Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,936 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation (7141 Views)

Peace Ibiyeomie Of Salvation Ministries Showers Widows With Christmas Gifts. Pix / Members Of Salvation Ministry Blasted For Buying Their PAPA A Private Jet / What Was People Reaction When You Told Them About Your Belief As An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
When those subjective experiences begin to generate physical effects like healing the sick instantly and changing lives for good, would it still be sensible to regard them as mere subjective experiences? Or would it just be easier to deny them?

Here we go with more absurd claims, this ridiculous claims gets tiresom over time - Now i believe it is now proveable, perhaps you could tender a demonstration and put it to rest and most importantly substantiate your beliefs.

All the vague amorphous claims up there are day to day occurence, let's use something more substantiable..

Regrow an amputated Limb, then i'll take your claims serious.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
johnydon22:

Here we go with more absurd claims, this ridiculous claims gets tiresom over time - Now i believe it is now proveable, perhaps you could tender a demonstration and put it to rest and most importantly substantiate your beliefs.

All the vague amorphous claims up there are day to day occurence, let's use something more substantiable..

Regrow an amputated Limb, then i'll take your claims serious.
And your ridiculous denials are laughable. Why do you assume that God is interested in restoring an amputee for your amusement?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
Deicide:
Yes i am
Lol. I'm sure you know that you are misotheist. Your choice of monikers na wa?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
Lol. I'm sure you know that you are misotheist. Your choice of monikers na wa?
Can you please focus on the topic and The Question i Asked?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
And your ridiculous denials are laughable. Why do you assume that God is interested in restoring an amputee for your amusement?
But he is able to help me find my Car keys for my Amusement

5 Likes

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2016
Deicide:

Can you please focus on the topic and The Question i Asked?
Dreams are dreams. I was just trying to show that not everything can be empirically tested.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:44pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
Nice dodging attempt... But won't work. . You brought up the absurd claims so no running away or giving silly excuses as above..

Lmao seems God is running away from that only interested in ambiguous stuffs like headache.. grin

Awefully unimpressive. . . why not try harder..

Prove your claims and lets establish your belief as objective truth - Regrow an amputated limb..

Why should that be so hard for God? Weren't you so excited when laying out claims?

Don't dodge please.....

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
Deicide:

If He does that, he would only be exercising His Divine prerogative.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
Deicide:

Or score a goal in a football match, heal headaches but bring up unambiguous example like "Regrow an amputated limbs"

they roll out the silly laughable excuses and tries hard to deny the incompetence of their belief in a vague idea.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
Dreams are dreams. I was just trying to show that not everything can be empirically tested.
ok
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
johnydon22:
Nice dodging attempt... But won't work. . You brought up the absurd claims so no running away or giving silly excuses as above..

Lmao seems God is running away from that only interested in ambiguous stuffs like headache.. grin

Awefully unimpressive. . . why not try harder..

Prove your claims and lets establish your belief as objective truth - Regrow an amputated limb..

Why should that be so hard for God? Weren't you so excited when laying out claims?

Don't dodge please.....
It isn't hard for Him to do. Nothing is. Have you ever taken an amputee for healing and was disappointed?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
Why doesn't He exercise this Divine right in regrowing An amputees Limb? but can exercise it to help me find my car keys

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:

Seems it's prerogatives are limited to such vague examples - why is it not extended to amputated limbs that made you resort to silly excuses?

It's hard to defend unreal and pass it as real i understand, you'd have to coin out ridiculous excuses at every juncture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
Deicide:

Why doesn't He exercise this Divine right in regrowing An amputees Limb? but can exercise it to help me find my car keys
...and who said He hasn't?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
johnydon22:

Or score a goal in a football match, heal headaches but bring up unambiguous example like "Regrow an amputated limbs"

they roll out the silly laughable excuses and tries hard to deny the incompetence of their belief in a vague idea.
When it comes to regrowing an amputated limb They will always have an Excuse
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by jonbellion(m): 11:51pm On Oct 31, 2016
The summary of Christian salvation is basically
GOD: you are scum you are a worthless piece of sh*t basically what ever you think you do and think you are righteous is basically like horse sh*t before my eyes. You can't stand before me with your repulsive stench of iniquity no matter how good you have ever been or will ever be is not good enough. The only way you can even CONSIDER redemption is if you accept the human blood sacrifice I made for you 2000 years ago so you can receive salvation and if you do so much as lack a belief in it I will burn you for all eternity in a fire that the worms will eat your putrid flesh while the rest of your pathetic human race that accepted my ultimatum would continue to kiss my ass for all eternity cuz kissing my ass on earth was not enough
CHRISTIAN: *pause*.....sounds great! smiley smiley

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
It isn't hard for Him to do. Nothing is. Have you ever taken an amputee for healing and was disappointed?

An irrelevant dance around, why not simply give me an example or is it easier to deny the obvious?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
Deicide:

When it comes to regrowing an amputated limb They will always have an Excuse

Let's enjoy the show -

1 Like

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 11:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
If u have Evidence That an Amputee limb was Regrown Can you please bring it forward

1 Like

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
TomHagen:
Nobody sir, we just asked for examples or demonstration...
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 11:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
Deicide:

If u have Evidence That an Amputee limb was Regrown Can you please bring it forward

lets wait for the example but i'm betting on another hilarious excuse grin grin
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 12:00am On Nov 01, 2016
johnydon22:

An irrelevant dance around, why not simply give me an example or is it easier to deny the obvious?
I am sure you must have heard of Smith Wigglesworth, Try not to deny www.revivalhistory.com/blog/smith-wigglesworththat-you-may-marvel/
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 12:00am On Nov 01, 2016
johnydon22:

lets wait for the example but i'm betting on another hilarious excuse grin grin
Yes let's watch the Excuse he'll bring this time Around
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 12:05am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
I am sure you must have heard of Smith Wigglesworth, Try not to deny www.revivalhistory.com/blog/smith-wigglesworththat-you-may-marvel/

I have not sir - so what about him?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 12:08am On Nov 01, 2016
johnydon22:

I have not sir - so what about him?
Read the link.
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 12:11am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Read the link.

Oh i just did, a story does not prove anything so you still have to prove this tale..

Obviously we already had photographs by the time the alleged event took place, so can we see a before an after photo of the man's limbs?

I'm sure an event of such magnitude would never have gone unnoticed or failed to attract much attention at the time of it's happening.

so sir in order not to make this disgraceful for you, i urge you provide us with tangible proof ..

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 12:11am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Sir i do not see any limb regrowing in the link you provided
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 12:15am On Nov 01, 2016
Deicide:

Asin eeeehn this is getting real bad and hot, wouldn't like to be him now grin

i was expecting at least pictorial evidence even if it's photoshopped but got a story as a meal...

The story of 'Three little pigs' is beginning to sound real to me now grin

something just as simple as this

[img]http://www.washington.edu/news/files/2013/07/ProsthesisDevice-09.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.washington.edu/news/files/2013/07/ProsthesisDevice-38.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.washington.edu/news/files/2013/07/ProsthesisDevice-49.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.washington.edu/news/files/2013/07/ProsthesisDevice-67.jpg[/img]

Don't you just love science grin Don't claim it, just prove it!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by TomHagen: 12:19am On Nov 01, 2016
Deicide:

johnydon22:

Oh i just did, a story does not prove anything so you still have to prove this tale..
Obviously we already had photographs by the time the alleged event took place, so can we see a before an after photo of the man's limbs?
I'm sure an event of such magnitude would never have gone unnoticed or failed to attract much attention at the time of it's happening.
so sir in order not to make this disgraceful for you, i urge you provide us with tangible proof ..
Deicide:

You see why it's useless to attempt to show anything? You'd just deny. You'd call videos and pictures doctored and also you have this erroneous thought that miracles are for your amusement. THEY ARE NOT!!
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by johnydon22(m): 12:23am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
You see why it's useless to attempt to show anything? You'd just deny. You'd call videos and pictures doctored and also you have this erroneous thought that miracles are for your amusement. THEY ARE NOT!!

Oga is this another way of agreeing you have nothing? grin Can you simply agree so you can just sleep better tonight or does it pay to deny the obvious?
Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by Deicide: 12:23am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
Sir is this the New Excuse you Are coming Up with? Why not Show us The b4 and After At least even if it's a Picture Photoshop is Acceptable

1 Like

Re: The Coercion Of Forceful Belief As A Means Of Salvation by jonbellion(m): 12:27am On Nov 01, 2016
TomHagen:
no offence to your beliefs but faith healing isn't reliable evidence usually most people that feel healed are basically feeling a placebo. There have been countless stories of people that died as a result not to mention that smith higgleworth guy had absurd ways of "healing" hitting people, punching them and things like that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Importance Of Being Thankful To God Through Charity / Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians / Bible Study - Galatians... Has The Modern Church Misunderstood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.