Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? (3433 Views)

The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2016
freeradical:
@Lenny you need to umderstand that if there exist such a thing as a creator it must have a nature. Its in the description of the nature of the creator that different religions and belief systems diverge.

Coming to yours, how can you describe its nature if its action (of igniting creation and then vanishing) doesn't portray that it has any nature. It can't even be said to be a being. It sounds more like a random spark Dan a living being. For it to possess a nature it must have formal and final causes. There must be some goal it seeks to achieve. Some end its actions play at. Take for example an orange tree starts as a seed....complex biochemical and physiological processes take place in the course of its lifespan and in the end matures into a full orange tree that produces fruit that bears seed which will be dispersed by animals to continue its specie. That final end is d cause to all the years of its germination. That's d nature of the orange plant. What can you say is the nature of your deist creator?
And who is the creator Yahweh?
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by freeradical(m): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

Yeah everything presented is presented with evidence.
The big bang, evolution e.t.c
And you conveniently skipped the part I talked about eyebrows raised on these theories even among prominent scientists
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by freeradical(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

And who is the creator Yahweh?
God is a supreme spirit who alone exists of himself and is infinitely perfect.
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2016
freeradical:
God is a supreme spirit who alone exists of himself and is infinitely perfect.
And who is this God
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
freeradical:
And you conveniently skipped the part I talked about eyebrows raised on these theories even among prominent scientists
A small portion mostly biased based on religion
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by freeradical(m): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
@Lenny God the way u defined it doesn't have a nature so doesn't exist.

God made all of creation so that everything will give glory to him. He made man to dominate every created thing. The universe as vast as it is can be subdued by man. He desires that man in turn seeks him out to know him, love him and serve him in this finite world and in the end be happy with him in the infinite world to come.

God is holy and just. He is loving and good. He is Almighty and nothing is impossible for him. He is worthy to be worshipped because of his powerful might. Due to his righteousness he reigns supreme. There is none like him.

He is not just d God of the Jews but of every humam race. The Jews are mainly a conduit through which he chose to reveal himself to the rest of the world.

God is love and his image on earth is our Lord Jesus Christ who is also uncreated but begotten of the father before time began. He has the same substance as God the father. He took on himself willingly like a lamb the mission of redeeming creation from the cruel effevt of unrighteousness and death that came with it.

That is the God we serve. Glorious in holiness, awesome in his works. Look around you briefly, pause and behold everything that has been made. How can you not love he that has made all this to be. How can u just give up and accept that this wondrous being is too difficult for you to comprehend hence u cower with false beliefs that he doesn't care about what he made and has vanished into nothingness. How can you feel too big or important to worship such a mighty one whem you cannot even create a simple lifeform. Its in your very nature to seek the Lord. That is how you are made. From the inception of time mankind has always sought God in one way or the other. Hence the proliferation of religion on earth.

I can keep going on but you need to do some deep thinking on your own. You have to put your faith in something, the question is, in what shall it be?
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by freeradical(m): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

A small portion mostly biased based on religion
The fact is that its acceptance isn't universal. So what good is it when it hasn't answered all the questions its supposed to. You must agree that life as we know it today goes beyond your scientific theories. Your bing bang for example cannot explain the first cause, the events that took place before the Big bang. There r also loopholes here man.
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
freeradical:
The fact is that its acceptance isn't universal. So what good is it when it hasn't answered all the questions its supposed to. You must agree that life as we know it today goes beyond your scientific theories. Your bing bang for example cannot explain the first cause, the events that took place before the Big bang. There r also loopholes here man.
That is why we try to know more, to get a better understanding of the universe
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by freeradical(m): 3:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lennycool:

That is why we try to know more, to get a better understanding of the universe
The physical part of creation is what you are relying on science to elucidate on. What about the spiritual aspect. Do you also think you can apply scientific methodology on that as well. You do know that man is composed of body and spirit right.
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by raphieMontella: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2016
freeradical:
I understand you perfectly well Lenny but I would wish you could apply some critical thinking to your belief. How can a creator just initiate creation and then disappears afterwards. Do you really believe everthing came to be as explained by the big bang, evolution and other scientific theories? There has been a lot of eyebrows raised on these theories even within the scientific community.

I want u to prod further on these questions. Why did the creator create? To what purpose is creation?
how can a parent build a duplex home..and keep kids alone at home..knowing fully well that they can fall off from the gatter?
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by raphieMontella: 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2016
freeradical:
prominent scientists dispute the bigbang?
Who?
Kent hovind?
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by freeradical(m): 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
raphieMontella:

how can a parent build a duplex home..and keep kids alone at home..knowing fully well that they can fall off from the gatter?
This your analogy doesn't follow. God didn't leave mam handicapped against his environment. Man has everything he needs to take of this house left to him by the house builder/owner.
Re: Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? by freeradical(m): 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2016
raphieMontella:

prominent scientists dispute the bigbang?
Who?
Kent hovind?
If you know the big bang theory well you should that despite the fact that its model provides an accurate explanation of how the universe began in time it still has its problems or mysteries it fails to explain. Have u heard of the horizon problem or the flatness problem associated with the theory.

I'm not in any way trying to undermine the big bang theory. If you ask me the proponents did some ground breaking investigation which leaves so much to admire. I also appreciate the fact that d theory explains the timeline of the universe accurately from the bang to how life began on earth.

However I cannot put all my faith in such a model and discard my belief in God. That will be foolish of me considering the fact the the big bang has not provided all the answers.

My point is science has really done well in addressing our physical challenges but what can science do to address the moral and philosophical questions that bug man. How can science answer the question "why are we here?"

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RCCG November 2020 30 Days Fasting Prayer Points Guide (PDF) / Christ Embassy Begins Her Annual International Pastors And Partners Conference / The Miracle Fish In Nigeria River In Ekiti State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.