Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,059 members, 7,956,952 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

The Auction - Literature (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Auction (301860 Views)

The Blue Love Story [episode 2 : AUCTION] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (63) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Auction by emmynku(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2017
Leigh kindly give us a looooooooong update.that will be highly appreciated.
Re: The Auction by harameede99(f): 1:32pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sowie dear hope u fyn naw if i catch dah sickness ehn e no go knw wetin jam am

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
harameede99:
Sowie dear hope u fyn naw if i catch dah sickness ehn e no go knw wetin jam am

You wan jam sickness?

I pity you.... grin

Anyway popcorn is available for refreshment before jaming the sickness
Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
Lleigh:

Hi Adesina12, how are you?

I hope all things are good in the popcorn factory? grin

I am fine thanks

Yeah plenty sweet butter popcorn available
Re: The Auction by harameede99(f): 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
Adesina12:

You wan jam sickness?

I pity you.... grin

Anyway popcorn is available for refreshment before jaming the sickness
lol u no knw say i get jazz plenty for hand ni well u no fit undastand abeg send my popcorn thru konga let it b over filled wit butter tnk u kisses
Re: The Auction by ladyverere(f): 9:58am On Jan 15, 2017
Lleigh, I read U have been unwell. Hope U are OK now? Pls take excellent care of urself.

Now dis Tunde fellow don't even need jazz sef. Poor thing is still so under Linda's spell (it must be a very powerful one). Meanwhile Lleigh, let's read what bad news awaits ol' confused Tunde.

More grace dear.
Re: The Auction by aryan28: 12:14pm On Jan 18, 2017
good cheapest tablets you could find on the market today. Play Store Download March has been a busy month for the designers at Google, nice.
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
Chapter 29

cc swann, Adesina12, Aitee1, soleski01, Lawlahdey, girlhaley, sexybbstar, jagugu88li, ADECULATE, Amenaghwon, okorro1, Simplebea, Nmaglit,
DADDYSLY, osleek, xamster, sirOrubebe, Bobbybube, julietogbo, Zehner, itsandi, ROYH, Osman1966, chii8, tonye72, Winters22, omamush, Twinkle004, Creeza, skarlett, bibijay123, debra101, samyfreshsmooth, mozb, prinxxdave, cutietee, kinah, IamLukas, harameede99, ladySuperb, dominicnuel, sod09, chara019, yorhmienerd, obumsway, teel123, Pureheart91, Mobecs, latbas, DarkRebel101, Babsopey, Angelinastto, skarlett, Chumzypinky, opal4real, Mobecs, latbas, biafraBushBoy, AndyAustin, kingsmith4, ladyverere, KunleAkinola, rachealfst, mrsuccessful, JMK9600, Michelle55, Audrinakane, Smooth278, Ashley87, Sonamjs, nastynic, orluuchi, brighttech95, DavidPaul, Tuhndhay, MozB, Kaycee625, Perfectionist11, otunbaphemie, Missmossy, skillz121, samwise180, Lastking147, richommie, nairaland94, suffy834

Linda walked around her cell, she did not have the heart to call it a room.

Who could call a place where you were forced to stay involuntarily a room?

A room where the toilet and shower co existed in the same place?

She heard activity outside her wall, she stood up and dragged herself as far as the chain would reach to the wall.
She watched as a group of people cleaned up the Orangery in preparation no doubt for the party Charles had said he was having. As much as she tried to move closer to her wall she could not reach the wall.

The aromas of cooked food come through the vents of the room and made her stomach growl.
She realised that she hadn’t eaten a real meal since she had been incarcerated and taken hostage by Charles. He had made he eat some kind of dry food that he had placed in a bowl in her room alongside another bowl filled with water.

He hadn’t forced her to eat the contents of the bowl, the implied message was obvious to her that there was nothing else for her to eat.
It was either that or she starved.

Would he let her die if she refused to eat the crap he left for her?

She cried every time she had to eat the dry food; it was tasteless, he wasn’t even treating her like a prisoner. Prisoners had more rights and freedom than she did and even had better food.
Prisoners in Kirikiri prison did not eat dry food.

Consequently, due to the lack of real food she had lost a lot of weight; she did not have a mirror but she knew she had.

He had also got her doing exercises, he said he needed her fit and strong for the tasks she had ahead of her. She had no idea what he had been talking about, she had always hated exercise.

She had conveniently forgotten to do them a couple of times; the electric shock coming through the ankle brace had convinced her otherwise and she had resumed the exercises again.

The few times he had come into her room she had begged him to let her go, she had even tried to use sex as a tool, offering herself to him.

‘I am not interested in having sex with you Linda, I never have been and I will never be interested in you’ he said looking at her with scorn.

That’s when she realised that all the stuff he had done had been a ruse. He had targeted her for a reason.
What was it?

She looked back at the people setting up the room through the glass and she cast her mind back to the first time she had gone to Dubai with her friend Mabel.

She had been at her flat in Isolo; wondering who to con out of money that weekend when her phone rang, she looked at the caller id it was Mabel, she pressed the green button.

Linda said, ‘Hey Mabel how you dey?’, there was a bit of static and Mabel’s voice came over the phone.

‘I am good o, ore. I wanted to see if you would like to go to Dubai with me in two weeks’ time?’ Mabel asked.

Linda paused.

‘I don’t have that kind of money, Mabel, plus what will be needed for visa, transport etc. I have also heard that it can be very expensive over there’ Linda replied.

She wished she could go, that would be serious bragging rights, but she did not have that kind of money lying around at the moment.

‘Linda, don’t worry I will pay for your ticket, hotel and visa, you can pay me back with the money you make out there’ Mabel said.

Linda asked, ‘Money? Please explain how can I make money out there?’

If Mabel said Linda could make money in Dubai, Linda believed her.

Mabel had more the 3,000 followers on Instagram and she was always travelling to Dubai. Linda had once asked Mabel how come she travelled so much and she had told her that she was an Instagram model.

Linda had spent time on Instagram after that updating her profile, hoping that someone would spot her too and make her a model.

Mabel asked, ‘Can you come? I would like to introduce you to someone’. Breaking into her train of thought.

Now that was the language Linda understood, why had Mabel beat around the bush first.

‘Sure, I can Mabel. But what exactly are we going to do?’ Linda asked, as she walked towards her wardrobe to see if she had suitable clothes to wear out there.

‘As I said Linda, I want to introduce you to someone, he asked me to bring a friend and I thought of you. We will leave on a Thursday morning and come back to Lagos on Monday. So it will be a long weekend in Dubai’ Mabel said.

Mabel continued, ‘I can collect your passport and get your visa processed in a day, so leave all that to me. Speak to you later’

Linda had initially been appalled by the by the set up Mabel exposed her to when they go to Dubai; but eventually she got over her revulsion.

Mabel had been right about the trip though, Linda had been able to repay all the expenses Mabel had incurred on her behalf. After she had deducted all the money she had to return to Mabel, she had in excess $3000 left, that she had used to go shopping in the Dubai malls.

It had been a very lucrative trip money wise, once she got back to Lagos, she had started working on improving her Instagram profile she needed to become an Instagram model too.

She had even been able to go back to Dubai without Mabel, well what was the point of sharing money with her when she could have it all to herself.

She had told Tunde that she was going there on business, looking at things she could buy to sell in Nigeria and he believed her, if only he knew what she had really been up to.

She had already given up on trying to find out how Charles had found out about her trips to Dubai.

She came out of her reverie and shuffled towards her bowls, she picked up the bowl with the dry food. It was a mixture of different kind’s seeds and grains. Whatever the dry food was, once she drank the water it kept her full for most of the day.

She shuffled back to her bed and laid down, her back was hurting from her ordeal in the room; she never wanted to go back in there, as the tears fell silently down cheeks.

She must have dozed off, it was the strong aroma of food and voices that must have pulled her out of her slumber, her wall was up.

Sitting on a table opposite her were four men, three Arabs and the dark skinned Charles.

The Arabs were the men she had meet on her clandestine trips to Dubai, the men she had met behind Mabel’s back.

Sh!t!!

Sh!t!!

Did the men know each other, how had Charles managed to get the three of them together in one room?

The three men staring at her from across the room were the most perverted men she had ever fortunately or unfortunately come across.
But she had never been together with the three of them at the same time in the same room.

It was at that moment that she knew she was fúcked…

‘Our hostess is awake,’ Charles said as he heaped a large serving spoon of jollof rice onto his plate.

The other men were busy eating what looked like pounded yam and egusi, they must have enjoyed it as they kept on topping up the egusi on their plate.

Linda stared at the food on their plates like a child in a sweet shop, her mouth watered her tummy rumbled.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Auction by kinah(f): 10:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
what happened in the other room the other day? pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by bossy512(f): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hmmmm such is life, what goes around, comes around, I pity Linda, she av suffered a lot. weldone man, more ink to ur pen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by emmynku(m): 10:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nice work leigh,been in d background since,i think you have d skill of applying suspence to every damn chapter,infact this story has really kept me spellbound kinda. The only reason it isnt d most viewed of followed story,may just be d speed at which its continued! Keep it coming,writers are born not taught.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
kinah:
what happened in the other room the other day? pls.

Hi kinah grin

Page 25 chapter 26....
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2017
emmynku:
Nice work leigh,been in d background since,i think you have d skill of applying suspence to every damn chapter,infact this story has really kept me spellbound kinda. The only reason it isnt d most viewed of followed story,may just be d speed at which its continued! Keep it coming,writers are born not taught.

Hi emmynku
Thank you for following smiley
I will take what you have said on board.

Will try and improve.

Thank you
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
bossy512:
Hmmmm such is life, what goes around, comes around, I pity Linda, she av suffered a lot. weldone man, more ink to ur pen

Thank you bossy512

Thank you for stopping by and commenting
Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
ladyverere:
Lleigh, I read U have been unwell. Hope U are OK now? Pls take excellent care of urself.

Now dis Tunde fellow don't even need jazz sef. Poor thing is still so under Linda's spell (it must be a very powerful one). Meanwhile Lleigh, let's read what bad news awaits ol' confused Tunde.

More grace dear.

ladyverere thank you for your concern and kind words. I am feeling better now thanks.
Just need to catch up with everything.
Hope you and yours are fine.

Thank you wink.
Re: The Auction by samyfreshsmooth(m): 11:18pm On Jan 18, 2017
*dancing yahooze* eh Lleigh is back and she brought a sizzling hot update with her

dis lady sabi put person 4 intense suspense sha....i have been and am still waiting patiently 4 d time u'll tell us specifically d main reason y charles is making linda eat poo

nice 1 ma'am and hope u're completely okay nw?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by sirOrubebe: 12:02am On Jan 19, 2017
Nice... I have been off track since. Good to be back up to speed.

As always, weldone Lleigh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by MozB: 12:29am On Jan 19, 2017
Lleigh has finally updated o!!! This is the handwork of God!!!. . Nice update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by MozB: 12:31am On Jan 19, 2017
bossy512:
weldone man, more ink to ur pen

lol... Lleigh is female o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by sod09(m): 7:19am On Jan 19, 2017
lleigh just kill linda abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by soleski01(m): 9:15am On Jan 19, 2017
Nice one, as usual, Lleigh.
Another round of breathtaking suspense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 9:25am On Jan 19, 2017
Lleigh dear.....this is for you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by rachealfst(f): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2017
Welcome back Lleigh. Hope you are now better? God is your strength. Take care

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Auction by kinah(f): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lleigh:

Hi kinah grin

Page 25 chapter 26....

I mean when Linda was screaming and begging. u didn't tell us fa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by Lleigh(f): 1:24pm On Jan 19, 2017
kinah:

I mean when Linda was dreaming and begging. u didn't tell us fa

Kinah she wasn't dreaming when she was begging to be let out of the room.
Re: The Auction by nikz(f): 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2017
When I started this story yesterday I was like will it be interesting? At middle I was like wooh this is a nice piece and now m so hooked can't wait to read the end! Ure a great writer and I luv the suspense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by BlissfulJeff(m): 4:12pm On Jan 19, 2017
welcum bck Lleigh,nice story u av got here.weldone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by ladySuperb(f): 4:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
Thanks for the update!!!! Thanks for the mention!!! ......following... jejely sipping my origin combined with guguru!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Auction by samyfreshsmooth(m): 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
mi-lady Lleigh where d next update na.....

*am just an oliver twist*

abeg dis Adesina12 dat hawks pop corn and gulder is she a male??

1 Like

Re: The Auction by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2017
Adesina come quick abeg, its about to happen. Table 3 three at the V.I.P front section needs popcorns and tons of Gin.

Oh, bring girlhaley, sw@nn, lawlesslahdey President Mhiz....and and

Adesina is a

1 Like

Re: The Auction by kinah(f): 4:52pm On Jan 19, 2017
Lleigh:

Kinah she wasn't dreaming when she was begging to be let out of the room.

no vex. Na typo.
Re: The Auction by Adesina12: 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
jagugu88li:
Adesina come quick abeg, its about to happen. Table 3 three at the V.I.P front section needs popcorns and tons of Gin.

Oh, bring girlhaley, sw@nn, lawlesslahdey President Mhiz....and and

Adesina is a

O ya complete your sentence nah

Adesina is a .........poor but humble boy.....happiness donor ...

No dull moment wif ma variety popcorn with Guinness supplied by Lleigh

O ya enjoy...for front section only

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (63) (Reply)

His Neighbor's Wife / *The Players Curse* / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.