Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" (20397 Views)

"Nigeria’s Recession Will Begin To End ‘Slowly’ But ‘Painfully’ In July 2017" / Recession Will Soon Be Over – Osinbajo Assures Nigerians / Economy: Recession Will End Soon, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by JumiR: 1:19am On Nov 06, 2016
The Chairman, Senate Committee on the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Dino Melaye, is known to be a collector of vintage cars which are expensive. 42-year-old Melaye, who represents Kogi West Senatorial District in the Senate, has in his garage a fleet of customized vintage and luxury cars worth hundreds of millions. In September 2016, he arrived at a Senate function at the Sheraton Hotel, Abuja, in a Mercedes Benz 190 (1958 Model) with customized number plate “KOGI DINO 10”. A few weeks ago, he made news again when he was spotted in a Rolls Royce worth N180million. Recently, Senator Dino Melaye spoke to PUNCH on various issues and one of the questions was on his acquisition of expensive vintage cars as the recession bites hard in Nigeria.

Responding to how he acquired his stupendous wealth, Melaye said, "I don’t know about stupendous wealth. I don’t know about being wealthy, but I will say I am a comfortable Nigerian and I have never got any contract from the government contract in my life. I have also never taken any political appointment in my life or a position where I have control over government funds. I have never had government imprest and I challenge anyone who has any criminal allegation against me to actually come out and present it.

"With the vigour with which I fought the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan, if I had any skeleton in my cupboard, by now it would have been exposed. For a man who buys very expensive cars with his name labelled on the number plate, it is enough to tell you that he is clean. I am a very transparent Nigerian, a very open and honest Nigerian. I have never stolen from government and I can say it without fear. I challenge anyone to prove me otherwise. But at the same time, God is the ultimate giver of legitimate wealth and anyone who really wants to tap into the anointing of getting resources from God should please consult me."

On his love of cars, Melaye added that, "I love automobiles and everybody can be passionate about a particular thing. Some can be passionate about homosexuality. They can spend any amount of money to sleep with a man. Some are passionate about occultism. They can buy blood at any amount of money. Some are passionate about diamonds; you can ask Diezani (Alison-Madueke). My passion is automobiles and there is no crime in that and I am very proud of it. Once the automobiles are not products of crime and they are not got from any ill-gotten wealth, then a man should be proud about what he is passionate about. I love automobiles and I am waiting for the next collection."

The journalist further asked why Melaye is acquiring more cars "when many Nigerians, even those from your constituency and senatorial district cannot feed and there is poverty everywhere", the Kogi senator said, "My cars cannot underwrite the recession problems of this country. Even if you sell my cars now, it will not make Nigeria to come out of recession." On his marital status, he disclosed that, "I am single. I have three children. But I am not married. I won’t remain single forever. Very soon I will invite you (to my wedding) and I assure you (that the person I will marry) will be a Made-in-Nigeria woman. I have always been married to one woman and all my children are from one woman. I have only been married once. Whatever marriage I am going into now will be my second marriage. If you are anxious to know, I will invite you.I don’t have a wife."

http://dawntodusknews.com/senator-dino-melaye-nigerias-recession-wont-end-even-sell-cars/

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by herzern(m): 1:22am On Nov 06, 2016
Lol......

Just come to think of it....

Cut Senators/Fed Honourables allowances by 80%......

Then.....Use the Money realised to fix the Power sector.....

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Sibrah: 1:26am On Nov 06, 2016
True talk . . . That doesn't mean Dizeani and Tinubu don't have more wealth. Nìgerians just hate visual oppression.

6 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Davash222(m): 1:58am On Nov 06, 2016
JumiR:
Some are passionate about diamonds; you can ask Diezani (Alison-Madueke). My passion is automobiles and there is no crime in that and I am very proud of it.
My people, sentiments apart, who is Wise here If a woman can be Wise enough to invest in Diamonds and someone is proud to say he's passionate about cars..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Akshow: 8:24am On Nov 06, 2016
No be your fault na. Na the peanut brain people wey de vote people like una I blame. Nonsense

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Sanchase: 8:24am On Nov 06, 2016
Lol
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by olasmith10(m): 8:24am On Nov 06, 2016
Believe this and believe every other moonlight tale from the confluence state.

it will really do a lot more of good if Dino can state the source of his wealth so as to buttress his point!!!

6 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by santosesq1(m): 8:26am On Nov 06, 2016
Show show dino i hail oh
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Beehshorp(m): 8:26am On Nov 06, 2016
Davash222:

My people, sentiments apart, who is Wise here If a woman can be Wise enough to invest in Diamonds and someone is proud to say he's passionate about cars..

Different stroke for different folks... I guess m right

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by unmask: 8:27am On Nov 06, 2016
Well if ge didn't get his money illegally....he can spend it the way he wants to
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2016
cheesy Biggest problem

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by gbaskiboy: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2016
Dino Melaye my Boy
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by awakeuche(m): 8:28am On Nov 06, 2016
Dinobadguy, make i tweet you..... There are things i need you to teach me
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by sakalisis(m): 8:29am On Nov 06, 2016
;Dabeg what about pastor with 5 private jets oo?
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by TamedWolf90: 8:29am On Nov 06, 2016
Lwkmd

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Vaxt(m): 8:30am On Nov 06, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by rosalieene(f): 8:30am On Nov 06, 2016
this one is just seeking for attention again

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by ajepako(f): 8:30am On Nov 06, 2016
You are right Mr Melaye...

But sell them first...

And spend the proceeds in empowering the people in your constituency..

lt wont end recession as you said but it would empower your electorates and move them slightly away from recession and poverty

The ball is in your court sir....

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by nwachinemelu(m): 8:30am On Nov 06, 2016
Tackle ur prblems like Kante be Creative like HAZARD. Be Sharp like Pedro Be clinical like Costa & celebrate like Conte .....God bless us all in these EMBER mths

5 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Liveair: 8:30am On Nov 06, 2016
Hmm, Sometimes arrogance can be admired...say it to your face, giving no damn.

However, humility is Golden.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:33am On Nov 06, 2016
It is well.
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by SalomonKane: 8:33am On Nov 06, 2016
rosalieene:
this one is just seeking for attention again
But he's kinda telling the truth, you know.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by mustymatic(m): 8:34am On Nov 06, 2016
Mumu oga...if all their salaries are cut to a percentage maybe then it'll end

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 06, 2016
It's Dino Baby...
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by laviecontinue: 8:36am On Nov 06, 2016
"Some can be passionate about homosexuality. They can spend any amount of money to sleep with a man. Some are passionate about occultism. They can buy blood at any amount of money. Some are passionate about diamonds" shocked shocked shocked shocked I think malaye have something on whoever he's refering to here. Seriously one can make money from anything and blackmailing is one of it...... (Just my taught o abeg)
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by DLondonboiy: 8:37am On Nov 06, 2016
these are the true Nigerians...not all those who are masturbating untop conductor job...

Except you enjoy poverty.....if you want to be rich, you have to be ruthless...
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by helphelp: 8:38am On Nov 06, 2016
Oga Dino, you don smoke that level again...

Na wa ooo
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by bekong(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2016
I love cars too. As your partner, sir, can I have one even if na pencil light camry?
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by nzeobi(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2016
Fact is many Nigerians hate rich people. Once you are rich,you must be corrupt or a ritualist.

All the best to you Mr Dino.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by KingBelieve: 8:44am On Nov 06, 2016
I will marry made in Nigeria woman then you just laugh when you realize we got some women made in Italy (foreign)
Re: Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 06, 2016
olasmith10:

Believe this and believe every other moonlight tale from the confluence state.

it will really do a lot more of good if Dino can state the source of his wealth so as to buttress his point!!!
who u epp?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola / Malabu Scandal: House Of Representative To Summon Goodluck Jonathan / You Can’t Be Broke With 15 Govs, 44 Senators, PDP Staff Tell Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.