Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978540 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TWoods(m): 2:53am On Sep 26, 2017
^^^^ shocked Why don't you read a few pages back. I'm sure you'll find what you need. Spamming the thread won't help you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Spakuls: 8:07am On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=Dollarsolution post=60833618]

Please Stop spamming the thread...Read a few pages back or you start from part 2 or 3,all the answers are there..Thank You
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Otokini01: 9:56am On Sep 26, 2017
Please i was turned back today from my interview and given the white paper which states why i wont be interviewed i only just realised that the barcode on my appointment confirmation and the barcode on the confirmatiom with my passport photograph is not the same and on the paper it says i can apply in two days time please how do i go about it and also must it after two days or i can do it on the second day help please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 10:58am On Sep 26, 2017
debby516:
I have a quote from Piedmont. I got their email last week. you may pm me.

could you please share with me quote from Piedmont hospital my email is setportablebamie@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 2:05pm On Sep 26, 2017
kazchick:
Please house I need your advice. I have filled the form for the visa and am scheduling the interview but I am seeing that the nearest available dates is in November and I plan to travel around the end of the same month. I know I should have done this visa wahala earlier since I am due at the end of December but my dear partner decided to delay. Now I am in a fix, is it too late for me and I shld just jeje go for the normal interview in Nov or should I apply for expedited interview? Please don't bash me o

Just keep refreshing. an aerlier date might just pop up.
When granted your VISA is always ready in about 3 daysm So u can just choose the November and go like that...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 2:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Sent.
Ayob3:

could you please share with me quote from Piedmont hospital my email is setportablebamie@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by silverchi: 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
Thanks alot.
He has contacted me

silverchi:
Pls who can help me with contact of sm1 that can expedite my request on

Visa on Arrival

I sent an email severally since wenesday to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng attaching all our data page & flight itineraries. The reply I got was just "Received"

I sent the email again till now no reply yet. I'm to travel this week.
Pls how can I expedite this pls?[
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ayob3: 4:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
Oluwakorede5:
Hello mamas in the house. Atlanta mamas please I need your help. I am the US already and I want to change my hospital from Piedmont to Grady. Does anyone know or have Grady correspondence? Secondly, please I need US/Atlanta bound mamas help. I need two packs of tetmosol soap. I will fully bear the cost. Thanks in advance.

Hello dear, please did you eventually change from Piedmont ? could you please share with me what you settled for i.e Hospital, Doc e.t.c. my email address is setportablebamie@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Reine22: 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2017
BootyliciousHon:
So in the spirit of giving back...
Scheduled time for Emirates flight...5:50pm
Time i arrived at MMIA...3:30pm (i dont know the devil that put one kain traffic jam on the road)
Date of flight...sept. 12
Number of travellers...myself and active toddler
Flew at 34 weeks and 2days
Was asked for fit to fly before checkin...showed the emirates lady who then made a copy for me. Had one check in box. Picked up my hotel voucher as i had a 22hr layover in dubai. Got on the plane and was asked for my fit to fly which i gave them. I looked a lot bigger than 34 weeks though.
The flight was smooth as expected with goodies for my kid. Arrived dubai at 4am ish. Asked where to get the hotel shuttle and was directed. Got to the hotel and checked in. It was time for breakfast by then so i simply showed my boarding pass and went to eat at the restaurant. Went up to my room took a nice long bath and rested with my toddler. Had lunch and dinner same way and then checked out by 11pm. Hotel shuttle dropped us at the airport. Boarded my flight and landed Orlando international on Thursday 14th at 10am. It wasnt easy considering my big tummy but i survived.lol.
POE Experience
I was among the first to alight the plane so i was like the 4th in line. Ours was tge only flight. Only one other Nigerian family on the flight. I noticed the CBP officers were all smiles and joking with others...my turn
Me: good morning (with smiles)and hands over over passport to him
Him :good morning(with a smile)
Him : what brings you to the US today
Me: am here to have my baby
Him: youre pregnant? (Seems the smile reduced a bit or maybe i imagined it)
Me: yes i am
Him: how long will you be here for?
Me:10weeks
Him: how much to do you have on you?
Me: 960 dollars and the rest on my card (it was after i spoke i realised i didnt say how much was on the card)
Him:do you have any food items ( asking while looing at my landing card)
Me: yes. Just Dried fish
Him: place your 4 fingers and your thumb.( I do that) follow me and i'll take you to whom you will speak with. ( thats secondary inspection )
I get there and there's just one white man there. I sit and my toddler is busy talking and playing for Africa. The officer there is a woman
Woman:how long are you here for?
Me: 10 weeks ( am still sitting where i am as i answer) then i later go close to her
Her: when are you due
Me: october xx
Her: do you have a doctor?
Me: yes
Her: any documents to back it up?
Me : yes . I askes if she wants to see it and she responds in the affirmative. I hand it to her then go back to sit.
(Envelope contents: fit to fly, letter from doctor, cost estimate from hospital, budget sheet, BoA account statement, hospital registration, email correspondence with doctors office)
I sit for some minutes then she calls me to follow her. Says i should pick my bag and head to agric that my passport will be there and i can head out from there. Did that. Bag passed thru scanner...no need to open and inspect. Called my host and went home.
...so now we have a sample of orlando

Sorry for the long post

Hello, please you haven't responded to my earlier request on the hospital you used and the cost breakdown for Orlando. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by solfunmi: 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
Any elpaso mum in town this October? Please who knows anything about cargos and airport pick up. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elohim24: 8:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=Babatwi post=60789969]

please come in o, I printed the dummy form online to perfect it before filling it online. I narrowed my own purpose of traveling to visiting while that of DW to medical. my questions are as follows,...
is it when we are going for interview that we will go along with correspondence from the hospital/birth center, 6 months statement of account for both of us, introductory letter from our places of work.

someone said there should be correspondence between the doctor here in Nigeria and the one in US (how true is this)

I'm planning to have like 2 million in my account by October ending, can my wife have like a million plus in her account as well, I'm asking because I wilk be the sponsor, is this okay?

is there any other documents we need apart from the ones listed above?

would they accept a printed email as the correspondence or it must be a sent hard copy from there?

kindly help me out here..DW is 13weeks now but I want to prepare as early as possible because someone posted earlier that earliest date for interview is Nov. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Buku: 8:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=elohim24 post=60859680][/quote]

Hi,
From what I know ,I think 3million is kinda low for two applicant, that is not up to 10000 dollars, I guess you will need more
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kazchick(f): 9:52pm On Sep 26, 2017
mesh2003:

Once the fathers name is not on the birth certificate, you don't need a consent letter from the father to get a passport because nobody was named as her father on her birth certificate. Likewise if you have full custody of your child, you don't need consent from him. Got my daughters Nigerian passport without the fathers consent cos I have full custody of her.

Please I am interested in this. How do you go about this? Is there any process involved? Esp in this Naija. I had always thought that putting the father's name on the birth certificate is always compulsory?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 9:41am On Sep 27, 2017

@ elohim24

I'll try as much as possible to address your concerns as you raised them.

Yes,it is when you go for interview that you will take your supporting documents with you.

It is not compulsory for your Nigeria Dr to communicate with your US Dr,except on the request of your US Dr.

3 million Naira is on the low side for both of you. Try and do a budget and take it with you when going for interview,it gives the impression that you have done your homework (if you need help on this just type budget sheet on the search space on top of this page and narrow it to travel section,it will give you an idea) Try and make the funds in your account be above your budget,so that it won't be as if you want to use all your savings to go and born abroad.

Yes,printout of email correspondence between you and your US doctor should do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by freshdad: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
i greet you my sister, congrats again..
ashedzi:
*Long Post Alert*
...With this, our Missionary journey came to an end. We are back home. I saw the mighty hands of God. 2 him alone be all the glory. Am so happy I found this thread, most of the information was gotten here. Special thank 2 Nerf,freshdad and to all those that took out time to respond to my questions no matter how awkward it sounded. God bless u all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Omodadi2: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
I am here again, any mate in the house?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Auntyme: 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hello. Anyone interested in a shared apartment in Chicago between now and first week of Dec should send a mail to queenelizabeth1234@hotmail.com. Please do not bother if you won't be needing a two months lease at least, effective Oct 1. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
Whats good family..
Why is this place dull naa. cool
Any late Feb/Early March moms heading for Chicago lets team up. Wifey is due this period.

PM me. Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 4:21pm On Sep 27, 2017

My bro... th best way to prepare is to be well informed and this thread is loaded.

I humbly advice you and your wife to take ample time to study this thread in and out at least from Part 3.

I assure you, yoy would thank me later.
Asking random questions here and there would complicate matters for you if you are new to this.

Congrats once again @elohim24
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by blueblood1(m): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ramj:
Whats good family..
Why is this place dull naa. cool
Any late Feb/Early March moms heading for Chicago lets team up. Wifey is due this period.

PM me. Cheers

hi, please wahts the cost like if one decides to birth in Chicago?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ashedzi: 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
freshdad:
i greet you my sister, congrats again..

I hail u, na u do well. How ur side?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by YETI28: 7:32am On Sep 28, 2017
silverchi:
Thanks alot.
He has contacted me

Hii dear, pls can u send me your application u sent to immigration for the visa on arrival so I use d format for mine, thanks. My email boyety28@gmail.com.
Av you gotten a reply from them yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.