Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (977297 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (416) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by missexiest: 9:26am On Jan 12, 2017
Hi everyone n Happy new year .Pls is there anyone coming to abuja from maryland/washington/virginia anytime soon that can help me bring two rolls of diaper, two slip ons n few clothes..i dont mind paying for excess luggage pls help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2017
Krystalclear:
Hi everyone, please i need ut help. I just joined this group. And i only got to know that i might have committed a blunder. I applied for a B1/B2 Visa and had my interview in December. But i didnt tell the VO that i was pregnant. I just said i was going on vacation in April. I realized that was a huge mistake. Please what do i do now since i was issued the visa. My EDD is in June Should i travel to the US in February for about 2 weeks then go back again in May to give birth?
Secondly, i told them i was going to stay with family in Philadelphia. Do i have to go to Philadephia or I can go to see other family anywhere else?
Thanks a lot

Make sure u don't travel to anywhere but Philly but u can travel to another state after ur first trip. Did the VO asked if u were pregnant and u said no? if that is the case, that isn't look good but if HE/SHE didn't ask, u can claim u weren't asked when u went for ur visa interview when thE question comes up at the POF. All that matters is grace of God. x
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by MissBimbee: 9:56am On Jan 12, 2017
missexiest:
Hi everyone n Happy new year .Pls is there anyone coming to abuja from maryland/washington/virginia anytime soon that can help me bring two rolls of diaper, two slip ons n few clothes..i dont mind paying for excess luggage pls help a sister

Hi Missexiest, please can you provide an email address I may use to contact you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 10:33am On Jan 12, 2017
Don't risk it. You most likely will be deported, have your visa cancelled and be banned for 5 years permanently. I don't know why you didn't travel as indicated in your form, but it will be seen that you lied at your interview and hide the fact that you were preggy. Remember Trump will be in power, and immigration policy will less likely be forgiving.
If you send that letter. You may be called to the embassy and your visa cancelled.

TimcyWhyte:
Hello Everyone. Happy new year. Please this is my first time in this forum. Am in a state of dilemma now and please need your urgent response and honest advice. First of all, my hubby and I applied for B1/B2 visiting visa for the Xmas holiday for the first time but something came up and we couldn't travel again in December for the Xmas.though I was pregnant during the interview but was not even asked any question apart from where I am working of which I told them. But they asked my hubby most of the questions but didn't ask if I was preggy. Though had my letter of correspondence with me and all other documents incase they asked if I was preggy so that I can show them but they didn't even check our document. And now we planning to use it to go for the Easter holidays in April and also to birth that same period since I will be due in may this year. Please my fear now is do I need to send a mail to the embassy as regards letter of Change of intent? Secondly if I send the mail, will they reply me back and if they do, what is there response gonna look like for those that have done this before. Will they ban one after receiving the letter of change of intent? Or better still I just travel like that then I will declare at the POE that am preggy and coming for vacation and birthing. But will this affect me later on when am doing Dropbox later on. But after this trip we intend to still travel more within the two years they have given us before it expires. Please kindly help a sister in confusing state right now cos my head is really banging. I will be really grateful. Await your advice.Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 10:35am On Jan 12, 2017
I think the defence of "I wasn't asked, if I was pregnant" only works if you have used the visa, for the initial purpose but if you haven't, it will seen as a lie. You may be lucky, but in your next renewal it might cause problems.

papi7:

Make sure u don't travel to anywhere but Philly but u can travel to another state after ur first trip. Did the VO asked if u were pregnant and u said no? if that is the case, that isn't look good but if HE/SHE didn't ask, u can claim u weren't asked when u went for ur visa interview when thE question comes up at the POF. All that matters is grace of God. x

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by TimcyWhyte: 11:01am On Jan 12, 2017
Am so so confused right now my lovely people. Am so scared as well. Different opinions scattering my head and my head. If am to use it for the purpose it was gotten then the Xmas holiday has passed now. And more also. Am preggy now. Does that mean I should now have my baby here. Then later travel for the purpose of which was issued before. Or in should just declare at the POE that am going for Birth and Vacation. Then when am back, will still try and use it to travel like twice before it expires. Then I can now do renewal later on. By so doing they might not remember the first initial travel. Then might just do Dropbox after some years. What do you guys suggest I do please.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
TimcyWhyte:
Am so so confused right now my lovely people. Am so scared as well. Different opinions scattering my head and my head. If am to use it for the purpose it was gotten then the Xmas holiday has passed now. And more also. Am preggy now. Does that mean I should now have my baby here. Then later travel for the purpose of which was issued before. Or in should just declare at the POE that am going for Birth and Vacation. Then when am back, will still try and use it to travel like twice before it expires. Then I can now do renewal later on. By so doing they might not remember the first initial travel. Then might just do Dropbox after some years. What do you guys suggest I do please.
My dear they remember everything. If u hv moni travel for a week now to where u told dem den come bk and arrange.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 12:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
1. Have your baby here in Nigeria.

2. When you want to travel to the US, for vacation, apply for a Visa for your child. You may be asked if you are pregnant or if you would want to use the visa for any other purpose other than vacation, be honest.

3. You may or may not be asked why you didn't go for your vacation, be prepared to give a reasonable answer, backed up by evidence if possible.

4. When you have gone for the vacation, to fulfil all righteousness, send a letter to the embassy, that having gone for vacation, you would want to go for childbirth (this should be after ur child's visa application and the trip to the US for vacation).

5. This is the safest bet. Though its up to you, take the risk.

TimcyWhyte:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2017
If the pregnancy isn't visible, you can take that risk. But what do you say, if you are asked by the CBP, if you are pregnant?

finegirlna:

My dear they remember everything. If u hv moni travel for a week now to where u told dem den come bk and arrange.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by placebo(f): 12:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
papi7:

Its two ways. The fact that they didn't ask you if you were preggy that is a plus but they may think you wanted to go have your baby in the U.S that was why you guys went for the VISA application. But at this point, write a letter if intent about your situation and they will reply. You can send me a personal email and i will forward the response they sent me to you so, you see how it looks like.( i wrote a letter of intent too )
Before traveling, make sure u contact a doctor and hospital and print out the correspondent and most of all, travel along with money to show them you are capable of paying the hospital and doctor bills. I hope this helps.
Cheers. x

Please can you send their response to my email too thank you in advance. The email is mrsjirikap@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Havefaith222: 1:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
I'm happy I found this very informative thread. I have a very peculiar case and I would love to seek advice from those who are experienced in this regard. I have a similar case with a particular poster(can't remember her name now). I had my first pregnancy in 2014 but lost it at 27weeks when water just broke @ night. Three months after the loss I found out I was pregnant again and registered with a government hospital immediately so the pregnancy can be monitored,unfortunately at 25 weeks an incompetent cervix was diagnosed,had d baby at 26weeks and my baby lived for five days and passed on. I got pregnant again 5months later but this time around I had a cerclage placed at 14weeks at Island Maternity,unfortunately at 27 weeks water broke again and I lost the baby again.Immediately this happened I knew I cannot afford to continue this,this happened in Oct 2016, and till date no one has any explanation as to why it happened again even though I suspect it was as a result of infections from the cerclage. Immediately after the loss we got advised to process visas to go over to the US to have the next baby.
Now the issue I have now is hubby and I applied for B1/B2 visas which we got since I am not pregnant yet we were not asked if we would use the visas for any other purpose asides vacation so we did not see any need explaining in details. Our intention(out of ignorance) was to use d visas for childbirth immediately I take in again. Please how do we go about it now? Would it be advisable to just go as we planned since I ws not pregnant when we got the visa? Or would I have to go on vacation first before I get pregnant again? So sorry for the long post. Thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
If the pregnancy isn't visible, you can take that risk. But what do you say, if you are asked by the CBP, if you are pregnant?

I'm not the one oga
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by vcole: 2:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello. So sorry about your miscarriages, God willing you won't have to go through this again. Did you get screened for strep B infection during any of these pregnancies? Diabetes? Hypertension? Is your thryoid function normal? Any thyroid antibodies? You may wanna exhaust all your options as regards a proper evaluation by a competent ob/gyn.
As regards the visa, it may be wise to go for a vacation before you get pregnant.
Havefaith222:
I'm happy I found this very informative thread. I have a very peculiar case and I would love to seek advice from those who are experienced in this regard. I have a similar case with a particular poster(can't remember her name now). I had my first pregnancy in 2014 but lost it at 27weeks when water just broke @ night. Three months after the loss I found out I was pregnant again and registered with a government hospital immediately so the pregnancy can be monitored,unfortunately at 25 weeks an incompetent cervix was diagnosed,had d baby at 26weeks and my baby lived for five days and passed on. I got pregnant again 5months later but this time around I had a cerclage placed at 14weeks at Island Maternity,unfortunately at 27 weeks water broke again and I lost the baby again.Immediately this happened I knew I cannot afford to continue this,this happened in Oct 2016, and till date no one has any explanation as to why it happened again even though I suspect it was as a result of infections from the cerclage. Immediately after the loss we got advised to process visas to go over to the US to have the next baby.
Now the issue I have now is hubby and I applied for B1/B2 visas which we got since I am not pregnant yet we were not asked if we would use the visas for any other purpose asides vacation so we did not see any need explaining in details. Our intention(out of ignorance) was to use d visas for childbirth immediately I take in again. Please how do we go about it now? Would it be advisable to just go as we planned since I ws not pregnant when we got the visa? Or would I have to go on vacation first before I get pregnant again? So sorry for the long post. Thank u

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by KaptainAfrika: 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
Of course, I wasn't replying to you.

finegirlna:

I'm not the one oga
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 12, 2017
KaptainAfrika:
Of course, I wasn't replying to you.

Okooo it's in my mentions thought as much
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by boldinc(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
vcole for president! cool

vcole:
Hello. So sorry about your miscarriages, God willing you won't have to go through this again. Did you get screened for strep B infection during any of these pregnancies? Diabetes? Hypertension? Is your thryoid function normal? Any thyroid antibodies? You may wanna exhaust all your options as regards a proper evaluation by a competent ob/gyn.
As regards the visa, it may be wise to go for a vacation before you get pregnant.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Babatwi: 3:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
Havefaith222:

It breaks my heart to read such. So sorry to read about your travail. The ideal thing for you to do is use the visa for vacation 1st after which you can now use it to travel again when you become pregnant. The Lord is your strength,afflictions will not arise a 2nd time In Jesus name. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
Havefaith222:

This is not a serious case but it will become one if you mismanaged it.

You are not pregnant when you applied for the visa..no problem, so use the visa for the vacation as planned.

You can use the same visa to return to US for child birth later.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
papi7:

Its two ways. The fact that they didn't ask you if you were preggy that is a plus but they may think you wanted to go have your baby in the U.S that was why you guys went for the VISA application. But at this point, write a letter if intent about your situation and they will reply. You can send me a personal email and i will forward the response they sent me to you so, you see how it looks like.( i wrote a letter of intent too )
Before traveling, make sure u contact a doctor and hospital and print out the correspondent and most of all, travel along with money to show them you are capable of paying the hospital and doctor bills. I hope this helps.
Cheers. x

No its not a plus because they alway ask you during the interview what you are going to US to do and many give answers like..vacation. see family bla bla bla.

That is an opportunity to declare your true intention of applying for that visa, they don't have to ask you specifically about child birth.

Letter of change of intention is not a short cut here and it has been abused far too many times.

Why do we always remember to use the visa for child birth AFTER getting the visa?

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
hgyy

justwise:

No its not a plus because they alway ask you during the interview what you are going to US to do and many give answers like..vacation. see family bla bla bla.

That is an opportunity to declare your true intention of applying for that visa, they don't have to ask you specifically about child birth.

Letter of change of intention is not a short cut here and it has been abused far too many times.

Why do we always remember to use the visa for child birth AFTER getting the visa?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Jan 12, 2017
papi7:
the thing is, you can't predict what may happen

in my case, when i got my visa, i was asked if i was pregnant and i said no bcoz i wasn't.

i was suppose to travel on holiday but i decided not to till i was pregnant and i had no issues at POF.

I used my VISA again with my baby, when i got to the POE all they asked me was my hospital n doc receipts which i provided.

i got my visa renewed with no hassle

One can't predict what might happen we can only hope for a better outcome.

This is not the same case with the person you advised. You weren't pregnant when you attended the interview so there is no point saying yes to that question, but the op was pregnant and did not declare it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 5:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
Please my people, any suggestions on cheap hotels around JFK? There was a delay on Turkish airline to new York and so American airline to destination will be missed.
The next thing is to look for hotel now oh....prompt suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by papi7: 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
CHECK BOOKINGS.COM YOU WILL SEE CHEAP HOTELS THERE

semilore12:
Please my people, any suggestions on cheap hotels around JFK? There was a delay on Turkish airline to new York and so American airline to destination will be missed.
The next thing is to look for hotel now oh....prompt suggestions will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by mumzt: 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
justwise:

They almost always ask if ud seek medical care. Child birth is medical care. It's at this point childbirth should be declared IMO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by ifysoft: 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
semilore12:

Call the airline, they will put you on standby for the next flight for same day.
Happened to me and my family on 24th and Delta put us on standby, so call american and see if they will do same for u too.
Cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by semilore12: 7:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
ifysoft:

Call the airline, they will put you on standby for the next flight for same day.
Happened to me and my family on 24th and Delta put us on standby, so call american and see if they will do same for u too.
Cheers.

Thanks so much....the flight is the last one from jfk same day. Though the rep suggested that we still approach the counter and discuss with them. But even if the standby will be granted, that means it will be the next day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Havefaith222: 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
vcole:
Hello.
Thank u so much @ vcole and Amen to your prayers,I was screened for diabetes and there was no issue with my bp @ all with all three pregnancies. I'm just not comfortable with the way my case is being handled here anymore.Thanks for the advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Havefaith222: 8:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
justwise:

Thanks JW, I guess i'll have to squeeze out funds for that now because we no budget this one @ all.......anyway God dey . But must I go with hubby since that was d plan and must I also go the Florida because that's what we have as our vacation destination. Thanks for ur response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello everyone. I have been long time follower since I was referred to this thread. You all are very wonderful with ur information.
Pls I need an advice.
I got my visa in 2014, our application was processed from my husband office he works with the military. My daughter & I were issued the visa here in abj as we told them we wanted to go for vacation at my aunt's place in maryland. . During the interview nothing really was asked though I was pregnant & very early. I was asked if I wanted to have more kids I said yes but I didn't tell them I was pregnant & I wanted to birth in the US cos as at that time wasn't so sure. I was to go for Xmas @ my aunt place in maryland bt my FIL died so couldn't go.
Fastforward I got to the US chicago airport in march with my daughter without any doctors report or any documents just cash of roughly 10k. Was stamped for 6months sent for secondary inspection that was when I was asked why I didn't tell them I was pregnant during the interview I told dem I wasn't asked, they checked their system & confirmed.... They asked for my doctors correspondence I told dem I didn't have as my aunt has made contact but I didn't have the info, but I knew I was going to use PG hospital in maryland.
Was finally allowed in, was ineed a miracle as i wasnt prepared with supporting documents. . .
Had my baby in PG hospital, paid my bills & came back.
Now the question.
My visa Expired in Sept last year.
1. I want to renew via Dropbox. Do I apply For B1/B2 or just B2.
Am not pregnant yet though am planning to towards the end of the year by God's grace.
For now no plans of travelling for vacation as tickets are high.
2. Do I wait till am pregnant b4 applyin.
3. If I apply now what & what should I expect. Though I paid my bills to the last dime b4 leaving the US.

So sorry for the long post just want to give a clear picture so you know where to start advising me from.
God bless you all.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (416)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.