Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 (1748 Views)

Fashola Lists Achievements Of His Ministries In The Last One Year / Top 5 Government Ministries In Nigeria - Topeverything / FG Releases N350b For Capital Projects: See The Breakdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by 360frolic(m): 8:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
Nigeria's federal Ministry of finance has released a breakdown of the amount it released for capital projects for Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).

N753,633,667,464 has been released from the 2016 budget allocation. Here's the breakdown:

Ministry of Power: N209,246,760,165,
Defence: N69,512,363,730,
Transport N30,540,042,428;
Agriculture: N29,578,929,050;
Water Resources: N25,201,857,951;
Interior: N21,210,059,596;
Health: N18,472,539,524;
Education: N16,743,672,981;
Niger Delta: N8,161,196,486;
Science and Technology: N6,681,349,721;
Mines & Steel: N3,360,000,000;
Petroleum: N2,413,847,044
Others N312,511,048,789.

FG aims to spend 1.8 trillion Naira or 30% of N6.06 trillion 2016 budget on Capital Expenditure.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/11/breakdown-of-amount-released-for.html

cc lalasticlala
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by Collenshy2020(m): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
ministry of Agriculture's budget is not encouraging at all, this government seem not to have plans for the future, its high time diversification into key sectors such as Agriculture,mine & steel is to be keyed into with high regards.
malaysia is a very viable example.
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by INTROVERT(f): 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by yang(m): 8:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Oil Billions stolen from SE/SS

Spent in the North while they are killing people everyday in Onitsha

Where is the money being spent? which region

Ndi oshi

Zoo republic

Dullard terrorist buhari as president of monkey republioc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by teadrake(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
yang:
Oil Billions stolen from SE/SS
Spent in the North while they are killing people everyday in Onitsha
Where is the money being spent? which region
Ndi oshi
Zoo republic
Dullard terrorist buhari as president of monkey republioc
If you're claiming that your President is a terorrist,then what are you?

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by freeze001(f): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2016
I am not understanding sontin! Please how does this translate to the 76% budget implementation we've been hearing? Where has d remaining 2 Trillion plus naira gone to?

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by chriskosherbal(m): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
OK I see
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by chigoizie7(m): 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
Wait a minute, I might be a novice but, my brain still works.

6.6 trillion - 1.8 trillion = 4.8 trillion.

That means if 1.8 trillion is going to capital expenditures, then 4.8 trillion will go to recurrent expenditures.

Now When GEJ had a budget of 4 trillion+, how did he carter for his recurrent expenditures while also doing his capital projects?

And according to adeosun, they blocked billions from ghost workers and other wastage.

How can this years administration budget on recurrent surpass all the 2014 budget put together, both recurrent and capital upon say these people no increase salaries.?

I be novice, a beg make enlightened people help me out.

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by gebest: 10:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
Yet no impact
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by mrvitalis(m): 11:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
Collenshy2020:
ministry of Agriculture's budget is not encouraging at all, this government seem not to have plans for the future, its high time diversification into key sectors such as Agriculture,mine & steel is to be keyed into with high regards.
malaysia is a very viable example.

Tell me ur not seeing local rice everywhere in the market? ?

What the government is doing in agriculture sector is spending less ajnd getting the private sector to take thw driving sit and just providing structure. .. see how much water resources got?? Know why?? Irrigation

Mines and steel was desperate, yhe minster requested to study the whole stuff and the money u see realised is for data collection
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by mrvitalis(m): 11:25pm On Nov 01, 2016
chigoizie7:
Wait a minute, I might be a novice but, my brain still works.

6.6 trillion - 1.8 trillion = 4.8 trillion.

That means if 1.8 trillion is going to capital expenditures, then 4.8 trillion will go to recurrent expenditures.

Now When GEJ had a budget of 4 trillion+, how did he carter for his recurrent expenditures while also doing his capital projects?

And according to adeosun, they blocked billions from ghost workers and other wastage.

How can this years administration budget on recurrent surpass all the 2014 budget put together, both recurrent and capital upon say these people no increase salaries.?

I be novice, a beg make enlightened people help me out.
Debt servicing is about 1.5 trillion there. .

Jonathan took some very bad loans that required instant servicing

4 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by deji68: 11:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
That is no excuse debt servicing has always been part of any Nigerian Budget..... from OBJ to Buhari, what happenrd to 1,8T for capital project that was the question cool cool
mrvitalis:

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by mrvitalis(m): 12:29am On Nov 02, 2016
deji68:
That is no excuse debt servicing has always being part of any Nigerian Budget..... from OBJ to Buhari, what happenrd to 1,8T for capital project that was the question cool cool
Did u see how much has been released?? Or u omitted that

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by deji68: 12:58am On Nov 02, 2016
Well nothing on ground to show for amount released...
n_power?
Railway ?
School feeding ?
5000Naira social support for less privileged?
Healthcare?

mrvitalis:

Did u see how much has been released?? Or u omitted that
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by mrvitalis(m): 12:59am On Nov 02, 2016
deji68:
Well nothing on ground to show for amount released...
n_power?
Railway ?
School feeding ?
5000Naira social support for less privileged?
Healthcare?

Did u actually read the budget??

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by deji68: 1:00am On Nov 02, 2016
read it, both padded and "unpadded"..... cool cool
mrvitalis:

Did u actually read the budget??
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by Jazzman44: 2:18am On Nov 02, 2016
When we said 2015 budget of N6tr was looted people said we should wait for their own budget that the 2015 budget was manipulated 4 them 2 fail .
Now we all can see what the elders saw sitting down cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I continue 2 laugh
Thank God na all of us dey dis country dey suffer am
Abi APC get different market 4m PDP or APGA? We go all reap wetin we sow cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Still laughing in Swahili
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by chigoizie7(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2016
mrvitalis:

Ok, I can handle that.

Still GEJ serviced loans.

Still 1.5 trillion - 4.8 trillion will still leave us at 3.3 trillion, na recurrent be 3.3 trillion?
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by mrvitalis(m): 7:24am On Nov 02, 2016
chigoizie7:

Ok, I can handle that.

Still GEJ serviced loans.

Still 1.5 trillion - 4.8 trillion will still leave us at 3.3 trillion, na recurrent be 3.3 trillion?
Bro recurrent expenditure has been as high as 90%... Maybe u should go through the 2015 budget maybe then u would understand why we say Buhari has got a good plan.. .

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by chigoizie7(m): 9:18am On Nov 02, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro recurrent expenditure has been as high as 90%... Maybe u should go through the 2015 budget maybe then u would understand why we say Buhari has got a good plan.. .

Well, maybe I am understanding it differently.

And that is why despite the 6.6 trillion 2016 budget, there is still a deficit in the areas of capital expenditures and more reason why they are seeking for extra loan to fund it.

Does it been they never planned well for capital expenditures while making the 2016 budget?

I mean if the recurrent is as high as u said, then there was no plan for infrastructures in the 1st place. And then a whopping 90% of 6.6 trillion as u said, going for recurrent? Was it not the same template for recurrent used for 2014 or 2015 that is being used for 2016? If it is the same, and as u said, recurrent being as high as 90%, which means, this year's recurrent alone is larger than other years budget put together, both recurrent and capital. If so too, what has changed or what is different from 2016 recurrent from that of 2015? I mean, despite all blockages and controls kemi claimed was achieved.

I am still a novice and being too inquisitive, so don't be offended I am asking for too much, but I want u to help me out in answering them so that I don't make mistakes when I speak or get myself disgraced.

For a clamouring for change govt, do u think it is wise for running costs to be higher than investments? I mean when u need more on productivity?

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by mrvitalis(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2016
chigoizie7:

Well, maybe I am understanding it differently.

And that is why despite the 6.6 trillion 2016 budget, there is still a deficit in the areas of capital expenditures and more reason why they are seeking for extra loan to fund it.

Does it been they never planned well for capital expenditures while making the 2016 budget?

I mean if the recurrent is as high as u said, then there was no plan for infrastructures in the 1st place. And then a whopping 90% of 6.6 trillion as u said, going for recurrent? Was it not the same template for recurrent used for 2014 or 2015 that is being used for 2016? If it is the same, and as u said, recurrent being as high as 90%, which means, this year's recurrent alone is larger than other years budget put together, both recurrent and capital. If so too, what has changed or what is different from 2016 recurrent from that of 2015? I mean, despite all blockages and controls kemi claimed was achieved.

I am still a novice and being too inquisitive, so don't be offended I am asking for too much, but I want u to help me out in answering them so that I don't make mistakes when I speak or get myself disgraced.

For a clamouring for change govt, do u think it is wise for running costs to be higher than investments? I mean when u need more on productivity?
There is what is called revenue projections and revenue shortfalls

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by chigoizie7(m): 9:43am On Nov 02, 2016
mrvitalis:

There is what is called revenue projections and revenue shortfalls

I know about that.
Re: Breakdown Of Amount Released For Capital Projects To Ministries In 2016 by pchukwudi: 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
That was just for 2015 in jonathan's administration, and we all know why unless one wants to be mischievious. So, contrary to your insinuation below, the 2014 budget for capital expenditure was about 30% and that of 2013 was above 30%. So buhari's not doing anything new yet.

mrvitalis:

(1) (Reply)

Unraveling The “mystery” Of Donald Trump’s Nigerian Supporters / Senate President Saraki Pocketed Billions Of Naira From Paris Loan Refund / Only In Aba: After The Flood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.