Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today (17748 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu / Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu's 84th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Odumegwu Ojukwu And Yakubu Gowon Smile Together In 2010 Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nnysher: 10:18am On Nov 03, 2016
The icon, general and freedom fighter was born on the 4th of November, 1933 in the northern Nigerian town of Zungeru to Sir Louis Odumegwu Ojukwu, an Nnewi businessman and one-time richest man in West Africa. He joined the Nigerian army in 1957, rising to become its first indigenous Quartermaster. Following the January 1966 coup that toppled Nigeria's maiden independent civilian government, Colonel Ojukwu became the military governor of the old Eastern Region.

Following the failure of the Aburi accord in Ghana and the ceaseless pogroms of ethnic Easterners in some parts of Northern Nigeria, Ojukwu, in accordance with the demands of the elders of the Eastern Region, declared the Republic of Biafra and became its first leader. Overlapping the territory of the Eastern Region, the Republic was reabsorbed by Nigeria following a bitter civil war.

Ojukwu passed away in the United Kingdom on the 26th of November, 2011. He was accorded one of the most elaborate burial ceremonies in the history of Africa by the Nigerian army, his Igbo people and the President Goodluck Jonathan-led Federal Government. He is widely considered a legend, icon and freedom fighter, especially by his native Igbo people who see him in the same light as the Americans see George Washington, the Britons see Winston Churchill, the Indians see Mahatma Mohandas Gandhi and the Chinese see Mao Zedong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Odumegwu_Ojukwu

20 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nnysher: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2016

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Siberia101: 10:27am On Nov 03, 2016
Happy Birthday Ikemba Of Nnewi cool

A Great Leader cool

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by mazifrankmore: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2016
Happy birthday Ikemba!

29 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by sekundosekundo: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2016
Siberia101:
Happy Birthday Ikemba Of Nnewi cool

A Great Leader cool

30 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by SlayerSupreme: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2016
Happy Birthday to Ikemba! In your feats we boasted and yet in your shortcomings,we followed. Long live our Nation. You are not forgotten.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by omenka(m): 10:29am On Nov 03, 2016
I reserve my comment. Make children no begin cry for my ears again. cheesy

Lol. Even without saying they are still weeplng. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 03, 2016
Ojukwu 1967

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by ChetaNwaeze: 11:05am On Nov 03, 2016
Ojukwu could not equip his army properly, he could not feed his civilians adequately yet he was boasting before the commencement of hostilities that he had the largest army in black Africa and that the other side(Nigeria) would be shocked as to what they would get from him.

Ojukwu, the initiator of the Biafra civil war, who once boasted that he would fight till the last drop of his blood, eventually ran away to Abidjan after commandeering a plane that was meant to airlift sick Biafran children.

Alhaji Shehu Shagari later granted Ojukwu amnesty in 1982. In 1983, Ojukwu contested in the Senatorial election, he also contested in the 2003 and 2007 Presidential elections and lost woefully on all occasions. It is highly prepostrous that a man who fought against Nigeria later came back to Nigeria and participated at various elections in the same country he fought against

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Udmaster(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2016
omenka:
guy be matured pls. Whatsup with these childish behaviours?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by emmalexabl(m): 11:07am On Nov 03, 2016
omenka:

This guy sef., are you this jobless??

Happy Birthday to great Ikemba nnewi and the ezeigbo gburu gburu of igboland!!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by OJUcrook: 11:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Ok

11 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2016
Clinton9000:

Ojukwu 1967

he died a coward wrapped in the nigerian flag he fought against. i just pity nnamdi wasting his life at kuje for nothing. one nigeria dole

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

[s]

he died a coward wrapped in the nigerian flag he fought against. i just pity nnamdi wasting his life at kuje for nothing. one nigeria dole[/s]

Afonja...

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AustineE1: 12:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
Odogwu bu Odogwu,Dike Eji ejemba,Ochi aya ndigbo,igwe gburugburu ndigbo!
An avatar that comes once in a life time,a man of the people,an icon of freedom,an embodiment of knowlege,a man friday,
I salute you...the struggle continua,victoria acerta!!!
Happy birthday dikeora!!!

45 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AustineE1: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

he died a coward wrapped in the nigerian flag he fought against. i just pity nnamdi wasting his life at kuje for nothing. one nigeria dole
atleast he didnt drink poison like Awolowo who served nigeria with all his heart,a*ss licked his Fulani overlords and was made useless or Gen.Adekunle who fought for his fulani masters and yet died in acute poverty and confessed he wld never had fought on the side of Nigeria,if he knew the truth.
For Ojukwu,he has written his name in gold and will forever be remembered.For us whom he left behind, the struggle continues,till victory is certain.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nnysher: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

What has one Nigeria done for you?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Jakpon: 12:20pm On Nov 03, 2016
Lalasticlala please come and help us put this to the FP. Let us celebrate the memory of Ikemba Nnewi

4 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Newsi: 12:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
Lalasticlala, OAM4J, Mynd44 this deserves the front page. What are you guys still waiting for?

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 12:29pm On Nov 03, 2016
Still better than ojuku who died lame, lonely deaf, dumb and blind on the hospital bed in london while his harlot of a wife, bianca was busy sucking FFK's prick here in Nigeria
AustineE1:

atleast he didnt drink poison like Awolowo who served nigeria with all his heart,a*ss licked his Fulani overlords and was made useless or Gen.Adekunle who fought for his fulani masters and yet died in acute poverty and confessed he wld never had fought on the side of Nigeria,if knew the truth.
For Ojukwu,he has written his name in gold and will forever be remembered.For us whom he left behind, the struggle continues,till victory is certain.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by gidgiddy: 12:53pm On Nov 03, 2016
It should be noted that Ojukwu did not fight to become a Nigerian hero. He fought to be the hero of the Igbos and the minorities that once made up the Eastern Region. The hero of a persecuted people.

So Westerners and Northerners who insult the memory of Ojukwu do so out of ignorance or stupidity.

I will wish the great Ikemba well tomorow since today is the 3rd.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by unclejb2(m): 1:07pm On Nov 03, 2016
This is one of the greatest men to ever live in Nigeria. A man who sacrificed all he had in his quest to save his people from being killed into extinction. Happy birthday Ikemba Nnewi

26 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Kanyekels(m): 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
To die is to live. Happy birthday Ikemba.

5 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by AustineE1: 2:12pm On Nov 03, 2016
Agu,odogwu,mgba dike,nwoke oma,anya ndigbo......a man of intergrity,the fighters fighter,the warriors warrior,a man's man,the man who saw tomorrow.
Happy birthday as you rest in the bosom of the almighty.
May God bless the land of the rising sun.

18 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nnysher: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2016
I'm still wondering why the mods have refused to send this thread to the front page. lalasticlala your attention is needed here

1 Like

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by lalasticlala(m): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2016
Jakpon:
Lalasticlala please come and help us put this to the FP. Let us celebrate the memory of Ikemba Nnewi

Today is 3rd and not 4th.

5 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2016
This thread is going to be war grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2016
I still don't understand why this man is being celebrated

After leading your people into a needless war where close to 3million of your people died and then you ran away when the battle got close to you, abandoning your people to their fate, how did these acts become worthy of honour and emulation?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by orimsam: 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ojukwu is a coward. Who ran away after leading millions of his tribal men to death

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu's 83rd Posthumous Birthday Is Today by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 03, 2016
frleopardo:
he is worthy of honour and emulation because you are such an oblong-headed afonjamudeen with amala and ewedu for what should be the brain in your coconut head. Hahahaha Lol.

I don't exchange words online with spoilt brats who have access to their mommy's phone. Now toddle off.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Count Me Out Of Atiku’s Presidential Ambition— Tanko Al-Makura / Dozie Ikedife Is Dead / Emmanuel Bwacha Dumps PDP For APC, Visits Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.