Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,713 members, 7,837,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices (16549 Views)

Patience Jonathan Storms Salim And Amina's Wedding / Senate Confirms Ejembi Eko, Amina Augie As Justices Of The Supreme Court / Buhari Nominates Eko, Augie Supreme Court Justices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by yahmohy27: 8:23am On Nov 05, 2016
lyterydim:
what's is their to wail about,we all know incompetence will always produce incompetence,or have you ever seen were a vulture gave birth to a dove?

You guys in the north are ill in thinking.
See who is talking 'yinmu
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by TimeManager(m): 8:25am On Nov 05, 2016
Has anyone ever been banned until 2026?, I can't explain the feeling right now.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by lyterydim(m): 8:25am On Nov 05, 2016
yahmohy27:
See who is talking 'yinmu
Scrotum like you
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by yahmohy27: 8:26am On Nov 05, 2016
Thisis2raw:
I think something has to change about the constitution.

I think the president’s of the federal Republic don't have to appoint justices of the Supreme Court.

This can lead to immerse corruption
That's if the president is a corrupt fellow
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Adiola(f): 8:28am On Nov 05, 2016
This fool always appoint a Mohammed ....check this out he can appoint ten people all abokisss but can never make out three southern appointments without including one mallam gosh what a useless gay the zoo has as a terrorist sorry President eediot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by TimeManager(m): 8:31am On Nov 05, 2016
docadams:

The process for appointment of Justices of SC is not what a sitting president should leave in the hands of just anybody. I hope PMB did not exhibit an indifferent attitude here akin to that during the election of senate principal officers.
PMB has absolutely nothing to do with the selection process, all he had to do was to approve. Besides, the judiciary cannot circumvent the law unlike the Senate counterpart who are rogues.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by TimeManager(m): 8:32am On Nov 05, 2016
Adiola:
This fool always appoint a Mohammed ....check this out he can appoint ten people all abokisss but can never make out three southern appointments without including one mallam gosh what a useless gay the zoo has as a terrorist sorry President eediot
You need forgiveness, Beg the ring!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by caracas: 8:38am On Nov 05, 2016
JingoOAU:

What a pathetic fellow you are....take your time to read the post again...NJC recommended the two judges to Buhari and not that Buhari appointed them
Of course hé wont hesitate to appoint them cos they are notherners.
Am sure hé wud have sent dss n efcc after them If they were from the south .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2016
Thisis2raw:
I think something has to change about the constitution.

I think the president’s of the federal Republic don't have to appoint justices of the Supreme Court.

This can lead to immerse corruption
#recommendation abi nah Senate go appoint judge again
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Emassive(m): 9:19am On Nov 05, 2016
Change
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 05, 2016
Its 1-1-0-0-0-0
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by 2n2k(m): 9:26am On Nov 05, 2016
@OP, what is this senseless news you copied about? These two people were nominated since July 21 and their nominations sent to Senate for approval. On October 18, Senate voted for their confirmation. Why is it being reported as if they are newly appointed? The only news here is that the CJN will swear them in on Monday. See the previous threads on this

https://www.nairaland.com/3241122/buhari-nominates-eko-augie-supreme

https://www.nairaland.com/3414911/senate-confirms-ejembi-eko-amina
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by AlanSugar(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2016
JingoOAU:

What a pathetic fellow you are....take your time to read the post again...NJC recommended the two judges to Buhari and not that Buhari appointed them

Sometimes we need to actually blame the mods who think their only approved responsibility is to ban members. If the proper heading or caption had been used as moderated, a lot of comments would have been precise. Most members are primarily on a race to front page, their hatred for buhari and the government is only secondary!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by AlanSugar(m): 9:55am On Nov 05, 2016
2n2k:
@OP, what is this senseless news you copied about? These two people were nominated since July 21 and their nominations sent to Senate for approval. On October 18, Senate voted for their confirmation. Why is it being reported as if they are newly appointed? The only news here is that the CJN will swear them in on Monday. See the previous threads on this

https://www.nairaland.com/3241122/buhari-nominates-eko-augie-supreme

https://www.nairaland.com/3414911/senate-confirms-ejembi-eko-amina

Sometimes we need to actually blame the mods who think their only approved responsibility is to ban members. If the proper heading or caption had been used as moderated, a lot of comments would have been precise. Most members are primarily on a race to front page, their hatred for buhari and the government is only secondary!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by APCmyheart(m): 10:10am On Nov 05, 2016
Famouson:
AN HAUSA AGAIN OOOOOOO.. GOD IS WATCHING YOU

So how is Ejembi Eko and Amina Augie make them Hausa?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by cejaypriesty(m): 10:15am On Nov 05, 2016
JingoOAU:

Recommend so what?.. As long as they did not put a gun on his head and coerced him to appoint them. It is still what it is
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by caesaraba(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2016
lyterydim:
Another Mohammeds cry
God why?

You spend your time online blabbing about people who are getting promoted after decades of diligent work and come and ask God why?
Fact of the matter is, if you stay here asking that while others are building themselves up offline, you are going to probably keep asking "God why?" and ultimately die broke and a failure. Get your head out of your ass, there's no group/gang thing going on out there.
Out there in the real world, there are Hausa men doing business with Igbos, Igbos doing business with Yorubas, Yorubas doing same with Ijaws, and on and on and on. All this is taking place while most of you good-for-nothing Nairalnders gather here deluding yourselves into thinking that if you scream hard enough, whatever group you belong to will emerge triumphant and everything will fall inline for you.
You who? Who knows you? A non-entity actively missing in circles where others are busy building themselves up?
It's an individual thing. Even the owner of this forum is making a living by creating an enabling environment where you sons of dogs can gather and haul insults at yourselves all day. ...and I bet he doesn't care if you are Efik, Berom or Jukun.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by BossMarvel: 10:20am On Nov 05, 2016
Famouson:
AN HAUSA AGAIN OOOOOOO.. GOD IS WATCHING YOU

Which of the two justices are Hausa? Those names don't sound Hausa but you can prove me wrong by stating were they come from.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by BossMarvel: 10:24am On Nov 05, 2016
APCmyheart:

So how is Ejembi Eko and Amina Augie make them Hausa?

No mind the person. Them go just wan make comment by force and at the end they will just spill out rubbish and expose their illiteracy in public. Am sure the person did not read the post well or maybe the person lacks proper understanding of what they read.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by docadams: 10:25am On Nov 05, 2016
TimeManager:
PMB has absolutely nothing to do with the selection process, all he had to do was to approve. Besides, the judiciary cannot circumvent the law unlike the Senate counterpart who are rogues.
Kiss the truth!

For any appointment made there is always a lobbying stage. I am not familiar with the mode of selection of candidates for consideration by the NJC. It will be foolhardy for an executive president not to have interest in whom he appoints as justice of the SC. You don't expect a justice with soft spot for PDP to be appointed by PMB.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by TimeManager(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2016
docadams:

For any appointment made there is always a lobbying stage. I am not familiar with the mode of selection of candidates for consideration by the NJC. It will be foolhardy for an executive president not to have interest in whom he appoints as justice of the SC. You don't expect a justice with soft spot for PDP to be appointed by PMB.
I can understand your sentiments. however, we need to respect the independence of the judiciary. You don't want to give Wailers any more chance to call him a dictator.
Kiss the truth!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Frank3n2(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2016
JingoOAU:

I don't care... unpathetic fellow..
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 05, 2016
YNWA1:
Another bone for e-dogs to fight for

stop making intelligently wicked comments please.

You mean bingos and rogers?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by kcnwaigbo: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2016
docadams:

The process for appointment of Justices of SC is not what a sitting president should leave in the hands of just anybody. I hope PMB did not exhibit an indifferent attitude here akin to that during the election of senate principal officers.
the president does not chose supreme court judges.It is only the names forwarded by the NJC that he will send to the senate.His only job here is to send the names forwarded by the NJC to the senate
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Kiakia(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
Good development. Hopefully, they will resist the pressure of politicians whose stock in trade is seek avenues to tar the judiciary with the brush of corruption.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by hkd11: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
Mr man dont quote your law wey u dey use control your other room for your house . Go school or ask . Njc will recommend to the president first . U think say na to just put your wife there . i see no progress in dis country even if jesus is our president u go say na bad man he know where him go dey deliver or do his ... so mr man u have the right to alk any bullshit but that doesnt mean people will abide with your own view .
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Thisis2raw(m): 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
MICHEALADEX:
#recommendation abi nah Senate go appoint judge again
I think the judicial system needs to be autonomous
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by TheAdvocate(m): 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
lyterydim:
what's is their to wail about,we all know incompetence will always produce incompetence,or have you ever seen were a vulture gave birth to a dove?

You guys in the north are ill in thinking.

Ur argument became flawed when yu generalised and abused the entire north where I came from. I will not forgive yu for this.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by jaggabban: 8:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
TimeManager:
Before wailers start wailing, read this; The NJC had earlier recommended the two candidates to Buhari.
Kiss the truth!
I don't know why good people of Nigeria always disturb themselves when Biafrauds make comments, they are frustrated and which will be for 8yrs. Oh sorry 16yrs frustration cos after Buhari's 8yrs, a Yoruba will also rule for 8year.
If Buhari makes Nigeria another London, they will still cry of frustration.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Kirli: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
Justice Amina Augie, formerly Miss Anne Graham from Rivers State who went to Sokoto state to serve her youth service in the 70s. Met and married a broadcaster and later a Senator representing Kebbi state, late Senator Adamu Augie. Be guided please.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:00am On Nov 06, 2016
Thisis2raw:
I think the judicial system needs to be autonomous

How else do you mean autonomous, the nominated he approves. Mind you, they still have to investigate them on all grounds and whose job will that be? # the executive

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ejembi Eko And Amina Augie As Supreme Court justices by Thisis2raw(m): 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2016
MICHEALADEX:

How else do you mean autonomous, the nominated he approves. Mind you, they still have to investigate them on all grounds and whose job will that be? # the executive
what I meant is the nomination should have nothing to do with the president

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Emirates Controversy: Muktar Adnan, 4 Other District Heads Dismissed / PDP Asks Kwara Chapter To Disclaim Statement On Saraki’s Wife / Buhari Issues Deadline For Compliance With Treasury Single Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.