Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer (13679 Views)

What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / Has God Ever Answered Your Prayer(s)? Has Juju Ever Worked For You? / A Message To A Female Nairalander (God Has Answered Your Cry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Thats 2007

Here is Bill Gates in 2014:

“I think it makes sense to believe in God,”

Obviously, he is getting wiser.
Bill gate is An Agnostic Atheist if you Don't know what the term means I think u Should do a research

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 7:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

We are actually not blaming God for anything
You are the ones who blame God for petty positive things that happens in your life not knowing that you are indirectly blaming him for all the evils too.

Winner out rightly said it that he gives thanks to God both in joy and in tears... Tell me, is he not blaming God for both his pain and joy?
they even say nonsense like "God helped them find their car keys"

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
jonbellion:
well to be honest bill gates did say "I think it makes sense to believe in God, but exactly what decision in your life you make differently because of it, I don't know."

Did he say he believe in God? that why i said he is Agnostic!

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Bill gate is An Agnostic Atheist if you Don't know what the term means I think u Should do a research

Hahaha.

Operation become atheist by force. (OBAF) grin
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
God permits evil temporarily, it does not discredit the existence of God.

Most of those kids whose picture you have posted are back in heaven with their Maker free from the evil on earth.

God has created earth which can provide for mans need, not greed and foolishness.

Stop being a bigot.

So you're saying God lets these people die and suffer....
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

Let me narrow it down to you...Since you say atheists believe we are the solution how have you been a solution? is it by constituting a nuisance on Nairaland daily? is it via your nairaland memes? what have you tangibly done outside nairaland which is worthy of being called a solution...
Oya name them.
Nairaland is A public forum and the Religion section people do visit and so they learn one or two from the Arguments it's no news that Nairaland has Helped turned many Atheist... As an Atheist we Understand that God is Not going to come down from heaven to help anybody it's all left to us Humans But do Theist hold that kind of View? the theist actually care more About the Afterlife than they do this life so why try to fix anything?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

U have already ended ur sentence by exposing urself.
He doesn't believe in God but still he pays billions to charity and he and zuckerberg and others have already signed to donated almost all their net worth to charity. How many Nigerian pastors can boast of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Hahaha.
Operation become atheist by force. (OBAF) grin
He is Agnostic
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 30, 2016
I honestly feel that you lot who go about blaming God for why your poop is black and not white or why you need to drink water instead of never being thirsty or why your dad or relation had to die when God would have made them live forever or at least till were 200yrs old.....I think you lot should do more and talk less...

Theory is easy and anyone can theorise anything but Practice is what is tough or nigh impossible for most.

Help all you can as that is Gods original plan for you to even function in and don't sit back somewhere saying God should go and dig a well for the those without water or God should cook food for those without food or God should grow yams or corn when you have not planted any.

Do more and talk less. Make use of your youth and energy practically and profitably and not all these Jamboree on nairaland in the name of a blame game and using the less privileged as an object of mockery to buttress your case.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

There is something u clearly dont know.

That what is good to you may be evil to someone else.

It is people like u who will call God wicked for flooding the earth.
You are also the same person here saying why will God allow people to suffer like this?

Please Answer this question:

Is it possible to erase the people responsible for all these evil on earth without causing more pain and suffering?

Please answer.

Quick reality check for you. There is no evidence of such a flood ever happening..you would think a world wide flood would be easy to prove..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah%27s_Ark#Historicity

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 7:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

And even real christians also thank God when the going "seems worse".
Because situations could also be worse. No Matter how bad things look

Lol... So what's the point in thanking God anyway? Are you thinking him for allowing you go through worst situation?

Remember your guys are of the view... "In everything gives thanks" so saying that the situation could get worst is out of place because even if it does , u will still thank him...

So when u thank for bas situation are u not blaming him for the bad situation? I mean why thank him if he is not responsible.

Should we then conclude that God is responsible for starving children on earth? I mean, considering the fact that you expect we thank him for the situation of suffering kids. When then do u guy still Blame man and thank God for it... U guys seem confused.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2016
LightandDarkness:

So you're saying God lets these people die and suffer....

God is not man. Death doesnot mean to you what it means to God.

Those people who "suffer and died" may be in heaven free of death and suffering while you remain the advocate of the dead against God - the creator of life itself.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Raina80(f): 7:24pm On Oct 30, 2016
Whatever it is you were trying to do you suceeded.You are very aware that you can never have an objective discussion in matters of religion ...any religion
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Nairaland is A public forum and the Religion section people do visit and so they learn one or two from the Arguments it's no new that Nairaland has Helped turned many Atheist... As an Atheist we Understand that God is Not going to come down from heaven to help anybody it's all left to us Humans But do Theist hold that kind of View? the theist actually care more About the Afterlife than they do this life so why try to fix anything?

This

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
LightandDarkness:

Quick reality check for you. There is no evidence of such a flood ever happening..you would think a world wide flood would be easy to prove..https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah%27s_Ark#Historicity

My dear, this thread is not to debate that. U seem to be very far away from the topic.

I was talking about when God decides to destroy wicked people.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool1:
I doubt that as a christian you've ever truly thought about the very flawed logic of God answering your everyday trivial prayers.

People ask God for mundane things like
Passing exams
Marrying
Getting a job
Making money
Sunny weather

The list goes on and on and apparently you can ask God for anything(though it doesn't mean he'll always answer you) and when you do get what you asked for, no matter how trivial your request was, you'll instantly think God did it.

"My God has done it for me" is a very popular sentence for the religious, but what they fail to understand is that the moment you claim God answered your prayers it means he left these people

Brother, what do you have against God?
All the instances you listed about starving children and all, have you bothered to tell us what led to such occurrences?
During the Biafran war, did God deprive people of food or water? Did God cause the war? Have you ever woken up to hear that plants have stopped growing, that rain suddenly stopped falling or that people just died in any part of the world for no reason? That's God being consistent in sustaining humans, but we as humans inflict these miseries you just listed on our selves, through our wickedness and selfishness. Tell me, was it God that starved the Biafran children or was it the Nigerian Army? Was there shortage of food? Most of all the instances you mentioned are classic examples of man's inhumanity to his fellow man!

Why blame it on God?

I don't know why you're bent on attacking God and those who believe in him...but I have to tell you that you're threading on a dangerous path! You can't fight against the almighty God, never!

I don't see you as an atheist, Lennycool, I see you as someone who is consciously doing the bidding of the devil; to turn people away from God.

I'm sure you're well read, go and read about the end of people who mocked God and fought against him throughout history....

I honestly pity you, I sincerely do, but I'm sure you'd never understand why.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Nairaland is A public forum and the Religion section people do visit and so they learn one or two from the Arguments it's no new that Nairaland has Helped turned many Atheist... As an Atheist we Understand that God is Not going to come down from heaven to help anybody it's all left to us Humans But do Theist hold that kind of View? the theist actually care more About the Afterlife than they do this life so why try to fix anything?

Stop flopping aroubd like a seal in trouble. ..My question was...HOW MANY HAVE YOU PHYSCALLY HELPED? HOW HAVE YOU BEEN A PHYSICAL TANGIBLE SOLUTION?

Talk and blaming others is cheap...What have you tangibly done about it?

Stop trying to dodge my question. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
JhyMedex:

Mildly controllable?. Am sorry cld u elucidate

Question tho is if God can do all things.. Y has He nt rid d world of d ginormous amt of opinion n agony within it...
I see d pix of starving children n I jst ask... What's stopping God frm saving them from dt agony?..
Children are starving because of the wickedness of man. The earth can provide for our needs not our greed.

God did not promise or claim that he will rid the world of agony. At least till that time comes when He will judge the earth and wipe evil off the face of the earth.

Those innocent children who suffered and died are back with their maker, enjoying themselves. Death to us is the ultimate, to God it is a transition into another realm.

Nothing is stopping God from saving them. But a time will come when He will wipe evil off the earth. That time is not now. In the mean time, me and you can help people as much as we can, love people as much as we can and be useful to our generation.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

Lol... So what's the point in thanking God anyway? Are you thinking him for allowing you go through worst situation?

Remember your guys are of the view... "In everything gives thanks" so saying that the situation could get worst is out of place because even if it does , u will still thank him...

So when u thank for bas situation are u not blaming him for the bad situation? I mean why thank him if he is not responsible.

Should we then conclude that God is responsible for starving children on earth? I mean, considering the fact that you expect we thank him for the situation of suffering kids. When then do u guy still Blame man and thank God for it... U guys seem confused.

I can see how u clearly left out the first part of my post.
Well done.

By the way, Why are u interchanging personal situations like the exams u were using as example before with general global conditions like war-torn starving children?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
jonbellion:
they even say nonsense like "God helped them find their car keys"
Oga, God helped me to find my trouser undecided Kill yourself.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by winner01(m): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

Ok, these questions might not disprove the existence of God but they sure prove that your idea of God is psychotic and disturbing.

Have u considered that you might actually be worshipping a monster? I think k humans need to kill it, ibstead of worshipping it (that's if he exists, for most of u who usually gets confused at this point)
Oya nau. gather your brothers lennycool, hopefulLandlord, hahn and co and go kill it. undecided

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

Stop flopping aroubd like a seal in trouble. ..My question was...HOW MANY HAVE YOU PHYSCALLY HELPED? HOW HAVE YOU BEEN A PHYSICAL TANGIBLE SOLUTION?

Oga can you kindly face the thread and stop shouting like a suspect sentenced to die by hanging?

lets assume he hasn't helped anyone (just an assumption)

it could be due to several reasons

he never claimed to be all powerful, all knowing and all present, did he?

he never claimed to have any of the attributes of your imaginary Skydaddy

and if he's helping someone/people, what difference would it make?

so that you can boast of helping 10 people?

go ahead, beat your chest, seems you love that

you were probably born into a well to do family,

you most likely dont know what it means to be on the verge of death by starvation

when you're done chest beating, would you be so kind to face the thread?

thank you

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 30, 2016
See how all you Atheists here are craftily dodging my question...

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN A PHYSICALY SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEMS YOU LOVE BLAMING GOD FOR EVEN WHEN YOU KNOW YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO HELP?

HOW HAVE YOU CANVASED MONEY OR AID FIR AN IDP NEAR YOU OR IN YOUR COUNTRY? HOW HAVE YOU LIFTED ANOTHERS BURDEN OFF OF THEM?

None of you is saying anything...How quaint.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

My dear, this thread is not to debate that. U seem to be very far away from the topic.

I was talking about when God decides to destroy wicked people.

I know, I just felt the need to check you. cool
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

Oh am Sorry Am Not like you That Brag about How u help people and if i remember correctly Jesus said Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: winner01 doesn't this make You Christian [size=20pt]Hypocrites? [/size]

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Oga can you kindly face the thread and stop shouting like a suspect sentenced to die by hanging?

lets assume he hasn't helped anyone (just an assumption)

it could be due to several reasons

he never claimed to be all powerful, all knowing and all present, did he?

he never claimed to have any of the attributes of your imaginary Skydaddy

and if he's helping someone/people, what difference would it make?

so that you can boast of helping 10 people?

go ahead, beat your chest, seems you love that

when you're done chest beating, would you be so kind to face the thread?

thank you

Yes I am playing my part and have helped more than 10 people which is more than I can say for any of you

So he could have reasons why he couldnt do anything physically to help another yet he has no reason why he shouldnt blame anyone when he has not been a solution himself?

Your intelligence is below my expectation today. Be truthful and stop defending falsehood.

He cannot help but can blame. How convenient.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Did you Notice what 4everGod the hypocrite did on the First page Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

He doesn't believe in God but still he pays billions to charity and he and zuckerberg and others have already signed to donated almost all their net worth to charity. How many Nigerian pastors can boast of that.

If u like keep trying to forceffully add people to ur fold,
An agnostic is one thousand times better than atheist.
Dont even try to mash them up like ur colleague was trying to do just now.

Moreover if i had a dubious mind like u guys, i would create threads to explain how atheists who give to charity are using it for selfish reasons.
But i wont do that.

And then who told u "nigerian pastors' are the model for christianity?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool1:
I doubt that as a christian you've ever truly thought about the very flawed logic of God answering your everyday trivial prayers.

People ask God for mundane things like
Passing exams
Marrying
Getting a job
Making money
Sunny weather

The list goes on and on and apparently you can ask God for anything(though it doesn't mean he'll always answer you) and when you do get what you asked for, no matter how trivial your request was, you'll instantly think God did it.

"My God has done it for me" is a very popular sentence for the religious, but what they fail to understand is that the moment you claim God answered your prayers it means he left these people
lol no oo lennycool you know natural disasters are usually the Abrahamic Gods way of punishing gay people. Or you don't remember the flood. You know how he hates homosexuals. The other people affected are basically collateral damage. He likes hurricanes a lot though
Also in the 1980s, God (or possibly Allah - credit is disputed), furious at all the gayness going on since the 60s, created a disease that claimed gay men, heterosexuals of both sexes, the wives of cheating husbands, many recipients of blood transfusions, and babies born to infected mothers. AIDS more or less ignored lesbians, who had received favor in His sight for being "Just so frickin' hot
In 2001, God (Allah?) exacted vengeance upon a building full of people from all over the world to punish America for allowing itself to become secular and gay so it's just like basically divine retribution grin

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Oh am Sorry Am Not like you That Brag about How u help people and if i remember correctly Jesus said Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: winner01 doesn't this make You Christian [size=20pt]Hypocrites? [/size]

Like your friend hopefullandlord would say...AD HOMINEM!

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN A PHYSICAL SOLUTION...Stop dodging the question.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 7:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
LightandDarkness:

I know, I just felt the need to check you. cool

"Check" indeed.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Did you Notice what 4everGod the hypocrite did on the First page Mat 6:3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

Why quote scriptures you deny its source? smh

Pathetic!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Scriptures That You Must Meditate On While Fasting / Exposing The Inconsistencies In Atheism / Ali Yakubov: 9 Month Old Russian Boy With Quran On Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.