Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) (39769 Views)

Boko Haram Terrorist 'Pepper' Arrested By Soldiers. Photos / Zahra Buhari's Experience At The Burial Of The 7 Soldiers / Names Of 7 Soldiers To Be Buried At National Cemetery In Abuja Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by zakim(m): 10:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
The Chief of Army Staff Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai wept as he gave an emotionally speech at the burial of seven soldiers recently killed in a Boko Haram attack at Malam Fotori, Borno state.

The Army chief’s voice cracked while speaking during the gloomy military burial ceremony of the soldiers, which reflected the painful mood at the Nation Military Cemetery in Abuja on Monday.

Buratai in his speech said: “here lie the bodies of our fallen heroes; Lt. Co. Muhammad Abu Ali, Staff Sgt. Muazu Ibrahim, Sgt Husseini Jafaru, Sgt Okon Bassey, Cpl Chukwu Simon, PTE Salishu Lawal, and Able Seaman Patrick Paul.”

He said: “These gallant soldiers were inducted into Operation Lafiya Dole in 2014 to form the pivot of the counter insurgency efforts of the Armed Forces of Nigeria in the North East.”

He added that: “Through fearless and dogged determination to defend the territorial integrity of our fatherland, these turned the tide of battle to liberate Nigeria from the scourge of terrorism.”

“As members of 119 Task Force Battalion, and the Armed Forces Special Forces, they went after the adversaries to smoke them out of their enclaves, bomb their factories had hiding areas,” he noted.

Buratai said: “They were brave, precise, professional and inspiring.”

He pointed out that: “ that they led the battle to recapture the following towns and villages: Monguno, Baga, New Marge, Bama, Gwoza, Banki Junction, Gamboru Ngala, Yale, Yemteke, Bitam, Doronaira, Kagarwa, Ärrege, Abadam, and Mallam Fatori.”

“In these battles, they rescued women, and children, fathers and mothers, the young and the old and restore peace and order to Nigerian citizens,” he said.

He said: “At last on 4th November 2016, they paid the supreme sacrifice in the battle of Mallam Fatori. These men epitomize the best of our military.”

He said they exemplified the values of our nation and our military, with their loyalty, discipline, courage, selfless service, respect, honour and dignity.

He noted that they left behind wives, children, as well as parents and dependents, adding that they fought for the unity of the nation.

“Our brave and gallant compatriots, your families and comrades will miss you. The entire nation will miss you but be rest assured that your labour will never be in vain.

“Sarkin Yarkin, the frontline general, you and your men have fought a good fight, you always told them to pray, stay alert, and stay alive.

“You will always be alive in our memories, we shall continue to pray for you, we shall continue to pray for you all, and we shall remain alert for you, for the cause you have laid your life for,” Buratai stated.

He also promised that: “Your loved ones will remain in our care and their welfare will be of utmost priority at all times. “

President Buhari, who was represented by his chief of Staff Abba Kyari said: “No words can do justice to the patriotism and courage of these soldiers who laid down their lives for Nigeria.

He said the officer and soldiers together with their colleagues have shown unalloyed commitment to the common good of all Nigerians. They were fearless, responsive, inspiring selfless and dedicated to the discharge of their duties.

He added that: “In these qualities lay the foundation to our nation's values. At times like this the attention of our nation is refocused on the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform, epitomizing the nobel values of that Unites our country.”

He said the selflessness of these gentlemen reinvigorates the memories of other great heroes who stood firm in the defence of our dear nation and had to pay the supreme price in the fight against insurgency.

He added that their sacrifice, patriotism and indeed gallantry would surely not go in vain. Nigerian would continue to remember their outstanding efforts in securing the territorial integrity of the country.

He said: “undeniably the gallantry and high sense of professionalism displayed by these gentlemen has contributed to the restoration of peace and normalcy in the Northeast.”

He said: “it is therefore our resolve that the efforts of these fallen heroes shall never be in vain. We remain spurred by the zeal and gallant efforts to ensure that terrorism and insurgency is defeated so that our country can enjoy the much desired peace and progress.”

He also said: “to the bereaved families, the government and people of Nigeria share this moment of grief with you. Although this is a sorrowful moment, please take solace I the fact that your bread winners have brought honour and pride to Nigeria the military and the families.

“To these gallant heroes, I say may your gentle souls rest in peace.” Buhari stated.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buratai-weeps-as-military-buries-fallen-heroes/170543.html#R4joxuiwfofOeLpO.99

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Edunwa302(m): 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2016
May their souls R.I.P

3 Likes

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by mensdept: 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
Nigeria is a failed state, and this general is nothing more than a hired hand protecting british/Western interest to loot in Africa.

Nonsense

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 07, 2016
Crocodile tears.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by DozieInc(m): 12:41am On Nov 08, 2016
mschew..
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 2:37am On Nov 08, 2016
I feel sad

1 Like

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Siberia101: 3:16am On Nov 08, 2016
Buratai Weeping?

He should explain to us all how he was able to acquire estates worth Billions of Naira in Dubai..

Surely it would be money meant for arms procurement, non payment of allowances of frontline soldiers and the late soldiers Gratuities

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by PedroJP(m): 5:32am On Nov 08, 2016
When is he going to the war front ? What is even his duty as the chief because i can bet with afonja lives ( least mattered to me) that this guy doesn't sit to think out strategies. I doubt if he even has it in his conscience that we are fighting and at war as he only sends his subordinates to a front u either kill or get killed.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Izonpikin: 6:15am On Nov 08, 2016
Picture of him weeping or this madness of a news should stop on news papers...which weep

The same man who wiped off over 200 shiite muslims

Give me a freaking break...lies everywhere...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Abeymills(m): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2016
Very useles clowns burantashi d snake shammer u n ur Oga bubuhari are disgrace to humanity very useles govt

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by policy12: 7:20am On Nov 08, 2016
R. I. P to the dead..
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by agwom(m): 7:36am On Nov 08, 2016
RIP
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by lightheart(m): 7:47am On Nov 08, 2016
Izonpikin:
Picture of him weeping or this madness of a news should stop on news papers...which weep

The same man who wiped off over 200 shiite muslims

Give me a freaking break...lies everywhere...

It is sad the degrading levels these news vendors have gone to. Freedom of information should not be abused.

I pray the families of the fallen gallants find the strength to bear.

3 Likes

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by shalomdaniel: 7:50am On Nov 08, 2016
Have you said it Today?!

GOD Bless Nigeria!
See what just one slap has done!!! https://www.nairaland.com/3452537/kogi-poly-student-hospitalized-after#50853346

3 Likes

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 08, 2016
Crocodile tears
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Niyinficient(m): 7:50am On Nov 08, 2016
Gallant Soldiers.....rest in peace
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by rinlahy: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2016
i feel like weeping too
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by realglobe: 7:51am On Nov 08, 2016
when will he weep over the lives of over 1000 shites he massacred? hypocrisy
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by nommaz: 7:52am On Nov 08, 2016
Rip
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by karnela: 7:52am On Nov 08, 2016
Is needed
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by omenka(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2016
Massive loss indeed. May their gallant souls rest in peace, amen.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by abiodunbright(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2016
My the souls of the 7 gallant soldiers rest in perfect peace in Jesus name Amen. I want to say a big thank you to NA for their protection over our country Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Krexpah(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2016
RIP to the heroes....
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by acunon: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2016
It's alright, cry no more as their soul will be received by our heavenly Father. Let them rest in peace for they had fought for there beloved kwantry. Fare well
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Ehasea: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Ok
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by nely(m): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2016
Crying shows weakness, weakness shows defeat, Why will a COAS cry, he should show strength not tears..that's why I will not forget former COAS ihejirika he was fearless and courageous.

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by progress69: 7:54am On Nov 08, 2016
PedroJP:
When is he going to the war front ? What is even his duty as the chief because i can bet with afonja lives ( least mattered to me) that this guy doesn't sit to think out strategies. I doubt if he even has it in his conscience that we are fighting and at war as he only sends his subordinates to a front u either kill or get killed.

What is really wrong with you online militants? Where in the world have u ever seen an Army Chief going to the war front? In b/w no military chief have ever visited the front lines like the COAS.? He doesn't think out strategies but the whole world knows there have been tremendous success in the war against BH against the past, where the animal where allowed to do anything at will. What have "afonjas" got to do with this comment or news? Why are u kids not doing something better with your life, rather than stay online instigating tribal wars on the internet. Don't you have Yoruba friends? If you channel the energy you use in writing hateful and silly comments to something more tangible,your life will be far better off.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by omenka(m): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2016
Some people have suddenly turned huge fans of Shiites. Same Muslims they loathe with every red blood cell in their body.

Confused lot. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by pretydiva(f): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2016
This is so sad cry. May God rest their soul
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by NaijaMutant(f): 7:54am On Nov 08, 2016
Rip to the heroes

But I'm not moved by Buratai's tears undecided
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 08, 2016
Weeping for what America has caused Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Buratai Weeps As Military Buries 7 Soldiers (Photos) by Akinz0126(m): 7:55am On Nov 08, 2016
How many Nigerian Army has been killed so far by this monsters in human skin?Over 2 million if I get my fact right so who's deceiving who?He should keep shedding crocodiles tears

Bunch of hypocrite......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Set To Announce Staggered Elections / Onneghen: "I Hope You Are Not Taking My Pants" - Sacked CJN Asks Photographer / Omoyele Sowore: "Nigerians, Don't Cry For Me If I Die", Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.