Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (979859 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
justwise:

You are asking people to do their own research and complaining about people that are flooding cheap hospitals mentioned here but at the same time you are mentioning cheap ones you saw online.

I said this in part or two that people should do their own research and stop recycling one hospital else they will increase their prices.

Many people reading this thread are agents looking out for such info to give to their clients for a huge fees.

Gbam!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2017
shrekandfiona:

Lol @ justwise being an agent cheesy

On the issue of people setting up birthing concierge or agencies, I have no problem with that. After all the people that patronize them choose to. However, I have an issue with an agent refusing to research on his own but misusing the research info others have freely shared and even sending PMs upon PMs to still get more.

Well I am a witness to that and since then I and many others have chosen to only share info amongst familiar few online. What Aye88 and Nerf said on price increase due to Nigerians is 100% true lipsrsealed

Since then na siddon look we dey...

Shift lemme sit next to you. Abeg you get bitter kola make I chew
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by isaleko: 12:53am On Oct 28, 2017
thanks all visa renewed through dropbox picked up this morning 4 working days processing. phew

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by edmasta01: 2:02am On Oct 28, 2017
Wow...I cant believe I sat through 4 hours reading through this entire thread to get more information about giving birth in the USA.

Now that I am done....my head is "bursting"...lol.

After waiting 7 years, I and my "madam" are expecting our first baby in January 2018 (through CS - I know this due to previous medical history) and we are looking to give birth in Maryland (that's where we have families).

We both have British Passport (which means we can visit the US from the UK for up to 3 months without applying for a Visa - Although we do need to fill out an Esta Form to notify the US Border Control We are coming).

Has anyone on this thread gone through this route before?

To be honest, I am not keen on giving birth in America (as I know the baby will get a British Citizen and the hospital fees is free in the UK as We pay national insurance for this already).

But "madam" really wants to do this, and I am happy to make it happen (I am so excited...will finally be a dad!)

I did some research myself, and found Mercy Medical Centre (who won't take wifey at 35 weeks when I called to enquire). John Hopkins Hospital is astronomical in prices and a few others I rang personally ranged in prices between $10,000 - $15,000.

Will be ringing a few others e.g. Holy cross next week Monday to get more information too...

Has anyone used any hospital in the Maryland area that is affordable? Please "help a brother".

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by fiyray: 3:41am On Oct 28, 2017
Good day everyone. Please any one in San antonio Texas for the purpose of giving birth??
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 5:06am On Oct 28, 2017
edmasta01:
Wow...I cant believe I sat through 4 hours reading through this entire thread to get more information about giving birth in the USA.

After waiting 7 years, I and my "madam" are expecting our first baby in January 2018 (through CS - I know this due to previous medical history) and we are looking to give birth in Maryland (that's where we have families).

We both have British Passport (which means we can visit the US from the UK for up to 3 months without applying for a Visa - Although we do need to fill out an Esta Form to notify the US Border Control We are coming).

To be honest, I am not keen on giving birth in America (as I know the baby will get a British Citizen and the hospital fees is free in the UK as We pay national insurance for this already).

But "madam" really wants to do this, and I am happy to make it happen (I am so excited...will finally be a dad!)

I did some research myself, and found Mercy Medical Centre (who won't take wifey at 35 weeks when I called to enquire). John Hopkins Hospital is astronomical in prices and a few others I rang personally ranged in prices between $10,000 - $15,000.

Will be ringing a few others e.g. Holy cross next week Monday to get more information too...

Has anyone used any hospital in the Maryland area that is affordable? Please "help a brother".

So when your child grows up and start working he/she will start paying income tax to two govt? British and American govt..

Why would a British citizen need an American passport or travel to US to give birth when its free in the UK? Even if you don't pay NI or don't work at all NHS services is still free.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mademade: 10:16am On Oct 28, 2017
Petdaughter:
Pls are there any LA or California moms for Feb/March let me know. Thank you

Hi. Will be soon L.A December till march

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mademade: 10:26am On Oct 28, 2017
Xclusivemaama:

We landed atlanta and i headed straight to the POE queue...The line was too much but i had to manage and wait for my turn...Connected to the airport wifi and contacted my hubby and host.

(Meanwhile i was praying i meet either the black cbp woman or the black man that looked cheerful and all nice but alas i went to the mean looking white dude cos someone was directing us)

Me: Hi
CBP: Hello, Passport please (barely looking at me)
Me: (in my mind i was like ah i don long matter be dat)
CBP: What are you here for?
Me: Vacation and probably have my baby (dunno if he even hrd the baby part)
CBP: When was the last time you came to the US?
Me: Never been here before, this is actually my first time
CBP: (Now looked up at me) Can i.have your itenarary? Wot do you do
Me: Sure, brought out my ticket and gave to him.. while an answering the second question( im an electrical/electronic engineer works with bla bla bla
CBP: So you are staying till January? (after looking at my ticket)
Me: Yeah i would
CBP: Are you staying with family or friend?
Me: Family
CBP: Were in atlanta?
Me: Marietta
CBP: Okay place you four fingers on ghe scanning machine, then took my pictures and stamps my passport..
Me: I was in shock..wanted to ask him if he even hrd i came to give birth cos he didnt even ask to see my money, or ask for all the plenty correspondence i had inside my bag..I sha received sense and closed my mouth.
CBP: Welcome to America but im sorry since you declared foodstuff i will av to take you for the next process so they can inspect your bag..
He puts my declaration form and passport inside a green file and called someone to take me...

I got to another female office who told me to go get my bags and directed someone to take me to the baggage inspection room...
I got there and met a nice white man..he told me to open my box cos it was padlocked..
He saw my dried leaves and said he was impressed how i neatly packed it wit clear labelling..asked if i av egusi, ogbono etc i told him yes..he looked at my passport and tried pronouncing my name in a funny way..i laughed and help him and told him the english meaning...
He asked if i av a nickname,i told him and and he laughed.. Gave me my passport and asked me to go..
Omo the thing was still like a movie..i took my two bags..got a trolley and rolled it out myself and met up wit my host..
The whole poe experience took like 15mins...Something that gave me sleepless night...wen we landed atlanta,my heart was beating fast.. but it all ended in praise...

I have learnt my lesson, whatever will be will be..Sometimes we panick for nothing..
This was my first time in the US and didnt use my visa for the original intention..

Nairaland really helped me thats why i said i must give back..someone tensed might relax from this..

Currently awaiting my doctors appointment next week and baby's arrival..
**Sorry for the typos..still jetlagged
I key into your testimony
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

So when your child grows up and start working he/she will start paying income tax to two govt? British and American govt..

Why would a British citizen need an American passport or travel to US to give birth when its free in the UK? Even if you don't pay NI or don't work at all NHS services is still free.
Some people don't even know what they're spending their money for.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2017
elfmann:

I guess some people buy into the idea of world citizen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
My Take on all these is that - Nairaland is an open forum and unfortunately nothing you and I can do about that. Most wont be here it it was a closed or secret Forum

2. Agents are there because people will use them and nothing you and I can do about it. Despite the info here many still use agents for many reasons. Nothing you and I can do about their decision.

3. If because of agents and ghost readers and all sorts we all stop sharing info that brought this thread this far, then..... i dont know ooo

4. Price increase like CC is painful but ..... Sometimes i believe it would help remembwr that this thread grww because pwople explored and shared. everyone can go back to work. And thats what we should encourage. Its optional in the long run. A lake becomes stall a river remains fresh - Selah

5. This thread has made many see the possibility of birthing in US and doing it right. If we are not tactful like Wikipedia we might just soon drive down this thread.

6. Lets respond rather than react which is what is happening. Rather than lay blames lets encourage each other to make further research and explore and encourage to share if you wanna.

Mamas and papas have shared in the past even down to all last prices.. It shouldnt be a crime now

@Justwise many are getting lost and frustrated as to the purpose of this thread. As the Moderator there is need to be tactful. If we want people to do findings there is a way to go about it. If not na so so PMs we go dey see. Please think about it.

Je m'appelle Ramj

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ramj:
My Take on all these is that - Nairaland is an open forum and unfortunately nothing you and I can do about that. Most wont be here it it was a closed or secret Forum

2. Agents are there because people will use them and nothing you and I can do about it. Despite the info here many still use agents for many reasons. Nothing you and I can do about their decision.

3. If because of agents and ghost readers and all sorts we all stop sharing info that brought this thread this far, then..... i dont know ooo

4. Price increase like CC is painful but ..... Sometimes i believe it would help remembwr that this thread grww because pwople explored and shared. everyone can go back to work. And thats what we should encourage. Its optional in the long run. A lake becomes stall a river remains fresh - Selah

5. This thread has made many see the possibility of birthing in US and doing it right. If we are not tactful like Wikipedia we might just soon drive down this thread.

6. Lets respond rather than react which is what is happening. Rather than lay blames lets encourage each other to make further research and explore and encourage to share if you wanna.

Mamas and papas have shared in the past even down to all last prices.. It shouldnt be a crime now

@Justwise many are getting lost and frustrated as to the purpose of this thread. As the Moderator there is need to be tactful. If we want people to do findings there is a way to go about it. If not na so so PMs we go dey see. Please think about it.

Je m'appelle Ramj

What do you want me to think about? Explain to you the purpose of this thread after 6 yrs of existence?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

What do you want me to think about? Explain to you the purpose of this thread after 6 yrs of existence?

I choose to keep smiling but Justwise try to read my post again. Especially the one you marked in bold

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 2:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ramj:

I choose to keep smiling but Justwise try to read my post again. Especially the one you marked in bold

If you need info and you are willing to spend your millions in this project then you don't need me or anyone here to encourage you to do a bit of research, if you prefer sending pm or paying an agent then it's your call.

People have shared more than enough info here to benefit anybody willing to read and take note.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by lesg4: 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ramj:

@Justwise many are getting lost and frustrated as to athe purpose of this thread. As the Moderator there is need to be tactful. If we want people to do findings there is a way to go about it. If not na so so PMs we go dey see. Please think about it.

Je m'appelle Ramj

@Ramj u r just wise lol my tots exactly. if its now secretive then someone has to be ready to play God and choose who deserves info and who doesn't. to be honest i feel like some statements made by the so called moderators have been abit derogatory.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Xclusivemaama: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
mademade:

I key into your testimony

Amen dear...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
If you are still lost after reading this thread from 1 to 5, you need google maps.

I am Nerf. I'm in my house, come and beat me

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Beautyaddy: 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
nefertitiram:
If you are still lost after reading this thread from 1 to 5, you need google maps.

I am Nerf. I'm in my house, come and beat me

Lol!! cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
This thread is an encyclopedia itself. If you have info you desperately want to share, scroll down, click on Nairaland ads and pay to place ads so that the whole world can see you want to help people and direct them since you are very magnanimous.

Anything otherwise you are paying lip service to the word help.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Ramj: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

If you need info and you are willing to spend your millions in this project then you don't need me or anyone here to encourage you to do a bit of research, if you prefer sending pm or paying an agent then it's your call.

People have shared more than enough info here to benefit anybody willing to read and take note.

More than enough info do you really mean that... Where in the world do you get to that...

If enough info has been shared then why not lets close this thread

It seems you are not just getting the point.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:32pm On Oct 28, 2017
Beautyaddy:

Lol!! cool

I needed info on Altanta. I have no idea about Atlanta. All I did was search doctor contact Atlanta . in less than a second I got the doc name, Hosp, email, contact phone number everything!!

If I do same for NY, Maryland, LA , Philadelphia, a lot in info will jump out.

If google has made 21st century search so easy, I don't know what else people want again. CC has increased price, yet there are over 5 affordable hospitals in Chicago. How will they know if they don't research? This task I undertook 2 years ago. Nobody paid me to do it. Then one id.iot agent will build an empire off my sweat. Then they think I will continue to share here? Is MUMU written on my forehead?

Anyways, if they desperately need info, they should use google and buy recharge card. Make those calls.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ramj:

More than enough info do you really mean that... Where in the world do you get to that...

You came and met the thread. The thread remains and the rules stand

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by baddo(m): 5:41pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

I totally agree

I would like to thank everyone on this tread for all the information shared. I have benefited in no small way. It is more than enough for anyone who cares to read. I was here live when the mighty VOA was unmasked, prior to that it was almost like a ship in a bottle task to decifer the procedure. Information is valuable and people pay for it. The number of agents here I am sure could easily match the DIY people. If only the DIY guys here were in the majority the current trend of doors closing in less than a year after it was discovered may not be so much of a concern well then again that depends on a constant discovery of these new doors. I can imagine how one would feel if he or she were to discover a place and share only to return back and he or she is told that they have increased cost of service due to high demand.

Number of new doors is directly proportional to the number of people using them.

If you can spend millions on this project, you sure can spend a day or more to read and take notes. For those who will no longer share details especially of new discoveries it is your right. For those who descide to do share it is also your given right as long as it is within the terms and rules of the thread.

There is a world of info here men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ramj:

It's open for people who are not lazy to read to benefit from invaluable resources here.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by nefertitiram: 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
baddo:

I totally agree

I would like to thank everyone on this tread for all the information shared. I have benefited in no small way. It is more than enough for anyone who cares to read. I was here live when the mighty VOA was unmasked, prior to that it was almost like a ship in a bottle task to decifer the procedure. Information is valuable and people pay for it. The number of agents here I am sure could easily match the DIY people. If only the DIY guys here were in the majority the current trend of doors closing in less than a year after it was discovered may not be so much of a concern well then again that depends on a constant discovery of these new doors. I can imagine how one would feel if he or she were to discover a place and share only to return back and he or she is told that they have increased cost of service due to high demand.

Number of new doors is directly proportional to the number of people using them.

If you can spend millions on this project, you sure can spend a day or more to read and take notes. For those who will no longer share details especially of new discoveries it is your right. For those who descide to do share it is also your given right as long as it is within the terms and rules of the thread.

There is a world of info here men.

Chop kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by aye88: 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
edmasta01:

Type hospitals in Maryland in the search button here. You will find names of different hospitals in the M.D. area that readers here have used. I posted here a list of hospitals in Maryland and their prices about two years ago. If you search here, I'm sure you will still come across the file. I no longer have the list on my phone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by hifybam: 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
good evening house,pls my dw just got pregnant and we are thinking of birthing in usa. we would like to know how to go about getting visas and how much it will cost us

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by edmasta01: 7:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

When My Child grows up, he or she will be entitled to foreign earned income exclusion. You should read up: https://brighttax.com/blog/the-foreign-earned-income-exclusion-everything-you-need-to-know

You made it sound like....i shouldn't be ambitious to give birth in the USA because my child automatically will have a UK passport.

It's my choice to go give birth in the USA even when I can get the same service in the UK for free. Same way it's anybody's choice to decide to leave Nigeria to give birth in the USA. My choice does not need to make sense to you. Na my money I go spend na!

Tell me you won't give anything to have your child have both a UK and US passport if you can...sigh!

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by edmasta01: 7:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
elfmann:

Dont knock someone's decision without understanding their circumstances in total.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by edmasta01: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
aye88:

Type hospitals in Maryland in the search button here. You will find names of different hospitals in the M.D. area that readers here have used. I posted here a list of hospitals in Maryland and their prices about two years ago. If you search here, I'm sure you will still come across the file. I no longer have the list on my phone.

Aye88.....God bless you abundantly for this. I sincerely appreciate your comment and I just checked and got some hospital names. Will check them out soon.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.