Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (302) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978087 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Josh4wod: 8:22am On Aug 18, 2017
Hello
Nice work here
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:55am On Aug 18, 2017
fasttrack:

I think it's basically how you answer questions at POE not that some re more lenient than others. My wife n daughter went thru Houston and they weren't delayed for one minute. They took along 9k or there about. They want physical cash to cover your hospital bill plus living expenses as well, couple with the fact that husby is in Naija to send more money.

I have been to the US a couple of times and have used several poe and I beg to differ,some poe are just plain outright nasty eg Chicago,that's the only poe i have heard that they even ask you for hospital and doctors receipt on your way out of the US,whats their intention? Them was seize pikin or they want to prevent you from living the US with your baby? if you don't have receipt to show.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:50am On Aug 18, 2017
iykmon:

Sir during the change of aircraft/airline in France airport, did you have to pick up your luggage yourself in France to join Delta airline or your luggage where transfer by the airline to Delta.

In answering your question i would give you two personal experience scenarios.
Once i was going to Chicago via Delta Airlines and the ticket was routed Lagos - Atlanta - Chicago and i checked in my bags at lagos straight to Chicago,so when i got to Atlanta i just cleared Customs and dint bother with my bag just went straight to board the 2nd leg of the flight to Chicago and viola! My bags were in Chicago.
On another Trip via same Delta Airlines,this time Lagos - Atlanta - Newyork and i checked in my bag at lagos airport straight to Newyork,just like the 1st time and when we got to Atlanta something just told me to go check baggage claim if they had mistakenly droppedr my luggage and yours sincerely,they had dropped my bags in Atlanta,so i had to collect them and personally check them in for the 2nd leg of the trip to Newyork
So,to avoid stories that touch,i would advice you just check when you get to Paris for your own peace of mind..

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 10:04am On Aug 18, 2017
shawlar:

Like @favoredgal has told you, the fastest way to get your LO's passport is by going to the passport office yourself. You can get it that same day or the next. Using the post office gives you a wait time of 4-6weeks but some people have been known to receive theirs quicker than that (just by chance/sheer luck)
@shawlar thanks for the reply, so when i apply for the passport and submit Husband notarised doc. I can go to the post office same day and collect my LO passport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fasttrack(m): 10:24am On Aug 18, 2017
Babatwi:

I have been to the US a couple of times and have used several poe and I beg to differ,some poe are just plain outright nasty eg Chicago,that's the only poe i have heard that they even ask you for hospital and doctors receipt on your way out of the US,whats their intention? Them was seize pikin or they want to prevent you from living the US with your baby? if you don't have receipt to show.

Baba we have been to the us as well several times, and this time they went to Houston . All they wanted to verify was that the amount they had could cover their hospital bill plus part of their stay. Let her take 10k and debit card, hotel booking confirmed or a rented apartment will do. You'll be good to go Sir. Turkish flies at 36 weeks Sir. So you re very much on point.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 10:28am On Aug 18, 2017
Richards08:

Thanks bro.. Nah, I didn't read, I just joined NL
@Richards08! This is serious! Just because of documents? Which documents did she not present that made them to send her back? Because i have seen some people that went with $5k.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Richards08: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2017
veegurl:

@Richards08! This is serious! Just because of documents? Which documents did she not present that made them to send her back? Because i have seen some people that went with $5k.

She only had her passport with her, dollars and credit card.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 10:43am On Aug 18, 2017
Pls house I want to find out. I plan travelling to maimi Florida next month to have my baby and I will be travelling with my mum and we will be staying for five months. We only have 7500 dollars cash with us. But hubby will send more cash . Pls is maimi Poe strict. Am just worried . We are going to stay with my hubby family members all tru out our stay. My question is Miami Florida Poe are they strict. Also is 7500 dollars ok to cross that how much we can raise now Pls urgent response will be appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 11:46am On Aug 18, 2017
Am just feeling for this lady cos the voltrons will attack without mercy,instead of them to give civil answer they or just waka pass..they will attack in such a way that american embassy sef will be shocked..
eboniee024:
Hello every one
I av an interview at the embassy on September (first week) and the purpose of my travelling is to attend a conference in US(first week in october) but am pregnant (4 months presently). Am a lecturer in a government university here in Nigeria. My question is do I need to hide the fact that am pregnant or how do I go about it? pls I need advice

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by favouredmum: 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2017
Good afternoon all,

Please i have a question to ask. I am trying to call up my application form.

Renewed my visa September last year via drop box.

Is this possible as I have tried retrieving my form but have not been able to do this.

It requested for the confirmation code which I put and what it brings up one confirmation document.

I will like to know if I can call up the application form and if anyone has tried this before, kindly advice.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
shawlar:

Two answers for the same question....
Two different modes of engagement;
One is informative and civil, the other is just..... undecided undecided undecided
Do better!!!

Thanks Shawlar!!!! Even Obama with the most liked tweet ever, couldn't have said it better. This forum is great at promoting truth, let's also promote civility. Some questions may be sincere and some may be cheeky, but no one will be able to fault a truthful polite reply.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ebonychic18(f): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
eboniee024:
Hello every one
I av an interview at the embassy on September (first week) and the purpose of my travelling is to attend a conference in US(first week in october) but am pregnant (4 months presently). Am a lecturer in a government university here in Nigeria. My question is do I need to hide the fact that am pregnant or how do I go about it? pls I need advice
a colleague of mine was in a similar situation as yours but this was in 2015. She was pregnant early 2nd trimester. Different people told her different stuff. Some said conceal it and get your visa first. But she ended up wearing a skirt , camisole tucked in with jacket unbuttoned she went there obviously showing. She was asked about the conference(medical) she replied well. Then asked if she will be seeking medical services there. She came out clean and told the VO she hasn't made up her mind yet. She still had a lot of time to decide. Long story short her visa was approved . A first timer. She went for her conference, scouted for hospitals, got correspondence etc, came back exactly 2 weeks later. Even though she was stamped in for 6months. She came back to naija and went back at 35 weeks had her baby, spent about 8 weeks. Same POE no issues whatsoever. So the ball is in your court. But this dollar palaver hmmm....

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Josh4wod: 1:29pm On Aug 18, 2017
ebonychic18:
a colleague of mine was in a similar situation as yours but this was in 2015. She was pregnant early 2nd trimester. Different people told her different stuff. Some said conceal it and get your visa first. But she ended up wearing a skirt , camisole tucked in with jacket unbuttoned she went there obviously showing. She was asked about the conference(medical) she replied well. Then asked if she will be seeking medical services the UIre. She came out clean and told the VO she hasn't made up her mind yet. She still had a lot of time to decide. Long story short her visa was approved . A first timer. She went for her conference, scouted for hospitals, got correspondence etc, came back exactly 2 weeks later. Even though she was stamped in for 6months. She came back to naija and went back at 35 weeks had her baby, spent about 8 weeks. Same POE no issues whatsoever. So the ball is in your court. But this dollar palaver hmmm....
My 4star
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by temmyo: 2:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
why don't you give her an answer?
Colouredgirl:
Am just feeling for this lady cos the voltrons will attack without mercy,instead of them to give civil answer they or just waka pass..they will attack in such a way that american embassy sef will be shocked..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by gratefulalways: 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2017
Don't worry Bros. Her visa will come out just in time. She'll make the trip by God's grace. Be positive & remain calm. It will end in praises

Richards08:

The painful thing is that they didn't allow her rest, they were not even concerned about her pregnancy, the stress she would have gone through on such a long flight time. It's all good, I bless God my baby is still very okay grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 3:21pm On Aug 18, 2017
Pls house I want to find out. I plan travelling to maimi Florida next month to have my baby and I will be travelling with my mum and we will be staying for five months. We only have 7500 dollars cash with us. But hubby will send more cash . Pls is maimi Poe strict. Am just worried . We are going to stay with my hubby family members all tru out our stay. My question is Miami Florida Poe are they strict. Also is 7500 dollars ok to cross that how much we can raise now Pls urgent response will be appreciated
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
temmyo:
why don't you give her an answer?
Lol!! Are you minding her?

Some people just like to give hypocrites comments all in the name of proving a pointless point.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
Colouredgirl:

Next time you see my post use the scrollbar and stop telling people how to respond to a post.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
shawlar:

Two answers for the same question....
Two different modes of engagement;
One is informative and civil, the other is just..... undecided undecided undecided
Do better!!!

Oh please! don't even go there! Do better in what sense exactly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2017
favouredmum:

No wahala. Let me check back.

I thought it was recent.

Thanks.
smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2017
favouredmum:
Good afternoon all,

Please i have a question to ask. I am trying to call up my application form.

Renewed my visa September last year via drop box.

Is this possible as I have tried retrieving my form but have not been able to do this.

It requested for the confirmation code which I put and what it brings up one confirmation document.

I will like to know if I can call up the application form and if anyone has tried this before, kindly advice.

Thank you.
I don't think you can access the whole form once submitted. Never tried though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2017
Colouredgirl:
Interesting... Take your own advise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
eboniee024:
Hello every one
Now till September is still a little time to go thru this thread from part 1. Since you're in the academia, shouldn't be difficult.

When you do so, decide on your options, if to conceal the pregnancy or be upfront about it.

Goodluck on any decision you make.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by umajosiahNL: 4:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Great forum I must say! A BIG thanks to the moderator for helping all of us out here on Nairaland. Please I have a few questions to ask. My DW is a FTM and we are about to embark on this beautiful project of parenthood and giving birth in the USA. Can someone please kindly share with us the documents required for Visa, the budgeting sheet, as well as any other vital information we must know. My DW has never been to the US before and this would be her first. Our sister has found us a good hospital in Tyler Tx and we have had correspondence with the nurse and so far have gotten a doctor who's willing to take her on. I hope that she travels between the 22-27th of October 2017, how soon or late should I be looking to apply a visa for her? What are the pitfalls to watch out for in visa acquiring and travel?

I look forward to a prompt reply from this wonderful family. Thanks guys for all the help and advice! I must say i've learnt a lot from the forum so far...

Cheers

Josh

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fasttrack(m): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2017
ebonychic18:
a colleague of mine was in a similar situation as yours but this was in 2015. She was pregnant early 2nd trimester. Different people told her different stuff. Some said conceal it and get your visa first. But she ended up wearing a skirt , camisole tucked in with jacket unbuttoned she went there obviously showing. She was asked about the conference(medical) she replied well. Then asked if she will be seeking medical services there. She came out clean and told the VO she hasn't made up her mind yet. She still had a lot of time to decide. Long story short her visa was approved . A first timer. She went for her conference, scouted for hospitals, got correspondence etc, came back exactly 2 weeks later. Even though she was stamped in for 6months. She came back to naija and went back at 35 weeks had her baby, spent about 8 weeks. Same POE no issues whatsoever. So the ball is in your court. But this dollar palaver hmmm....

Madam, dollar isn't smiling at all ooo. Ordinary circumcision is 250 bucks. Almost N100k. God help us all thru. Spending over 4m for you child's future is a bold and smart sacrifice.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
umajosiahNL:
Hi Everyone,

Great forum I must say! A BIG thanks to the moderator for helping all of us out here on Nairaland. Please I have a few questions to ask. My DW is a FTM and we are about to embark on this beautiful project of parenthood and giving birth in the USA. Can someone please kindly share with us the documents required for Visa, the budgeting sheet, as well as any other vital information we must know. My DW has never been to the US before and this would be her first. Our sister has found us a good hospital in Tyler Tx and we have had correspondence with the nurse and so far have gotten a doctor who's willing to take her on. I hope that she travels between the 22-27th of October 2017, how soon or late should I be looking to apply a visa for her? What are the pitfalls to watch out for in visa acquiring and travel?

I look forward to a prompt reply from this wonderful family. Thanks guys for all the help and advice! I must say i've learnt a lot from the forum so far...

Cheers

Josh

You can start the process now...The earliest date for interview for Lagos as at yesterday was Oct 3. Just search for budget sheet here...Someone just shared one last week
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayabemm16: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2017
House pls who knows if ethiopian airline provides accommodation for long lay overs?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by umajosiahNL: 5:55pm On Aug 18, 2017
cutieb:
I have attached a sample of budget sheet..

Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory messages.

Qatar baggage allowance for economy is 23kg each (2 bags for yourself and 1 23kg bag for LO with free check in of stroller and carseat not included in the 23kg o)

Thank you so much for this budget sheet sample. Please what hospital did you use? As the one I am currently making inquiries for my DW is slightly more expensive than what you have here.

Thanks
Josh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Sundayschooltea: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2017
veegurl:

@shawlar thanks for the reply, so when i apply for the passport and submit Husband notarised doc. I can go to the post office same day and collect my LO passport?
Madam, you are to go to passport office at your location (e.g Houston) not post office

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by biggypaul: 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
kokorita:

Please which Hospital are you using in florida? How did you get the correspondence and doctor. I need Hospital in Palm Coast Florida or TAMPA Florida.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abdulmaj: 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2017
at shrekandfiona and babatawi Thanks i have been able to get 11th of September but the interview will be in Abuja hope it wont be a problem cos i first applied in Lagos and was denied. What is the idea of the reason i should put for denial?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by uzyfine: 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2017
Babatwi:

Congrats on the birth of your twins.
Thanks babatwi, pls am in a fix right now and don't know what to do. Dh was suppose to come over to pick us but he went for his interview yesterday and was denied. Below is the transcript.
Dh- good morning
Vo- where are u heading
Dh- dallas in Texas
Vo- what for?
Dh- my wife just put to bed twins and she needs my assistance so am going to support her and to help bring back my children as she can't travel alone with one infant.
Vo- have u travelled bl4?
Dh- yes but within Africa ( mention the 4 African countries he has been to)
Vo- where do u work?
Dh- told him and explain what the country does and his role as the chief financial officer.
Vo- how long have u worked with them
Dh- a little below 2 years
Vo- how much is ur salary?
Dh- told him( a little below 1m)
He started typing for sometime after which he gave the blue paper, my husband told him that his wife needs him in order to help bring back the kids and showed him the copies of their passport but after looking at them he gave them back and said that the blue paper will explain why.
I don't know what to do to travel with my twin alone and I don't know anyone traveling with Qatar to Nig on the same day to attach one of my kids.
Good people of God pls any idea on what to do, am beginning to develope hbp.

(1) (2) (3) ... (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.