Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,710 members, 7,844,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This (1588 Views)

I'm Thinking Of Relocating To Dubai For Greener Pasture / 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee / Cost Of Travelling To Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by violent(m): 6:35pm On Oct 30, 2009
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by benincitys(f): 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2009
thanks for posting .
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by violent(m): 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2009
Its quite sad to learn of so many folks that work tooth and nail just to get out of the country by any means and others outside who just remain stuck refusing to come back home, this they do, hiding about in gutters and trenches just to save their ass, really sad!
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by Pharoh: 9:49am On Nov 01, 2009
God help us ooo even the comments under the video is another battle ground. shocked shocked
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by Pharoh: 10:01am On Nov 01, 2009
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by mevisbleek: 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2009
i dont blame benson @ all, wen d govt cant provide for pple so what do u expect them 2 do. Nigeria is messed up we all know that
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by violent(m): 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2009
Well, its just a shame of a country! Every class of the system brims with corruption from the highest level of the government to the lowest Nigerian ever, am starting to think its just something inherent in the DNA
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by chrisj2(m): 5:41am On Nov 03, 2009
I am surprised the fella went through with his lie and equally surprised that the British High Commission or person in charge spent that much time on him: he even went to his supervisor to confirm denial when it was so damn obvious.

All I know what an say is that the Brits know what is happening, they make some money from non-refundable visa fees and try to keep reasonable dipomatic ties with Nigeria by letting through some people; amongst then those with questionable applications.

Deos Babcock University actually only have 50 students. I have seen the campus and many of their vehicles and it does look big to me. The guy was not that clever and should have done better with his preparation and answers.

Benson or whatever his name is should go and do something to the stupid agent that lends people the same jacket, shirt and tie to take passport photographs and one that produces very obvious fakes.

And he got away free - no prosecution or caution or anything. Where is the deterrent?
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by chrisj2(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2009
Not Benson but the first one - the stupid lecturer? at Babcock
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by justwise(m): 10:16am On Nov 03, 2009
chris_j:

Not Benson but the first one - the stupid lecturer? at Babcock

But its not good news for Benson, yes he gone through but can he work or do any legal thing? No, he will be used by some wicked individuals and get locked up.
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by violent(m): 11:46am On Nov 03, 2009
If i were the british agent, i will have him arrested, not for forgery, but for stupidity that stinks to high heavens. For pete's sake, what if he was asked to explain wht he taught at the University with 50 students?
One thing tht baffles me however is if counsular agents actually go through so much trouble before issuing a denial, from stories ve heard, it looks their decision is strictly played out by their mood
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by phuckNL: 1:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
chris_j:

I am surprised the fella went through with his lie and equally surprised that the British High Commission or person in charge spent that much time on him: he even went to his supervisor to confirm denial when it was so damn obvious.

All I know what an say is that the Brits know what is happening, they make some money from non-refundable visa fees and try to keep reasonable dipomatic ties with Nigeria by letting through some people; amongst then those with questionable applications.

Deos Babcock University actually only have 50 students. I have seen the campus and many of their vehicles and it does look big to me. The guy was not that clever and should have done better with his preparation and answers.

Benson or whatever his name is should go and do something to the stupid agent that lends people the same jacket, shirt and tie to take passport photographs and one that produces very obvious fakes.

And he got away free - no prosecution or caution or anything. Where is the deterrent?

I am shocked at the bolded comment above. The interview was recorded probably for viewing/training new officers. They have to follow protocol when they are being recorded. If the guys wasn't being recorded. He would have denied him after 10 seconds of the interview.
Don't be fooled. They are not always that accomodating.
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by chrisj2(m): 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
I suppose there is some play-acting going on for the camera. But, I believe these people do go through due process as opposed to waht we do to our own citizens at the Nigerian High Commissions all over the world.

I doubt anything is done without authorisation, but, yes, it might not be played out in the same way as we see on the programme. The Nigerian official appears to be shown to go straight to the point as per her conclusion.

But, you have to give them credit for even entertaining the volume of application and having to deal with a high level of stupidity (perceived smartness) and barefaced lie, fraud and criminality.

Well, UK like their cheap labour and they do get money for visa apps and they know most Nigerians will probably waste their money studying at very high cost in their Universities and work hard for little money whilst paying direct and indirect taxes.

Farmer was funny (it took 3 months to get emergency travel docs, ), Benson was even funnier in a not so funny cringy kind of way but Babcock man was just pathetic. Benson deserves and OSCAR for his lie about his age and his story but somehow I did feel for him; and still in doubt whether the story about his parents are true or not - 65% truth for me.
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by violent(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2009
@Chris J: Nah, i very much doubt if his story is even 2 percent true. The guy was just looking for a way to get into the UK.
How do you leave your country in a rush, well dressed up with a tooth brush in your pocket?
If i forgot my toothbrush in my pocket, once am in the plane, all i have to do is to transfer it into my handluggage, and to think the brush left with him right from his bathroom to the UK entry point? i will rather believe the earth is square.

What baffles me more is that more and more Nigerians will be swooned by these so called agents.  We all hear the same story about how risky it is to enter and live in any country illegally, how it is almost impossible to work in such countries given your immigration status, and yet hundreds still fall prey and not only tht a larger percentage dispose of their properties, all for wht?
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by chrisj2(m): 8:21pm On Nov 03, 2009
I think I might have been abroad too long, I just thought that the way he recounted the story was just straight and no mincing and he had already been saying that there was a problem back home.

I agree that running abroad after stealing money from your family members is rather extreme. He could have paid the mony back instead of wasting it trying to travel and the toothbrush part was just an embellishment. Also he could have hidden in other parts of the country.

In fact, I am beginning to think that he might be an armed robber himself, But then you are persuading me from my compassionate view. Look, the thing with Asylum seekers and being put in immigration centre in UK is that sometimes they escape or they let them out or they even give them Asylum.
Working in UK is not that easy these days but it still possible to work in the black market or do dodgy stuff. And that might still be better than being n Nigeria - as long as one does not worry about status. As they say, money from sh1t does not smell.

The programme just keep cutting to Lagos and bashing Nigeria using the same phrases and so on, There will be much more to do with Nja with these programme
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by OAM4J: 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2009
violent:

If i were the british agent, i will have him arrested, not for forgery, but for stupidity that stinks to high heavens. For pete's sake, what if he was asked to explain wht he taught at the University with 50 students?
One thing tht baffles me however is if counsular agents actually go through so much trouble before issuing a denial, from stories ve heard, it looks their decision is strictly played out by their mood

lol cheesy grin
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by OAM4J: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2009
For your information, for producing forged documents they got banned for 10years. So please think twice before you do something illegal.
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by Quentin69: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2009
I am afraid, I never travel illegally, thanks for sharing information,
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by OAM4J: 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2009
Please also be careful of all these agents and their illegal advices. The can make things worse or complicated for one if not careful.
Re: If You Are Thinking Of Travelling Illegally, Watch This by violent(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2009
OAM4J:

Please also be careful of all these agents and their illegal advices. The can make things worse or complicated for one if not careful.

Right on spot! and am sure many people that have one prob or the other are victims of these fradulent agents, wht surprises me however is tht more and more people still get themselves invloved.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Use A Spanish Visa Or Shengen Visa To Enter The Uk? / Please can Someone Direct Me To Jabi Upstairs / Newbie To Alberta Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.