Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? (19770 Views)

My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise / Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit / Man Impregnates His Mother-In-Law In Nasarawa (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by moshino(m): 11:50pm On Oct 30, 2016
Acme77:
I think little or nothing can be done because the family bond might go sour as a result of this.
Your sister can intervene with wisdom.
The people who hurt us the most are friends and family members because sometimes they have an entitlement mindset towards what we have.
Subsequently, only borrow what you can part with.
Thanks

LEND

You LEND money/something TO someone.

You Borrow money/something FROM someone.

10 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Lexusgs430: 11:52pm On Oct 30, 2016
NickUwaifo:
Please I really need professional advice on this matter. My sisters husband borrowed N1m from my dad for a so called business that has failed. First of all we didn't know he had already made my sister borrow 500k from her office union stuff because he told her not to tell us and he will pay.

I think when matters got bad for him in the business he decided to meet my dad and borrowed another N1m from him begging him not to tell his wife (my sister about it).

It is over a year now and he has refused to return the money to my dad who is an old man on pension and when he had no choice but to tell my sister, she became really upset because she is also in dept because of him. He kept saying that he has a trailer he imported and was looking for a buyer so that he can pay back the money but my sister has now confirmed that he doesn't have anything like that.

Please help with your advice on how my dad can recover his money back.

Rule of Thumb - Never borrow an inlaw any amount you cannot forfeit.......

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by OlajumokeBread(f): 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
magicminister:
The moment you start messing with my money and my trust, that is when you stop being my friend, in-law or whatever.
Its obvious that he lied to your sister and your dad.
He did not use that money for any business. You guys were scammed!
Point Blank!
Call a meeting with his family and if he fails to provide the money, please involve the police!
Your sister might end up losing her job, your dad has already lost a good junk of his pension!!
There is no two ways about it; this guy will be a disgrace and a liability to your family.

This is what happens when women are too desperate to settle down and end up settling with idiots!

Call a family meeting ??

How old are you
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by moshino(m): 11:56pm On Oct 30, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Rule of Thumb - Never borrow an inlaw any amount you cannot forfeit.......

LEND

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by OlajumokeBread(f): 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
moshino:

LEND

You LEND money/something TO someone.

You Borrow money/something FROM someone.

Use your brain

Lend : from someone to you for temporary use
Borrow : from someone to you for temporary use

How old are you
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by OlajumokeBread(f): 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
moshino:

LEND

Shut the fucck up
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Stanbeto: 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2016
Bad debt or you Divorce the Sister to gather Moral
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 30, 2016
Your Family should involve BUHARI, full stop
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by moshino(m): 12:00am On Oct 31, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Shut the fucck up

When you get home, tell your parents.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by OlajumokeBread(f): 12:01am On Oct 31, 2016
moshino:

When you get home, tell your parents.

What if i don't have parents ??
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by moshino(m): 12:01am On Oct 31, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Use your brain

How old are you

Old enough to pity your lack of education and knowledge.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by eyesofgod: 12:01am On Oct 31, 2016
Na wa.
There is not enough information to make an informed judgemet. It will do well to provide an insight onf the personality of the man the marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by OlajumokeBread(f): 12:02am On Oct 31, 2016
moshino:

Old enough to pity your lack of education and knowledge.

Can you kill me ??

Your ignorance is natural
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by moshino(m): 12:03am On Oct 31, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

What if i don't have parents ??

That's probably the problem. But you can gather all the elders in your village and tell them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 31, 2016
Ur Dad Shouldnt Hv Lend His Inlaw Money...Wat Ur Dad Shd Hv Don Ws 2 Gift Him Wat He Can Actualy Part With...In Dis Life,three Things(land,women N Money) Hv D Ability 2 Cause Great Misundastin Btw Even Two Brodas,hence Wen Caught In A Deal Involving Dis Stufs,one Ought 2 B Very Careful..I Think A Man Of Integrity Wl Nt Play D Kind Of Game Ur Inlaw Playd Btw His Wife N D Fada Inlaw..Since His Level Of Integrity S Questnable,,i Wl Advice Ur Dad 2 Let D Sleepin Dog Lies N Let Go.If Pushed Too Hard D Mariage Could Colaps N Ur Sis Wl Nt Only Blame Her Husband,bt Also Ur Dad..Leson:f U Wl Lend At Al,neva Lend Wat U Cant Part With.
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 31, 2016
Ur Dad Shouldnt Hv Lent His Inlaw Money...Wat Ur Dad Shd Hv Don Ws 2 Gift Him Wat He Can Actualy Part With...In Dis Life,three Things(land,women N Money) Hv D Ability 2 Cause Great Misundastin Btw Even Two Brodas,hence Wen Caught In A Deal Involving Dis Stufs,one Ought 2 B Very Careful..I Think A Man Of Integrity Wl Nt Play D Kind Of Game Ur Inlaw Playd Btw His Wife N D Fada Inlaw..Since His Level Of Integrity S Questnable,,i Wl Advice Ur Dad 2 Let D Sleepin Dog Lies N Let Go.If Pushed Too Hard D Mariage Could Colaps N Ur Sis Wl Nt Only Blame Her Husband,bt Also Ur Dad..Leson:f U Wl Lend At Al,neva Lend Wat U Cant Part With.
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by moshino(m): 12:06am On Oct 31, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Can you kill me ??

No, you died a long time ago, just that you've nobody to bury you, you're local government's problem now, they'll bury you when they get a chance.

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Boyooosa(m): 12:07am On Oct 31, 2016
Afi suru o! Smile. They call it one chance. If he is sober, advice dad to put his mind off the money (cos the relationship is at stake) and the guy can still bounce back (I pray so). But if you perceive an intentional fraud, try hard to retrieve your sister from him cos he will do the worst. Relationships are in two dimwnsions;,curse or blessing.
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Exponental(m): 12:07am On Oct 31, 2016
Voice mail.......
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by harffie(m): 12:13am On Oct 31, 2016
That one strong o....

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by greggng: 12:14am On Oct 31, 2016
NickUwaifo:
Please I really need professional advice on this matter. My sisters husband borrowed N1m from my dad for a so called business that has failed. First of all we didn't know he had already made my sister borrow 500k from her office union stuff because he told her not to tell us and he will pay.

I think when matters got bad for him in the business he decided to meet my dad and borrowed another N1m from him begging him not to tell his wife (my sister about it).

It is over a year now and he has refused to return the money to my dad who is an old man on pension and when he had no choice but to tell my sister, she became really upset because she is also in dept because of him. He kept saying that he has a trailer he imported and was looking for a buyer so that he can pay back the money but my sister has now confirmed that he doesn't have anything like that.

Please help with your advice on how my dad can recover his money back.

your sister married a man with questionable character. The red flag was there but she covered it up hoping that one day he will change. you dont learn how to use left hand at old age. I am sorry there is no hope for that marriage. recovery that money might jeopardize the marriage. The best thing is for him to pay gradually and spread it over time. When he pays half then give him debt forgiveness.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Plus234(m): 12:14am On Oct 31, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Use your brain

How old are you
He is right

LEND - to give
BORROW - to take

12 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by MoyoGENERAL: 12:14am On Oct 31, 2016
The guy Na pure scam!
It's in his blood, collecting money from people and unwilling to pay back!
Don't involve police! Your sister will be shooting her own legs!
At this stage, your sister should zero her mind that the money her hubby owes her had gone into voicemail, however she should plead with him to at least refund her dad's, if not all at least a substantial amount will do!
The Pastors, The Elders in the family can be involved too!

1 Like

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by repogirl(f): 12:15am On Oct 31, 2016
That money is gone o, your dad should put mind off it. This is why one should be careful when helping family...when you give money, it should be something you are prepared to give out without expecting returns cos of the relationships involved.

This your bro in law na bad market sha, hope he doesn't put your sis into more trouble. He is supposed to provide for his in-laws sef.... correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think any respectable man would go as far as borrowing money from his wife's old and retired father who is managing himself and his own family.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by terryaji1: 12:15am On Oct 31, 2016
Eazylion:
set him up and use him for money ritual. very simple
na WA oo ritual?guy u bad oo
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by jossy26: 12:15am On Oct 31, 2016
@OP i hope your Dad dont curse your BIL cos its absolute wickedness for someone to go borrow money from a pensioner, hes not even ashamed of himself, so he doesnt have friends/colleague to borrow money from? men, just forget the money, aint goin come back to you/Dad learn from it and move on
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Lexusgs430: 12:17am On Oct 31, 2016
moshino:

LEND

Borrow. Nah u wan turn nairaland to university of engrish?
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Plus234(m): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2016
LEND - to give
BORROW - to take

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by AreaFada2: 12:23am On Oct 31, 2016
Dude, there's not much that can be done.

Sorry to say, but your BIL is not honest or really responsible. He has lied to even his wife & deceived her.

Any hard approach could affect your sister's marriage. That is if that money didn't already go into maintaining another woman/family outside.

It depends mostly on how much he cherishes his marriage. If he doesn't, he won't make much effort to repay.

Those small secrets like "do not tell your daughter or your dad" should be a bright red flag. Never do it.

I only ever lend money I can afford to do without.

Still call a family meeting to extract a commitment and mode of repayment from him.

Please support your sister emotionally. The whole issue could be eating her up, even while keeping a brave face.

3 Likes

Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by jacob839(m): 12:28am On Oct 31, 2016
Tell president Buhari..... Make e tell EFCC
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 31, 2016
Speak to him reasonably if he is sm1 dat reasons...
Re: How Can One Recover Borrowed Money From An In-Law? by Raina80(f): 12:36am On Oct 31, 2016
If he has borrowed money from your family its likely he also owes money to other people.
1) Your sister is also the problem she knew but chose not to discourage him from asking for money from your father the moment dishonesty exists amongst families exists it affects how we interact with each other. When you say he is refusing to pay is it a case of can't pay or won't pay?
2) Youd father has to talk to him face to face if not seek mediation from his family. Your sibling is indebt because of him and what happens if she lost her job?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should She Travel To Italy? / Does Infidelity Make One A Bad Spouse? / Christmas Gift For My Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.