Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer (13662 Views)

What To Do When God is Yet To Answer Your Prayer(s) / Has God Ever Answered Your Prayer(s)? Has Juju Ever Worked For You? / A Message To A Female Nairalander (God Has Answered Your Cry) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

Nobody is asking what you did. But what did your God do for them

I swear the guy disappoint me

he doesn't even seem to know and understand the discussion

he just went "okay my god didn't do this cuz bla bla bla bla" then went "what have you done?"

he can't even see the irony staring him in the face

he's just buttressing the points OP made indirectly

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by JSoE(f): 8:09pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lmao @christains

Nice thread, Lennycool. As expected,they came down in droves to defend the selfishness in their religion.

They won't do anything helpful about the poor children but to send them [b]INEDIBLE[\b] bibles and prayers that don't do shi.t

SMH.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

If u like keep trying to forceffully add people to ur fold,
An agnostic is one thousand times better than atheist.
Dont even try to mash them up like ur colleague was trying to do just now.

Moreover if i had a dubious mind like u guys, i would create threads to explain how atheists who give to charity are using it for selfish reasons.
But i wont do that.

And then who told u "nigerian pastors' are the model for christianity?

They both don't believe in God, but one side isn't sure if he exist or not.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

If u like keep trying to forceffully add people to ur fold,
An agnostic is one thousand times better than atheist.
Dont even try to mash them up like ur colleague was trying to do just now.

Moreover if i had a dubious mind like u guys, i would create threads to explain how atheists who give to charity are using it for selfish reasons.
But i wont do that.

And then who told u "nigerian pastors' are the model for christianity?
lol it's actually people like them that make agnostics like us question if they even practise what they preach
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
4everGod:

Why quote scriptures you deny its source? smh

Pathetic!
Is that all you can say
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 8:12pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

They both don't believe in God, but one side isn't sure if he exist or not.

The fact that they admit they are not certain makes a whole world of difference.
Yeah.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lol

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I swear the guy disappoint me

he doesn't even seem to know and understand the discussion

he just went "okay my god didn't do this cuz bla bla bla bla" then went "what have you done?"

he can't even see the irony staring him in the face

he's just buttressing the points OP made indirectly
He should say what God has done for them na
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:16pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

I can see how u clearly left out the first part of my post.
Well done.

By the way, Why are u interchanging personal situations like the exams u were using as example before with general global conditions like war-torn starving children?

I clearly left out the first part of your post because it answer one part of my question... It it didn't answer why you blame men instead of God when evil happens.

My examples could be exams or starving kids... It does not change anything.if u have no answer for me just say so already.

Again, if you blame God for positive out comes that we obviously see the hand of man in it, why not blame God for nagative actions we see the hand of man in it.

Or why not blame man for positive out come because we see his handiwork and as well blame man for nagative outcomes because we see his handiwork.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by jonbellion(m): 8:17pm On Oct 30, 2016
JSoE:
Lmao @christains

Nice thread, Lennycool. As expected,they came down in droves to defend the selfishness in their religion.

They won't do anything helpful about the poor children but to send them [b]INEDIBLE[\b] bibles and prayers that don't do shi.t

SMH.
lol this is basically prayer summed up. But wait oo christians say things like God will use his Jewish powers to punsh a nation for turning their back on him. But there are other pressing matters to attend to naa. There are people that are still living in agony and yet he still has time for divine retribution
*sigh*
Yahweh sha . No deity could be more man made than him
Yahweh shaa

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

The fact that they admit they are not certain makes a whole world of difference.
Yeah.
Agnosticism is Not A believe System
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 8:19pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:
He should say what God has done for them na
exactly my oga

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2016
@ flexiomor...

Let me give u an example.

Boko haram kidnapped girls and you blame it on bad Islamic extremists. You guys go as far as asking if it was God that kidnapped them or men.
But when soldiers work hard and rescue the girls...you guys suddenly remember that it is God and not men that orchestrated the rescue. You give God the glory just because the out come it positive. It's not longer the handiwork of men.

Then you confused lots like winner01 goes turned around and say we should thank God (blame him) when good and evil happens. He mentioned it in this thread that he thanks God in tears and Joy.

Yet you accused atheists for blaming God for evil, when that's what you guys do. I just don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
Oya nau. gather your brothers lennycool, hopefulLandlord, hahn and co and go kill it. undecided

Lol...the did has been done already... Remember Jesus in the cross two thousand years ago? Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 8:23pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:
@ flexiomor...

Boko haram kidnapped girls and you blame it on bad Islamic extremists. You guys go as far as asking if it was God that kidnapped them or men.
But when soldiers work hard and rescue the girls...you guys suddenly remember that it is God and not men that orchestrated the rescue. You give God the glory just because the out come it positive. It's not longer the handiwork of men.

Then you confused lots like winner01 goes turned around and say we should thank God (blame him) when good and evil happens. He mentioned it in this thread that he thanks God in tears and Joy.

Yet you accused atheists for blaming God for evil, when that's what you guys do. I just don't get it.

I like this

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by hopefulLandlord: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2016
bennyann:

That's your creator speaking to you. Those are not my words. What a life! No one understands the language of love anymore. Or is it English you don't understand?

You're sounding as if HE told you to choose hell. If I should try understanding your meme, it means you've chosen hell already and you're blaming God or me for for your choice. What a life! Come on, you're smarter and far more intelligent than me.

lol lolololololoolololol

you don't even understand the meme
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2016

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:
@ flexiomor...

Like the Devil said to Arnold

"God just has good publicity"

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by otemanuduno: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool1:
I doubt that as a christian you've ever truly thought about the very flawed logic of God answering your everyday trivial prayers.

People ask God for mundane things like
Passing exams
Marrying
Getting a job
Making money
Sunny weather

The list goes on and on and apparently you can ask God for anything(though it doesn't mean he'll always answer you) and when you do get what you asked for, no matter how trivial your request was, you'll instantly think God did it.

"My God has done it for me" is a very popular sentence for the religious, but what they fail to understand is that the moment you claim God answered your prayers it means he left these people
If we humans have used our monies and resources to help this children in the pix, there wouldn't be any need for this thread. God didn't interfere in the content of any of his uncountable planets and stars. HUMANS SHOULD BE BLAMED FOR THIS, ESPECIALLY THE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE(christians who collects others money and left the poor starving and the Muslim who cause much war and then caused the cut of food supply to children like this. I PRAY THAT THE VEIL OF RELIGION BEGIN TO UNFOLD FROM THE EYES OF HUMANS TO GIVE THEM REASONS TO HELP THEMSELVES AND NOT TO HELP THEIR PASTORS(who assumes the position of a creator) .

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 8:29pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

I clearly left out the first part of your post because it answer one part of my question... It it didn't answer why you blame men instead of God when evil happens.

My examples could be exams or starving kids... It does not change anything.if u have no answer for me just say so already.

Again, if you blame God for positive out comes that we obviously see the hand of man in it, why not blame God for nagative actions we see the hand of man in it.

Or why not blame man for positive out come because we see his handiwork and as well blame man for nagative outcomes because we see his handiwork.

Even God commends and rewards man because he knows man plays vital roles in positives.

Nobody is saying man has no role to play in positives.
Because thats how u keep trying to make it sound.

What u keep Failing to see is ur bias copulsive tendencies to say God must fix every visible negative irrespective of the outcome to others.

Thats why i mentioned the flood earlier.
For example, If God decides to kill all evil people now to rid this world of the wickedness that is causing the wars starving these children, even you talking now will not survive. Because your hands are not clean

So if God continues to spare the lives of sinners (which includes you) and evils like these persist?
How is it His fault?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 8:32pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Agnosticism is Not A believe System

Who is arguing that?
I am telling u what they admit.

Not like u who says he is 100℅ sure
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Even God commends and rewards man because he knows man plays vital roles in positives.

Nobody is saying man has no role to play in positives.
Because thats how u keep trying to make it sound.

What u keep Failing to see is ur bias copulsive tendencies to say God must fix every visible negative irrespective of the outcome to others.

Thats why i mentioned the flood earlier.
For example, If God decides to kill all evil people now to rid this world of the wickedness that is causing the wars starving these children, even you talking now will not survive. Because your hands are not clean

So if God continues to spare the lives of sinners (which includes you) and evils like these persist?
How is it His fault?

And why did he let them be born in the first place?
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
lol. A non existent person cant be wicked.

I'm not sure you people really disbelieve in God's existence.

Glad u now understand ur God is nonexistent. Welcome to atheism bro

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by EyeHateGod: 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Who is arguing that?
I am telling u what they admit.

Not like u who says he is 100℅ sure
Agnosticism can't Stand alone that's Why it must either Be Agnostic Atheist or Agnostic theist the "Gnosticism" there Is just to signify "Knowledge" and not Believe. You can be Agnostic on Anything, You can even be Agnostic on the Kind of Clothes you want to buy
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

God has already done his part by creating u and giving u the potential to eradicate poverty and disease.
You do your part.

That's not all na... He also helped winner01 find his trouser... The question is, why didn't he also help the hungry kids

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2016
frank317:

That's not all na... He also helped winner01 find his trouser... The question is, why didn't he also help the hungry kids

Helping those kids is your responsibility.
If u do your part well, they wont be there.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2016
winner01:
God permits evil temporarily.

If God creates life, and takes back what he created. How do you come into the picture undecided
Until you understand that God is sovereign, i dont think our discussion will ever make sense.

Why does God permit evil temporarily then.

So what, their suffering doesnt matter cause their life isnt theirs anyway, it belongs to God?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by felixomor: 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Agnosticism can't Stand alone that's Why it must either Be Agnostic Atheist or Agnostic theist the "Gnosticism" there Is just to signify "Knowledge" and not Believe. You can be Agnostic on Anything, You can even be Agnostic on the Kind of Clothes you want to buy

Hehehehe.
Agnostic cant stand alone.
So its atheism that can stand.

Is it not obvious, u dont even know what both words mean?

Mschewwww
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by frank317: 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

Like the Devil said to Arnold

"God just has good publicity"

God, the perfect opportunist.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2016
felixomor:

Helping those kids is your responsibility.
If u do your part well, they wont be there.
Exactly. Its our responsibility, there is no God, atleast not one that gives a dime. God doesn't answer prayers. He is non existent and that is the only reason why such evil can occur. There is no perfect, all knowing, loving being looking out for mankind. We are all on our own asses.
Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by akintom(m): 8:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool1:
Pictures of starving children in the Biafra war was said to be what made Steve Jobs(cofounder of apple) turn to an atheistic religion. He couldn't understand why any God with a drop of human sympathy would let people suffer like this.
All those seriously sick and starving people, people with real problems that he could have helped. He left all of them to help you pass an exam, marry, get a job, get more money, have a car e.t.c
If your situation isn't immediately life threatening and you said God answered your prayer, then God is a misanthropic being.
Some people will claim that these people were not children of God, or that is the work of the devil, or that this earth does not matter.

I'll ask all those people to think about what they are saying
These children live in the poorest of poor countries, they have no education, no food, no clean water and for some no parents, the missionaries don't even want to go to these war ravaged places and when they do they only cover a small territory, so most of these people have never even heard of Jesus or even Yahweh. They never had a chance to hear God's word.
They're too busy trying to survive with nothing. But they are still children of God right? So why would he let them suffer more than any human ever should, I'm sure some of them wished they were never born into this life, but they were

And you say God got you a job, a car, a house, admission, more money. Do you now understand while its stupid to say God answered your prayer? That he left all these suffering people and wasted his power on you and your irrelevant need..
In a world with God and pastors with jets this should not exist.

God either does not exist or he is Malevolent

RaphieMontella , Weah96 , SirWere , sonofluc1fer , Stephendamsoho , EyeHateGod , FearGodAndLive Kevoh , Johnnydon22 , Akintom , Hardmirror , GRIMMJOE , CoolUsername , 1990news , JSoE , Etesam , Audray , Edenoscar , DeSepiero , charix , GoodMuyis , jonbellion , menxer seun hopefulLanlord coldhardtruth itZQuinn winner01 , kingebukasblog , Richirich713,
scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2
Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 ,
InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano
sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia
Jeromejnr, goodmuyis Gombs. Joeagbaje
Jcross KingEbukasBlog Scholar
analice107 anas09

Prayer is a chronic symptom of illusion.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer by TomHagen: 8:51pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lennycool:

Nobody is asking what you did. But what did your God do for them
As usual, you have defined God (even when you don't believe He exists), you now have made up expectations of God and when your expections are not met, you cry foul. How does this make sense to anyone who claims to be logical?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Mystery Of Sins And Forgiveness / The End Of Reason:A Response To The New Atheists / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.