Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal (955 Views)

I’m Fair To Ndigbo In Appointment – Buhari (picture) / Igbo Must Produce President In 2019 To Pacify Biafra Agitators – Ohanaeze Youths / Free El-zakzaky, Nnamdi Kanu, Others – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by sarrki(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
Apologise to Ndigbo or be rendered irrelevant – Ohanaeze youths tell Orji KaluBy Seun Opejobi on November 1, 2016

Sequel to the claim of former Abia State governor, Orji Uzor Kalu, that Igbos are good in commerce but bad in politics, the Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, has demanded an apology from the former governor for insulting the race or be made irrelevant in Igboland.

Recall that Kalu had lamented that the people of South-East extraction despite being good in commerce and in every other thing they do, are bad in politics. 

Irked by the comment of the former governor, President of OYC, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, described the comment as an insult to the Igbo race.

Wondering if political giants like the late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe and Michael Okpara are traders, Isiguzoro accused Kalu of being one of those who deviated from the political ideology of pioneer Igbo national politicians, the Punch reports.

Alleging that Kalu brought “traders’ mentality” into Igbo politics, the OYC President said, “During the First Republic, Igbos like Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe, Michael Okpara and others were at the forefront of the independence movement.

“In the Second Republic, Igbos like Dr Alex Ekwueme were also at the forefront of national politics.

“It was when people like Kalu came to power that Igbos began to lose grounds, because he (Kalu) and his likes introduced traders’ mentality into the politics played by Igbos at the national level.

“The statement, which is ridiculing Ndigbo, was not expected from somebody who was a two-term governor.

“Was Nnamdi Azikiwe a trader? Was Michael Okpara a trader? What of Odumegwu Ojukwu, Mbonu Ojike, Jaja Nwachukwu? Were they traders?”

“When Tinubu was controlling only one state Kalu was controlling two states.

“How did he (Kalu) lose the two states? Because of his poor management skills.

“Ohanaeze youths don’t want to insult him because he is an elder, but he should apologise to Ndigbo.

“If he refuses to apologise, if he fails to retract that statement, we will put him in the dustbin of history and he will have no more relevance in Igboland.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/11/01/apologise-ndigbo-rendered-irrelevant-ohanaeze-youths-tell-orji-kalu/

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by OJUcrook: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
LWKMD
Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by Clerverly: 5:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
Akuko Uwa!
Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by gidgiddy: 5:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
Akuko n'egwu!

Ngwa nezie nu anya etu Yoruba ga esi bata ebea iko akuko ka ndi egbuwara isi.
Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by orimsam: 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2016
To be sincere. Orji uzor kalu does not have the moral justification to say wht he sed. Kalu really bleeped up

3 Likes

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by Tolexander: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
I don talk am yesterday sey dem go call for OUK's head!

2 Likes

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by ImoRiver: 6:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
What about Ekwueme that said the same thing in a different way?

http://breaking.com.ng/nigeria/igbos-dont-trust-themselves-ekwueme/

Most Igbos that have attained the top echelon of national politics will sadly make that conclusion.

4 Likes

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by chinolization: 6:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
Where was OUK when Imo state people were slaughtered in Imo state and another Imo state origin beheaded in Kano?

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by dondo83(m): 6:37pm On Nov 01, 2016
ImoRiver:
What about Ekwueme that said the same thing in a different way?

http://breaking.com.ng/nigeria/igbos-dont-trust-themselves-ekwueme/

Most Igbos that have attained the top echelon of national politics will sadly make that conclusion.

leave them let them do what they know how to do best(chestbeating) .

when a group of people take you as an enemy when you advise or criticize, then they deserve what comes to them

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by finito88(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
Igbos are their own worst enemy

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by sarrki(m): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
Observing the situation critically
Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by babyfaceafrica: 6:47pm On Nov 01, 2016
Taaar...na lie.ohaneze needs OUK more than he needs them...rabbish..pot calling kettle black...yeye!!

2 Likes

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by Beremx(f): 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
OUK my hero!

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by joeprince23(m): 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
Although i am not from SE but i am still a bonifide igbo man therefore i will comment here, firstly orji kalu lacks any moral grounds to accuse ndigbo,he should be ashamed of himself, what has he done for the igbo nation? His sun newspaper and new telegraph have not even done justice to ndigbo,every day flashy headlines praising him and criticising every other igbo person and achievement are always on his papers,if not for authority newspaper and thisday igbos would have been voiceless in terms of national print media. Which industries did he attract to igboland?... He is here comparing himself to peter obi, even sullivan and ngige are far ahead of him interms of good governance, MR KALU go to nnewi and see what ibo leaders turned the town into,an industrial clusters that even the UK ambassador was shocked when he visited... MR KALU you are your former stooge single handedly ran aba city to the ground... Thats why i still respect CHIBUIKE AMAECHI cause he talks and do,unlike this foolish KALU! ...umu nwannem awum nwa ndoki,awum confirm nwafor from rivers state( i be rivers man)

3 Likes

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
Apology my foot. Is Ohanaeze itself relevant?

1 Like

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by sarrki(m): 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
joeprince23:
Although i am not from SE but i am still a bonifide igbo man therefore i will comment here, firstly orji kalu lacks any moral grounds to accuse ndigbo,he should be ashamed of himself, what has he done for the igbo nation? His sun newspaper and new telegraph have not even done justice to ndigbo,every day flashy headlines praising him and criticising every other igbo person and achievement are always on his papers,if not for authority newspaper and thisday igbos would have been voiceless in terms of national print media. Which industries did he attract to igboland?... He is here comparing himself to peter obi, even sullivan and ngige are far ahead of him interms of good governance, MR KALU go to nnewi and see what ibo leaders turned the town into,an industrial clusters that even the UK ambassador was shocked when he visited... MR KALU you are your former stooge single handedly ran aba city to the ground... Thats why i still respect CHIBUIKE AMAECHI cause he talks and do,unlike this foolish KALU! ...umu nwannem awum nwa ndoki,awum confirm nwafor from rivers state( i be rivers man)

Is that all ?

OUK Is one of the most respected Igbo leaders

So please don't talk of an elder stateman like that again
Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
The fact remains that Igbos are political mediocre.

4 Likes

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by ettybaba(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ibos hate to hear the truth.
Did ojukwu ever win any election in igboland? He lost 3 elections including a senatorial election after leading them to the war but the traitors are hailing him as a good politician when he's gone. Shame shame shame!!!

2 Likes

Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by dEastActivist: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2016
The idiot needs to apologise seriously, how dare him make such derogatory speech against the Igbos.

By moral justification, he is the one to be questioned of how he is playing his own trader politics. Ekwueme, azikiwe, okpara were Igbos that played national politics well, they don't have two heads...
Re: Apologise To Ndigbo Or Be Rendered Irrelevant – Ohanaeze Youths Tell Orji Kal by hisgrace090: 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
ettybaba:
Ibos hate to hear the truth.
Did ojukwu ever win any election in igboland? He lost 3 but the traitors are ailing him as a good politician when he's gone. Shame shame shame!!!

And shame!

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To All Nigerians On Behalf Of Moham.abu Ali And The Falling Soldiers / Fake Result Being Endorsed In Rivers / Buhari Congratulates New Ohaneze Ndigbo President, Chief John Nwodo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.