Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,022 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. (11711 Views)

Amaechi And Dawari George At ViewPoint On 93.7 Rythem Fm In PH (Pics) / NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Duduknight(m): 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2009
onye_ngbu:

You sound more like a bigot that than those people you are accusing.

For you to come up with such analogies and allegations, you are a yoruba bigot just as those from the other side are biafran bigots.  grin

If you are to be fair, then you should also be admonishing those who come on the net to attack other tribes; calling them biafran bigots is not enough.

OPCman's comment is a response to the filth that is being peddled by certain individuals on this forum; not that I am for or against it but it is HIS response to the filth.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by asha80(m): 12:45pm On Oct 29, 2009
OPC is more of an instigator^^^^
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Duduknight(m): 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2009
koyuid:

what do you people gain from this tribal fights?
this  is the sort of thing one would expect at oshodi mart.

SHAME ON YOU GUYS

The tribal fights are usually started by certain people who come here to viciously attack other tribes and then the attacked people respond by either defending themselves or launching into counter-attacks.

In the real world, it is easy to ignore a fool but thats not the case with the net. Keeping quiet can be dangerous because anyone from anywhere can read these insidious threads and posts and conclude that the attacked tribe is actually the problem. We all know that is not the case because all Nigerians are equally complicit in the problems bedeviling Nigeria.

I for one will not come here to argue with fools because they will drag you to their levels but to discuss with like-minded people; I may from time to time, provide information to counteract a lie or conjecture.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Duduknight(m): 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2009
asha 80:

OPC is more of an instigator^^^^

That may be true but I usually see comments from him on threads that attack his tribe and I am yet to see a thread started by him, where he is directly or indirectly, attacking other tribes. If he has, then I stand corrected.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by illusion2: 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2009
The National Conscience Party (NCP) governorship candidate in Ogun State in the 2007 election, Lanre Banjo, has urged the EFCC not to stop at the conviction of Chief Bode George and others, for fraud, but to recover the stolen wealth. "His statement that when public office is abused, the entire populace is assaulted lifted Nigeria in the eyes of the world. It gave us hope. When he continued that this must not be condoned or treated with kid gloves, and if the quality of service in our public life is altered to the appreciable standard of the civilised world, the right deterrent should be given. This statement strikes the nerves of people with conscience and sends fear into the inner spines of looters," he said. Banjo denounced George’s supporters, who prevented photo-journalists from taking pictures and harassed prosecutors and reporters in the court premises. He urged the Lagos State House of Assembly to make a law that would make it unlawful for anyone to violate people’s rights within the court premises.

Yesterday, the Lagos State chapter of the Action Congress (AC) hailed the conviction of George and others. The party’s Publicity Secretary, Joe Igbokwe said: "The conviction of Bode George is a welcome development and we believe that even as the sentence handed down to him was mild, it sends a positive signal to those who loot the treasury that someday, they will stand trial for their offences. We are happy that this character has been thrown to jail for his sundry role in looting the NPA and we salute the EFCC Chairman for effortlessly pulling this conviction through. We believe that there are many Bode Georges in the PDP and that the conviction of George will serve no useful purpose if other looters are not brought to justice. "We must note that there were frantic moves made by the former President Olusegun Obasanjo administration to shield George from justice. This rendered the work of the former leadership of the EFCC a huge joke as this desperate effort lasted. It also showed that the Obasanjo government was merely using anti-corruption as a ruse to promote his political interests. We hope the present government will not do same on the critical issue of fighting corruption’’.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by OPCman: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2009
OPC is more of an instigator

Instigator ? of what?
Please paste here where I instigated any tribal comment. All my comments on this forum or any forum is in reply to what those bigots say about my people and my tribe, nothing more. I have respect for Ibos who believe in Nigeria and Nigerians (I have family friend who are Ibo and we talk on daily basis) but not those bigot educated fools who still see Yoruba as a coward, as a traitor, as a fraudsters, and as this , as that, You can abuse any Yoruba misruling you/Nigeria in person, but not collectively as Yoruba. I am a Yoruba and I am in government, I am a Yoruba and I am not a fraudster, I am a Yoruba and I am not a coward.

Duduknight:

That may be true but I usually see comments from him on threads that attack his tribe and I am yet to see a thread started by him, where he is directly or indirectly, attacking other tribes. If he has, then I stand corrected.

Duduknight,

Honestly to God, (hands on my heart), a Bangladashi guy has once told (on knowing that I am a Yoruba) that 'You Yoruba are the one causing all the problem in Nigeria including giving Nigeria bad image. I asked him how he knows this when he is not a Nigerian and he told me that he read on the net. I asked further, on which website, he said on 'something biafra' and that you Yoruba killed so many Ibos,

Now tell me was the Yoruba that killed the Ibos or the Nigerian Army? Was it Yoruba that did credit card fraud or a Nigerian with a Yoruba name?

Why Yoruba at all time as we are their problem?
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by magnumshie: 1:34pm On Oct 29, 2009
Sme people had better b sleeping rather than use bad words
im a yoruba man and im extremely happy on what has befall the monkey,that serves him better.For my indigbo alaba boy,pls try check am, u are taking it 2personal.EASY.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Duduknight(m): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2009
OPCman:

Instigator ? of what?
Please paste here where I instigated any tribal comment. All my comments on this forum or any forum is in reply to what those bigots say about my people and my tribe, nothing more. I have respect for Ibos who believe in Nigeria and Nigerians (I have family friend who are Ibo and we talk on daily basis) but not those bigot educated fools who still see Yoruba as a coward, as a traitor, as a fraudsters, and as this , as that,  You can abuse any Yoruba misruling you/Nigeria in person, but not collectively as Yoruba. I am a Yoruba and I am in government, I am a Yoruba and I am not a fraudster, I am a Yoruba and I am not a coward.

Duduknight,

Honestly to God, (hands on my heart), a Bangladashi guy has once told (on knowing that I am a Yoruba) that 'You Yoruba are the one causing all the problem in Nigeria including giving Nigeria bad image. I asked him how he knows this when he is not a Nigerian and he told me that he read on the net. I asked further, on which website, he said on 'something biafra' and that you Yoruba killed so many Ibos,

Now tell me was the Yoruba that killed the Ibos or the Nigerian Army? Was it Yoruba that did credit card fraud or a Nigerian with a Yoruba name?

Why Yoruba at all time as we are their problem?

I agree with your view that the Yorubas who have failed in their positions should be attacked but not Yorubas as a people and the same should go for all other tribes, because whether we like it or not, we are all affected by the corrupt practices of our so called 'political leaders'. Regardless of tribe or religious affiliations.

I also oppose on this forum those bigots who continue to malign other tribes, because if we keep quiet, the global perception would be that a certain tribe or tribes are responsible for our problems. But we must be careful when we do this so that we do not sink to their levels.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by OPCman: 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2009
They say 'Yoruba started it'.
But we all know where 'kidnapping is rampant' and the tribe behind it. Can anyone paste here where a Yorubaman posted a topic that certain tribe is kidnappers'.

Forum is where people learn from one another, where we discuss issues going on in the country and how we can put head together to solve it.

We can discuss tribes (because Nigeria is a multi-tribe, multination country and it might be difficult not to mention the tribe concerns sometimes i.e. the Anambra political issue, Ibo can come into it) but you don't come here to disparage or start calling a tribe names because you don't like the tribe and the people.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by rethink: 2:48pm On Oct 29, 2009
@opcman

OPCman:

They say 'Yoruba started it'.
But we all know where 'kidnapping is rampant' and the tribe behind it. Can anyone paste here where a Yorubaman posted a topic that certain tribe is kidnappers'.

Forum is where people learn from one another, where we discuss issues going on in the country and how we can put head together to solve it.

We can discuss tribes (because Nigeria is a multi-tribe, multination country and it might be difficult not to mention the tribe concerns sometimes i.e. the Anambra political issue, Ibo can come into it) but you don't come here to disparage or start calling a tribe names because you don't like the tribe and the people.

and the tribe behind it

Not the tribe behind it but the people behind and where the crime happens

or you can say the ethnicity of the people behind the crime.

There is what you call reverse rascism in this context it is reverse ethnocetrism or tribalism
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nchara: 3:24pm On Oct 29, 2009
Sagamite and Tezzazpete,

You both come off as jackass nonentities. Nairaland has nothing to do with my true persona. Infact, some of us are gracious enough to assume nicknames while saying our minds. Unlike Awo, Adelaja's daughter (of the Igbos should continue with their buying and selling and leave politics to the Yoruba and the North fame) and many other supposedly prominent people who did and said their minds using their real names. Your guys are frothing in the mouth when I used a nickname, what will you do were I to use my real names? In truth, the likes of both of you will be begging for academic marks from me, were I to be in Nigeria. This is the same Sagamite who created a thread insulting journalists? You must be a horror.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by sjeezy8: 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2009
No doubt i was in class and my prof asked what  are the problems in Nigeria caused by.

This ignorant Igbo girl opened her dirty  mouth and was like " man its dem yorubas"(not knowing the teacher lived in Nigeria).  Its 5 Nigerians in the class 3 Yorubas 1 edo and the igbo gal. The expression on everyones face was like what the hell is the fool yarning about.
The teacher (black american) said he lived in Nigeria for 15 years from the 80's to early 90's, he lamented "How can a yorubas be the cause of Nigerias woes when there has only be 1 Yoruba presidency OBJ". He further gave accounts where prominent yoruba leaders were assassinated when ever they opposed military regimes.  He also added how can any ethnic group cause the problem in Nigeria when everyone is governing their state of origin(it doesnt get any more equal then that). He said imagine if yorubas werent in Nigeria, who would be an actual formidable opposition? because so far many if not all of the people assassinated in Nigeria were of Yoruba ethnicity not to mention the Soyinkas and co, who dont only defend their tribe but the interest of all Nigerians.

While everyone was being quiet in Nigeria( if they didnt run away) its no doubt the leaders of yoruba ethnicity have been at the forefront of opposition in terms of Nigerias interest.

anyway how you see it, if someone is mentions Nigeria in a negative way its a yoruba like Obj(the SAME person flogged over and over again) but if someone talks about Nigeria in a positive way its Fela,Soyinka,Fashola and co,
I cant think of any other tribe who has defended the interest or recognized the work of others besides their own.

No doubt others may leave Nigeria or Africa and make a name for themselves but when the words Africa or Nigeria comes to mind Soyinkas and Felas ARE NEVER LEFT OUT.
I dont have time to blame poblems in the West on people from the North, East or South South, it just doesnt make sense. smh
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by matrim: 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

No doubt i was in class and my prof asked what are the problems in Nigeria caused by.

This ignorant Igbo girl opened her dirty mouth and was like " man its dem yorubas"(not knowing the teacher lived in Nigeria). Its 5 Nigerians in the class 3 Yorubas 1 edo and the igbo gal. The expression on everyones face was like what the hell is the fool yarning about.
The teacher (black american) said he lived in Nigeria for 15 years from the 80's to early 90's, he lamented "How can a yorubas be the cause of Nigerias woes when there has only be 1 Yoruba presidency OBJ". He further gave accounts where prominent yoruba leaders were assassinated when ever they opposed military regimes. He also added how can any ethnic group cause the problem in Nigeria when everyone is governing their state of origin(it doesnt get any more equal then that). He said imagine if yorubas werent in Nigeria, who would be an actual formidable opposition? because so far many if not all of the people assassinated in Nigeria were of Yoruba ethnicity not to mention the Soyinkas and co, who dont only defend their tribe but the interest of all Nigerians.

While everyone was being quiet in Nigeria( if they didnt run away) its no doubt the leaders of yoruba ethnicity have been at the forefront of opposition in terms of Nigerias interest.

anyway how you see it, if someone is mentions Nigeria in a negative way its a yoruba like Obj(the SAME person flogged over and over again) but if someone talks about Nigeria in a positive way its Fela,Soyinka,Fashola and co,
I cant think of any other tribe who has defended the interest or recognized the work of others besides their own.

No doubt others may leave Nigeria or Africa and make a name for themselves but when the words Africa or Nigeria comes to mind Soyinkas and Felas ARE NEVER LEFT OUT.
I dont have time to blame poblems in the West on people from the North, East or South South, it just doesnt make sense. smh
simply brilliant, i believe you've said it all.
Sad that it takes a foreigner to see this
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ojukwu said we should separate more than 30 yrs ago. Now Yorubas are trying to see the need. They go to school everywhere to every height and yet can't pronounce words with loud 'h' and can't stop stealing and abrakatabra.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by onyengbu1(m): 7:21pm On Oct 29, 2009
sjeezy8:
He further gave accounts where prominent yoruba leaders were assassinated when ever they opposed military regimes.
Only Yoruba was assasinated abi? oya name them . . so I can name others for you. .

sjeezy8:

What did Abiola and Enahoro do. . .

sjeezy8:
Negative ways? Only Yoruba people? What happened to Nzeribe, Abacha and others,

sjeezy8:

So you ve never heard about Okonjo Iweala, Soludo, Emeagwali, Chimamanda and others .

By the way, how many people know about your fashola outside lagos state not to start talking about outside nigeria.

Think outside your yoruba box for once.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Nchara: 7:24pm On Oct 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

No doubt i was in class and my prof asked what  are the problems in Nigeria caused by.

This ignorant Igbo girl opened her dirty  mouth and was like " man its dem yorubas"(not knowing the teacher lived in Nigeria).  Its 5 Nigerians in the class 3 Yorubas 1 edo and the igbo gal. The expression on everyones face was like what the hell is the fool yarning about.
The teacher (black american) said he lived in Nigeria for 15 years from the 80's to early 90's, he lamented "How can a yorubas be the cause of Nigerias woes when there has only be 1 Yoruba presidency OBJ". He further gave accounts where prominent yoruba leaders were assassinated when ever they opposed military regimes.  He also added how can any ethnic group cause the problem in Nigeria when everyone is governing their state of origin(it doesnt get any more equal then that). He said imagine if yorubas werent in Nigeria, who would be an actual formidable opposition? because so far many if not all of the people assassinated in Nigeria were of Yoruba ethnicity not to mention the Soyinkas and co, who dont only defend their tribe but the interest of all Nigerians.

Fabulous coming from Sjeazy8. You are a comedian, ain't you? What if I tell you that in the class I teach, somebody was accused of stealing and that person happens to be a Yoruba? Anybody can fabricate any story
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by sjeezy8: 7:42pm On Oct 29, 2009
Whether you want to believe it or not thats your own.

it doesnt take a genius to know that the pioneers of west africa are of Yoruba ethnicity prime ministers in different countries, first and current president of different countries, etc
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by mekuslogan: 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2009
^^^^^^
What countries are those?
Togo? Benin? What are their names and when did they become Yoruba?

Boni Yayi of Benin
Eyadema of Togo
Are those Yoruba names?
Who is the prime minister in question and in which country is he ministering?

Soon Obama will become Yoruba.

Good to see you deluding yourself. Ewu Yoruba minister
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by onyengbu1(m): 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2009
mekuslogan:

^^^^^^

Bonny Yayi of Benin
Eyadema of Togo
Are those Yoruba names?

Now you are inviting becomrich and his maps.

Why not just accept that even Atta Mills  of Ghana and Johnson of Liberia are all  yoruba people and spare us the becommap attack that will soon follow. grin
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by IYANGBALI: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2009
after so many years, some people are still having a hang over of the civil war shame shame shame on them
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by ezeagu(m): 9:04pm On Oct 29, 2009
Ethnocentrism is boring now. Instead of listing our regions and ethnicities 'stats and figures' of how we are better and have done more than the other, we should now be looking at ways that the major regions (Igbo, Middlebelt, Yoruba, Hausa) can stay out of each others faces, either a semi-detached house or a fully detached one if you know what I mean.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by sjeezy8: 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2009
onye_ngbu:

So you ve never heard about Okonjo Iweala, Soludo, Emeagwali, Chimamanda and others .

You've missed my point all of them are successful and well accomplished no doubt, but in retrospect who did they help unselfishly outside of their ethnic group?  undecided
Have any of them written or spoken about any injustices of other ethnic groups that dont coincide with  their own?
Have any of them been jailed for unselfish reasons? I think not

This is not to say others in Nigeria arent successful or well accomplished but its more of who has led selfless activism aside from their own ethnicity besides the Soyinkas Ganis and Fela even Fashola to some extent. What person has awarded and dedicated statues in their home town to people who arent their tribesmen?
Fraud and corruption are practised by yorubas but so it activism and humanitarianism undoubtedly

lol guys still no get message of what counts  more in society

onye_ngbu:

By the way, how many people know about your fashola outside lagos state not to start talking about outside nigeria.

hmm not suppose to be a yoruba or fashola thing but since you insisted
I dont know maybe bill clinton

Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by sjeezy8: 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2009
mekuslogan:

^^^^^^

Boni Yayi of Benin
Eyadema of Togo
Are those Yoruba names?

lets start with presidents

Beninoise President Says He's a Nigerian
"The President of Benin republic, Dr Thomas Boni Yayi on Saturday 20 December, 2008, shocked prominent Yoruba Obas and leaders when he announced in impeccable Yoruba language at Ile Ife, Osun state, Nigeria, that he was happy to be back home."
http://www.africanews.com/site/Beninoise_President_Says_Hes_a_Nigerian/list_messages/22320  grin grin grin

Yayi with ooni of ife
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Former prime minister, First president of togo Olympio
Olympio, Sylvanus (Epiphanio) (b. Sept. 6, 1902, Lomé, Togo - d. Jan. 13, 1963, Lomé), president of Togo (1961-63). A leader of the Committee of Togolese Unity, formed early in World War II as a cultural organization, he was elected president of the first representative territorial assembly in 1946 and soon came into conflict with the French authorities. His party lost its majority at the 1951 elections and boycotted those of 1955. One of his early concerns was to unite the Ewe people, who were divided between British and French Togoland,
The Éwé are the largest ethnic group in Togo, making up approximately 21 per cent of the population, and are related to a number of other southern groups, which are sometimes considered sub-groups of the Éwé.  These include the Ouatchi, Mina, Adja and Afro-Brazilians who are descended from returnees to Togo from Brazil, primarily in the 19th century.
Éwé trace their origins to the Oyo of Nigeria, some of whom migrated to today's Togo in the 13th century.

[img]http://2.bp..com/_vGHHBGhl5M4/ShWR195jAEI/AAAAAAAAAZY/ZB8bz5NGcNo/s400/Kennedy-Olympio.jpg[/img]

Antonio Deinde Fernandez
Ambassador gets ovation

"THE Guardian of Prosperity and Panache" is how Ovation International, an African equivalent of Hello!, modestly describes Antonio Deinde Fernandez, who we revealed last week as a resident of Edinburgh's bejewelled New Town. A friend of Nelson Mandela and George Dubya, Fernandez is a Nigerian-born billionaire and the Central African Republic's permanent ambassador to the United Nations.

You see thats how i know you are illiterate and very stupid, since when was the ENGLISH SPELLING of a yoruba name, a yoruba thing? Ode
maybe you  guys should stop sounding like asses all the time. its becoming sickening. really
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by touchmeder: 10:35pm On Oct 29, 2009
it has nothing to do with tribes at all. its a shameful thing that have become synonymous with some Nigerians. I clearly remember watching the same thing on TV then during the Alamesigha issue. Some of the people were demonstrating and all that and holding prayers and fasting that their gov is going nowhere(even while he sneaked back to the country dressed as a woman).
you can imagine such level of nonsense people were still willing to put up with conducting prayer and fasting. me think it has alot to do with illiteracy.
its amazing it makes you wonder these are the same people that suffer and keep complaining of corruption.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by ikeyman00(m): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@

oduduwas deserves all response they get in nl; god knows

the[size=36pt] trait[/size] is massive

u will claim jesus is yoruba geneticlly when jesus never talk so lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by rethink: 5:04am On Oct 30, 2009
@all the bigot on both sides

I know that Ewe and Egun(a langauge spoken from parts of lagos to parts of Ghana)

Infacts when Yoruba say ENU which means Mouth in yoruba the EWEs say the same thing just as word like

Death Iku or Ku in ewe and yoruba
Ancient breakable Plate Agba
Top cloth Ewu just slightly in ewe Awu

Now with the Igbo and yoruba

The list is divided into rough and ready subsections: Body Parts, etc; Common Medical Conditions, Medications, etc; Relations and Usual Members of the Community; and so on. It is intended that by considering the examples, the reader will be able to form a good impression of how the languages have diverged over time. And the items listed include:

agba (or akpÍ, akpå)/agbÍn (= ‘chin’),

awÍ /ewu (= ‘grey hair’),

aga (or Ëga)/agan (= ‘barrenness, infertility, a barren woman’)

, Ígwå/oogun (= ‘medicine, poison, charm’),

dimkpa/ igiripa (or giripa) (= person in prime of manhood, strong man, man of strength and courage’)

, Ëra (or Íra, Íha, Ísa)/ara (or ira (CY)) (= ‘the citizenry, the people, the masses, the public’)

, onye/ eniyan (or Íniyan(CY)(= ‘person, anyone, someone’)

, agå/ ¹kun (= ‘tiger, leopard’)

, enyin/ erin (= ‘elephant’),

anwå /oorun (= ‘sun, sunlight’),

ifufe (or ifufu)/af¹f¹ (or efuufu) (= ‘wind, breeze, air’),

ogbodo/ogberi (or ogbere (CY)) (= ‘person not yet initiated into a masquerade or similar secret cult , a novice’),

and akårËkÍ /iharihÍ (or ihaahÍ) (= ‘charred part of food which adheres to the pot or sauce pan’).

Very many examples, and not a few from even the deeper recesses of traditional life!

Now i ask again what is tribe language?

More below

Yoruba Imu = Igbo, imi which means nose.
Yoruba eti = Igbo nti which means ear.
Yoruba enu = Igbo onu which stands for mouth.
Yoruba orun = Igbo onu meaning neck.
Yourba Eniyan = Igbo Onye Person

body parts where these similarities abound. In Yoruba and Igbo, the jaw and the cheek are found in the same category. Igbo has it as agba onu Yoruba egbe enu. Armpit in Yoruba is abiya, while in Igbo it is abu. Intestines, stomach, stand for ifun in Yoruba while in Igbo it is afo or avo. So also is aka which is hand in Igbo but apa in Yoruba. In some cases in Yoruba dialect however, aka also stands for arm or hand. The Igbo aka as in finger also signifies Yoruba ika which also stands for finger and toe.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by Vavavoom(m): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2009
Really sad some folks still don't get it and try too hard angry
We are failing as a nation because of nepotism and tribalism the had gone before and still on-going, so sad sad
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by ezeagu(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2009
Vavavoom:

Really sad some folks still don't get it and try too hard angry
We are failing as a nation because of nepotism and tribalism the had gone before and still on-going, so sad sad

We're failing as a 'nation' because there is no nation, just a group of nations thrown into a cage.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by ProAnti: 10:00am On Oct 30, 2009
[size=16pt]May God forgive Mekuslogan, OPCman, sjeezy and other Nairaland bigots[/size]
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by sjeezy8: 10:35am On Oct 30, 2009
^^^ shut your mouth ode no where in this tthread do you seen any tribal rants from me oloshi.
Re: Unbelievable! Sizable (70%) Yoruba population support Thief Bode George. by semid4lyfe(m): 10:44am On Oct 30, 2009
The poster of this thread, 'mekuslogan' or whatever he calls himself is a bloody slowpoke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Second Judge Withdraws From Okorocha’s Certificate Of Return Suit / Orlu Attack,nigeria Army Trying To Hide In Old Woman's Pot Of Soup.photos. / Dangote, Elumelu Jostle For 10 NIPP Power Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.