Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. (5936 Views)

4 Things That Really Turn Women Off! / These Are 5 Simple Things Men Can Do To Turn Women On Instantly / 10 Texting Habits That Should Tell Guys She Is Totally A Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LadyAnn(f): 1:30am On Nov 02, 2016
1) Poor Grammar. Bad spelling and poor grammar are the biggest turnoffs for women when it come to texting the opposite sex. This is mostly because, making so much spell errors shows a lack of effort. That ultimately, is something which turns most women off, whether it's your English or your personal hygiene. grin

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by UndisputedBosom(m): 1:34am On Nov 02, 2016
What benefit do i get when i write with the best grammar and still got ignored cry

7 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by emotions1: 1:52am On Nov 02, 2016
embarassed
Baba what are u saying.
Who big grammar epp...
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LadyAnn(f): 1:56am On Nov 02, 2016
UndisputedBosom:
What benefit do i get when i write with the best grammar and still got ignored cry

You get the benefit of being sexy lol. Research shows that good grammar makes you sexy.... You won't be ignored for long

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by henrygale(m): 5:15am On Nov 02, 2016
LadyAnn:
1) Poor Grammar. Bad spelling and poor grammar are the biggest turnoffs for women when it come to texting the opposite sex. This is mostly because, making so much spell errors shows a lack of effort. That ultimately, is something which turns most women off, whether it's your English or your personal hygiene. grin
Turns men like me off too when dealing with a female. Sometimes, I try correcting a few and some of them turns it into an ugly scene,while d wise ones takes to the corrections and learns.
So,as it is for ladies, so it is also for men.
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by henrygale(m): 5:16am On Nov 02, 2016
LadyAnn:

You get the benefit of being sexy lol. Research shows that good grammar makes you sexy.... You won't be ignored for long
True!.....for the ladies tho.
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LadyAnn(f): 6:48am On Nov 02, 2016
henrygale:

Turns men like me off too when dealing with a female. Sometimes, I try correcting a few and some of them turns it into an ugly scene,while d wise ones takes to the corrections and learns.
So,as it is for ladies, so it is also for men.

Yes. I can see why it's a complete turn-off for both men and women. Before meeting in-person and winning someone over with your personality and/or convince them that you look like the pictures you’ve submitted to the person, your words are what you bring to show and tell. When people meet, they take stock of what the other person wears, and how it’s worn. Whether it’s dirty, wrinkle, old and faded or new and off the runaway, what others wear helps in our assumption of who we think they are. The same goes for words. A note filled with errors may suggest you are careless, uneducated, rushed or at the very least, simply don’t give a damn. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LadyAnn(f): 6:50am On Nov 02, 2016
henrygale:

True!.....for the ladies tho.

For both. grin cheesy
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by henrygale(m): 7:57am On Nov 02, 2016
LadyAnn:

Yes. I can see why it's a complete turn-off for both men and women. Before meeting in-person and winning someone over with your personality and/or convince them that you look like the pictures you’ve submitted to the person, your words are what you bring to show and tell. When people meet, they take stock of what the other person wears, and how it’s worn. Whether it’s dirty, wrinkle, old and faded or new and off the runaway, what others wear helps in our assumption of who we think they are. The same goes for words. A note filled with errors may suggest you are careless, uneducated, rushed or at the very least, simply don’t give a damn. smiley
True.
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Warhawk(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2016
emotions1:
embarassed Baba what are u saying. Who big grammar epp...
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2016
It's not necessarily about big grammar, but proper tenses, and proper punctuation marks. Most of all, I hate abbreviations, they make you look lazy. I can understand abbreviating words in text messages, and Twitter, but WhatsApp, Facebook, etc, come on! You're not being charged per word, are you?

Starting a conversation with "Sup", or "Xup", or "PING!!!" is a major turn off, and makes the guy come across as childish. Don't expect the conversation to go smoothly from there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 02, 2016
LadyMercedes:
It's not necessarily about big grammar, but proper tenses, and proper punctuation marks. Most of all, I hate abbreviations, they make you look lazy. I can understand abbreviating words in text messages, and Twitter, but WhatsApp, Facebook, etc, come on! You're not being charged per word, are you?

Starting a conversation with "Sup", or "Xup", or "PING!!!" is a major turn off, and makes the guy come across as childish. Don't expect the conversation to go smoothly from there.
clap for yourself ma'am.

So how do we start a conversation ma?

3 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
clap for yourself ma'am.

So how do we start a conversation ma?

Lol. If, at this stage, you don't know how to start a simple conversation, then I'm sorry for you o. I can't help you. grin

2 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Mikadocal: 9:31am On Nov 02, 2016
LadyAnn:
Funny though, but it's true. cos in my case, when a lady says to me "what i do?" lol..... i go just tear race
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 02, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Lol. If, at this stage, you don't know how to start a simple conversation, then I'm sorry for you o. I can't help you. grin

This is my problem with most of you, simple questions, you turn upside down.

What has stage got to do with my question? Stage kor, alter ni

2 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 02, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
This is my problem with most of you, simple questions, you turn upside down.

What has stage got to do with my question? Stage kor, alter ni

We're sorry.

2 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 02, 2016
LadyMercedes:

We're sorry.
undecided undecided undecided This one is not serious

2 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Kelly2713(m): 10:14am On Nov 02, 2016
who texting epp

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

Definitely a big turn on for me.

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 02, 2016
emotions1:
embarassed
Baba what are u saying.
Who big grammar epp...
Good grammar 'epp' enlightened people. Abeg. Not necessarily big.
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by UndisputedBosom(m): 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
beamie:

Definitely a big turn on for me.

Oh really, can we check it out? wink
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LorDBolton(m): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
U wanna strike a good convo when texting?

---have a good profile pic(not compulsory u stand next to a strangers g-wagon, just look cool/sophisticated in your own way...even if you're in a Bus) it's normal for guys/girls (even on NL to 1st check dp b4 quoting peeps)

-- don't start off with interrogation lols simple "hello"
Babe: hi

Dude: how u doin
Babe: fine (the better babes will add "and u?"wink

Dude: yea you look fine, cute pic
Where's (e.g mz ladymercedes) chatting from?

Babe: if she wants to be annoying (from my father's house)
If she's still warming up (PH and u?)

Guy: your dad's house might be close to my fathers house tho...here @ maryland,lagos and yours? grin / Hmmm the garden city, no wonder!

Babe: lols nah, ph / no wonder what?

Guy: your outfit, PH ladies are fashionistas... & the way u mixed (colours? Fabric? it @ dp) I shoulda guessed (uniben boys knw hw to use this scope shaaaa)

Babe: hmmmm really? Thnks

Guy: yea really, don't ask how I know & don't thank me, thank GOD wink

Anyway that's basically how to chat up ladies b4 talking about each others day or whatever)

NOTE: guys no dey give urself high BP onto chat. *That babe prolly has a bf?
*Hordes of admirers?
*Is a runz girl thus just there waiting for u to type "let's hang out"?
*you don't know her mood @ that moment etc

I've noticed confidence gets u the babe not spelling or punctuations... if u text her & she doesn't reply...be a man & space her she'll reply...eventually (at that time you can decide to ignore the text or Continue chatting)

...& 4 the love of christ follow her lead (reply intervals) confidence! Why reply immediately when she takes 5mins to reply u? Are you desperate? Oga instead browse NL if u got itchy fingaz

5 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by bitchcrafts: 3:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
What about him posing in a Ferrari and flaunting hard curren$y on his dp? That's gonna turn u off him for his bad English right? grin Feck gud ingrish u want money!

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by QuietHammer(m): 3:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
She can go to hell
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by akintho(m): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2016
LadyMercedes:

simple question you couldn't answer, just to give an example of how to start a convo...
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LadyAnn(f): 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2016
LadyMercedes:

Preach Sister..... I thought I was the only one left on planet earth that felt the same way. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
UndisputedBosom:

Oh really, can we check it out? wink

How do you want to go about that? *anticipating*
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LadyAnn(f): 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2016
bitchcrafts:
What about him posing in a Ferrari and flaunting hard curren$y on his dp? That's gonna turn u off him for his bad English right? grin Feck gud ingrish u want money!

You can't buy class honey. Actually, flaunting his money would turn me right off. I speak sincerely. Ain't nothing worse that flaunting riches...

3 Likes

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Trust me, he will be propelled to learn good English by force, especially when he is driving around in a ferrari.

1 Like

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by UndisputedBosom(m): 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2016
beamie:

How do you want to go about that? *anticipating*

Lol......a click to DM won't be a bad idea...wink
Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LadyAnn(f): 5:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
beamie:

Trust me, he will be propelled to learn good English by force, especially when he is driving around in a ferrari.

grin grin cheesy

Re: Texting Habits That Turn Women Off. by LadyAnn(f): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
LorDBolton:
U wanna strike a good convo when texting?

---have a good profile pic(not compulsory u stand next to a strangers g-wagon, just look cool/sophisticated in your own way...even if you're in a Bus) it's normal for guys/girls (even on NL to 1st check dp b4 quoting peeps)

-- don't start off with interrogation lols simple "hello"
Babe: hi

Dude: how u doin
Babe: fine (the better babes will add "and u?"wink

Dude: yea you look fine, cute pic
Where's (e.g mz ladymercedes) chatting from?

Babe: if she wants to be annoying (from my father's house)
If she's still warming up (PH and u?)

Guy: your dad's house might be close to my fathers house tho...here @ maryland,lagos and yours? grin / Hmmm the garden city, no wonder!

Babe: lols nah, ph / no wonder what?

Guy: your outfit, PH ladies are fashionistas... & the way u mixed (colours? Fabric? it @ dp) I shoulda guessed (uniben boys knw hw to use this scope shaaaa)

Babe: hmmmm really? Thnks

Guy: yea really, don't ask how I know & don't thank me, thank GOD wink

Anyway that's basically how to chat up ladies b4 talking about each others day or whatever)

NOTE: guys no dey give urself high BP onto chat. *That babe prolly has a bf?
*Hordes of admirers?
*Is a runz girl thus just there waiting for u to type "let's hang out"?
*you don't know her mood @ that moment etc

I've noticed confidence gets u the babe not spelling or punctuations... if u text her & she doesn't reply...be a man & space her she'll reply...eventually (at that time you can decide to ignore the text or Continue chatting)

...& 4 the love of christ follow her lead (reply intervals) confidence! Why reply immediately when she takes 5mins to reply u? Are you desperate? Oga instead browse NL if u got itchy fingaz

You nailed it. However good grammar gives men the extra edge... Trust me on that. Women aren't really that attracted to looks per se. Being smart is the new sexy haven't you heard? grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can't Control My Sex Urge HELP / My Wife Complains That My Maid Only Ties Wrapper / What Tribe Is Best When It Comes To Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.