Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

I Will Destroy My Green Card If TRUMP Wins --- Shoyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Destroy My Green Card If TRUMP Wins --- Shoyinka (437 Views)

They Plan To Destroy My Houses - Dino Melaye Says, Dares Yahaya Bello / Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Said He Will Destroy FG, See Reactions / Audu Ogbeh: "Us-Based Nigerians Can Return If Trump Makes Life Difficult" (2) (3) (4)

(1)

I Will Destroy My Green Card If TRUMP Wins --- Shoyinka by Freegift75: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
www.tracknews.com.ng/2016/11/i-ll-destroy-my-green-card-if-trump.html?m=1

» I ‘ll destroy my green card if Trump wins – Soyinka

November 3, 2016

TRACKING>>>Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka says he will cut his green card and leave the United States if Donald Trump wins the presidential election, according to a report by The Guardian.

The report said Soyinka, a scholar-in-residence at New York University’s Institute of American Affairs, disclosed the plan in a speech to Oxford students.

He was quoted as saying, “If in the unlikely event he does win, the first thing he’ll do is to say [that] all green-card holders must reapply to come back into the US. Well, I’m not waiting for that.

“The moment they announce his victory, I will cut my
green card myself and start packing up.”

The Nobel laureate also criticised Brexit, warning that
there is a rise of “ultranationalism” and calling on young people to resist oppression.

His comments come less than three weeks after 70
Nobel laureates backed Democratic Presidential
candidate Hillary Clinton.

On Monday, about 370 economists and eight Nobel
laureates denounced Trump, accusing him of promoting conspiracy theories, among other things.
Regardless, Clinton has seen her lead in poll slip after the FBI announced that it was reopening her email probe.

1 Like

Re: I Will Destroy My Green Card If TRUMP Wins --- Shoyinka by Mynd44: 5:22pm On Nov 03, 2016

1 Like

(1)

INEC Fix Date For Rivers State Re-run Election / PHOTOS: NFF President, Amaju Pinnick Deliver Sermon At Covenant Vintage Church / A Tribute To The Fallen Soilders - Superheroes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.