Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child (4744 Views)

Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri / Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court / The Female Child And The Upsurge In Prostitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Are these ritualist and criminals people running from not in the society? In advanced countries there are still crime and a lot of them too

Do you know how many cases of child molesters are in America, Do you know how many cases of serial killers, Do you know how many pimpss are kidnapping girls for prostitution Go to any walmart around you will see at least 50pictures of missing children. These are in the same America

A child needs to grow up and be gradually exposed to the society when they have enough sense and awareness of danger around them. Before 10 they can only play or go out with supervision. 10-15 reduce the supervision but whenever they misuse it take back the privilege

For every Pink or choir child who turned bad think of the millions of children from unprotected homes who fill prisons all over the world or girls who have been kidnapped for prostitution

Not to even talk of the million killed by gang violence. On one July 4 holiday weekend over 100 black youths most under 18yrs were killed in gang violence one weekend in Chicago Alone. Think about that. Chicago has a Population of less than 3million, Lagos State has a population of close to 20M

I have studied and worked in different countries in my early 20s. I have lived alone in some of the world's biggest and most vibrant cities and nothing bad has ever happened to me. I admit that those countries were all developed but also that the crime rates there are higher than in rural areas and I knew I had to be careful but I thank God my father did not keep his promise to keep me locked at home till the age of 35 like he always said he would. grin

I love these memories. I learned so much and it made me strong and successful.

My younger cousin has just returned from Brazil. She did an exchange year there. She says it has been the best experience ever.

Do whatever you like with your children but if all people shared your mindset, we would still be thinking that the Earth is flat and that America is actually India.
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by raumdeuter: 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mindfulness:

I have studied and worked in different countries in my early 20s. I have lived alone in some of the world's biggest and most vibrant cities and nothing bad has ever happened to me. I admit that those countries were all developed but also that the crime rates there are higher than in rural areas and I knew I had to be careful but I thank God my father did not keep his promise to keep me locked at home till the age of 35 like he always said he would. grin

I love these memories. I learned so much and it made me strong and successful.

My younger cousin has just returned from Brazil. She did an exchange year there. She says it has been the best experience ever.

Do whatever you like with your children but if all people shared your mindset, we would still be thinking that the Earth is flat and that America is actually India.

So it was people who overprotect children or children overprotected who are ignorant of the shape of the world? Actually its most of the protected children who turn to geeks and excel in every field of endeavor
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by dangotesmummy: 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Are these ritualist and criminals people running from not in the society? In advanced countries there are still crime and a lot of them too

Do you know how many cases of child molesters are in America, Do you know how many cases of serial killers, Do you know how many pimpss are kidnapping girls for prostitution Go to any walmart around you will see at least 50pictures of missing children. These are in the same America

A child needs to grow up and be gradually exposed to the society when they have enough sense and awareness of danger around them. Before 10 they can only play or go out with supervision. 10-15 reduce the supervision but whenever they misuse it take back the privilege

For every Pink or choir child who turned bad think of the millions of children from unprotected homes who fill prisons all over the world or girls who have been kidnapped for prostitution

Not to even talk of the million killed by gang violence. On one July 4 holiday weekend over 100 black youths most under 18yrs were killed in gang violence one weekend in Chicago Alone. Think about that. Chicago has a Population of less than 3million, Lagos State has a population of close to 20M
yes everyone knows violence is all over th world but because violence IS all over the world does it means he should not socialize?

That your friend died in a car accident does it mean you will never drive a car again (assumption) or enter any car.that your brother divorced (assumption)does it mean you will tell your children not to get married?

It's you that will know how you will raise your children to adjust to the perilous times we're living in otherwise over protection will just make them casualties of society.

When you overprotect your daughters and they're oblivious of the wiles of men one hawk will just deceive her and impregnate her because you overprotected her without making her realise that the world is not a nice place. Moreover will you be alive forever one day you will grow old and die and they'll still be there to deal with the world alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

So it was people who overprotect children or children overprotected who are ignorant of the shape of the world? Actually its most of the protected children who turn to geeks and excel in every field of endeavor

Again! There is a HUGE difference between protection and overprotection.
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2016
dangotesmummy:
yes everyone knows violence is all over th world but because violence IS all over the world does it means he should not socialize?

That your friend died in a car accident does it mean you will never drive a car again (assumption) or enter any car.that your brother divorced (assumption)does it mean you will tell your children not to get married?

It's you that will know how you will raise your children to adjust to the perilous times we're living in otherwise over protection will just make them casualties of society.

When you overprotect your daughters and they're oblivious of the wiles of men one hawk will just deceive her and impregnate her because you overprotected her without making her realise that the world is not a nice place. Moreover will you be alive forever one day you will grow old and die and they'll still be there to deal with the world alone

We should also close all school because of teenagers who have gone on a killing spree. Schools are not safe either.
And while we are at it. Let us also close all churches. I remember people shooting there in the middle of a Sunday mass.
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by dangotesmummy: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

geeks ke? grin

Was zuckerberg overprotected,was okonjo iweala over protected, were the Google guys overprotected? grin
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by raumdeuter: 4:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
dangotesmummy:

At least you are agreeing that most place in the world have dangerous elements and not denying the obvious, In an ideal society, we wont need to even lock doors because there wont be thieves, We wont need to even watch our backs because there wont be danger
So how do you protect you own vulnerable children and ensure they dont become another statistics of the society

Will bad people ever leave this world? No they will be here for a long time as long as there is humanity then how do you protect what is yours

When you are older you reason better than when younger thats why freedom is controlled and given gradually. As a teenager you probably didnt like your parent for being strict on you, Now compare your life with friends you might know who had permissive parents
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by dangotesmummy: 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mindfulness:

We should also close all school because of teenagers who have gone on a killing spree. Schools are not safe either.
And while we are at it. Let us also close all churches. I remember people shooting there in the middle of a Sunday mass.

exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by dangotesmummy: 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

At least you are agreeing that most place in the world have dangerous elements and not denying the obvious, In an ideal society, we wont need to even lock doors because there wont be thieves, We wont need to even watch our backs because there wont be danger
So how do you protect you own vulnerable children and ensure they dont become another statistics of the society

Will bad people ever leave this world? No they will be here for a long time as long as there is humanity then how do you protect what is yours

When you are older you reason better than when younger thats why freedom is controlled and given gradually. As a teenager you probably didnt like your parent for being strict on you, Now compare your life with friends you might know who had permissive parents
yes protect them but don't OVERDO it till they become dense.that's the point

African parents don't know When to stop over protecting their kids.they always overbearing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
dangotesmummy:
yes protect them but don't OVERDO it till they become dense.that's the point

African parents don't know When to stop over protecting their kids.they always overbearing

It explains so much. Let me not delve into it before people take offense.
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by dangotesmummy: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mindfulness:

It explains so much. Let me not delve into it before people take offense.
what explains so much and who ARE the people going to take offense?
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by toyeem(f): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

Now compare your over protective family to families where there was no protection at all where you can go out and come in anytme they wanted. How many of such children even manage to get into University sef.

Given the option of over protection and no protection, I will over protect anyday.

Everyday, I pray for my parents for the kind of training they gave us. God being my help, I will protect my children with all I have; I owe them that just as my parent did for me.

1 Like

Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by toyeem(f): 5:22pm On Nov 10, 2016
dangotesmummy:
that's why if you read my earlier post you will see that you're one of the few exemptions that are living An average my father said we should always go to church kind of life

Seriously, whatever that means, I don't know. All I know is that I love the adult we all grew into: confident, respectful, disciplined and loving. Yes, my parents gave me tough love and it moulded me into who I'm today
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by dangotesmummy: 5:25pm On Nov 10, 2016
toyeem:

Seriously, whatever that means, I don't know. All I know is that I love the adult we all grew into: confident, respectful, disciplined and loving. Yes, my parents gave me tough love and it moulded me into who I'm today
is that so wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by KillerPriest: 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mindfulness:

Maybe the father disvirgin -ed many girls and left them heartbroken and maybe he impregnated some and had them have abortions. Guilty conscience can haunt people for ages. grin

LOL. grin grin

And Love is the child of freedom. tongue Better context? cheesy

Yeah, it was used out of context. tongue

1 Like

Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by KillerPriest: 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2016
Mindfulness:

No but children are born with different dispositions. Some are more timid than others, as an example. All babies are not equal so they cannot be a tabula rasa.

Timidity, intelligence, feistiness et al have more to do with genetics. All of which manifest as the child grows older.

Besides, a child being timid or confident is most times contingent upon the environmental circumstances he-she finds him-herself. I don't think anyone is congenitally predisposed to being timid and whatnot.

I believe the mind is a clean tablet at nascence; a newly, wet cemented floor whereby anything and everything which falls on it leaves an impression – some more pronounced than others.

cheesy
Yeah, same symptom of fear and insecurity. Taken to an institutional level, it is called marriage, ha ha ha. tongue

I already told you to learn to hold out for the second marshmallow. grin
Re: Over Protectiveness Of The Female Child by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
KillerPriest:

Timidity, intelligence, feistiness et al have more to do with genetics. All of which manifest as the child grows older.

Besides, a child being timid or confident is most times contingent upon the environmental circumstances he-she finds him-herself. I don't think anyone is congenitally predisposed to being timid and whatnot.

I believe the mind is a clean tablet at nascence; a newly, wet cemented floor whereby anything and everything which falls on it leaves an impression – some more pronounced than others.

Children are born different. They have predispositions. They are not a tabula rasa. Locke's concept is controversial, always has.

I already told you to learn to hold out for the second marshmallow. grin

I can easily do it if I choose to. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Home Decorations With 3D Wallpanels @ #5k Flat rate. 08064776356 / Some Women Don't Have Sense / Is This True?: Prince William Divorces Kate Middleton After 5 Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.