Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (303) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978042 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 7:05pm On Aug 18, 2017
abdulmaj:
at shrekandfiona and babatawi Thanks i have been able to get 11th of September but the interview will be in Abuja hope it wont be a problem cos i first applied in Lagos and was denied. What is the idea of the reason i should put for denial?
Sorry, tot you said your wife was applying alone? Anyway, tell her/you to read this thread from Part 1 to at least part 3.

You have about 3 weeks to your interview. Trust me you'll be better informed on what the VO's look at for after reading.

The reason? State what was stated in the denial form.

Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by urblackpearl: 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
ayabemm16:
House pls who knows if ethiopian airline provides accommodation for long lay overs?

Yes they do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by shrekandfiona: 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2017
uzyfine:

Thanks babatwi,
Good people of God pls any idea on what to do, am beginning to develope hbp.
So sorry. Though 2 infants can't be added to 1 adult, but i'll advise you go to the airport very early on the day of your departure.

You'll definitely get someone who'll be wiling to help with your infant. The 2nd twin's ticket will be added to the person there.

I think someone on this thread can't recall the moniker though with triplets spoke about her own experience too. Her mom carried one, she carried the 2nd and the good samaritan carried the third.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ayabemm16: 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2017
Thanks

Yes they do.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abdulmaj: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
at shrekandfiona this is what was given to her.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abdulmaj: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
at shrekandfiona please while filling the form for giving birth do i need to put b1/b2
or just b2 as it in this pic?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 18, 2017
Awwww... i thought you were Houston bound.. that's way expensive oo. I got quotes for vbac from 3 different docs and 2 hospitals in houston.the quotes i have (adding hospital and doctor fees) is about 10k. Paediatrician should be about $400 to $500 max. 28k is not beans mehn

jordie:
Thank you.
I haven't found any. Checked with about 5 hospitals. None wants to do VBAC and the bills am getting for CS in Pennsylvania is crazy. Lowest is 28k and I will get about 25% discount since its self pay.
My head is just ringing. I have just few weeks to go.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ogemele(m): 8:08pm On Aug 18, 2017
uzyfine:

Thanks babatwi, pls am in a fix right now and don't know what to do. Dh was suppose to come over to pick us but he went for his interview yesterday and was denied. Below is the transcript.
Dh- good morning
Vo- where are u heading
Dh- dallas in Texas
Vo- what for?
Dh- my wife just put to bed twins and she needs my assistance so am going to support her and to help bring back my children as she can't travel alone with one infant.
Vo- have u travelled bl4?
Dh- yes but within Africa ( mention the 4 African countries he has been to)
Vo- where do u work?
Dh- told him and explain what the country does and his role as the chief financial officer.
Vo- how long have u worked with them
Dh- a little below 2 years
Vo- how much is ur salary?
Dh- told him( a little below 1m)
He started typing for sometime after which he gave the blue paper, my husband told him that his wife needs him in order to help bring back the kids and showed him the copies of their passport but after looking at them he gave them back and said that the blue paper will explain why.
I don't know what to do to travel with my twin alone and I don't know anyone traveling with Qatar to Nig on the same day to attach one of my kids.
Good people of God pls any idea on what to do, am beginning to develope hbp.

U wud have to get 1 infant and 1 child attached to your ticket and go with a car seat for the 2nd infant. Check qatar faq on infant ticket is there.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2017
abdulmaj:
at shrekandfiona this is what was given to her.

The reason for her rejection is boldly written in the 1st paragraph of the letter,read it again carefully.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2017
abdulmaj:
at shrekandfiona please while filling the form for giving birth do i need to put b1/b2
or just b2 as it in this pic?

I think the way you filled it in the picture you provided is the right way

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2017
ogemele:

U wud have to get 1 infant and 1 child attached to your ticket and go with a car seat for the 2nd infant. Check qatar faq on infant ticket is there.

Ha! If that is possible,i would be very happy for you o,pls research this option,if this does not work,then you can go to the airport on day of flight and look for someone to attach 2nd baby to. All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Richards08: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2017
gratefulalways:
Don't worry Bros. Her visa will come out just in time. She'll make the trip by God's grace. Be positive & remain calm. It will end in praises

Amen... Thanks bro!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2017
ogemele:

Qatar Airline faq says in the case of the above mentioned,that one of the infants must be above 12months old
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by yinks13: 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hello mamas.. please I need an urgent visa appointment for next week, heard the immergency appointment is just for people that are critically ill..The only date I'm getting is late September... please how do I go about it??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2017
r=temmyo post=59596482]why don't you give her an answer? [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Colouredgirl: 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2017
Ahah...werrin concern me with your post..ogbeni,pass like this biko
justwise:

Next time you see my post use the scrollbar and stop telling people how to respond to a post.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by umajosiahNL: 11:24pm On Aug 18, 2017
Hi landers,

I know this might be a weird question to ask, but please which is the official US Visa website? I tend to see a lot of them online. I have no idea which is official now.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 11:41pm On Aug 18, 2017
ogemele:

That will be expensive for her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 11:53pm On Aug 18, 2017
uzyfine:

Thanks babatwi, pls am in a fix right now and don't know what to do. Dh was suppose to come over to pick us but he went for his interview yesterday and was denied. Below is the transcript.
Dh- good morning
Vo- where are u heading
Dh- dallas in Texas
Vo- what for?
The reason for the application is not enough,thats why they refused him. His Visa should have been approved if he had applied earlier before u gave birth and give them the reason Like " To witness the birth of my twins and help my wife as well" and when they gave him Visa,then he can choose to travel whenever he wants. The Visa Officer has seen that he has no help to offer u in the US since you have delivered your babies gathered their documents and ready to come back to Nig,only for him to apply now with the reason to help you bring your babies back,. So they deemed his reason not sufficient enough,because they know u can always find a way to bring back your babies. You guys have been reading this forum but did a different thing from how others did theirs. Do as "Shrekandfiona" Or "Ogemele"said,thats the two options you have now. Pls Stop giving yourself hbp on problems that have a straight simple solution,. Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abdulmaj: 12:22am On Aug 19, 2017
at babatwi Thanks sir
Babatwi:

I think the way you filled it in the picture you provided is the right way
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by yinks13: 12:25am On Aug 19, 2017
Sharing my experience at the Lagos embassy. I was denied Visa, I used Dr Ayoade Akere of J.I.L Medical Consultants in Chicago as my correspondence Dr. Though he is a Family physician and not an Obstetrician/Gynecologist. But he said he delivers babies too,so I felt he he is an all rounder,meanwhile his bill is higher than the Obgyn we exchanged mails with in Texas. Had to settle for Chicago cause I have a family frnd to stay with,who recommended him as well.
ME: Hello,good morning
VO: Good morning
VO: passport pls
ME: handed the passport over
VO: why are you traveling
ME: To have my baby
VO: congratulations with a huge smile
ME: thank you,smiling right back
VO: what do you do
ME: Bleep....
VO: Have you ever travelled
ME: No
VO: She types somethings
VO: Did you say yes
VO: Next time when reapplying make sure you research well about medicals and choose wisely
ME: I was confused and asked her to elaborate but
but she dint
VO: handed the blue paper,sorry you have been r
refused Visa
She was actually nice cause some VOs don't even tell you where you went wrong, they just refuse you. And I already have all my documents, budget sheet, Dr's letter etc thanks to this group, but she dint ask to see any document. Please has anyone use Dr Akere in Chicago what do you think about him and what do you suggest I do

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abdulmaj: 12:29am On Aug 19, 2017
Okay ma Thanks
Babatwi:

The reason for her rejection is boldly written in the 1st paragraph of the letter,read it again carefully.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by abdulmaj: 12:35am On Aug 19, 2017
Thanks i was referring to my wife...i have been reading.
shrekandfiona:

Sorry, tot you said your wife was applying alone? Anyway, tell her/you to read this thread from Part 1 to at least part 3.

You have about 3 weeks to your interview. Trust me you'll be better informed on what the VO's look at for after reading.

The reason? State what was stated in the denial form.

Cheers smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Abuleoshi: 12:41am On Aug 19, 2017
yinks13:

She was actually nice cause some VOs don't even tell you where you went wrong, they just refuse you. And I already have all my documents, budget sheet, Dr's letter etc thanks to this group, but she dint ask to see any document. Please has anyone use Dr Akere in Chicago what do you think about him and what do you suggest I do

I think the VO was nice. She telling you congrats meant she was in the mood to give you the visa. But the doctor you planned to use messed up things for you. Simply get a gynecologist, exchange correspondence and reapply. Afterall the VO said you should research well. Research does not take eternity. By the time you are going back, tell them you have done your research properly.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Austine2020: 12:43am On Aug 19, 2017
yinks13:
Sharing my experience at the Lagos embassy. I was denied Visa, I used Dr Ayoade Akere of J.I.L Medical Consultants in Chicago as my correspondence Dr. Though he is a Family physician and not an Obstetrician/Gynecologist. But he said he delivers babies too,so I felt he he is an all rounder,meanwhile his bill is higher than the Obgyn we exchanged mails with in Texas. Had to settle for Chicago cause I have a family frnd to stay with,who recommended him as well.

The VO has already told you what went wrong,. May be the VO saw the Doctor u used in your application and google his name and found out that the Dr is not an Obgyn,which u already confirmed he is not,in your write-up. Little things can spoil your chances of getting your Visa. U should have used the one u exchanged Emails with in Texas and when your visa is approved,u can always change your destination,Its not against the Law to change your birthing destinations. Judging by the Interview,the VO is quite friendly with u,but seeing what he/she saw in your application,the music changed.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Supernaturalone: 12:52am On Aug 19, 2017
Sorry about your experience. What in particular were you asked regarding the choice of Dr, as I don't see it reflected in your transcript? Dr Akere has been red flagged at Chicago POE and maybe now at the embassy. Like you mentioned, you should show correspondence from an OBGY not a family practice Dr. People have been turned back on account of him no being an OBGY, at POE. I'll advise you get another Dr and reapply ASAP. Fya, Dr Akere delivered my son 4 years ago. smiley

yinks13:
VO: Next time when reapplying make sure you research well about medicals and choose wisely
but she dint
refused Visa

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tobisky23(m): 2:00am On Aug 19, 2017
The doctor has been red flagged...same thing happened to me
yinks13:
but she dint
refused Visa

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 5:52am On Aug 19, 2017
yinks13:

You almost got the visa,but the Dr you used kobalised you. I new Dr Akere was not an obgyn,but dint know he has been flagged at both poe & embassy.
Get a new Dr and hospital correspondence and reapply sharply. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Oluwakeminoah: 6:49am On Aug 19, 2017
Hello peepu,
So I AV been reading posts on this thread for sometime now and DH won't stop saying "go to NL"
Whew!!
We plan on having our baby in Texas.
I have applied for a medical visa 2wce now and was rejected at both attempts.
1st was July 6 and 2nd try Aug 18.
I already gave up bt DH say we can try 1 more time maybe from Abuja and we have to apply for emergency visa cos am 29weeks already and if I wait one more month I might not be eligible to fly even if am granted the visa.

The thing is, I can't really pinpoint what the reject reason is so there's nothing I think I can do differently when I reapply. Lemme share how it went both times so the experts here can advice us�.

1st attempt
Me: hello ma'am, how U doin
Vo; very well thank you. May I have ur passport please
Me: of cos. Hands it over
Vo: wher in the US r u goin
Me: elpaso Texas
Vo:what will you be doin there
Me: m goin there for the birth of my baby
Vo: how long AV u been with XXXx bank
Me: about 3 years
Vo: what's your role
Me: told her
Vo: how much is the hospital bill
Me: we actually have a budget to cater for the entire....not let me finish n she asks again
Vo: "how much is the hospital bill"
Me: $2700
Vo: do u have any proof of the bill
Me: yes I do n I gave her
Vo: how long AV u been married?
Me: 1 yr 4 months
Vo: does ur husband have a visa?
Me: yes he does
Vo: what does he do whenever he goes to the US
Me: he's been to the US once before and for vacation
Vo: do you have a copy of his visa?
Me☹️️ No I don't have it at the moment.

She Types plenty things and hands over the blue paper.

So then we tot it's cos i didnt have his visa copy with me. DH says maybe cos she couldn't track his movement with the visa, she musta assumed he's in d US and m running off to be with him. So we applied again 2 days after and d closest date available was Aug 18.

2nd attempt.
Me; Hi good morning, how you doin
Vo: very well thank u, passport please. Flips thru
Vo:you goin to Texas! What exactly will u be doing dere
Me: will be having my baby there
Vo: so u AV been to Tanzania and Zambia! On vacation?
Me: Zanzibar in Tanzania for my honeymoon and visited my husband in Zambia that's wher he works.
Vo: oh great! What does your husband do
Me:he's an IT consultant
Vo: how long has he worked in Zambia
Me:3 years now
Vo:and u work for a Nigerian bank?
Me: yes I do
Vo: do u have a correspondence with any hospital in Texas
Me: yes please. While trying to get it
Vo: I think you should just hand me all documents you have for my perusal
Me: very happy and relieved as i ad more than enof, I just packed everything well arranged and gave him.

All d documents include.
Budget sheet
Doctors corespondence
Hospitals correspondence
Hospital bill
Letter from my employer
My statement of acct NGN n USD
My husbands statement in Zambian currency
My husbands employment letter,work permit, biodata page,old visa,renewed Visa,tax payment evidence
Letter of sponsorship from my husband
Online booking for accommodation in Texas
Marriage Cert n newspaper publication as my name on my passport is still maiden.

The dude took time to go through all the document. I stood dere for close to 10 mins while he was scrutinizing.
Within me I was rest assured and confident that I have the visa.

After the long wait
Vo: m sorry, ur application does not qualify under the US govt blanlabla... and hands me the blue slip .

''Twas like I was dreaming. I sha collected it n left.

Still can't pinpoint what went wrong

�Sorry for the long post o... its my first.

Do U think I shd give one more shot and what would I do differently this time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.