Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn (29883 Views)

Ezekwesili Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / FFK Reacts To Buhari's Request To World Bank To Focus On Northern Nigeria / Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by thedarkside: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
i hope you people know that 30billion dollars is more than we have in our national treasury account..

why do you want to borrow more than you have in your pocket??..

does this even make sense to anyone??

thats why they are called senators..

show some respect...

4 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by jossy4joseph(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by falxx: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2016
seunmsg:

You want to diversify the economy without building key infrastructure like power and good rail network right? My friend, you don't know what you are saying. The infrastructures proposed in the loan plan is key to diversification of the economy.
So without rail, we cannot do anything to comot this recession abi? So we do not provided 24 power supply nothing can be to done to this hardest recession abi? There was so much food everywhere by the last government, was this due to abundance of power and rail abi? As at today, I am the happiest for the downturn of this Buhari's loan. This is shows his incompetence. If Buhari was a competent leader and with well structured and quilified minister, they would have identified other important areas and not to requesting for loan they cannot manage. Who is even quilified to manage the loan if given? Is it those very low and elementary minister of finance or what? Where is even the blue print to be followed? The fact is that Buhari is damn too dumb and incompetent to rule this country

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Grundig: 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
The only infrastructure that worth borrowing for is power. Every otherthing is secondary. They can wait until power is available and stable.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by NairaMaster1(m): 2:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
SweetLove0:
dubious law breakers.

E pain you? Go and study our debt status. You think anything from buhari is OK meanwhile you study economics from a university

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by thedarkside: 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
falxx:
So without rail, we cannot do anything to comot this recession abi? So we do not provided 24 power supply nothing can be to done to this hardest recession abi? There was so much food everywhere by the last government, was this due to abundance of power and rail abi? As at today, I am the happiest for the downturn of this Buhari's loan. This is shows his incompetence. If Buhari was a competent leader and with well structured and quilified minister, they would have identified other important areas and not to requesting for loan they cannot manage. Who is even quilified to manage the loan if given? Is it those very low and elementary minister of finance or what? Where is even the blue print to be followed? The fact is that Buhari is damn too dumb and incompetent to rule this country

we don hear..calm down..

i dont understand too why he is porposing such a giant mistake....

but we must admit..he is very good in somethings..
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Agbanagba1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
RockHard:

This rejection further highlights the fault-lines within the APC. Buhari is simply an incompetent leader, else he would've 'rallied his [APC] troops' at the National Assembly to ensure that the bill was accepted and passed, afterall the party still enjoys a majority at the National Assembly. But no, his aloofness, abysmal incompetence, lack of leadership and indifference to the serious crises facing the party has and will continue to cause him embarrassments such as this. Truly the guy truly is a du.l.lard.
This is not politics,this is economics... Does the loan make economic sense? At what % of interest rate? What is duration of the loan? Where will the revenue for amortization of the loan come from?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by ilynem(m): 2:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
repogirl:
They want to borrow money that will forever put us in massive debt with no results that will show for it.

This FG that met a bustling economy and ran it aground now want to borrow and finally bury the country into the ground. The senate did well by curbing it.

How do you know there will nothing to show for it? What do you do when there is deficiency of demand (which is causing the recession)? You pump in money into the economy and it's always better to pump it into capital projects which is what the loan is for. As long as the loan is used properly, we are in good stead. The US is owing trillions of dollars and they have the most powerful economy in the world. You and I will suffer the brunt of the senate's decision not Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Splashme: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
Largas:
SE Nigeria will be rejoicing over this kind of news.

Foooooolish President in Chief.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by able20(m): 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
seunmsg:

You want to diversify the economy without building key infrastructure like power and good rail network right? My friend, you don't know what you are saying. The infrastructures proposed in the loan plan is key to diversification of the economy.

What is the guarantee that those infrastructures will be able to generate the inflow to repay the huge Loan, don't forget we have a bad history of loan servicing

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by thedarkside: 2:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
ilynem:

How do you know there will nothing to show for it? What do you do when there is deficiency of demand (which is causing the recession)? You pump in money into the economy and it's always better to pump it into capital projects which is what the loan is for. As long as the loan is used properly, we are in good stead. The US is owing trillions of dollars and they have the most powerful economy in the world. You and I will suffer the brunt of the senate's decision not Buhari.

you have a point..but i disagree with you..

i rather live off of what i have in my pocket,suffer and work harder than end up like libya,irak,syria,sudan or venezuela...

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Ephemmm: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
DONSMITH123:

With due respect my brother, since the inception of this government. We have heard enough on the diversification of economy. Tell me what they've achieved on it.

They need to wake up before it'll be too late.

PDP stressed diversification for 16 years: how far have they gone? For your information, heavy investment in infrastructural development is one of the key ways out of this recession in that Electrician, welders, labourers, food sellers, landlord will be gainfully employed and have income through 'multiplier effect'.

Your case is like someone who is expecting yield/interest on investment, but has not worked heavily to realize enough fund for investment purpose not to talk of investing it. But you forgot that no refinery is working: no constant power supplies: roads are bad: pipe borne waters are dilapidating daily: schools and hospitals are ill-equipped etc despite oil booming in the past.

I don't have problem with the borrowing: the problem I have is mistrust on the part of the handlers of the borrowed fund who might not spend the fund for the purpose intended.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Ephemmm: 2:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
[s]
clefstone:
Anything to frustrate buhari is allowed until he suffers the pain GEJ suffered when he was an opposition
[/s]

Ignorance at its peak! Buhari and GEJ no go suffer anything: you mean there won't be constant power supply in their respective homes, or lack of food to eat or lack of cars to ride or lack of good placement for their children after graduation?

Continue deceiving yourself over there: educated illiterate.

5 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by playboy19(m): 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
thedarkside:

i rather live off of what i have in my pocket,suffer and work harder than end up like libya,irak,syria,sudan or venezuela...

Yes it is easy to make such decisions with personal finance, however, it is never the same with corporate or sovereign financing.

The only 2 ways out of this recession is through sales of asset or borrowing. I will support any of these two as long as the funds are utilized judiciously.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Ephemmm: 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
PedroJP:

Hello Mr hypocrite. You refused to answer my question on the other thread on how private investors produce public goods for a whole region.

Why ain't u advising that FG invites private investors for these projects ?

Are infrastructural developments through private investors only good for Nigerdelta ?

Evil people that will see black and call it white.

[s]You want to borrow now for infrastructural development but want Nigerdelta to wait for private investors[/s]

How will bombing and insecurity attracts foreign investors into your area? Yet you blame FG for all your predicaments: keep on bombing and celebrating your hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by ilynem(m): 2:52pm On Nov 01, 2016
thedarkside:

Borrowing is never the problem. The problem is efficiently utilising the funds borrowed. This is where transparency comes to play. And it's not just about you, it is about the collective gain. You have food on a table, you even have data in your phone, there are people that cannot even afford a plate of food. It all boils down to transparency though. The president should me more transparent on where this money is going into.
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by tohchee96(m): 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2016
I only have one question ..and I all honesty its because I don't know ...
what I'm asking is ...
what happened to ..the recovered loot ? I just want to know please ....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Amanwulu1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2016
obailala:
One would have loved to see at least the Mambilla project come to life. But throwing out a proposal 100% without even a debate?.. Okay
same buhari threw out d confab report n proposals without even knowing d content. Who is better?

2 Likes

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Theuniverse: 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
good by the senate

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by blackbliz: 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
seunmsg:

borrowing such kind of money is much and where is the money going to ,I was told the the money given to amechi for railway was chop up by olusegun and him they returned little where is the money they collected from them and all the money received from the bad citizens where is it, the power has just moved from the hands of thief to I dont even know what to qualify them. fake agenda

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
ilynem:

Sharap. Repogirl don't mind her. Stop comparing US with Nigeria. The are an exporting nation while Nigeria is a consumer nation. How do we repay the debt when Oil is hitting bedrock and we import everything even toothpicks and EVEN OIL(refined)?

So don't compare us with them. China, Japan, US can handle huge debt because of their booming economy. We can't. Stop selling our unborn generatipon to slavery OGA.

Buhari should resign.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Theuniverse: 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
if senate reject buhari, mek him order CBN to print the moni na abi CBN go reject am too

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Kingbuhari(m): 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2016
Dullard Buhari will be like

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Kenobus: 3:18pm On Nov 01, 2016
This is the best so far from the Senators. You dont just wake up and say you want to borrow $30b. That is too much. We have $11b debt now from $9b that Buhari inherited.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by fourthworld: 3:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
seunmsg:
They did not even debate it before throwing it out. Not a good development. Throwing the entire proposal away is not the best. We need some of the projects that were proposed in the loan proposal. They should have debated the proposal and approve some even if they won't approve all.

It's a waste of time to debate such.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Genius100: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
Largas:

How can you borrow a heavy Loan for infrastructural development, how will that revamp our dead economy or alleviate suffering in the Land?

Buhari should focus on diversification of the economy and exodusing us out of this misery instead of taking Loans to construct railtracks from Daura to LA.

What a mor on. Is it the hot air you're spewing that Buhari will use to diversify the economy? Even the mighty US had to borow and spend extensively on infrastructure to get out of recession and this clown here is talking nonsense..
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by thedarkside: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
playboy19:

Yes it is easy to make such decisions with personal finance, however, it is never the same with corporate or sovereign financing.

The only 2 ways out of this recession is through sales of asset or borrowing. I will support any of these two as long as the funds are utilized judiciously.

i wouldnt risk it..your bet is,if you have more cash availble it will give you more buy and sell power..

but we dont have diziplin for that yet..

you know how we are...not a good idea...

and 30billion dollars is not enough to catch up with the rest of the world even if we use it well anyways..

listen for ones..we told you to dont devalue the naira..you did..but please dont borrow more than you have in your pocket...

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by ayila13(m): 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2016
Very fake law makers
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by solaere(m): 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2016
Do me I Do u....
Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
ilynem:

we can mostly spend our way out of a recession if that capital would find its way into our economy. most of those projects would be carried out by expatriates (engineers and technicians) so, over 70% of that fund would find its way outside Nigeria. most of those projects are long term and would have no immediate impact on our economy. if Mr presido truly wants to help Nigerians, he should expediently reduce the salary and allowance of the executive while increasing minimum wage to around 45000 after all, their dithering in setting up an economic blueprint and their arbitrary increase in tax helped put us in this quagmire.

1 Like

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by repogirl(f): 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
saintmark88:

I weep wen I c pple like u talk unintelligently on social media, I wonder if we d youth or let me say young adults even carry out research at all

I dnt blame u wen u talk like this, too much attention on Brazilian hair, iphone, Mary Kay powder..has turned our young ladies into dummies.....sometimes I wonder if in a general sense...Ladies in general think because they r ladies then they r allowed to be dumb

Now to d point u made tht its totally a distortion of the truth. What do u mean by he met a "bustling economy". Have u ever researched to find out what d economy was like bfre GEJ entered n what it was bfre he left??

If u have not please do, bfre u make a urself appear dumb
lmao! It's ironic that a zombie is talking about being dumb and brainless. It seems you are more annoyed about weaves and makeup than the points I made, hence you attack them like a raving lunatic.

I don't need to do any useless research. You should do your research.

Isn't it in the records that Nigeria displaced SA to be the fastest growing economy in Africa? Since you have no idea what bustling means, consult your dictionary and leave Brazilian hair and makeup out of this. The IMF president Lagarde even visited Buhari to warn him about our receding economy but he was making mouth that we will look inwards and solve our problem. Has he finished looking inwards now? Now that we are deep into recession, he has run to the same IMF begging for loans without even a comprehensive, viable blue print on what to use the loan for or how to get us out of this situation and you are saying what? Is that the person that should be trusted with 30 billion dollars? We should trust him blindly? Even if zombies like you will trust him like that , I'm sorry dear but the IMF still have there senses intact.

I am a Nigerian who has experienced live the Obasanjo, Yaradua, GEJ govts and now Buharis own and If you have lost your senses or you are in denial, know this ...Recession did not begin until Buhari took over. Buhari has failed even before he began. If you still have a problem with what I say, read my signature and cure yourself of your zombiesm.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Rejects Buhari’s Request To Borrow $30bn by KunkeAkinola(m): 4:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
seunmsg:

U dey mind am.. Good Infrastructure is the foundation for efficient diversification in this country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Unveils Agenda For Next Three Years / One Civil Servant Collects 20 Salaries - Finance Minister / Debate: Isn't By Force, Leave Buhari Alone - Shehu Sani Tells Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.