Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (339) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978522 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Creme7: 4:04pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hello house please need your advice. I got my visa in 2016 June for visitor but never used it. Now I am pregnant and want to use same visa to give birth in the US. Do I apply for another visa or use the existing one and state my intent at the POE. Very urgent please. Thanks all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
elohim24:
good morning house, please the veteran should help me out o. I was about applying for DW and my own visa on Friday but I had to stop to seek some clarification. where on the for would I notify that she's going for childbirth? since B1/B2 is for medical, tourism and business. I intend to go through my office and I was told to just apply for visiting for both of us, get letter of invitation from relative over there, I'm confused here, help a brother out

Both of you will apply for B1/B2. You will narrow yours down to tourism visa,while your wife will narrow hers down to medical,its all there.It's when she goes for interview that she would now tell them the type of medical she is applying for,which is to go and give birth. Don't make the mistake of applying for tourism for the both of you o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Creme7: 7:07pm On Sep 24, 2017
Creme7:
Hello house please need your advice. I got my visa in 2016 June for visitor but never used it. Now I am pregnant and want to use same visa to give birth in the US. Do I apply for another visa or use the existing one and state my intent at the POE. Very urgent please. Thanks all

Someone help please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Travelpes: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
Below is a response from Lag VO on a similar enquiry.
Hello kokorita -

You have two options. Your first option, and my recommendation, is to apply for a visa without using dropbox, have an interview, and disclose your current intent to have childbirth in the US during the interview. This is the safest option, as your intent will then be documented in the system, and you are much less likely to be turned away at the Port of Entry while heavily pregnant after the expense and the long flight to the US. Your second option is to continue with the dropbox visa that you have, and bring all the necessary documents to the Port of Entry. CBP has the authority to allow you into the US at the Port of Entry based on a valid B1/B2 visa and your documents, and some people are succesfull in doing this. Some are not.

I want to emphasize this point, as I see it being discussed here often. Sending a "change of intent letter" has no effect. It does not go into the file or into the casenotes, it does not get to CBP in any way. The only way to ensure that your changed intent is documented is to apply for a new visa and have a new interview.
Creme7:

Someone help please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Creme7: 7:39pm On Sep 24, 2017
Travelpes:
Below is a response from Lag VO on a similar enquiry.
Hello kokorita -

You have two options. Your first option, and my recommendation, is to apply for a visa without using dropbox, have an interview, and disclose your current intent to have childbirth in the US during the interview. This is the safest option, as your intent will then be documented in the system, and you are much less likely to be turned away at the Port of Entry while heavily pregnant after the expense and the long flight to the US. Your second option is to continue with the dropbox visa that you have, and bring all the necessary documents to the Port of Entry. CBP has the authority to allow you into the US at the Port of Entry based on a valid B1/B2 visa and your documents, and some people are succesfull in doing this. Some are not.

I want to emphasize this point, as I see it being discussed here often. Sending a "change of intent letter" has no effect. It does not go into the file or into the casenotes, it does not get to CBP in any way. The only way to ensure that your changed intent is documented is to apply for a new visa and have a new interview.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 3:45am On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=fasttrack post=60775309]
Yea, bought baby's ticket and baby's Yankee passport before I emailed them. Ofcourse you'll need the Yankee passport to add his ticket[/quote
Sorry I didn't quite get you, you need the passport before you get his return ticket? Is that what you meant? So you didnt use the baby's travel itinerary to get the passport then?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by veegurl: 3:49am On Sep 25, 2017
fasttrack:

Yea, bought baby's ticket and baby's Yankee passport before I emailed them. Ofcourse you'll need the Yankee passport to add his ticket
Sorry I didn't quite get you, you need the passport before you get his return ticket? Is that what you meant? So you didnt use the baby's travel itinerary to get the passport then?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chinemeze17: 7:39am On Sep 25, 2017
Lollipop1234:
Any Jan 2018 mummies going to houston.....
I'm a January mom and will be heading to Houston in November

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Chijiuche: 8:59am On Sep 25, 2017
Chinemeze17:

I'm a January mom and will be heading to Houston in November

Yes I am January mom...Heading to Houston by Dec. Was initially torned between LA and Houston but the correspondence received from LA was not detailed enough so I am fully Houston Mama now wink

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 11:03am On Sep 25, 2017
Hello, i dont have any Doctor's contact in Atlanta, just doctor's quotes i got from the thread.
freddywells81:

Kindly send me the Atlanta doc contact too pls. fredrickakinrinsola@gmail.com.
I appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 11:35am On Sep 25, 2017
Hello house my hubby and son went for there interview today , they were denied. Transcript below.
Vo........ Why are you going to Texas
DH..... Vacation and also visiting my wife. .
V0........ Wouldn't your son be in school by then DH......... Will talk to his school to allow him. V0... Where do you work ...... .Dh ........ Financial institution bla bla. V0....How long do you intent to stay
DH...... 3 weeks. Vo.... Have you travel before. DH.......... Yes Vo............ We're sorry you're not eligible for usa for now blah blah blah, put the green form in between his passport. am so sad , they didn't check his documents at all. . They plan to reapply soon. Or should we all reapply together since I already have a visa. Please is there any hope sad sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Kunsoft(m): 11:45am On Sep 25, 2017
kokorita:
Hello house my hubby and son went for there interview today , they were denied. Transcript below.
V0........ Wouldn't your son be in school by then DH......... Will talk to his school to allow him. V0... Where do you work ...... .Dh ........ Financial institution bla bla. V0....How long do you intent to stay
DH...... 3 weeks. Vo.... Have you travel before. DH.......... Yes Vo............ We're sorry you're not eligible for usa for now blah blah blah, put the green form in between his passport. am so sad , they didn't check his documents at all. . They plan to reapply soon. Or should we all reapply together since I already have a visa. Please is there any hope sad sad

Timing is the Issue here. let him apply with your Son between November and December When the School will be on Break.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
I think it depends on the age of your son and when you expect them to arrive.

My daughter was almost 2 and half years when she and my hubby went for their interview, a week after i arrive the US. The VO actually spoke for them, by assuming that both father and daughter were going for vacation. No document was checked. Though they were to arrive the US end of November for a 3 weeks vacation, so more of a December holiday. Besides, she is a toddler. In the US, she wont even be eligible to start sch sef.

If you guys are not travelling together and hubby is just to come and visit you when baby arrive, more so u did dropbox and didnt state childbirth, i advise you safely arrive in the US and let their interview be after your arrival.

kokorita:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 12:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
Thanks a lot kunsoft, they will reapply by November. But am traveling next month. Just confused . Plan on going for interview with them since I already have a visa. please any one going to Dallas next month to share Accomdation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kokorita: 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
Thanks Debbie. Will do has you have said. Makes more sense.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by debby516(f): 12:12pm On Sep 25, 2017
You couldnot have gone with them for interview. They wont allow you inside. Even though your son is a minor, your husband can speak for him. Just do like i said, i think its a neater arrangement. Best of luck.

kokorita:
Thanks a lot kunsoft, they will reapply by November. But am traveling next month. Just confused . Plan on going for interview with them since I already have a visa. please any one going to Dallas next month to share Accomdation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Senatornuella: 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
Most times I try to understand these VO and why they refuse visas. My analogy is not water tight but come to think of there are basic things one needs to prove and they are you have ties in your country, you are financially capable to foot the bills and you are coming back after the period you state you would.

Now taking your child with you isn't wrong but saying you are going to pull your child out of school for the purpose of going to birth another may have put the VO off and she needed you to clarify by asking you what happens to her schooling. If perhaps you stated that you didn't intend to travel with her now but later on during summer and since it is a 2 year visa it would be understandable and so the next question might have been who will care for her when you are gone.

However, as much as some persons don't think that God's favour is also needed, it is! That is why some person show all the good evidence and still get refused.

Your hubby can apply again with or without your child but if for the purpose of childbirth I advise he apply without her but if for the purpose of family vacation apply when schools have closed. For you applying with them depends on if your visa is medical or not, if it is not medical I am sure you know the stance of NIV here on this place

[author=kokorita post=60810833]Hello house my hubby and son went for there interview today , they were denied. Transcript below.
DH...... 3 weeks. Vo.... Have you travel before. DH.......... Yes Vo............ We're sorry you're not eligible for usa for now blah blah blah, put the green form in between his passport. am so sad , they didn't check his documents at all. . They plan to reapply soon. Or should we all reapply together since I already have a visa. Please is there any hope sad sad [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sanddieo: 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Good day. pls i will apprecaite a quick inputon this. I have a valid visa that's expiring in november. My application qualifies for a dropbox (i just filled the form using my old profile but i am yet to submit). i also read on this page that i need a ds160 form for the dropbox but i wasnt asked to fill any. The number of my old form was still attached.

Now should i go ahead with the dropbox since i applied now for a B2 visa and not consider going for another interview? 2) How do i now get the DS160 form i am supposed to submit with other documents for the dropbox
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2017
sanddieo:
Good day. pls i will apprecaite a quick inputon this. I have a valid visa that's expiring in november. My application qualifies for a dropbox (i just filled the form using my old profile but i am yet to submit). i also read on this page that i need a ds160 form for the dropbox but i wasnt asked to fill any. The number of my old form was still attached.

Now should i go ahead with the dropbox since i applied now for a B2 visa and not consider going for another interview? 2) How do i now get the DS160 form i am supposed to submit with other documents for the dropbox

What you filled was the appointment scheduling. It will carry the code for your previous DS 160 there. Please cancel.
Look for DS 160 form
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.asp
Note above it says COMPLETE before scheduling appointment

DS160
https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
Use your previous email add and password.

When you done filling it and submitting you'll have the new code. Go back to schedule appointment and start a new process. Just make sure the code on your new DS 160 is what you fill there(delete previous one)

Whether you do dropbox or schedule appointment is up to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by sanddieo: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
Thank you so much
salsera:

What you filled was the appointment scheduling. It will carry the code for your previous DS 160 there. Please cancel.
Look for DS 160 form
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-ds160complete.asp
Note above it says COMPLETE before scheduling appointment

DS160
https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
Use your previous email add and password.

When you done filling it and submitting you'll have the new code. Go back to schedule appointment and start a new process. Just make sure the code on your new DS 160 is what you fill there(delete previous one)

Whether you do dropbox or schedule appointment is up to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by silverchi: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Pls I will appreciate a quick advise on who can help me

Concerning Visa on Arrival

I sent an email since wenesday to oa@nigeriaimmigration.gov.ng attaching all our data page & flight itineraries. The reply I got was just "Received"

I sent the email again till now no reply yet. I'm to travel this week.
Pls how can I expedite this pls?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by goobyparks(f): 9:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
feddy27:

Your POE is Chicago. You will meet the CBP officials there

Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by kazchick(f): 10:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
Please house I need your advice. I have filled the form for the visa and am scheduling the interview but I am seeing that the nearest available dates is in November and I plan to travel around the end of the same month. I know I should have done this visa wahala earlier since I am due at the end of December but my dear partner decided to delay. Now I am in a fix, is it too late for me and I shld just jeje go for the normal interview in Nov or should I apply for expedited interview? Please don't bash me o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mesh2003(f): 12:05am On Sep 26, 2017
Ijesco:
Please does anyone have any experience or suggestion regarding the processing of Nigerian passport by a single mum with only the mother's name on the birth certificate) What's the process for obtaining court affidavit like?

Once the fathers name is not on the birth certificate, you don't need a consent letter from the father to get a passport because nobody was named as her father on her birth certificate. Likewise if you have full custody of your child, you don't need consent from him. Got my daughters Nigerian passport without the fathers consent cos I have full custody of her.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.