Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate (46974 Views)

Mohammed Babangida Drags Rahma To Sharia Court / Sharia Bill: Speaker Dogara Reacts / Dogara Pushed Sharia Bill Through Second Reading Quietly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Presidiotbuhari: 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
How market my gullible afonjas?
By the the way where's that pastor bosun revelation video?

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 05, 2016
Finally he acknowledged the bill is sponsored privately and has secretly passed 2nd reading.
Anyone who thinks Buhari will not sign this bill into law and use his northern headed security agencies to enforce it, is lying or being very delusional.

Hisbah police will be all over Nigeria....

Before u say anything against this, Buhari himself supports implementation of Sharia law all over the zoo.

This will make Nigeria officially an Islamic country.

Many people are only interested in cursing and mocking Nnamdi Kanu who told them the plain truth.

Welcome to Islamic Republic of Nigeria.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Generalyemi(m): 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
go n study your Bible.. Judas Iscariot was afonja

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Burgerlomo: 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2016
Naija don enter one chance

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by chemicalDisease: 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2016
A mere commissioner ,
his opinion doesn't count.

5 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by nnemmpi(m): 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
imr vp

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by avaa(m): 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2016
I always say it, the only way forward is to split the damn country. With all the problems the nation is facing, sharia law is the problem of some. Isn't it obvious that we don't all share the same aspirations?

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by lereinter(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
pastor in politics
is like virgin in maternity ward
he is even a cofessor

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by lereinter(m): 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
pastor in politics
is like virgin in maternity ward
he is even a cofessor

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by AreaFada2: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2016
PatrickAnyanwu:
This man does not understand the people he's dealing with. An illitrate imam will enforce the law, telling you, it's their god's law and it's above human law. The earlier they put a stop to this sharia stuff the better for us all.

The way Southerners do not understand the mindset & agenda of the North shows that education is not wisdom.

We are here pretending as if the average Northerner respects our constitution more than a toilet paper.

Where in our constitution is beheading a woman for preaching written? Where is death penalty for blasphemy written? shocked shocked

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by FunkyMetahuman: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Why would there be a sharia bill to begin with?

What kind of nonsense is this?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by AkupeMBANO(m): 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
osibanjo is a go.at...hoha
Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by AfroKnight: 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
EternalTruths:
An Afonja betraying Christ. angry
undecided undecided

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
Trust me this bill will be signed into law

And so it begins...

I just checked to make sure my passport is still in my bedside drawer. Nigeria is going to towards only one place and the people are sitting and watching it .
Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by phemmyutd(m): 4:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
EternalTruths:
An Afonja betraying Christ. angry

You need to rethink before posting
1. Is the federal government the one sponsoring the bill?
2. Is VP in the NASS to sponsor or oppose Sharia bill?
3. We have several Christians in the National Assembly both in PDP and APC what are they looking and what are their function to oppose the bill?
4. Senate President VP is a Christian from SE, Speaker of the House of Assembly is a Christian from the north, why can't they oppose the bill?
5. Are you expecting VP to go to national assembly to oppose a bill?
6. I am waiting for what Twitter senator will twitte at the end of the day

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2016
He explained that any bill that the Federal Government wants to sponsor will go to the Senate through the Attorney General and Minister of Justice of the Federation and since the Sharia Bill is a private bill it cannot necessarily be enforced on all Nigerians.

What kind of response is this?

Federal Government is a make up of Executive, Legislative and Judicative. If Legislative sponsors the bill and passes it, which is likely considering the 2/3rd clause, then if its signed by the Executive it will become law.

If the Executive vetoes it from coming to law it is still a victory for the Legislature and becomes a negotiating instrument that can be sneaked into budget for the Executive's assent.

This is dangerous. If they make it a national law they will say its for muslims only. They can mandate it on all states, including SE states where muslim non-indigenes live.

There is nothing in constitution that regulates alcohol and liquor cconsumpton, or dress mode, but Sharia does. Therefore the consumption or sale of alcohol in states where Sharia is in effect may be at risk of shutting down. You will need an enforcement agency to make it work. Therefore a national Hisbah Force!

They have a model to use to justify their strategy. In Kano, a state under Hisbah, non-muslims live side by side with their muslim counterparts and do not suffer any discrimination. If Ibos can live in Kano and thrive there is no reason they cannot thrive if Hisbah is in Enugu.

The simple solution to this is to SHUT DOWN the reading in Senate and KILL it from passing.

I wish to state that....
[size=20pt]There are many loopholes in our Constitution and Federation that a simple majority can exploit to enforce their conscience as the moral compass for the remaining 1/3 rd.

They have not been as ambitious exercising intrigues accessible in the gaping imbalance as I expect. If the political topography continues as is and with more awareness and incremental successes going to the 2/3 rd, they may in future invalidate all national institutions that are out of synch with their conscience and ambitions and institute a new and single order for the whole nation, and it will be modelled after the Northern customs.[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
Osunbade is a confused slave.undecided

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by macphilip: 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
Am afraid for the minority Christians in Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Tafari1(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
If I leave this country, I may not come back for 30years.. . Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Ehrick(m): 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
SirRoberto:
I have a feeling that the VP's view may be inconsequential. I m yet to see his influence in this govt
He's a VP, he has almost nothing to do but go on errands.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by dragonking3: 4:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
I hope the yorubas are seeing the mess they put us in? angry angry

Buhari is evil

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by royalfamily(m): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
In this economy crash down the only thing they could come up with is this sharia bill abi,?, continue ooo ... Una blood na him we go use sanctify this country.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by ahms12(m): 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
this country don tire me.where others country they think of something else. we they here the marginalize some people. maybe we the youth go dey plan make we sell the country. let's even bring everything down will be better

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by OPCNAIRALAND: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
dragonking3:
I hope the yorubas are seeing the mess they put us in? angry angry

Buhari is evil

What does legislature have to do with Buhari?
It is illiterates like you who have zero understanding of democracy that makes exploitation of the 1/3 rd column a reality.
Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Johnnyessence(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
The senate should not start what they will not finish oooooooo. Sharia law should not be allow in our constitution and we totally reject it. Sharia law in the northern region has not done. Sharia law caused violence in the society.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by eph12(m): 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2016
Pavore9:
Their Sharia should be limited to the North!
There are Christians in the north

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by dragonking3: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

What does legislature have to do with Buhari?
It is illiterates like you who have zero understanding of democracy that makes exploitation of the 1/3 rd column a reality.

Keep on asking silly questions. I know you are an Afonja, but I suspect that you are an Afonja Muslim so you must support your master.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by chernest2002: 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2016
And when nnamdi kanu talks some people will call him names, I wish I have another country like buhari have said, I will gladly go and leave this evil state.
Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by Festy4u(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2016
A time like this when people parley with hunger and depression in the country, just imagine an abominable bill (sharia) is what is most pressing in the hollow mind of law makers! Don't worry, pass the bill and watch Nigeria disintegrate into what you people desire for it. Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by highpriest4: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
Gradually we are getting there

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by MYGFGSGH: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2016
Yorubaman whether pastor or not will always be a yorubaman always a traitor, double speak, seating on the fence, looking for who to use as a scapegoat and worst still cowards. Afonja pastor betraying christ on the mat of mohammad.

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Reacts To Sharia Bill In The Senate by sirfee(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
Sharia Law ko sahara law ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebonyi State Officially Launch Ebubeagu Security Network (Photos) / PHOTOS: Army Floods Lagos Street This Morning / APC Reacts To Supreme Court Judgement On APC Rivers Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.