Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (978732 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Newmummie: 12:07am On Sep 23, 2017
Please who’s coming into Houston this weekend. Desperately in need of malaria drugs. Help, help, help!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 8:54am On Sep 23, 2017
kokorita:
Thanks a lot suzyt,
Really do appreciate. Pls wanna find out if they give hotel for going and coming back. Wakanow gave me a hotel voucher but wanna find out, my layover is 8 hours. While coming back is 14 or so. Also will be 30 weeks when I go. Please what do you advise with the fit to fly. Thanks cool cool

Sorry for the late response. Yes they do. It could either be in the airport or in the city. The only challenge is that with the city airports, you are really not guaranteed a visa and the airline makes it abundantly clear that it is at the discretion of the Qatari immigration guys whether or not to grant a visa. So even where you have a valid voucher for city hotels, you still may not be able to use it. My friend ended up booking the airport hotel herself and another slept in the lounge as the hotel costs about 200 usd a night. The airport hotel however is only given to business class travelers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 8:57am On Sep 23, 2017
kokorita:
Thanks a lot suzyt,
Really do appreciate. Pls wanna find out if they give hotel for going and coming back. Wakanow gave me a hotel voucher but wanna find out, my layover is 8 hours. While coming back is 14 or so. Also will be 30 weeks when I go. Please what do you advise with the fit to fly. Thanks cool cool

Check their website but my recollection is that at 30 weeks, with a singleton (i.e. Not twins +) you can rely on your hospitals fit to fly without more (except the guys at Lagôs airport decide to make you "patronize" port health as well. But please check to be on the safe side and ask Wakanow it's their responsibility to guide you accordingly.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by bouqounmie(f): 10:09am On Sep 23, 2017
I don't think the bolded is right. I bought an economy ticket and i got a room in the airport hotel on my return leg last year November.

Suzyt:

Sorry for the late response. Yes they do. It could either be in the airport or in the city. The only challenge is that with the city airports, you are really not guaranteed a visa and the airline makes it abundantly clear that it is at the discretion of the Qatari immigration guys whether or not to grant a visa. So even where you have a valid voucher for city hotels, you still may not be able to use it. My friend ended up booking the airport hotel herself and another slept in the lounge as the hotel costs about 200 usd a night. The airport hotel however is only given to business class travelers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hi Jordie,

Did you have your vbac and where? Kindly share experience and details. Sent you a PM

jordie:
Congratulations Ma.
Am in a similar situation too.
Most hospitals or birth center won't allow VBAC. Travelling next week by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by drI: 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
Newmummie:
Please who’s coming into Houston this weekend. Desperately in need of malaria drugs. Help, help, help!!!

I am currently in Houston and I came with fansider and children coartem. any issues

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by amanda0: 9:40pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hey,
Thank God for journey mercies. Pls i how waa the flight and service on virgin atlantic especialky their food lol. Thanks.quote author=ashabby post=60664128]Hi everyone,

So I arrived New York on a B1/B2 Visa on Virgin Atlantic airways on Monday about 11 pm

POE was extremely good
Wasn't sent to agric though I declared food.

First missionary journey, first time in the US.

Thank God[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Agbo2014: 10:33pm On Sep 23, 2017
Hi house, I bought a Turkey airline ticket from travelstart to the US. How do I make the ticket reservation for the newly born baby for our returns to Nigeria. Please advice me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
Tahar:

Hi please can you share the atlanta doc contact with me at lawal.deola@gmail.com. Thanks in advance

She is yet to forward to me...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nita3: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
I also used Turkish, i went to their office in Houston and made the reservation for my baby. I paid $92. You should search for Turkish airline office around you to make the booking or call their customer service line to make reservation, if there's no Turkish office near you.
Agbo2014:
Hi house, I bought a Turkey airline ticket from travelstart to the US. How do I make the ticket reservation for the newly born baby for our returns to Nigeria. Please advice me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ijesco: 12:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Lucky you. I flew into atlanta last month using Air France. Delivered safely last week and when I called the airline to add baby to my ticket, I was told it Will cost $444. I asked a friend in Nigeria to call their Nigerian office and she was told that the ticket can only be added from the US. Please does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get a cheaper ticket as I am to return to naija in about 2 weeks time.

quote author=Nita3 post=60767724]I also used Turkish, i went to their office in Houston and made the reservation for my baby. I paid $92. You should search for Turkish airline office around you to make the booking or call their customer service line to make reservation, if there's no Turkish office near you.
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ijesco: 1:02am On Sep 24, 2017
Please does anyone have any experience or suggestion regarding the processing of Nigerian passport by a single mum with only the mother's name on the birth certificate) What's the process for obtaining court affidavit like?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nita3: 1:31am On Sep 24, 2017
I think it depends on the airline. Cos last time, i used lufthansa and paid $363 for my baby's ticket. I was surprised Turkish charged $92.
Ijesco:
Lucky you. I flew into atlanta last month using Air France. Delivered safely last week and when I called the airline to add baby to my ticket, I was told it Will cost $444. I asked a friend in Nigeria to call their Nigerian office and she was told that the ticket can only be added from the US. Please does anyone have a suggestion on how I can get a cheaper ticket as I am to return to naija in about 2 weeks time.

quote author=Nita3 post=60767724]I also used Turkish, i went to their office in Houston and made the reservation for my baby. I paid $92. You should search for Turkish airline office around you to make the booking or call their customer service line to make reservation, if there's no Turkish office near you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Tamad101(f): 6:50am On Sep 24, 2017
You may want to try at the airport on the day of departure had the same quote in 2016 but got it for 165 at the airport for a return ticket.
Ijesco:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by elohim24: 7:47am On Sep 24, 2017
good morning house, please the veteran should help me out o. I was about applying for DW and my own visa on Friday but I had to stop to seek some clarification. where on the for would I notify that she's going for childbirth? since B1/B2 is for medical, tourism and business. I intend to go through my office and I was told to just apply for visiting for both of us, get letter of invitation from relative over there, I'm confused here, help a brother out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Suzyt: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2017
bouqounmie:
I don't think the bolded is right. I bought an economy ticket and i got a room in the airport hotel on my return leg last year November.

I'm sure your experience is accurate. I'm speaking from my experience in relation to tickets used in August and one to be used in November. Perhaps it's a luck thing. But so far, that has been my experience with them and I used two agents.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fasttrack(m): 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
veegurl:

You bought baby's ticket before you emailed them?
What about processing baby's passport, was it baby's ticket or your own itinerary
Yea, bought baby's ticket and baby's Yankee passport before I emailed them. Ofcourse you'll need the Yankee passport to add his ticket
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mohddd: 11:23am On Sep 24, 2017
Hello Ify good morning. Pls can you send me Dr xydas contact and the hospital fee attachment you sent to others in your previous post. Thanks I will appreciate a quick response.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Mohddd: 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2017
Please Kristin baby what is the name of the doctor you used. Kindly send me the contact details. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by feddy27: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2017
goobyparks:
Hello lovely NLders,

Pls I'll be going on my 1st journey to the US (2nd baby tho) in 2weeks. I have this concern, and will appreciate some clarification. I will be using BA. My itinerary is Lagos - London - Chicago - Norfolk.
Norfolk, Virginia is my final destination. My ques is; where will i meet the CBP officials? Is it in Chicago or Norfolk?

Your POE is Chicago. You will meet the CBP officials there

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.