Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World (24406 Views)

What Do You Think Of Female Engineers? / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In Nigeria / The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Jamesmatic(m): 7:03am On Nov 13, 2016
Pidgin2:

Stop patronizing them, you have no right to post that girl's picture she may not even be one and you are tarnishing her image
Well I don't patronize them.. They do d opposite..
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by austinbrown: 7:06am On Nov 13, 2016
smithereen:

Gbam! Word for word correct.
bros babes Don give me Bill taya, the worst is some of them never even come to Ur house come knw where u dey stay or cook for u. Na me fit them I go tell the person say half kobo u no go see
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Capableben(m): 7:07am On Nov 13, 2016
VickyRotex:
Yes! Time to encourage more women to take up challenges in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
Proud to be one! kiss kiss

Watch that Space, I'm coming like Grace Hopper! cool kiss

To encourage:

Someone made a 30 seconds video of what Female STEM conference meant to her, and this earned her an invite to the HQ of one of these famous IT companies recently and other good stuffs.

Now, the company is requesting she posts that video on a Youtube channel so they can use her as a model to encourage young ladies afraid of taking up challenges in STEM. smiley

Pursue your passion!
You doing Engineering?
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by VickyRotex(f): 7:08am On Nov 13, 2016
Capableben:
You doing Engineering?

Yes!
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 13, 2016
Pidgin2:
Meanwhile, most Nigerians destroy their female kids self-esteem as soon as she is born, no wonder we don't have any Nigerian female on this list

That is a little bit incorrect dear...Go back and look closely. #GIYF
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by davidif: 7:18am On Nov 13, 2016
I want to commend the OP for the post. Great post indeed.
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Capableben(m): 7:23am On Nov 13, 2016
VickyRotex:

Yes!
Thats great ma.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by VickyRotex(f): 7:26am On Nov 13, 2016
Capableben:
Thats great ma.

Thank You Sir.
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by LordIsaac(m): 7:35am On Nov 13, 2016
In Nigeria, female mediocrity is not only encouraged but rewarded by the male folks and the society at large. All they care about is being "ugly"...I see no reason why our daughters are turning into paintings in the name of fashion and paying heavily for it. That time should be invested solving algebra!

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by duni04(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2016
Please the only person worthy of being called an engineer is the spacex lady, she's the only one doing real "engineering" the others are just board room sissies that sit in airconditioned offices with their pencil skirts and hand sanitizers. I find it insulting that the OP is even calling them engineers.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Adiwana: 7:43am On Nov 13, 2016
What type of rubbish is this? Do you k now who an Engineer Is? Op,Google that and come edit this rubbish you posted?

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by millhouse: 7:45am On Nov 13, 2016
yea spot on ..at least these are not the likes of sydne capri , afrocandy and co
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Oahray: 7:52am On Nov 13, 2016
duni04:
Please the only person worthy of being called an engineer is the spacex lady, she's the only one doing real "engineering" the others are just board room sissies that sit in airconditioned offices with their pencil skirts and hand sanitizers. I find it insulting that the OP is even calling them engineers.
seriously? Even the one who is into artificial intelligence? You seriously dunno what you are saying. You don't need to build and launch rockets to be an engineer. Infact, you don't need to specialize in hardware design. There are software engineers, and that's what the majority on the list are. Look it up.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by chomytex(f): 8:04am On Nov 13, 2016
Inspiring. Nigerians encourage mediocrity The earlier they stopped this, the better for us.
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by KillerBeauty(f): 8:05am On Nov 13, 2016
duni04:

So in your mind engineering only means making rockets and building machines.
Plaase I beg of you do your research first before typing.
Thank u

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by NCP: 8:10am On Nov 13, 2016
My luvly ladies need this type of inspiring stories for tomorrow.
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by ibietela2(m): 8:17am On Nov 13, 2016
Dcaliphate:
My sisters, look at the role models to pick from,... leave Nikky Minaj and Miley Cyrus them angry

You know everyone can be the same thing?
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Atoos(m): 8:20am On Nov 13, 2016
duni04:
Illiterate....so a software engineer is not a 'real engineer ' abi....

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Nifemi4Jesus(f): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2016
wow!!! ...this is awesome... really motivated..I kno I'm also going places
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Mileslamar1(m): 8:31am On Nov 13, 2016
Nice
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by wtfCode: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2016
I'm not disappointed anyway, cuz our gals will always flop on things like this undecided
Fish fish brain everywhere undecided mmhm
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by initialize(m): 8:34am On Nov 13, 2016
Not all on the list are engineers

Some are business consultant and administrator.

The topic should be Top women in IT.

2 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Olanna45(f): 8:44am On Nov 13, 2016
Whats the fuss about Nigerian girls been runs girls and prostitutes, Does it mean that America is free of call girls and prostitutes?
Last time i checked there are Nigerian women who have achieved a great feat in engineering and other STEM courses.
Yewande Akinola is one of them.

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:06am On Nov 13, 2016
duni04:
they are software engineers....engineering doesn't have to be about physics and chemistry

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Seuncoded(f): 9:15am On Nov 13, 2016
4. Zuhairah Washington

Title: General manager
Company: [url=uber.com]Uber[/url]

Zuhairah Washington is of the most inspirational female engineers in the World, currently she is the general manager for Uber’s D.C. Metro business, which includes Washington, D.C., Maryland and Northern Virginia.

In this capacity, Washington led the regional launches of, uberX uberPOOL, uberWAV and uberFAMILY.

Her LinkedIn profile.

3) Sheryl Sandberg.

Title: Chief Operating Officer.
Company: Facebook.

Sheryl is the COO of Facebook and also the founder of
Leanin.org (also known as the Lean In Foundation). In June 2012, she was elected to the board of directors, which made her the first woman to serve on the board of directors of the organization.

Before making her name at Google, where she joined as the Vice President of Global Online Sales and Operations, she worked at McKinsey & Company, as the Management Consultant. After 7 years at Google she quitted and was latter recruited by Facebook to oversee their Business Operations.

In 2012, she was named in the Time 100, an annual list of the 100 most influential people in the world according to
Time magazine. As of June 2015, Sandberg is reported to be worth over US$1 billion, due to her stock holdings in Facebook and other companies.

Her LinkedIn profile.

2)Mauri Whalen.

Title: Vice president of the software and services group at Intel.
Company: Intel.

Whalen is another engineer in our list of inspiring female engineers in the world. She is Intel vice president and a software engineering director in the Open Source Technology Center (OTC), a team she helped found.

She is a big contributor to a lot of major Open Source Project the largest been the company’s contribution to Linux. Whalen is a big name in Intel due to her commitment to the company. She has been with Intel for 18years beginning her career as a quality assurance software engineer.

The company has twice honored her with its Intel Achievement Award, most recently in 2014 for leadership of a product called the Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (HAXM), which makes Android apps run faster on Intel devices.

Her LinkedIn profile.

1) Gwynne Shotwell.

Title: President & Chief Operating Officer of Space Explorations Technology Corporation (SpaceX).
Company: SpaceX.

Shotwell is a very interesting engineer and is arguably the best of all female engineers in the world. She is responsible for the running of one of the world’s most innovative company called SpaceX.

What does SpaceX do? They design, manufacture and launch rockets to space in a bid to conquer and “enable people to live on other planets,” it says. NASA recently awarded the company a $1.6 billion contract so as to carry supplies to the International Space Station.

Her journey in SpaceX started in 2002, the same year the project was funded. At the time she was vice president of business development and helped the company build the Falcon family of rockets, leading them to over 40 launches, and $3 billion in revenue.

Shotwell has master’s degrees from Northwestern University in mechanical engineering and applied mathematics and has penned dozens of papers on spacecraft design and engineering.

Her LinkedIn profile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source:
http://smartgeek.com.ng/2016/11/01/inspirational-female-engineers-world/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

check my signature

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2016
I wonder how the world will be without engineers. #respect

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by DebbieSean(f): 10:10am On Nov 13, 2016
I just love to see women doing exploits. It gives me great joy and also this drive I can't explain. I'm so inspired.
In few years time, I'd be one of these greatest of .....lists soon cool
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Jarexxx(m): 10:42am On Nov 13, 2016
Susan Wojcicki graduated from Harvard University with an honours in Literature and History.
Course of study doesn't matter afterall

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 13, 2016
Dcaliphate:
My sisters, look at the role models to pick from,... leave Nikky Minaj and Miley Cyrus them angry
GBAM!
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by CSTR13: 12:26pm On Nov 13, 2016
There is only one engineer on that list and that is the lady at number one.
The rest are IT experts.
A true list for engineering would be certainly more intimidating.
Re: The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World by PlayerMeji: 2:49pm On Nov 13, 2016
At last, we have begun to grow up.

if post like this can keep finding their way to the front page, wat better motivation for people, male and female alike.

than for posts on 'the most beautiful bosom' the most beautiful cat etc hitting the fp time after time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! / Why You Should Join The Nigeria Police Today! / Kogi: Screening Committee Discovers Level 13 Medical Officer With School Cert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.