Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,341 members, 7,864,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:15 PM

NNPC To Increase Fuel Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Increase Fuel Price (396 Views)

NNPC To Establish 4,600MW Plants In FCT, Kaduna And Kano / NNPC To Hike Fuel Price, As Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike / List Of Firms Approved By NNPC To Lift Nigerian Crude For 2017/18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NNPC To Increase Fuel Price by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
NNPC official: N145 no longer sustainable… pump price will increase

Mele Kyari, group general manager, crude oil marketing division of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), says the increase pump price of petrol is inevitable.
According to Vanguard , Kyari said this in Lagos at the 2016 Oil Trading and Logistics (OTL) Conference.
He reportedly said it was impossible to import products at the current foreign exchange rate, sell at the rate of N145 per litre, and make any gain.
“We have a very difficult business environment. It is impossible today to import products at the current market price – at the current foreign exchange rate. There is no way today you can take the product to retail and sell at N145. It is not possible today,” Kyari reportedly said.
“If that is true and I believe that it is true because we all go to the market, why can’t we sell above N145? I also know today that it is impossible for this government to announce tomorrow that petrol is about N150.
“The people will not take that number. That is why suppliers are not importing. It problem here is not FX. We have created a niche market for FX.
“I am part of the committee that allocates FX to marketers. But it is rejected, and the reason being given is that the FX is not enough to import. But that is not the truth. Today, are we in a subsidy regime? Absolutely.
“There is no way you can bring products today and take it and sell at N145 and get back your money, and make a profit. That is not possible.”
https://www.thecable.ng/nnpc-increase-of-petrol-price-above-n145l-is-inevitable
Re: NNPC To Increase Fuel Price by Deenite(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
Dis people wont rest, until dey see the average nigerian dead.

With the hick in cost of everything, increasing fuel price now will only make things worst.
Re: NNPC To Increase Fuel Price by nortcentrallord(m): 11:06pm On Nov 06, 2016
I don't blame them. Nobody does business to loose. I blame the clueless government of the day that keeps learning on the job with their ineffective policies. Every sane mind knew with the cbn forex policies that it will come to this. Only BLIND praise singers and zom+bees didn't.

(1) (Reply)

The True Face Of America / After Missing Channels Debate , Akeredolu Organises Interactive Session / IMN: Understanding Nigerians' Disdain For Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.