Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

Teaching Your Wife How To Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Teaching Your Wife How To Drive (10157 Views)

Is It Ok To Drive This Car As A Lady(photo)? / FRSC Advises Nigerians On How To Drive Successfully / Have You Taught A Spouse To Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by babaegun(m): 4:26pm On Mar 19, 2007
Have You Ever Taught Your Wife How To Drive A Car?

This is the most interesting class to be in. That is, if you know how to keep your nerves in control. You need to be patient and say your prayers continuously in the process as your life is in your spouses hand. Dont forget, you need to take a handkerchief too. grin

I decided to teach my wife how to drive recently and, "Man", it wasn't easy. I had to enroll her in a training school where I parted with N7K. After that, it was all prayers and high blood pressure. You can't miss the "Learner", "Maamaa" shouts from drivers of other cars. Well, its better for her today.

A friend of mine narrated his own experience of how he had a fit with his wife while teaching her to drive. A colleague has also lost his life while teaching his wife how to drive (God bless his soul). I know people have stories to tell here. Lets know your own experience.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by Seun(m): 9:39pm On Mar 26, 2007
(1) I can't teach anything to anybody. (2) I can't drive.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by spoilt(f): 4:05am On Apr 12, 2007
never let your husband teach you to drive. i heard the story of a lady who's husband got so frustrated that he gave her a knock. grin grin grin. husbands are not known for patience. most guys learn to drive very young and so they dont understand why an adult woman should have a hard time grasping the basics.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by iice(f): 4:10am On Apr 12, 2007
spoilt:

i heard the story of a lady who's husband got so frustrated that he gave her a knock.

grin grin grin
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by user86666(m): 5:04pm On Apr 13, 2007
well I taught my gf to drive years ago, frustrating but fun, thank God we had a chemistry!
after she could drive, it was cool to just sit back and be driven by her
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by Agboola1(m): 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2007
Its a sheer laziness and lack of patience that is making people shy away from teaching your wife how to drive.remember the stress you gave your teacher when you started? my friend taught me how to drive 11yrs ago and i taught my wife a year after, it was a tug of war but we succeeded, now she drives like a racer that if im in her car i always have my heart in my mouth. so fellas if you cant teach your wife how to drive, you cant teach her anything and you cant tolerate her. meaning you are unfit to be a husband.
Seun please start learning how to drive now in case you win the upcoming 9 series BMW

cheers
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by ristic(f): 4:54pm On Apr 19, 2007
my sis had a hard time tryin to learn from her husband he is always shoutin on her which can never go dwn well wit me.
Am even looking for a driving school. but ones that will not use volks to teach
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by rikkyjen(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2007
Someone told me something: He said if you want to have a good night sleep, dont try teaching ur wife driving, cos if you guys leave home happy, no doubt una go fight till una come back. The man would be frustrated @ the slightest mistake grin. Hes gonna yell like crazy, but if a neutral does the teaching, lets say "Driver, Cousins, Young brotha" etc, this guys would be so ashamed to shout/yell or threathen the madam
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by ghettochyk(f): 11:08pm On Apr 19, 2007
omg!! which century do husbands teach their wives to drive?
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by igbonla(m): 11:11pm On Apr 19, 2007
Tough one!

I hate fights, can't teach very well - best way out is hiring a trainer.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by Christino(m): 12:19am On Apr 20, 2007
I can't teach my wife to drive because she'll end up driving like me and i want her alive shocked

I drive like my father grin

of course with a photocopied life. BRT Lanes can testify to that cheesy
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by bja(m): 1:27am On Apr 20, 2007
Have you noticed that when guys teach their girlfriends or female friends driving, it's fun but when it's the wife there is wahala.
It happened to me. I tried teaching my then girlfriend to drive and it was fun but because we lived in different states i couldn't finish the job until we got married when i tried it again and we quarreled every day we went out driving. I ended up sending her to a driving school because i just couldn’t do it. Guys, just send her to a driving school. Period!!!
I really used to believe i was a very patient teacher but i've been proven wrong!
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by spoilt(f): 1:30am On Apr 20, 2007
husbands have this condescending attitude. they forget they are teaching an adult and not a 13 year old boy. they call u mumu and stuff. its painful. i think the driver will be more respectful.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by ccaramel(f): 1:41am On Apr 20, 2007
My boyfriend just wasn't a good teacher. . . .made me feel stupid when i was trying to learn how to drive, plus it's risky in this part of the world. Better to go to a driving school to get a discount on your car insurance.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by chiegemba(f): 1:58am On Apr 20, 2007
Personally, i think its better that "wives" go learn how 2 drive without d help of their husbands because its harder 4 men to teach their wives due to lack of patience and they gettin irritated easily over a slight mistake their wives make. "Although sometimes it helps in learing" wink
Have about 3-4 friends who had shared their experience with me. "sad" sad
But all in all I recommend a drivin school. Cos even if u make a mistake d instructor wont yell, loose patience or get irritated, speaking from experience. I learned how 2 drive in a drivin sch. Been drivin 4 4yrs now smiley
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by ghettochyk(f): 3:05am On Apr 20, 2007
how come these women wait till their married before they even learn to drive? how did she get around before that?
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by soulpatrol(f): 3:13am On Apr 20, 2007
ha, did i hear that a man lost his life while teaching his wife how to drive? shuo! thats hella scary. was she that bad? wow.
it's better to just go to a driving school and get all the instructions, period. they teach you most things you should know should you encounter a serious situation. besides, the insurance you pay is lowered as well. so it has good sides to it. quit trying to save money by teaching her yourself. make the woman no run you and the car off the road o.
i must admit, my ex-boyfriend taught me a little bit when i was still in nigeria, and funny enough he was a good sport about it. no yelling and cussing. maybe because i learn quickly and eventually become a pro at anything. my pops taught my mum back in the day and she drives better than him. best female driver i know.
una good luck o! cool i still say go to a driving school. its safer and you'll avoid your hubby raining curses at your poor head! grin
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by akara(m): 7:00am On Apr 20, 2007
grin

A driving school should be the first place, after a few lessons the job should be made easier.

cool
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by nuru(m): 9:10am On Apr 20, 2007
I taught my wife how to drive. It was fun because I didn't get angry even when she almost ran the car into a ditch. Today, we both enjoy looking back and laughing over the silly moments.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by diyobdw(f): 10:12am On Apr 20, 2007
men it's hell, especailly if your wife is a slow learner. To would end in a fight cheesy
NUru you are one of the feww lucky men!

Best way is to go to a driving school sit were you can watch and laugh you a$$ out
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by Jaguar1(m): 10:40am On Apr 20, 2007
Thank God I read this thread, I was planning to teach my fiancee soon but I think I will just send her to a driving school before something else happens. The only problem is that she's a banker and seldom have time and that's the reason I was planning to steal some weekends.
Generally, I think it could be fun but that's if she doesn't run you into a head on collision with a trailer grin
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by naijaking1: 10:43am On Apr 20, 2007
Teaching your wife how to drive equals to hypertension, stomach ulcers, and possible divorce. Ninety percent of such exercises frustrate both the teacher and student. It is only mentioned to be condemned!
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2007
I'm teaching mine now and its a hell of a problem.

She simply can't understand why stimes I have to shout or scold her, moments after practice are the ones I dread most in my life, the house will be so hot, I think she may have to go to a driving school, though very expensive $800 (avg. depending on how fast you learn).

Sthgs are better learnt when one is young, it saves a whole lot of embarrassment later. (SEUN , a word for you)

How much does it cost to attend a driving school in naija?
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by spikedcylinder: 2:35pm On Apr 20, 2007
Nawa o! I didnt realise that a lot of men on here are married but eh! what do i know??
I didnt even know that this was an issue too. . . I agree with the person who asked why women cant learn how to drive before getting married.Why?
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by my2cents(m): 2:42pm On Apr 20, 2007
iv read research somewhere (I forget where so don't ask tongue) that said its best for family members **not** to teach how to drive. Tis always best to get a friend, classmate, etc to do it.

I can speak from experience that I ignored this and tried teaching my wife how to drive. Needless to say, if we were an American couple, chances are that we would have been part of the "over 50% of marriages end in divorce" statistic grin
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by Beline(f): 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2007
send her to driving school period
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by BlackMamba(m): 8:50pm On Apr 20, 2007
I taught (or pretended to teach) a couple of girls how to drive in my old jalopy VW bug. It was very irritating but I was always rewarded with some quality time at my crib after every lesson.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by pati(f): 9:58pm On Apr 20, 2007
@spoilt very funny (LOL)
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by bodsibobo(m): 9:58am On Apr 21, 2007
I first taught my wife to drive with an automatic gear. Then she couldn't drive a manual car. Then, I taught her with a manual car and she ended up burning out the clutch. I had to spend money to repair/replace the clutch and I found out it would have been much better if I had spent the money on a driving school in the first place!
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by nuru(m): 7:48am On Apr 23, 2007
Given the contributions on this thread so far, I agree that its better to use a driving school for getting ones spouse to learn driving.
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by moondust(m): 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2007
i'm highly impatient , BAD teacher 4 sure. A good thing my lady can already drive
Re: Teaching Your Wife How To Drive by AdaezeUS(f): 11:59pm On Apr 23, 2007
OUCH!!! my2cents, that was a low blow to American's marriages.
My EX-husband taught me how to drive a little, he was impatient but I was too scared on the bridge to get annoyed by it. It's ok for a man to teach his wife, its not that bad. I say prepare her early on, tell her that she will be driving the bridge first!!! The good thing about learning how to drive in America is that you can leave your husband. LOL LOL. grin
Its a joke, I'm messing with "my2cents".

P.S. Over 60% of marriages in America ends in divorce because of infidelity and abuse, I rather be a happy African American waiting for her God sent husband, then dead in my grave trying to beat the odds:-Xn

(1) (2) (Reply)

FRSC: New Driver License to cost N6k & New Vehicle Number Plate Cost N15k / Peculiar Problems of Toyota Camry 03 (Big Daddy)? / Mercedes Benz Parent Company,daimler Planning To Split Into 3 Separate Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.