Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer (13705 Views)

What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / Has God Ever Answered Your Prayer(s)? Has Juju Ever Worked For You? / A Message To A Female Nairalander (God Has Answered Your Cry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:
The last time I checked, atheists are comparatively the least charitable people in the world.
Yes like Bill Gates. grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Lennycool1: 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
God exists.
The care of God can be argued on other grounds.
Ill take your words seriously if you can show me a verse in the Bible where God promises a EARTH free of pain, suffering and evil.

These things exist temporarily. I try as much as possible to show lovd to people, to help people as much as I can. What do you do?

Come to Nairaland and tell people not to believe in God becausd people are suffering undecided

Work, not talk. You thread is dishonest and will not motivate a single person to help another.

Create a thread to motivate love, and not this stupidity.
The bolded is why I opened this thread of "stupidity" because of people like you that think those children's suffering is somehow okay because its temporary. Tell me will they go hell too because they didn't know Jesus before death or will God give them leniency to heaven.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

Lol... Am glad you thank your God in tears... So u thank him for giving u tears... Lol.

U don't have to answer the question bro... E pass u.

There is something u clearly dont know.

That what is good to you may be evil to someone else.

It is people like u who will call God wicked for flooding the earth.
You are also the same person here saying why will God allow people to suffer like this?

Please Answer this question:

Is it possible to erase the people responsible for all these evil on earth without causing more pain and suffering?

Please answer.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Lennycool1: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Or like zuckerberg

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 6:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

Lol... Am glad you thank your God in tears... So u thank him for giving u tears... Lol.

U don't have to answer the question bro... E pass u.
U Should know that Winner01 is A [size=20] Big Hypocrite [/size]

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 6:38pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:

I do not have an answer to all these questions, but no one has all the answers to lifes questions either.

But it does not disprove the existence of God. God never said he's going to wipe evil off the face of the earth.
Evil exists temporarily and the Bible gives a reasonable explanation for it

Ok, these questions might not disprove the existence of God but they sure prove that your idea of God is psychotic and disturbing.

Have u considered that you might actually be worshipping a monster? I think k humans need to kill it, ibstead of worshipping it (that's if he exists, for most of u who usually gets confused at this point)
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Sorry, Bill Gates is not an atheist.

Try hard.
Moreover, for every bill gates there are a thousand christian charities

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 6:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool1:

Or like zuckerberg
Mark is trying to launch free satalite to Space for Africans!! what are our Christians And pastors doing eh

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by bennyann: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
Even in my most painful moments I still give thanks to God. When I had no one to help, no money, no food, still, I gave thanks to God and asked Him for help. And when He sent help, I thanked Him. If He hadn't, I would still have thanked Him by His grace.

OP, it doesn't mean those of us thanking God for His blessings were never once like those suffering you're talking about. But we never stopped thanking God because He said in everything we should give thanks to Him.

OP, next time you see such people, make sure you do a survey from time to time and find out if you'll still see the same people in the same situation because I'm sure they would have gotten help through missionaries, NGO's and the rest.

Don't forget, "the poor you'll always have with you." The question is what will you do about it in your own little way?

We are not in a perfect world, we can't all be rich and healthy at the same time because it would mean we wouldn't even need each other.

AND don't forget that those who thank God for His blessings also pray for God to bless the needy.

HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TIME

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool1:

The bolded is why I opened this thread of "stupidity" because of people like you that think those children's suffering is somehow okay because its temporary. Tell me will they go hell too because they didn't know Jesus before death or will God give them leniency to heaven.

Show me 1 of these children you have successfully rehabilitated with proof and I will show you 10 I have successfully rehabilitated with proof like names, addresses and whatever else you need...

You see this blame game does not work with God. It would work if He had not made us to be in charge of the earth...He expects us to do good to our fellow man and now instead of you DOING good (which is an act) here you are talking and blaming everyone excluding yourself even when you have not impacted or attempted any among those you are complaining about and using as pawns in this blame game of yours....

Is that all they are to you? Just tools to blame God with? How many have you helped? Today I was around Oshodi while coming back from Ogbomoso where I went to and I had to alight so I could give my own humble financial assistance to those beggers on the bridge and I made sure I bought a bottle of ice cold mineral for each of them and when done I took another vehicle to Ajah my residence....

Make some effort to do more and complain less... if man can destroy this world through Hatred and selfishness and greed we can also fix it through Love and this is the message of Jesus...LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF...Do you do this?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Try hard.
Bill gates does not believe in God. However he holds to the belief that man cannot know if God exist or not. He doesn't believe in a God. No agnostic does.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Try hard.
Bill gate is An Agnostic like all all Atheist i bet you love using Widow 0S?

This Contradict the Statement You made earlier and besides when last did you visited the Orphanage to at least provide them with food stuffs i guess u are Against Abortion won't it be Hypocritical if I haven't been to an orphanage home before? Oh and that reminds you Can lie as Far as you are lying for Jesus It's OK. grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

Bill gates does not believe in God. However he holds to the belief that man cannot know if God exist or not. He doesn't believe in a God. No agnostic does.

U have already ended ur sentence by exposing urself.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
bennyann:
Even in my most painful moments I still give thanks to God. When I had no one to help, no money, no food, still, I gave thanks to God and asked Him for help. And when He sent help, I thanked Him. If He hadn't, I would still have thanked Him by His grace.

OP, it doesn't mean those of us thanking God for His blessings were never once like those suffering you're talking about. But we never stopped thanking God because He said in everything we should give thanks to Him.

Have you really gone through that kind of suffering? Has anyone that you know personally gone through that kind of suffering.?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 6:46pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Bill gate is An Agnostic like all all Atheist i bet you love using Widow 0S?

This Contradict the Statement You made earlier and besides when last did you visited the Orphanage to at least provide them with food stuffs i guess u are Against Abortion won't it be Hypocritical if I haven't been to an orphanage home before? Oh and that reminds you Can lie as Far as you are lying for Jesus It's OK. grin

How does it contradict?

Or u are the one who demonstrated ignorance by calling him atheist?

U r just a joker.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

Show me 1 of these children you have successfully rehabilitated with proof and I will show you 10 I have successfully rehabilitated with proof like names, addresses and whatever else you need...

You know it's OK to lie As far as you Are doing it For Jesus No Qualms!

You see this blame game does not work with God. It would work if He had not made us to be in charge of the earth...He expects us to do good to our fellow man and now instead of you DOING good (which is an act) here you are talking and blaming everyone excluding yourself even when you have not impacted or attempted any among those you are complaining about and using as pawns in this blame game of yours....

One Thing about You Christians Is that You are Quick to judge how do u know @bolded?

Is that all they are to you? Just tools to blame God with? How many have you helped? Today I was around Oshodi while coming back from Ogbomoso where I went to and I had to alight so I could give my own humble financial assistance to those beggers on the bridge and I made sure I bought a bottle of ice cold mineral for each of them and when done I took another vehicle to Ajah my residence....

An Atheist is Someone that Lacks Belief in A God Named or Unnamed not Just Your own we As Atheist also understand where problem lies in the society... and by the way it's OK to lie As far as am lying For Jesus

Make some effort to do more and complain less... if man can destroy this world through Hatred and selfishness and greed we can also fix it through Love and this is the message of Jesus...LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF...Do you do this?
This thread Is A Topic That needs to be discussed there is noting personal to it i don't know why u think there is?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You know it's OK to lie As far as you Are doing it For Jesus No Qualms!

One Thing about You Christians Is that You are Quick to judge how do u know @bolded?

An Atheist is Someone that Lacks Belief in A God Named or Unnamed not Just Your own we As Atheist also understand where problem lies in the society... and by the way it's OK to lie As far as am lying For Jesus

This thread Is A Topic That needs to be discussed there is noting personal to it i don't know why u think there is?

oh really there is nothing personal about it yet the OP took it personal by blaming God and Christians for the worlds problems when he has not been a solution....Even you who thought you could be smart enough to respond to my comment...Besides constituting a nuisance on nairaland 24hrs of the day how have you been a blessing a help to your generation?

If each one can reach one we can make the world better but how many have you even bothered to reach?

Since you do not believe in God then why not take Gods place and be a solution or a help to people...how many have you helped?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by JhyMedex: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
That is why i used the term "mildly controllable"....I chose those words carefully.

This world is where evil exists temporarily. All kinds of evil.

I do not have an answer to all these questions, but no one has all the answers to lifes questions either.

But it does not disprove the existence of God. God never said he's going to wipe evil off the face of the earth.
Evil exists temporarily and the Bible gives a reasonable explanation for it

What is the atheistic explanation for evilundecided
Mildly controllable?. Am sorry cld u elucidate

Question tho is if God can do all things.. Y has He nt rid d world of d ginormous amt of opinion n agony within it...
I see d pix of starving children n I jst ask... What's stopping God frm saving them from dt agony?..

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

Shifting the goalpost as always winner01. Is the question too hard. I didn't ask what any human had done for them, because we do a lot whether atheist or Christian. I'm asking what God has done. God that can feed them for a year without pouring a sweat, God that can bring paradise and vanquish the devil without all these sinuous plot of good vs bad. God that could atleast not let them be born only to suffer and die.
What is God doing for them?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

There is something u clearly dont know.

That what is good to you may be evil to someone else.

It is people like u who will call God wicked for flooding the earth.
You are also the same person here saying why will God allow people to suffer like this?

Please Answer this question:

Is it possible to erase the people responsible for all these evil on earth without causing more pain and suffering?

Please answer.

From your response and question, I don't think you get my point.

Why blame God when good thing happens to you, like you read and pass exam.

But blame man when you don't read and fail exam?

If people don't read and pass exam they say it's God.
If people don't read and fail exam, they say it's man's fault.

It's God just sitting down and taking glory for what he didn't do?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

How does it contradict?
Or u are the one who demonstrated ignorance by calling him atheist?
U r just a joker.
Bill gates is an atheist so M i but On knowledge We are Agnostic!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 7:00pm On Oct 30, 2016
I honestly tend not to care what thiests believe anymore. It is obvious their God is imaginary. We don't know what the cause of the universe is. There is mo truth only human opinion But basically let them just stop saturating science with creationist pseudoscientific nonsenses. Today somebody said dark matter does not exist. I was so pissed. Do you really have to be so dishonest because you want to believe in a deity so badly. And christians are supposed to be moral

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

oh really there is nothing personal about it yet the OP took it personal by blaming God and Christians for the worlds problems when he has not been a solution....Even you who thought you could be smart enough to respond to my comment...Besides constituting a nuisance on nairaland 24hrs of the day how have you been a blessing a help to your generation?

Nairaland is a public forum am not sure you understand what that means

If each one can reach one we can make the world better but how many have you even bothered to reach?

Since you do not believe in God then why not take Gods place and be a solution or a help to people...how many have you helped?
This Is Why Only We Humans Can make the World a better place and All Atheist understand this
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 7:04pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

You see this blame game does not work with God. It would work if He had not made us to be in charge of the earth..

We are actually not blaming God for anything
You are the ones who blame God for petty positive things that happens in your life not knowing that you are indirectly blaming him for all the evils too.

Winner out rightly said it that he gives thanks to God both in joy and in tears... Tell me, is he not blaming God for both his pain and joy?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Thats 2007

Here is Bill Gates in 2014:

“I think it makes sense to believe in God,”

Obviously, he is getting wiser.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

Shifting the goalpost as always winner01. Is the question too hard. I didn't ask what any human had done for them, because we do a lot whether atheist or Christian. I'm asking what God has done. God that can feed them for a year by without pouring a sweat, God that bring paradise and vanquish the devil without all these sinuous plot of good vs bad. God that could atleast not let them be born only to suffer and die. What is God doing for them?

FYI I am not winner01...Since you do not believe God exists why then do you blame Him?

The question should be...WHAT HAVE YOU DONE IN ORDER TO REPLACE GOD WITH YOUR OWN VERSION OF HELP AND SOLUTION ?

Why blame He who is non existent to you? Shouldnt you be blaming the existent which is you? YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND NOT GOD SO ISNT IT RIGHT TO SAY YOU ARE THE PROBLEM AND NOT GOD?

Do you Love others as you Love yourself? Do you love the HIV infested or the Cancer ridden or the Sore infested as you love yourself? Have you paid someones hospital bills before? Have you taken a poor persn shoppibg before? Have you attempted to make anothers life as comfortable as yours before? Have you fed someone with what you could eat or with less before?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

You are the ones who blame God for petty positive things that happens in your life not knowing that you are indirectly blaming him for all the evils too.

Winner out rightly said it that he gives thanks to God both in joy and in tears... Tell me, is he not blaming God for both his pain and joy?

When has giving thanks turned to blaming anybody for anything? Are you sure you are okay?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 7:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

well to be honest bill gates did say "I think it makes sense to believe in God, but exactly what decision in your life you make differently because of it, I don't know."

It is very much clear that Bill Gates works on Moral beliefs rather than on religious ones.
Creationists quote mine this to say "bill gates believes in God" but he's right even if you believe in a deity or not what difference would it make in your life. There are better things to involve your time into than religion. Bill gates is smart enough to realise that it doesn't matter. It is obvious he has deistic views not gnostic thiest views

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

Shifting the goalpost as always winner01. Is the question too hard. I didn't ask what any human had done for them, because we do a lot whether atheist or Christian. I'm asking what God has done. God that can feed them for a year without pouring a sweat, God that can bring paradise and vanquish the devil without all these sinuous plot of good vs bad. God that could atleast not let them be born only to suffer and die.
What is God doing for them?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

From your response and question, I don't think you get my point.

Why blame God when good thing happens to you, like you read and pass exam.

But blame man when you don't read and fail exam?

If people don't read and pass exam they say it's God.
If people don't read and fail exam, they say it's man's fault.

It's God just sitting down and taking glory for what he didn't do?

I know people who read and were good in their academics only to run mad on the morning they were to write their exams.

Even if u know how to read, its still not a guarantee.
Hence the need to thank God when u succeed.
And even real christians also thank God when the going "seems worse".
Because situations could also be worse. No Matter how bad things look

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Nairaland is a public forum am not sure you understand what that means

This Is Why Only We Humans Can make the World a better place and All Atheist understand this

Let me narrow it down to you...Since you say atheists believe we are the solution how have you been a solution? is it by constituting a nuisance on Nairaland daily? is it via your nairaland memes? what have you tangibly done outside nairaland which is worthy of being called a solution...

Oya name them.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

some people are stupid enough to say God helped them find their car keys

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The False Doctrine Of Eternal Torment And Judgement After Death(sleep) / Zambian Prophet Prays For Ladies' Soap To Entice Men (Photos) / What's The Meaning Of Old Things Are Passed Away Behold All Things Are New?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.