight appreciated!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by alabizzzz: 11:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
I am talking about when you go for Visa interview at the american embassy in the UK and the VO ask her why can't you give birth here not at the point of entry
eyiye:

Hi,

I was in the same shoe as you in 2015 when I had my son in New York. When I was asked this question I told them that I have family in the US who will take proper care of me and since I can afford it at this time I decide to come over.

This was my answer and immediately, the guy stamped me in.

Hope this helps.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Dwebb55: 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
BechAutos:
Hello house, planning to have my second baby in the US, have booked for visa interview but my worry is that DH got a contact with a birth center and they have send their letter to us.since i joined this forum haven't seen anyone that used birth center. pls mummy's in the house i need your advice. wish to know whether using a birth center will be problematic with the Vo's.

Use a birthing centre at your own peril. If you read the thread thoroughly, you will find out that the use of such facilities is discouraged as you stated/will state that you have enough funds to birth in the US during your interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by maroluv: 12:25am On Jul 15, 2017
Hello Shawshank,

Thanks for the breakdown. Quite helpful.I still have problem contacting a doctor at the Virginia,the doctors i spoke with were either requesting for a code or will tell me they prefer talking on phone and cannot do an email and I need email conversation on billing and others to present at the embassy. Please can you email me the Doctor's name and contact. (email : georgeorugbo@gmail.com)
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 6:02am On Jul 15, 2017
Hi, I used delta airline and so my poe was in Atlanta.
MumTee:
Hello Dupsy,
how are u and the baby doing? Please my friend is coming to San Antonio and her Point of Entry is Chicago; how friendly is Chicago as POE for pregnant women.
My friend's sister and hubby just got turned back about 2 weeks ago. The entry officer claimed the hospital & Doc's fees is over-discounted and screamed FRAUD despite they had paid $10,000 in advance. This is already giving me the jitters for my friend coming in by September.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 9:23am On Jul 15, 2017
while it is different strokes for different folks, I think O'hare is forever not nice. the ratio of friendliness to unfriendliness is about 95%-5%

My BIL and son were delayed for just 3 hours last night and escaped being returned home by a few seconds. A city filled with Nigerians where some do legal and some illegal (which is well known to them)stuffs, cant blame them for being thorough atimes

as soon as I get a full transcript I'd post.

MumTee:
Hello Dupsy,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2017
BechAutos:

Please try using it and get back to us on the outcome.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 10:04am On Jul 15, 2017
freshdad:
while it is different strokes for different folks, I think O'hare is forever not nice. the ratio of friendliness to unfriendliness is about 95%-5%

My BIL and son were delayed for just 3 hours last night and escaped being returned home by a few seconds. A city filled with Nigerians where some do legal and some illegal (which is well known to them)stuffs, cant blame them for being thorough atimes

as soon as I get a full transcript I'd post.

The worst in the world if you ask me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2017
alabizzzz:
@ justwise and all the people in the house , what do you have to say to my question based on your experience here?

If you miss the question then here is the question again, if the VO ask why are you going to america to give birth when you are in the UK.

What are the best response to give. thanks

I really can't think of any answer other than the obvious truth.

Sorry this is coming late
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 11:49am On Jul 15, 2017
BechAutos:

Back track 3pages away. It was discussed @ length.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gidjah(m): 12:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
Colouredgirl:
Story,you wey"overcare"wan finish....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO d lady 'with the color'
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 1:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello house, I'm still waiting for a response, I'm new here. I need info on any cost saving hospital in Atlanta Georgia to give birth. Please kindly reply. Thanks and God bless you all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babaelliott(m): 5:43pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello House...

its amazing infon here.. please can the dallas Moms n Dads pls help with current cost, it seems the costs from previous year has really changed... i also seem to notice alot of people favour Baylor Scott, please can you help me with?
1 - Current cost for the dallas area ( VD and Elective CS)
2 - Any Ob-Gyne contact to help start the correspondence

Please any and all info will really be appreciated

my email - elliottbabatunde@gmail.com

Many Thanks again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 8:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello All,

I plan to have my baby in US, then fly to Canada a few weeks after having my baby and finally return to Nigeria from Canada.

My question is, with a valid Canada visitor Visa this multi city itinenary shouldn't be a problem at either POE right?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by dupe007: 3:34am On Jul 16, 2017
Hi kikstar, I got your message in my mail that you want to send me a message, I tried replying but it keeps bouncing back. Probably you should message me here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:14am On Jul 16, 2017
urblackpearl:
Hello All,

I plan to have my baby in US, then fly to Canada a few weeks after having my baby and finally return to Nigeria from Canada.

My question is, with a valid Canada visitor Visa this multi city itinenary shouldn't be a problem at either POE right?

You dint mention anything about having a US visa,i hope you have one? I don't see why it will be a problem If you do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 9:58am On Jul 16, 2017
Thank you!
gidjah:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO d lady 'with the color'
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by beejay112: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2017
[Bechauto email me let me help with the doc info

quote author=BechAutos post=58466465] your cost breakdown is okay, guess you used henrico hosp.in virginia. pls can you email your Dr's name and contact to me.( icome_2005@yahoo.co.uk) thanks and Godbless.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 12:58pm On Jul 16, 2017
Babatwi:

You dint mention anything about having a US visa,i hope you have one? I don't see why it will be a problem If you do.

Yes I have a valid US visa. Thank U!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by maideyz: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
mamacajah:

Follow the steps below:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by PrinceAdeAde: 12:35pm On Jul 05

2. Visa on Arrival is way cheaper and hassle free than it is made to look[i](the only cheaper option on the long run is if you are in atlanta and go for the baby nigerian passport)[/i]. Just send a mail to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng requesting for one using the format shared previously on the forum and you would be responded to early enough. in my case,I got a response the same day and please do it yourself and dont pay any processing money. You only need to pay the actual application fee to immigration which can be made on arrival($180 using card and $190 using cash though. Surprisingly,my wife mentioned they did not even look at any letter at Lagos Airport to give our baby the visa. Note that houston immigration requested to sight the actual email so you may want to keep your phone and email handy to avoid complications

Travel / Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baeboss: 7:44pm On Jun 28
visa on arrival

Please write an application letter and attach documents (husband's data page, wife's data page, baby's data page and travel itinery, to this email address:

oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng

Please help a sister
Kindly help with the format of the letter for Nigeria immigration for visa on arrival.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by maideyz: 4:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
Jazzie76:
Pls I need help on visa on arrival pls, someone shld pls send me d process thru my email ( olujazzie@yahoo.com ) the mail I ve is telling me mail deliver failure.

Hello jazzie,

Please were u able to process the Nigeria visa on arrival
. Kindly share your experience and also the format of the letter for application to immigration.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by maideyz: 4:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
maideyz:

Please help a sister
Kindly help with the format of the letter for Nigeria immigration for visa on arrival.

I have searched for the format on the forum but could not find it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kristinbaby: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hello house, please help. I'm still waiting for a response, I'm new here. I need info on any cost saving hospital in Atlanta Georgia to give birth. Please kindly reply. Thanks and God bless you all.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.