Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,068 members, 7,838,704 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. (11712 Views)

Amaechi And Dawari George At ViewPoint On 93.7 Rythem Fm In PH (Pics) / NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by illusion2: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2009
mekuslogan:

Do you care to define illiteracy, you urchin? + what size are you? I need to know so I can invite my dog to fight you, since I know for sure that you are beneath me. You deserve a fight with fellow animals, not humans, more so your betters.
I repeat again. . . you're illiterate. . .or how else can one explain your thrashy rantings?

Your posts are full of unecessary tribal hate,mainly found with unexposed illiterates with no clear sense of reasoning. tongue tongue

I don't have a problem if you want to uphold the Ndigbo; you can do that by starting threads like:

1. Igbos are the most intelligent ethnic group on earth
2.Igbos are the most innovative
3.Igbos are the best in everything

or create threads to celebrate prominent Ndigbo : Chimamanda,Emeagwali,Achebe,Chris Uba etc. . .BUT . . .don't do it at the expense of Youruba people,cos I'll be there to hit you back HARD ,where it hurts most. . . . you've been warned. . ask Bialegend who I strongly suspect you' actually are,Ijawman
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by illusion2: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2009
Eziachi:

What a dimwit!
If Alaba is closed, where do you think the bulk of Lagos state internally generated revenue WILL come from?  How will Lagos state pay their workers?
Some of this goons are so gullible.
You don't know that all the business owners in Alaba has branches too in Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, Kano, Douala etc.
If you close Alaba, many of them won't even notice any change in their bank balance.
You really need some street wise education.
Although I was initially referring to mekuslogan.
This is the same mistake primary school graduates like you always make. . . . . . . . . . . .money doesn't necessarily equate common sense. Your bank balance doesn't mean much ,if you can't can write your name or construct 3 sentences without errors tongue
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by citizenY(m): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2009
Well, I am happy with this development but i have 2 reasons not to jubilate openly:-

1) Appeal court Abracadabra  

2) Reduced jail period( as somebody said (PDP years)

3) No mention of refund of looted funds.

Please can any lawyer give me comfort. Otherwise, I am not yet ready for any celebration.

Thank you.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by texazzpete(m): 10:32am On Oct 28, 2009
Every tribe has its share of thieves - and there are no shortage of sycophants to welcome them.

Orji Kalu stole billions, and he remained a hero among thousands of his tribesmen, even with the festering Aba rubbish heaps. is that any less repugnant than the Bode George case?
Do i even go into the amount of support Chris and Andy Uba can muster up in their nefarious deeds?
If we're creating a Nigerian rogues gallery, do you think Arthur Nzeribe will not also share the same pedestal of villainy that Bode George occupies?

Alams stole N50 billion - and was welcomed home by a huge throng of the very same people whose money he looted. Is that any better?

Greed is a common human failing and it is not restricted to just one tribe.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Sagamite(m): 10:38am On Oct 28, 2009
citizenY:

Well, I am happy with this development but i have 2 reasons not to jubilate openly:-

Please can any lawyer give me comfort. Otherwise, I am not yet ready for any celebration.

Thank you.

1) and (2) I would hope the Nigerian Appeals Court is similar to the UK one where the Appeal judge migth even judge that your sentence was inadequate and elongate it. Hopefully, the appeal court judge will cancel the concurrency and let this buffoon spend the rest of his life in jail like Madoff.

3) This was the same judge that ordered the seizing of Ajudua's criminal loot, I will be surprised if he has not done the same here or going to do it.

texazzpete:

Every tribe has its share of thieves - and there are no shortage of sycophants to welcome them.

Orji Kalu stole billions, and he remained a hero among thousands of his tribesmen, even with the festering Aba rubbish heaps. is that any less repugnant than the Bode George case?
Do i even go into the amount of support Chris and Andy Uba can muster up in their nefarious deeds?
If we're creating a Nigerian rogues gallery, do you think Arthur Nzeribe will not also share the same pedestal of villainy that Bode George occupies?

Alams stole N50 billion - and was welcomed home by a huge throng of the very same people whose money he looted. Is that any better?

Greed is a common human failing and it is not restricted to just one tribe.

You get time to blow grammar to retards.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by agor1974: 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2009
why is it, that the Yoruba's are always talking about education,they all claim to be educated everywhere they find themselves,they tell the host that they are more learned then the other tribes even when they are not asked of the level of education he or she attained,its so funny of them.moreover what have they really ac hive with their so call brainwashed education,is it going to London and work for the whiteman factory and sleep in the street of London and bus drivers in UK,where the English people employ them as security to guide there dogs,educated people sef,its high time they define the meaning of education wealter its for human development,productive or forgery and corruption.if Yoruba's are that educated they wouldn't have waited for the illiterates to come and develop alaba.they should equaly have it in the back of their mind that lagos is a collective development of all nigerians.go check nigeria today and see where the so called educated people dwell and check where the so call trader dwell then u will be able to tell those who claim to be educated and those are not.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by mekuslogan: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
Illussion2:

You are a simpleton and a loafer just like your forbearers. So, I encourage you to do your best/worst which cannot exceed the rantings of an ant. Someone who does not know what illiteracy means= an idiot.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by AloyEmeka6: 4:07pm On Oct 28, 2009
oyb:

i swear, looking at those pictures i know we are finished in nigeria

see people (in the pictures) openly and shamelessly supporting criminals

these will be the same people who will later be whining that nigeria doesn't work

bastards

I am still trying to figure out how Adedibu managed to have a stronghold on these men from his grave.  His hegemony over Ibadan is still visible. The fear of Adedibu is the beginning of wisdom. What a legend.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by AloyEmeka6: 4:09pm On Oct 28, 2009
citizenY:

Thank you.

Exactly. Tafa Balogun did his own and served only 6 months after his conviction. Now, he is one of the richest felons in Nigeria. The looters not only steal from us but they've figured out how to evade justice through our judiciary.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by jara: 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2009
Mekuslogan is really a dum dum.

Okadigbo was pardoned by his cohorts and this guy is asking which court convicted him. He was pardoned, pre-empted before they drag his butt to court or jail. Andy Uba also got away. A Yoruba judge will not let a Yoruba rogue get away.

Which court convicted Okadigbo? Assuming he stole, how much was it and why was he not jailed. Who were his cohorts? The senators? If so how many senators are there and what tribes do they come from? I thought Okadigbo was Obasanjo's enemy. Look my friend, Okadigbo's case was politics played by Obj, every other idiot except you knows that.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by lannre(m): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2009
Elites stealing, Masses are fighting
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by illusion2: 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2009
mekuslogan:

Illussion2:

You are a simpleton and a loafer just like your forbearers. So, I encourage you to do your best/worst which cannot exceed the rantings of an ant.

The Olodo can't even spell illusion even when its before his very eyes. Just copy it down okay. . . . . I. . . . .L. . . . .L. . . .U. . . . .S. . . . . .I. . . . .O. . . . .N. . .repeat after me - illusion. For your homework . ,  . . . . . . spell TWO

So you're an ant?  cheesy cheesy

Sorry I don't join issues with illiterates who also double as ants  tongue
agor1974:

why is it, that the Yoruba's are always talking about education
Because its important my dear . . . .and don't join the unlettered mugu-mekus in generalising. . .EVERYONE should take education seriously  wink
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by illusion2: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2009
The Coalition of Oodua Self-Determination Groups (COSEG), has hailed the judgment in which ruling party chieftain Bode George and others were jailed for contracts splitting. COSEG also applauded the judiciary for standing against all odds to sentence 'almighty' George of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to jail without an option of fine. George and five others were sentenced by an Ikeja High court judge, Justice Joseph Oyewole, to 28 years imprisonment without the option of fine. The six are, however, to remain behind bars for two and a half years as the sent ences are to run concurrently.

COSEG, in a statement signed by its Director of Publicity, Gbenga Soloki, in Lagos, applauded the judiciary for standing as a true arbitrator and the last hope of the country. It also praised the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for showing true commitment in fighting corruption. The group said the judgment had shown that nobody was above the law, arguing that the move would serve as a deterrent to all public office holders, now and in the future, not to engage in looting the treasury. COSEG stressed: 'We commend EFCC's crusade against corruption and we enjoin it not to relent in fighting against corruption and bring to judgment all other looters of our treasury in the past and in future.'
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by agor1974: 5:58pm On Oct 28, 2009
yes education is important,how do u make use of?is it to insult others,or to improve the society where u dwell.i think the so called traders are improving the environ where they find themselves than the so called educated class of Nigeria.can the so called educated leader called obj able to concell the debt of Nigeria until the traders sent one of their daughters to come do it for Nigeria.Yoruba's should stop this nonsense.cos no one is more educated than the other we have different specifications in life.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nchara: 7:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
agor1974:

yes education is important,how do u make use of?is it to insult others,or to improve the society where u dwell.i think the so called traders are improving the environ where they find themselves than the so called educated class of Nigeria.can the so called educated leader called obj able to concell the debt of Nigeria until the traders sent one of their daughters to come do it for Nigeria.Yoruba's should stop this nonsense.cos no one is more educated than the other we have different specifications in life.

My dear, do not kill yourself over false claims. They remain what they are: false claims. The JAMB records speak for themselves. Moreover, Nigerians abroad know who and who are schooling abroad. For example, I am a faculty member and I know where most Nigerians in my own university come from.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by sjeezy8: 7:42pm On Oct 28, 2009

I heard alaba market is being demolished slowly so obviously its not that important to Lagos state Government revenue.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nchara: 7:46pm On Oct 28, 2009
Bode George deserves honour, says PDP
National News Oct 27, 2009 By Dapo Akinrefon
REACTIONS have continued to trail the sentence of former Chairman of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) and a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olabode George.

George and five other members of his board were sentenced to 28 years jail without an option of fine by an Ikeja High Court on Monday.

The Lagos State Chairman of PDP, Mr. Setonji Koshoedo, described the ruling as “sad and shocking.”

Koshoedo, in a statement said: “It is a blow not only to Lagos PDP but to the South-West and the nation as a whole. He deserves honour for his contribution to Nigeria. Lagos PDP will suspend all activities till further notice.

“Morale of the members,” he said, “has been dampened. A lot of work will have to be done to rejuvenate the party. We will not allow this to affect our focus. Our goal to succeed come 2011 is unshakeable,” he added.

However, the Afenifere Renewal Group (ARG), has lauded Justice Olubunmi Oyewole for what it described as a “diligent judgment.”

According to its National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, “It is on the matter of ‘kid gloves’ that many Nigerians have expressed disappointment with the judgment. They are of the view that 30 months in jail is too light for the kind of crimes Bode George and colleagues committed.”
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nchara: 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
PDP SOUTH WEST =Yoruba=support for Bode
Afenifere renewal group= Yoruba= no support for Bode
Verdict= 50:50 support by Yoruba population?
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2009
yorubas are definitely the most dirtiest people in 9ja ranging from theft to corruption to scams and frauds and also shit in waterproof and throw them into other peoples compounds, not to talk of shiting in pots at night and cooking in that same pot during the day. sick man. stupid people.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by AloyEmeka6: 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
al-qaeda:

yorubas are definitely the most dirtiest people in 9ja ranging from theft to corruption to scams and frauds and also shit in waterproof and throw them into other peoples compounds, not to talk of shiting in pots at night and cooking in that same pot during the day. sick man. stupid people.

You are the stupid one. Go back to school before practicing quack online tribalism.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

You are the stupid one. Go back to school before practicing quack online tribalism.

SORRY I CAN'T TALK TO U CUZ U SMELL OF SHIT. FAT LIPPED YORUBA LIK U. USING IBO NAME TO CAMOUFLAGE. LUNATIC.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by kokoye(m): 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
lannre:

Elites stealing, Masses are fighting

Preach it!
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Alxmyr(m): 9:04pm On Oct 28, 2009
Ethnic bigotry.
What has yoruba got to do with Bode George's imprisonment?
Come to think of it, if you know what it takes to make a Bode George, you will be sober and even fear God.
His fall is a lesson for all that no matter the height you attain, there is God who can bring you low to nought.
How are the mighty falling?
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by anonimi: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2009
Half-bakedness is a terrible disease. Who said anything about the entire Yoruba race? The pictures speak for themselves that a sizable Yoruba population supports a thief. That is gratifying enough.

sizeable
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by AloyEmeka6: 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
al-qaeda:

SORRY I CAN'T TALK TO U CUZ U SMELL OF SHIT. FAT LIPPED YORUBA LIK U. USING IBO NAME TO CAMOUFLAGE. LUNATIC.
Lmao grin grin grin grin

Which of the names are you using to camouflage?
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by AloyEmeka6: 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2009
mekuslogan:

Half-bakedness is a terrible disease. Who said anything about the entire Yoruba race? The pictures speak for themselves that a sizable Yoruba population supports a thief. That is gratifying enough.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by olafolarin(m): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2009
@ mekuslogan,

We sincerely dont need to be tribalist here.Igbos are known and have a reputation for crimes as well as yorubas and Hausas.But you sincerely missed the point here.Those people u see at the court premises are PDP supporters who intend to turn the court premises into carnival as they were anticipating a clear verdict for Olabode-george.PDP supporters were mobilised from every part of the state to the Court venue with the intention of declaring a carnival like celebration after the court ruling.They are however shocked that the judge had enough evidence to nail the former navy chief and his cohorts.
It might interest you to know that the Judge who nailed Olabode-George and his group his a Yoruba man as well.
Yoruba's are more tolerant of the Ibos than Hausa.You can imagine what will happen to the entire Igbo nation if all yoruba states should send ibos to their homestate and barr them from re-entering.It will be mass exodus and the consequencies is not far from reach.
So get your priorities straight.

@ Aloy-Emeka,

It will be in your interest to always maintain your anti-tribal sentiments stand which you are known for.Making tribal sentiments will only tear us all apart instead of bringing us together.We should all see each other as brothers and sisters instead of enemies.
I LOVE EATING APU WITH OGBONO/UGWU SOUP AND MY MALT DRINK TASTE BETTER WITH A MORTAR FULL OF NKWOBI.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by AloyEmeka6: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nchara:

Bode George deserves honour, says PDP
National News Oct 27, 2009 By Dapo Akinrefon

Koshoedo, in a statement said: “It is a blow not only to  Lagos PDP but to  the South-West and the nation as a whole. He deserves honour for his contribution to Nigeria. Lagos PDP will suspend all activities till further notice.

That is his opinion and not the opinion of the whole Yorubas including the judge who jailed him. Why ignore the opinion of nairaland yorubas who condemn the crook and accept the opinion of another he goat paid for Bode's PR. Bode George is still writing checks and sycophants must eat.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by texazzpete(m): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2009
Nchara:

PDP SOUTH WEST =Yoruba=support for Bode
Afenifere renewal group= Yoruba= no support for Bode
Verdict= 50:50 support by Yoruba population?

You say you're a 'faculty member' of a foreign University and you shamelessly trot out such shoddy logic?
slowpoke.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by ikeyman00(m): 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@
[size=32pt]
all i see here is absolute oduduwa traits[/size]

always claim stuff that never existed shocked shocked shocked shocked cool

that man should rot in jail with more to folllow
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by 1forall: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2009
so when are we gonna eschew tribalism?
think Obama!
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by axeman85(m): 10:45pm On Oct 28, 2009
@poster what has yoruba got to do with corruption ?

he looted he is yoruba and i am yoruba if i was given the opportunity to sentence him i will send him to spend the rest of his miserable life in prison and also strip him off all the assests he amassed with the stolen funds, same thing i would do if it was an hausa, igbo or any other tribe.

its not a matter of supporting anybody. nairlanders should for once be reasonable and not base all issues at hand in regards to nigeria on tribe. because tribe has nothing to do with corrupton or making nigeria better as they say. UNITED WE STAND, AND DIVIDED WE FALL. !!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote, Elumelu Jostle For 10 NIPP Power Plants / Herdsmen Kill 14 In Gaambe-Tiev, Benue / Robbery, Militancy Scare, Technical Issues Render Eastern, Delta Ports Unusable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.